Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation (39919 Views)

LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) / Akeredolu Launches New Mass Transit Buses In Ondo (photos) / Ondo Government Acquires 200 Buses For Mass Transit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by OChimex: 5:09pm On May 24, 2023
GeneralPula:

It’s time for you to stop stressing. Instead, calm down then watch how they go about it..

These buses are about to start operating..
Batteries would get low and they’ll be charged..
We’ll all see how they go about the charging..

That has been the problem with Nigeria. Nobody makes the right decision that will save cost, and at the long run be efficient and serve a wider purpose. Electric vehicles are more expensive to maintain, inconvenience and not cost effective. And Nigeria doesn't have experts to service and maintain these vehicles. Couples with no light in Nigeria.
Let me tell you, here in America, first, just less than one percent of cars on the roads are electric. Hybrid is the game. Uses both fuel and electric.
Electric vehicles need special maintenance places to fix them. Charging stations are scattered everywhere just like gas stations.
And anytime these vehicles run out of power it takes not less than 1 hour to charge. Imagine they carry passengers and it needs to be charged.
Honestly, is there no smart person anymore in Nigeria leadership circle who will for once make smart decisions?
Mind you, the reason they order these vehicles is to score cheap political point and steal and you ignorant masses and applauding them.
Now ask any of those leaders why them no have electric vehicle as their personal vehicle?
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by OChimex: 5:12pm On May 24, 2023
lexylaw40:
hey don't have worry about that, Lagos APC already have that under control

That has been the problem with Nigeria. Nobody makes the right decision that will save cost, and at the long run be efficient and serve a wider purpose. Electric vehicles are more expensive to maintain, inconvenience and not cost effective. And Nigeria doesn't have experts to service and maintain these vehicles. Couples with no light in Nigeria.
Let me tell you, here in America, first, just less than one percent of cars on the roads are electric. Hybrid is the game. Uses both fuel and electric.
Electric vehicles need special maintenance places to fix them. Charging stations are scattered everywhere just like gas stations.
And anytime these vehicles run out of power it takes not less than 1 hour to charge. Imagine they carry passengers and it needs to be charged.
Honestly, is there no smart person anymore in Nigeria leadership circle who will for once make smart decisions?
Mind you, the reason they order these vehicles is to score cheap political point and steal and you ignorant masses and applauding them.
Now ask any of those leaders why them no have electric vehicle as their personal vehicle?
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by Neddyogu(m): 5:25pm On May 24, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
cheesy cool Dem nor invite ochanja market union President to comma see how they do it, not given his pipu HERO 🍻 to drink to stupor

U sure say you fit make heaven laidis so?
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by coputa(m): 6:28pm On May 24, 2023
lexy2014:

so there is no systemic corruption in lagos
Why is Delta, Rivers,Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom not doing better as in new innovation, they are still talking about roads and gutters in these oil rich States.
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by lexy2014: 6:30pm On May 24, 2023
coputa:
Why is Delta, Rivers,Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom not doing better as in new innovation, they are still talking about roads and gutters in these oil rich States.

Is there no systemic corruption in lagos? Simple yes or no
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by BlackAdam65: 6:37pm On May 24, 2023
in a country that lacks maintenance culture those buses wont survive a year in that god forsaken state
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by eepeepook: 6:52pm On May 24, 2023
lexy2014:
right direction for what exactly?
Take am as you see am.
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by respect80(m): 7:55pm On May 24, 2023
lexylaw40:
sorry bro we not talking about lagos train here.....Electric buses BRT OK?
My mistake...
Tnx for the correction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by Segzy19: 8:08pm On May 24, 2023
Ok! Keep asking

lexy2014:

same question am asking you...why should what he chooses to be his headache now be your headache? how are you the one to choose for him what he should worry about?
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by lexy2014: 8:09pm On May 24, 2023
eepeepook:
Take am as you see am.
what am i taking as I see am?
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by lexy2014: 8:13pm On May 24, 2023
Segzy19:
Ok! Keep asking

what should I keep asking?
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by 7upnigeria: 8:52pm On May 24, 2023
visaclick:
I believe anambra will sit up to launch theirs very soon.

They launched unknown gunmen a long time ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by mywells: 9:29pm On May 24, 2023
Over to Ikorodu people.
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by eepeepook: 3:19am On May 25, 2023
lexy2014:
what am i taking as I see am?
Exactly.
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by lexy2014: 4:12am On May 25, 2023
eepeepook:
Exactly.

exactyl what?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by Bankowner: 7:36am On May 25, 2023
There will be charging stations at strategic locations to keep the buses running optimally and that can easily be arranged by the operator(s).

