Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote (29660 Views)

Education Is Not For The Poor - Peter Obi On School Fees Hike in 2006 - TheCable / Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom / Present Pdp Spokesperson Indicted Atiku In 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:45am On May 23, 2023
sonature1:
I remember when Yar'Adua made that decision in the interest of the country. Even at death, we still celebrate him.

When Jonathan came on board, he became a weakling who allowed Nigerian politicians turned technocrats show the real evil in them.

How did refusing to sell the refinery help Nigeria? It ended up making us lose more billions to their perennial turn around refinery maintenance. I really pity us in this country. If not for foolishness and corruption tell my why public corporations can’t function profitably
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by LZAA: 4:53am On May 23, 2023
The same people lauding this will soon come back here to complain
A private refinery being lauded as development 😄😄😄
You really couldn't make this up
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by LZAA: 4:55am On May 23, 2023
HacheNoire:

Where is the monopoly, kindly point out where the monopoly plays

Did he handcuff and jail potential competitors? Or what sole license does he have that others don’t have?

Y’all just be screaming monopoly upandan!
I would have responded but your Apcheatisis is way too advanced for you to understand 😄
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Makinaki: 5:03am On May 23, 2023
LZAA:

Yes Oga, private refinery is development. Governments, the world over, shouldn't run businesses but create enabling environments & policies for entrepreneurs to run businesses profitably.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Invitationn: 5:26am On May 23, 2023
God1000:
Thanks to Aliko Dangote for building this gigantic refinery in Lagos.

It's really a shame that the largest oil producing country in Africa doesn't have a single functional refinery
Gone are those days hopefully.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by gabbytabby: 5:41am On May 23, 2023
It’s unfortunate as anything Government has too many vested interest inefficiency and ultimately they will run it down.

The successful big businesses are owned by foreigners or by foreigners in senior management no be juju be that.

Instead of this kind of honest introspection na unnecessary chest beating over criminality the slave man they boast of.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. It is possible to still be useless with a lot of money if you don’t produce anything. We need to keep asking what our life purpose is.

See Nepa privatisation run by Nigerians no improvement whatsoever came out of it. Everybody stealing right left and centre. It is well oh.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by gabbytabby: 5:45am On May 23, 2023
LZAA:

It is development as it is in the right hands.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Cantonese: 5:49am On May 23, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
And Peter was a governor then yet couldn't treat this but feel he is the message now.

Obi wearing only one black clothe to deceive his brainwashed obedients.

Peter obi is finished politically. I love the way he was ignore today like a bird without feather.

Shameless man

Truly your very poor English shows that you are a confirmed zombie!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by gabbytabby: 5:49am On May 23, 2023
When they look at things from a position of envy and jealousy they never reason well and end up being stagnant.

HacheNoire:

Where is the monopoly, kindly point out where the monopoly plays

Did he handcuff and jail potential competitors? Or what sole license does he have that others don’t have?

Y’all just be screaming monopoly upandan!

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by gabbytabby: 5:53am On May 23, 2023
Tell them
onegig:
Yara'dua and the incompetent man from Bayelsa.

These were the legacies OBJ left us with. He should take the blame. No one knew Yaradua or what his though processes were. But nah, bulldozed his way into nominating such people without ideology into governance and handed 180million Nigerians to them. Imagine if the refinery were left as far back as 2006? Imagine where we would have been by now? But nah reversed all the gains of the earlier years of democracy. Same thing that the useless government in 2007 did for NIPP by cutting short the investments in the transmission arm of Power. Started the useless $16Billion power probe that led to nowhere when they 100% knew those were investment in such critical infrastructure and just needed continuous investment to yield the final results. Gutted the NEEDS document and started the useless 7-point agenda that had no head or tail.

