Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,432 members, 7,815,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED (667 Views)

Elvira Nabiullina Wants To Resign Over Ukraine, Putin Says No / Whites Kneel Before Blacks To Beg For Forgiveness For Years Of Racism In Houston / Macdonald In China Apologizes For Saying Blacks Not Allowed In Their Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by Horus(m): 3:49am On May 23, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEAjThf5EFU

Foreign Company in Ghana Put Up a Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED

Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by thesicilian: 5:33am On May 23, 2023
Their key requirements doesn't show that the job cannot be performed by an African person. So I wonder why they want a foreigner. The only reason I can think of is maybe they want a liason officer or a representative to those countries mentioned. Until there's more info it might not be fair to scream racism just yet.
Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by DaChosenOne: 5:36am On May 23, 2023
Embarrassing. India and Lebanon are both poor third world countries. I have no idea why they have "privilege" in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by WhereMyLoud: 5:40am On May 23, 2023
Is nigeria and Ghana not third world countries also..
Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by DaChosenOne: 6:14am On May 23, 2023
WhereMyLoud:
Is nigeria and Ghana not third world countries also..

Lebanon is literally a failed state. India is a mess of poverty and horrible living conditions too. I would say that Nigeria and Ghana are better places to live too. My point is these countries are not like developed Western, Asian and certain Arab nations, they are worse off than we are. Yet they somehow have privilege. I think some Africans just worship non-Black people. I remember reading about a Ghanaian lady going to work in IRAQ as a maid!

3 Likes

Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by WhereMyLoud: 6:28am On May 23, 2023
DaChosenOne:

Lebanon is literally a failed state. India is a mess of poverty and horrible living conditions too. I would say that Nigeria and Ghana are better places to live too. My point is these countries are not like developed Western, Asian and certain Arab nations, they are worse off than we are. Yet they somehow have privilege. I think some Africans just worship non-Black people. I remember reading afpabout a Ghanaian lady going to work in IRAQ as a maid!
You may have a point there no doubt about the sorry state of people living in poverty india. But then again there is a reason the job description requesting for those specific set of people. Moreover the OP derails one with the topic saying "NO BLQCK ALLOWED" but i didnt see that in the Ad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by oz4real83(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2023
As long as the advert doesn't include Nigerians, Ghanaians will pretend that they didn't see such an insulting advert embarassed
Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by oz4real83(m): 7:40am On May 23, 2023
thesicilian:
Their key requirements doesn't show that the job cannot be performed by an African person. So I wonder why they want a foreigner. The only reason I can think of is maybe they want a liason officer or a representative to those countries mentioned. Until there's more info it might not be fair to scream racism just yet.
why can't they place the advert in Europe, Indian, Lebanon or any other countries where they want the Nationals from? Any job advert that excludes the citizens of the country where the job is to be done is pure racism. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by pansophist(m): 11:29am On May 23, 2023
Fun fact.

Many job ads targets non Africans. They'll put the ad, then select the Indians/Lebanese that applied. That way, you can't accuse them of discrimination.

The poster of this ad is just dumb to give enforcement agencies the bullet of which he would be shot with. This is not to support this, but to show that employment discrimination happens more often.

5 Likes

Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by Horus(m): 12:35pm On May 23, 2023
thesicilian:

Their key requirements is that the applicant should be from European, Indian, or Lebanese . And yet you refuse to see that a
Ghanean can be qualified to be a liason officer or a representative. Don't give them an excuse for their obvious racism
Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by Horus(m): 12:42pm On May 23, 2023
WhereMyLoud:
You may have a point there no doubt about the sorry state of people living in poverty india. But then again there is a reason the job description requesting for those specific set of people. Moreover the OP derails one with the topic saying "NO BLQCK ALLOWED" but i didnt see that in the Ad.

If you didn't see "NO BLACKS ALLOWED" in the Ad, then give me the proof that blacks are allowed when they clearly
said that the applicant should be from European, Indian, or Lebanese
Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by WhereMyLoud: 3:20pm On May 28, 2023
Horus:

If you didn't see "NO BLACKS ALLOWED" in the Ad, then give me the proof that blacks are allowed when they clearly
said that the applicant should be from European, Indian, or Lebanese
You can be european and be black. You can be indian and be black.. You can be Lebanese and be black oga.. Are there no Black Europeans?
Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by CodeTemplar: 4:28pm On May 28, 2023
Entitled bunch. When you have your own company in America or Europe, tell them no whites allowed for some job roles too.
Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by coke75: 5:05pm On May 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Entitled bunch. When you have your own company in America or Europe, tell them no whites allowed for some job roles too.
That would be illegal in the US or most european countries. Racial discrimination is forbidden in those countries.

Also, what does the US have to do with any of this, this is a kenyan company. Not european or american. smiley

https://www.facebook.com/micassokenya
Re: Foreign Company In Ghana Put Up A Job Ad That Says: NO BLACKS ALLOWED by caye(m): 3:54pm On May 29, 2023
thesicilian:

Remind me.of that lesson again:
The house and Field Negro

(1) (Reply)

‼️����F-16 Transfer Is Now Irrelevant For Ukraine, - Head Of The US General / Irish Spend Most At Hotel Minibars - Survey / At Last Zuma Corruption Charges Dropped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.