Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

Are My Siblings Jealous? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are My Siblings Jealous? (3545 Views)

Husband Discovers That His Wife’s Supposed Four Siblings Are Her Children / Jealous Wife Thinks Her Husband's Regional Manager Is His Side Chick (Video) / My Husband Is Too Jealous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are My Siblings Jealous? by hearttolove: 11:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
It's being a big struggle and challenging to love each other as siblings. As it stands, we may never stand as one except God intervene, I really mean this, only God can bring us together. My parent created a poor background for us, particularly my self n my sister grow up to become defensive due to how we were maltreated.

My younger siblings and my mum want to continue in that old way, they never believed those of us who grew up from the village can make it.

Am from a family of 8, for over 3 years now, I have not related with my mum and my other siblings (long story - just better I cut off, I still don't see myself going back to them, I actually never wanted to but I discovered they get angry with me whenever I have a major breakthrough). whenever I achieved a new feat, I would never discuss it if I want peace.

Why did I ask if they are jealous? My sister said this and I was amazed '' you will not be the only one to have money, all of us will have money so that all the family members will love us too''. This statement is so deep to me, not only this but so many other statements pointing to the fact that they are jealous.

I'm not the selfish type, I remembered my first salary, I shared it among all my family members, especially the elderly ones and all my siblings. I told them to use it to pray for me. I did not stop there, I don't limit my giving to my siblings and parent, I grew up with my grandma so I'm close to my uncles and cousins, so I give to those of them who don't have, I think with this my gesture, it is natural to get them to love me more. I wasn't and am not doing that to make them love me, I can't be eating and someone in my family isn't eating or drop out of school due to lack of school fees. God forbid it.

My family and extended family don't joke with me and all of my siblings know this. Now, ask if my siblings aren't doing well, they do (not as much as me), they don't give, one of them prefers to be seen as poor self, she was earning little and when she got a better job, she never announced it, she wanted everyone to see her the same as she was.

I'm my siblings enemy, in fact, my mum told them I used their destiny and that they should stay away from me, my elder sister believes I did something evil to have money (their belief of me eeeh, it is crazy, how can a salary earner be seen as a ritualist?) I don't own a business, I'm not a politician - am just a salary earner. My mum started this whole thing of I'm a ritualist. when I delayed before having kids she told me my hubby used his manhood for money ritual, I told my hubby and we both laughed at her ignorance. My response to her was, 'How much is he earning? don't you know some earns more in his industry'? Her response was ehnnn, that's those who did money rituals like him.

My hubby doesn't take people seriously, he relates with you in your estate, he never took it personal when I told him, he just pitied her and said she may never move up because she has limited.

Now, their attitude has made me keep working harder n harder and praying to God for protection.

I'm never free with my siblings before we parted ways, I can't make a joke so the won't read a different meaning to it. Right now, I do not have their numbers because I discovered they blocked me on Whatsapp, unfriend me on all social media platforms so I just deleted their numbers.

At times I wonder how this hatred for ourselves degenerated to this, for over 13 years we've not lived together, so how come we never still agree from distance? We left our homes 13 years ago and things only got worst in our relationship. I was told one is out of reach for over 2 years now.

How far can siblings go with much hatred for themselves? I can go on and go, I will only bore you all. So tiring.
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 19, 2019
It is natural to be hated if you are doing better in a multitude of people.
Your mom surprises me sha.she should be the one bringing in unity at this point so i wonder why she is doing otherwise.
My advise?
Settle them to the best of your might and let them make their headways.
You will definitely see changes.
I know the type of person you are.you go home and give food money and you expect people to worship you cheesy
No be so dear sister,teach or help people to make their own bread,not give them bread.
Also,why would you tell your husband what your mom said about him? undecided
Jeez!you sound and act like a sister of mine that I hate!
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by deepwater(f): 1:03am On Jul 19, 2019
This is a spiritual case.
Coming from outside the family to destroy the family

Everyone in your family is acting a script from the wicked ones. Seek for family deliverance

11 Likes

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Nobody: 1:06am On Jul 19, 2019
deepwater:
This is a spiritual case.
Coming from outside the family to destroy the family

Everyone in your family is acting a script from the wicked ones. Seek for family deliverance
I expected better from you.
Use to hold you amongst some of the smartest females here till I read this undecided
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Nobody: 3:07am On Jul 19, 2019
OP, it's your mom who has been instigating their jealousy and hatred for you. It's baffling why a mother would cause this much hatred between her own children?