When we say that purposeful leadership goes beyond "He is nice", "has one house", "carries his bag" , "runs one Union bank account" a lot of kids on these sections shout themselves hoarse. You need people with a foresight and ruthless understanding of biz to actually launch a country to prosperity. Government can not achieve lifting large swats of it's population out of poverty directly but they can do it by enabling the environment for businesses to thrive and facilitate policies that boost productivity.

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by HacheNoire: 5:55am On May 23, 2023
LZAA:

I would have responded but your Apcheatisis is way too advanced for you to understand 😄

After you have been boxed to a corner!

Tell me another story!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by HacheNoire: 5:55am On May 23, 2023
gabbytabby:
When they look at things from a position of envy and jealousy they never reason well and end up being stagnant.

You said it all!

Jealousy and envy runs through their veins!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by DanAugust2021: 5:58am On May 23, 2023
ednut1:
Yet people say Yar adua was a good president 🤡🤡
Yes he was. During his short regime, the refineries were working.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by alobright17(m): 6:00am On May 23, 2023
Jlow2:
Brace for a liter at 600naira, you have nothing to benefit, even when all raw material for cement is found locally Nigerian pay more than other African countries for cement thanks to dangotes monopoly , I am an independent thinker, b4 you blast me, what re his antecedents in the cement industry, we know them.
you’re a lair for saying Nigeria pay more than other African countries for cement, why some of you never say things without lying about it ?

1 Like

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by LZAA: 6:03am On May 23, 2023
gabbytabby:

It is development as it is in the right hands.
Right hands grin grin
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by LZAA: 6:04am On May 23, 2023
Makinaki:

Yes Oga, private refinery is development. Governments, the world over, shouldn't run businesses but create enabling environments & policies for entrepreneurs to run businesses profitably.
Ok o😄
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by hollywater: 6:05am On May 23, 2023
God1000:
Thanks to Aliko Dangote for building this gigantic refinery in Lagos.

It's really a shame that the largest oil producing country in Africa doesn't have a single functional refinery
We also hope not to buy a litter of petrol b/w and 2027 1000 naira.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by LZAA: 6:05am On May 23, 2023
HacheNoire:

After you have been boxed to a corner!

Tell me another story!
Smh🤣
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by mu2sa2: 6:07am On May 23, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
I still remember that time. It eventually turned out well for him as he now had to build his own from the scratch.
It was the Nigeria Labour Congress that led the chorus in crying foul and denouncing the sale of "our national patrimony." Yar'Adua joined them in the macabre dance. Kaduna refinery is still there- moribund- to this day.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by forexprophet(m): 6:10am On May 23, 2023
Your unnecessary hatred for him will not change the fact that he is a million times better than your father!

Confirmedzombie:
And Peter was a governor then yet couldn't treat this but feel he is the message now.

Peter obi is finished politically. I love the way he was ignore today like a bird without feather.

Shameless man
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by mycar: 6:12am On May 23, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

Shameless man
I would have insulted you but no, you need advice and my 2 cent for you is to have a rethink, life is too short, your hatred for Obi is simply because he is an Igbo man and that means you feel disturbed each time you hear or see any Igbo man making progress in life. So, being that you encounter this everyday, I can imagine how ugly your life has been. You can begin to reverse this by knowing that you are nothing but a mere mortal and nobody.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Basic123: 6:19am On May 23, 2023
Kukutenla:
Na Yaradua work be dat
The speed with which he reversed so many of Obj's last minute decisions shocked even the devil.
Nigeria was the worst for some of those reversals especially in power and oil industry
In a PDP to PDP government ooo.A godfather to godson.

Yet some people think Tinubu that had no godfather or had the support of buhari will truly start where Buhari stops.You will see alot of reversal of some policies of buhari.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Basic123: 6:21am On May 23, 2023
HacheNoire:

What monopoly business! Y’all keep shouting monopoly like Dangote handcuffed other competitors. Rise to the stage of you can compete and stop screaming “MONOPOLY”

Even several companies were issues license to build refineries, only Dangote did, and you still will accuse him of monopoly.

