Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume (14198 Views)

Pat Utomi: If Igbo Want Me To Contest For Presidency, I Won’t Decline / 2023 Presidency: I Won’t Allow Anyone Deceive Me Again – Sam Ewang / Rep Withdraws From 2019 Race Because Nigerians See National Assembly Members As (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by nairalandkachy1: 12:35pm On May 23, 2023
The Senator representing Borno South Senatorial District at the National Assembly, Ali Ndume, has said that the leadership tussle in the Senate is all about money.

Ndume has maintained that he opted out of the race for two reasons; the fact that the President told him to consider withdrawing and secondly, the claim that he has no money to share around.

Appearing on Arise TV on Tuesday, the lawmaker, who contested for the Senate President in the ninth assembly and scored 28 votes, said he decided to throw his weight behind Godswill Akpabio this time around for reasons of stability, fairness and equity.

“It’s unfortunate that everybody has now known that the Senate Presidency and leadership tussle is now a money thing rather than capacity, capability and other qualifications that are supposed to matter most.

“Truly I’m the one leading the campaign for Akpabio for reasons I’ve stated before. It is based on the need to have stability, equity and justice and fairness in the country considering the heightened tension arising from issues especially the zoning, religion and whatever.

“When the President spoke to me about stepping down and considering that I don’t have the money to go into this battle because money is playing more roles than qualifications, I obliged and decided to work for Akpabio,”
he said.

The outspoken senator said the race was being overshadowed by the influence of money rather than merit, experience, and vision for the future of the legislative body.

“People are talking about figures. Nobody has approached me about money but definitely money is going around. Some are talking about 10, 20, 30, 40 and even more than that. Some are even boasting that they’re going to give every Senator up to $200,000. Honestly, that is very unfortunate,” Ndume said.

https://dailypost.ng/2023/05/23/10th-senate-presidency-tussle-all-about-money-ndume-gives-reasons-for-backing-akpabio/

https://thewhistler.ng/200000-per-senator-ndume-alleges-senate-president-aspirants-luring-colleagues-with-money/

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Xscape1993(m): 12:37pm On May 23, 2023
The best home truth of the century...APC and fraudulent activities are inseparable....

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by DatIgalaDude: 12:38pm On May 23, 2023
Louder, Please!

34 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by richie240: 12:39pm On May 23, 2023
In other words, if u had money u would have contested, abi?
Nobody can use our heads o.

Dey dia dey play.
cool

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Cooldowntemper: 12:39pm On May 23, 2023
Politicians and saint claiming

208 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by thaoriginator: 2:39pm On May 23, 2023
grin

Idiot! Go and collect loan from CBN, World Bank or China.. You'll be able to pay back after 3 months of being the Senate cry

9 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by drizslim(m): 2:40pm On May 23, 2023
But ur feeling of entitlement tells u to vie for it since all northerners are born to rule.. Tueh
Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Onyi90(m): 2:40pm On May 23, 2023
Interesting politicking revelation

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Cassandraloius: 2:40pm On May 23, 2023
Abeg make we hear word.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Allee90: 2:40pm On May 23, 2023
But you are there canvassing votes with someone who is sharing money. Haba my Sineto 🤣🤣🤣

6 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by ecolime(m): 2:40pm On May 23, 2023
All APC Politicians are saints. Jokers.. lol cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by BluntCrazeMan: 2:40pm On May 23, 2023
He Came to Arise-Tv this morning and changed mouth,,, and started talking about Justice and Peace, and Equity and Fairness..

3 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Klington: 2:40pm On May 23, 2023
After they secure the position with looted money, you expect them to do anything that help the economy.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by 1Dray(m): 2:40pm On May 23, 2023
Says someone that narrowly got reelected. Someone the block sign post around his junction in Gwoza, that read "NDUME IS OUR LEADER" was destroyed by angry youths. Even the shops in Gwoza that had his campaign posters on were either set ablaze or destroyed. All this happen in his village in Gwoza.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Risingblue008(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2023
Had it been they declared labour party winner of past election,I believe we for no dey hear all these rubbish,.

This is to let u knw dt ,our politicians are using us to do business,
U pple should stop pretending dt Nigeria is fine,
Nothing APC have to offer,
Nothing even pdp have to offer
That's just the truth,

Then we try new party,na so Dem rob us day light,
If the rain wan fall,e go fall for all of us head.
Since we never still get sense,
U go suffer
I go suffer
We go suffer,
Una go cry tire,
I just dey observe

11 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Adeniranloye(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2023
ALI NDUME DEY PLAY...

VP comes from your geo-political zone (SAME STATE) with you and you are saying you want to contest for senate president.

No wahala , bring the little money you having for the SENIOR THIEF to flex.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Judolisco(m): 2:41pm On May 23, 2023
Lori iro...if u want to know how rich senators are go and read d judge statement on ekweremadu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by owiko(m): 2:42pm On May 23, 2023
Okpari! So the system you all jointly collapsed is now working against you?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Generalwoodz(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2023
cool
Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Danisaint112(m): 2:43pm On May 23, 2023
A very bold statement there made by that politician.

He is indirectly saying that a Tinubu presidency will be the end of democracy in Nigeria,

The rise of even more worse bribery scandal,

And the rise of massive looting and heavy taxation which funds would be siphoned by corrupt elements who would be on a heist to recover their money and out run others in the looting competition.

But as usual watch how supporters of criminality and everything evil will come for his head.

I have said this before and I will reiterate;

Only a criminal aide, criminal admirer, or aspiring criminals will support criminality meted out to others by criminals. ~Danisaint

You are free to quote me anywhere.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by yemmight(m): 2:44pm On May 23, 2023
The thing still dey pain this Boko Haram leader.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by xristos(m): 2:45pm On May 23, 2023
kissthat's the obidient spirit

land for sale - ushafa abuja - RofO -1000sqm..legit..fcda verifiable 7m slightly negotiable
Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by thatigboman: 2:45pm On May 23, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
He Came to Arise-Tv this morning and changed mouth,,, and started talking about Justice and Peace, and Equity and Fairness..
dont mind the boko haram sponsor
Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by lolu2019: 2:45pm On May 23, 2023
Him tu lie.
Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by Sunshine34(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2023
Even the rich do cry. You should be ashame NDUME, talking like a woman without brain
Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by ThatFairGuy: 2:46pm On May 23, 2023
This is the situation everywhere.

How won't they then pad budget if they're opportune Haven't spent such amount
Re: Senate Presidency: I Opted Out Of Race Because I Have No Money To Share - Ndume by fatherjesse(m): 2:47pm On May 23, 2023
Imagine, who is this one whining

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Data Shows Kaduna Has Gold More Than South Africa / NASS Leadership: Nigeria Won’t Balance If S/east Is Not Considered — Okorocha / Welcome to Iragbiji, the real hometown of Asiwaju Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.