Is she your biological mother?

Where is her husband | your Father in all of these?

hearttolove:

I'm my siblings enemy, in fact, my mum told them I used their destiny and that they should stay away from me, my elder sister believes I did something evil to have money (their belief of me eeeh, it is crazy, how can a salary earner be seen as a ritualist?) I don't own a business, I'm not a politician - am just a salary earner. My mum started this whole thing of I'm a ritualist. when I delayed before having kids she told me my hubby used his manhood for money ritual, I told my hubby and we both laughed at her ignorance. My response to her was, 'How much is he earning? don't you know some earns more in his industry'? Her response was ehnnn, that's those who did money rituals like him.

4 Likes

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by younghartz(m): 11:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Seek for family deliverance....
Family is everything....

1 Like

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by LilMissFavvy(f): 1:05am On Jul 20, 2019
The hatred seemed to have had it's root quite early. If you are the first or second child, yet you watch your siblings scattered, then you have not tried. Your mum painted you black before your siblings. Out of fear, your siblings are overreacting. Now that they blocked you on their WhatsApp, and you deleted their numbers how can it work? You should not have deleted their numbers, rather still maintain communication via calls or messages. It might be a spiritual issue, you can stand on the gap for family deliverance as people suggested above. Besides, aren't you supposed to find out if these sibblings are ''clean''? I believe you know what I mean by clean. It is good to know, cuz if they aren't clean, it's needless getting very close them. with prayers God can show you the hidden.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Pavore9: 4:10am On Jul 20, 2019
Your family of origin is now your extended family, focus on your own family as your husband and kid(s) should be your priority. You don't force yourself on people who do not want to be friendly.

7 Likes

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by prestigiouslady: 7:06am On Jul 20, 2019
As harsh as this might sound, focus on your primary family now( husband/ children)...
You cant keep offering the olive branch to people who detest peace and Harmony.
Save for rainy days...
Still make sure you give your mom something tangible by month end, for others, I think they'll feel 'entitled' to their sister's money.

Keep praying please and IN MY OWN OPINION, as much as I preach transparency between spouse, you don't have to give your husband every detail of the 'fued' going on your family.... Yoruba says "Eni ba ta Ara ile lopo, o le ma rira lowon"....When you undersell someone, you might not be able to buy them back with higher amount

2 Likes

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by yeyeosoronga: 7:48am On Jul 20, 2019
Not all blood is thicker than water. There are friends who stick better than brothers/sisters
There is no relationship to build again after 13 years. If you've not seen someone even for 1 year and you see them again, dont put your trust in them.
Not all families live happily ever after, as that is just the reality of life.
Face your husband and children, send money and foodstuff to your mum from a distance.
Live your life and build it with those that support and encourage you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by sisisioge: 7:56am On Jul 20, 2019
Hian! You too face forward. Leave the extended families alone. Focus on grooming your kids to love each other to death. Whew! Too much people in a family sef na wahala.

6 Likes

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by nuelyoyo(m): 8:28am On Jul 20, 2019
sisisioge:
Hian! You too face forward. Leave the extended families alone. Focus on grooming your kids to love each other too death. Whew! Too much people in a family sef na wahala.
I just tire for the lady oh! I read her story yesterday, and you just spoke my mind. Is it not people that want to relate with you that you relate with? What she needs to do is to be very prayerful and face her family. If people hate you, and you are are sure you don't have a bad attitude and haven't wronged them, it's only God that can turn thier hearts. Nothing you do to please them that would soften thier hearts.