The very few still investing massively in the country, while others are stashing cash in safe havens.

THAT IS IGBO FOR YOU,once its not them,other cheated to have it!

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by mu2sa2: 6:22am On May 23, 2023
Jlow2:
Brace for a liter at 600naira, you have nothing to benefit, even when all raw material for cement is found locally Nigerian pay more than other African countries for cement thanks to dangotes monopoly , I am an independent thinker, b4 you blast me, what re his antecedents in the cement industry, we know them.
Hahahaha, Independent thinker!Do you want Dangote refinery to sell products below the production cost? You guys can go and build yours and sell below production cost. What's the cost of producing a bag of cement in Nigeria compared to those other countries? Dangote is not the only local cement producer - you can patronize other brands Dangote isn't stopping you.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by HacheNoire: 6:24am On May 23, 2023
Basic123:

Sincerely! Hate, jealousy and envy runs through their veins.

With the whole self acclaimed Billionaires in their region, none can even think of building such, and here they are attacking someone that did it because he is not from their tribe.

2 Likes

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by slowice(m): 6:26am On May 23, 2023
I like this man sha.... He goes for what he wants and he's friends with everyone. He doesn't do politics or party he is for everyone and for no one. A real capitalist.

Enjoys lots of government patronage and ve used it to do big things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Ayanko(m): 6:36am On May 23, 2023
Some handle mops were already taking the opportunity to insult the living daylight out of Buhari but quickly recalled that their recently adopted god was in charge then.

They sharperly make a U turn and start murmuring some funny inaudible sounds.

The police was not reversed by Jonathan administration but it was on of the first decision made by Yaradua.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Blaze232(m): 6:38am On May 23, 2023
georgeakins:

Go and build your own and stop envying these successful people because they are not from your tribe

For me ,God has blessed every tribe . So please stop replying people who want war. All tribes has investment that has made everyone irrespective of tribe comfortable and happy..

So sheathe your sword Bro. One love ! One naija!!!
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Reference(m): 6:41am On May 23, 2023
So funny reading the responses here.
We were witnesses in the early days of the Yaradua regime when the privatization of the refineries was cancelled after pressure by 'concerned' individuals, labour unions and government fat-cats and used as a political football to dribble naive citizens ever since.

The unions resisted, half the population insisted it be so. That selling to Dangote was privatising our collective patrimony. What has suddenly happened today...... suffering has formatted the thinking of most, elevated their thought process out of the kind of sentiment still holding sway in many other ways.

And that is why i am personally comfortable and assured that the present sufferings and those likely to exacerbate in the coming months and years will purge our fellow citizens more of ethno-religious biases and let this country flow freely.

Yesterday it was, 'no we don't want refineries privatised. He will sell them to his friends', today they are hailing private refining.
Tomorrow I want these same 'hailers' to explain how government owned refineries will compete in the same space with this one.

So before you party remember billions have been allegedly spent to refurbish NNPC's..... I am eagerly watching out for the last act in this drama like other audiences in a country with deep citizen contradictions. A people that simply do not know what they want. Just wavering with the wind.
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Blaze232(m): 6:42am On May 23, 2023
Basic123:

Remove this hate speech. I believe Dangote has employed hundreds of employees including hausa,Igbo, Yoruba,Calabar and the likes)

Otedola / obasanjo and Rich Yoruba business mogul has also employed different tribes

Innoson/ chukwuma / Ned nwoko/ cubana has also done same thing.. please drop the hate
Re: How Policy Reversal Prevented Me From Acquiring Refinery In 2006 — Dangote by Adakintroy: 6:45am On May 23, 2023
Oga leave talk.

You have Consummated the union. North west.

No other tribe would have pull this off.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Is The Major Problem Of Nigeria – fayose / Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Andrew Emwanta drags Justice Lewis Allagoa to The NJC / Greatest Nigerian War General Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.