Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,966 members, 7,828,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Ten-time NBA All-star Carmelo Anthony Confirms Retirement - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ten-time NBA All-star Carmelo Anthony Confirms Retirement (112 Views)

Lebron James Becomes Nba's All-time Leading Scorer With 38,888 Points / Ronaldo-Messi Match Today As PSG Takes On Saudi All-Star Team / Andy Murray Confirms Retirement Plans In Tears (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten-time NBA All-star Carmelo Anthony Confirms Retirement by Maffyjay: 11:09pm On May 22, 2023
NBA great, Carmelo Anthony confirmed his retirement from basketball on Monday, formally bringing the curtain down on his two-decade professional career.

Anthony, 38, whose final NBA game was for the Los Angeles Lakers in April 2022 revealed his retirement decision in a video montage of his career that was posted to his Instagram page.

He wrote;

“I remember the days when I had nothing, just a ball on the court and a dream with something more,” Anthony said in the video.

“But basketball was my outlet. My purpose was strong. My communities, the cities I represented with pride and the fans that supported me along the way.

“I am forever grateful for those people and places because they made me, Carmelo Anthony.

“But now the time has come for me to say goodbye: to the court where I made my name, to the game that gave me purpose and pride.”

Anthony, chosen with the third overall pick in the 2003 draft, departs the sport as one of the most prolific scorers in basketball history.

Over the course of 20 seasons in the NBA, he amassed 28,289 points at an average of 22.5 points per game, with 7,808 rebounds and 3,422 assists.

His career began with the Denver Nuggets, then in 2010 he transferred to the New York Knicks, where he played for seven years before having spells with the Houston Rockets, Portland Trail Blazers, and Los Angeles Lakers.

As a part of the US Olympic team, he won three consecutive gold medals in 2008, 2012, and 2016 in addition to a bronze at the Athens Games in 2004.
Re: Ten-time NBA All-star Carmelo Anthony Confirms Retirement by Jashub: 11:25pm On May 22, 2023
No ring Chai...and he was hotter than Lebron when in Syracuse embarassed
Re: Ten-time NBA All-star Carmelo Anthony Confirms Retirement by rickpat(m): 11:46pm On May 22, 2023
great guy...I love camelo, harden,curry, Durant....and my over all love goes to KOBE BRYANT (REST ON BROTHER)...

Yeah LeBron is missing... I'm not a fan
Re: Ten-time NBA All-star Carmelo Anthony Confirms Retirement by StonedSaint: 10:01am On May 23, 2023
Carmelo is a hoop wizard for sure, to play 19 years in the NBA isn't to be scoffed at. Some basketball enthusiasts feel he was a bit unlucky in his choice of teams, in hindsight maybe he would have made different choices as to which team to sign up for
Man nearly turned me to a Knicks fan during his spell in NewYork... Special shout out to the queen mother of WAGS , the one n only Lala Anthony lol

(1) (Reply)

Pouille Victim Of 600,000€ robbery After Roland Garros Glory - Check Out � / Spain Vs Italy / Sola Fanawopo’s Vision For Osun State Football: 7 Key Priorities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.