3 Likes

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Iogobenz(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2019
Face your front,face your front....na when problem never come.
Go to your family and fix things with them however you can.
N.a. dem get your back anytime any day.
Also make some people in your family to be financially stable too.that is where the grief is coming from.
All I hear Is I bought provisions,I bought food etc..
That one no be help at all and you should know it.
N.a. provisions dem go use be person?
You know what to do
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Graduateacher(f): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2019
Run as far away from them as you can
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by UjuJoan2: 2:22pm On Jul 20, 2019
A woman makes or Mars her home. With a mother like yours, its not surprised that your family is dysfunctional.

The good thing is that you can change this with your own family. Now you are married, your family is your husband and kids, not your siblings.

Pray for love in your home. Peace is priceless!

1 Like

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by khaffi2(f): 5:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
I agree it might be spiritual but some mother's are just plain evil. ( I still wonder why any sane woman will create enmity between her children). I have someone facing something similar if not even worse than this. He has always been exempted right from childhood, never shown love by his parent (though separated) not to talk of siblings (6 of them from 3 diff fathers) and other family members.

He loved them all dearly especially his mom and always do things to favour them but they never cared and mostly look down on him. God knows why. The mum is always working to make the other 5siblings move forward but never him. All that made him presumed maybe he was adopted and always ask if he even resembles any of his parent. But truth be told, he's truly from those 2 heartless human beings.

Recently, something terrible happened to him, he was kidnapped, mehn, you need to see the way the family was talking irrelevant things instead of looking for ways to make him come out of there alive. So annoying bunch of people.

Luckily for him, God intervened and he managed to escape alive, he called his parent when he got back to atleast inform them of his return, you guys can't imagine the response he got. Since then he has made it a point to stay clear off them before he dies early.
It's been 3 months now God rescued him and no form of communication from him to them and vice versa.

What do we say of such?

2 Likes

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by zed7: 11:12am On Jul 21, 2019
It's a wicked world, however we don't chose our families, they were bestowed on us. That means that if we are not loved by them, please by all means try and move on. Family is supposed to be everything but you can't force anyone to love you.

1 Like

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Richy4(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2019
Please forgive me in advance just in case If this might offend you... I don't really buy the story that u guys were 8 siblings not even one was on your side... It could be your competitive tendencies where there is none...

Now the question is, What's your behaviour like when you were with your siblings?.. does it always centered on riches and wealth all the time? That you can't have a siblings gossip time without your sentence turning into how successful u and your family were?.. Eg, oh!! My husband will be buying me a jeep this summer.I told him I'm that i'm tired of the 2018 range rovers he bought last year... My daughter is turning 7 she is insisting on my husband buying her Apple 10 phone .. Oh!! Sister, Are u still washing your clothes manually when will you tell that husband of yours to buy u a washing machine for u I can't remember the last time I washed clothes with my hands cheesy .. Some times you might think that you were chatting but it's pretty exhausting listening to that.. even when it was not intentional...

Maybe your siblings were trying to avoid you just to prevent much headache that being in close proximity with you might cause..It is true that you might be generous and kind hearted but examine your behaviour and words that might kinda hurt others without you knowing it... Try and remove the idea that they were jealous of you.. it might not be the case.. expecially when they were not asking you for anything..

Also Maybe you should consider leaving things the way they are for now, because it doesn't make sense to keep choosing your words and acting to be accepted when you were in the mist of your siblings... they should take u the way u are..if that was the case.. The only thing that I believe and agreed to was your idea of working really hard.. It is really important.. don't do it for your siblings to show off do it for yourself and your kids
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2019
To be sincere, your parents did a bad job in raising you guys.

Your mum especially failed in raising her children in togetherness. And this is how it will continue from generation to generation because your children and their cousins will be strangers to themselves too.

Poster, just focus on raising your kids better than your mother did.

I just can't imagine siblings turning enemies, siblings quarrel, they fight, but, they should always make up and move on like nothing happened. "family first"should always be the motto in every house.
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by frozen70(f): 9:36pm On Jul 22, 2019
hearttolove:
It's being a big struggle and challenging to love each other as siblings. As it stands, we may never stand as one except God intervene, I really mean this, only God can bring us together. My parent created a poor background for us, particularly my self n my sister grow up to become defensive due to how we were maltreated.

My younger siblings and my mum want to continue in that old way, they never believed those of us who grew up from the village can make it.

Am from a family of 8, for over 3 years now, I have not related with my mum and my other siblings (long story - just better I cut off, I still don't see myself going back to them, I actually never wanted to but I discovered they get angry with me whenever I have a major breakthrough). whenever I achieved a new feat, I would never discuss it if I want peace.

Why did I ask if they are jealous? My sister said this and I was amazed '' you will not be the only one to have money, all of us will have money so that all the family members will love us too''. This statement is so deep to me, not only this but so many other statements pointing to the fact that they are jealous.

I'm not the selfish type, I remembered my first salary, I shared it among all my family members, especially the elderly ones and all my siblings. I told them to use it to pray for me. I did not stop there, I don't limit my giving to my siblings and parent, I grew up with my grandma so I'm close to my uncles and cousins, so I give to those of them who don't have, I think with this my gesture, it is natural to get them to love me more. I wasn't and am not doing that to make them love me, I can't be eating and someone in my family isn't eating or drop out of school due to lack of school fees. God forbid it.

My family and extended family don't joke with me and all of my siblings know this. Now, ask if my siblings aren't doing well, they do (not as much as me), they don't give, one of them prefers to be seen as poor self, she was earning little and when she got a better job, she never announced it, she wanted everyone to see her the same as she was.

My hubby doesn't take people seriously, he relates with you in your estate, he never took it personal when I told him, he just pitied her and said she may never move up because she has limited.

Now, their attitude has made me keep working harder n harder and praying to God for protection.

I'm never free with my siblings before we parted ways, I can't make a joke so the won't read a different meaning to it. Right now, I do not have their numbers because I discovered they blocked me on Whatsapp, unfriend me on all social media platforms so I just deleted their numbers.

At times I wonder how this hatred for ourselves degenerated to this, for over 13 years we've not lived together, so how come we never still agree from distance? We left our homes 13 years ago and things only got worst in our relationship. I was told one is out of reach for over 2 years now.

How far can siblings go with much hatred for themselves? I can go on and go, I will only bore you all. So tiring.

Relax, what did I say ❓
I said relax

In every family, God chooses whom he will bless on behalf of the family

It could be a girl or a boy

God has blessed you, there is nothing any man can do to stop you

Even if you sell fried akara, you will sell a bag for 3days

You have been destined for success and anything others do you will succeed more

Whatever money you have will be multipling, that means you will solve financial problems and still have reserves

Your siblings are doing what they are expected to do, their reason's are, why you instead of another person in the family

It's call envy and fighting them will make you get pained

Best way to handle it is, just keep quiet and be looking at them

They will gather against you but will be failing in their plans

Thank God that you are married, focus on your marriage and start planning for your home

Buy lands with the consent of your husband and start developing the land for your future residence

They have not seen the best in your progess, more are still coming

If they come to you for help, don't give them cash, ask for their account details and send the money to them if it's convenient for you

As for your mum, make sure you send money to her for her monthly upkeep, it's a must you have to do that but don't give her cash

If she doesn't have an account open one for her

But you must do one thing and that thing is keep your mouth close and seeled

Let the result of your success speak for you

If you don't take time, hubby will start suspecting your success, so don't tell him all what your family says, unless he is the type that can take bullet for you

Try hard and establish hubby incase he is not standing well

You must not be stingy because if you spend and assist people, there will be vacancies in your purse and the money will come and fill it

But if you are stingy, your money will not go out and the one coming will not see space to enter

Don't call them for peace talk, it won't work

But if they call you for peace talk tell them that you don't have any issues with anyone

All they want is your downfall and when they don't get it, their secrets will be open

As for your mum, you are owing her, her up keep and don't be too far or too close to her

She is just biased and she has compromised with your siblings, breaking away from them will be difficult unless she is ready to confess and ask for your forgiveness

Silent is the best form of attitude in your own case

Good luck and keep souring

1 Like

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2019
frozen70:

Relax, what did I say ❓
I said relax

In every family, God chooses whom he will bless on behalf of the family

It could be a girl or a boy

God has blessed you, there is nothing any man can do to stop you

Even if you sell fried akara, you will sell a bag for 3days

You have been destined for success and anything others do you will succeed more

Whatever money you have will be multipling, that means you will solve financial problems and still have reserves

Your siblings are doing what they are expected to do, their reason's are, why you instead of another person in the family

It's call envy and fighting them will make you get pained

Best way to handle it is, just keep quiet and be looking at them

They will gather against you but will be failing in their plans

Thank God that you are married, focus on your marriage and start planning for your home

Buy lands with the consent of your husband and start developing the land for your future residence

They have not seen the best in your progess, more are still coming

If they come to you for help, don't give them cash, ask for their account details and send the money to them if it's convenient for you

As for your mum, make sure you send money to her for her monthly upkeep, it's a must you have to do that but don't give her cash

If she doesn't have an account open one for her

But you must do one thing and that thing is keep your mouth close and seeled

Let the result of your success speak for you

If you don't take time, hubby will start suspecting your success, so don't tell him all what your family says, unless he is the type that can take bullet for you

Try hard and establish hubby incase he is not standing well

You must not be stingy because if you spend and assist people, there will be vacancies in your purse and the money will come and fill it

But if you are stingy, your money will not go out and the one coming will not see space to enter

Don't call them for peace talk, it won't work

But if they call you for peace talk tell them that you don't have any issues with anyone

All they want is your downfall and when they don't get it, their secrets will be open

As for your mum, you are owing her, her up keep and don't be too far or too close to her

She is just biased and she has compromised with your siblings, breaking away from them will be difficult unless she is ready to confess and ask for your forgiveness

Silent is the best form of attitude in your own case

Good luck and keep souring
Nigerians, i hail una!!!!!! Which one is God chooses whom he will bless on behalf of the family?. My first time hearing this in my entire life

1 Like

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by frozen70(f): 10:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
Zielle:
Nigerians, i hail una!!!!!! Which one is God chooses whom he will bless on behalf of the family?. My first time hearing this in my entire life

Ohh really ❓

Watch out in families you know
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by RealSolution001: 5:57am On Jul 23, 2019
Some families sha.

You are poor and wretched, they make daily mockery of your situation.

God blesses you with good earnings, it becomes a source of hatred. Which way?

OP, may you find peace, love and unity among your siblings. I know you love them and obviously missing them, may God restore all you've lost in your life/family.
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by UjuJoan2: 7:04am On Jul 23, 2019
frozen70:

Ohh really ❓

That's a very baseless generalization.
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by frozen70(f): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2019
UjuJoan2:

That's a very baseless generalization.

Then forget about it
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2019
frozen70:

Ohh really ❓

Idk which God you serve but the God I serve doesn't operate that way.
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Hopeyemipat(f): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2019
I really felt what you're going through my dear, Yes we have mother s that doesn't love their children and even create hatred among her children, expecially if he/ she is little better than others.
Best thing to for u is to love ur husband and make ur home perfect, forget about them and keep praying for God's protection over ur marriage
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 24, 2019
Zielle:
grin grin
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 24, 2019
calgaryFriend:

grin grin
grin

Hi friend. smiley
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Temmysexy1(f): 9:59am On Jul 24, 2019
from her post,what I can see is,she is the type of person that fluent her wealth and thinking by feeding them she is doing them good,pls change your mindset,thanks

2 Likes

Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 24, 2019
Zielle:
grin

Hi friend. smiley

mmmnnnnnn You know what you did.... cool
Re: Are My Siblings Jealous? by ZacharyMarx: 1:15pm On Jul 24, 2019
Who knows.

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Arrival Of Our Beautiful 3D Wallpaper @2800 per roll / Can You Be A Full Housewife? / Women Pray For Their Spouse But The Men Send Theirs Packing When Caught Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.