With Nigeria's abundant natural gas reserves, I would have preferred buses powered by natural gas. A lot of buses in the HSR (Hamilton Street Railway) fleet use renewable natural gas and they are heavy duty buses.
kettykings:
Again where will the power to charge these busses come from, 280km per full charge, is it with traffic or without traffic.

Will these fare better than gas powered and diesel powered buses in the long term

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by Bankowner: 7:47am On May 25, 2023
Bro! Nobody invests in a business that they know is not sustainable both in the short and long term. Nigeria has the potential for technology improvement and it's good it's happening in the transportation sector. Don't forget we're the most populous country in Africa and there is constant need for mobility.

While Lagos may be far behind developed countries, it is still commendable that they've gone this route. Let it be a challenge to other States and before you know it, Nigeria will stand shoulder to shoulder with western countries in terms of transportation technology. I give kudos to the LASG for this initiative, at least I can boast that my country also has buses that run on electricity.

My only concern is the corruption in the country. I want to believe the initiative is majorly private driven and LASG won't be pumping taxpayers' money into it as incentive/subsidy.
OChimex:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by 26carat(m): 11:06am On May 25, 2023
Electric vehicles don't burn energy while in traffic. So it will do the set milage. It's a better option than internal combustion engine as the road will be less polluted with CO2. We all will experience it soon and embrace the EV and H2 vehicles.
lexylaw40:
hey don't have worry about that, Lagos APC already have that under control
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by eepeepook: 11:08am On May 25, 2023
lexy2014:

exactyl what?
We’ll see.
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by OChimex: 12:50pm On May 25, 2023
Bankowner:
Bro! Nobody invests in a business that they know is not sustainable both in the short and long term. Nigeria has the potential for technology improvement and it's good it's happening in the transportation sector. Don't forget we're the most populous country in Africa and there is constant need for mobility.

While Lagos may be far behind developed countries, it is still commendable that they've gone this route. Let it be a challenge to other States and before you know it, Nigeria will stand shoulder to shoulder with western countries in terms of transportation technology. I give kudos to the LASG for this initiative, at least I can boast that my country also has buses that run on electricity.

My only concern is the corruption in the country. I want to believe the initiative is majorly private driven and LASG won't be pumping taxpayers' money into it as incentive/subsidy.

I understand your points.
Let’s watch and see how they will cope without having the required things in ground.
These are the reasons nothing works in Nigeria.
If you want start counting, you suppose begging from 1, 2,3,4…. Just because someone don they count 100, you want jump from you 2 come dey join the person count 100. E no dey work like that naa.
Those developed countries started counting from 1 until dey reach 100 where them dey now.
Let see how it goes with LASG
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by lexylaw40: 5:38pm On May 25, 2023
This kind of achievement is exactly what have made the APC very popular
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by lexy2014: 6:21pm On May 25, 2023
eepeepook:
We’ll see.

you mean this...why should what he chooses to be his headache now be your headache? how are you the one to choose for him what he should worry about?
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by 9jaRealist: 10:36am On May 26, 2023
lexylaw40:

Each of these Yutong electric buses has the ability to travel 280-kilometers at full charge

Travel distance far exceeds an average daily usage of 200-kilometers from existing diesel-powered BRTs.

The Lagos State Government through the Lagos Bus Service Limited (LBSL) has officially launched the revolutionary proof-of-concept phase of the Electric Vehicle (EV) mass transit buses for passenger operations in the State.

According to the Lagos State Government, each of these electric buses has the ability to travel 280km at full charge, which far exceeds an average daily usage of 200-kilometers from existing diesel-powered BRTs.

Photos : LASG Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operations - autojosh
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had on April 30th announced the arrival of the first set of Yutong electric buses for the state’s mass transit scheme as part of the State Government’s increased effort to modernise every sector of Lagos.

Taken to his Instagram page on Sunday to share pictures of the Electric buses, Sanwo-Olu also revealed that the State Government shall be running a pilot scheme over the next few months.

“I am excited to announce the first set of electric buses in the Lagos Mass transit master plan as part of our increased effort to modernise every sector of Lagos. Thanks to our partnership with @Oando_PLC, Lagosians can expect a cleaner and greener public transportation system.”

“With the ability to travel 280km at full charge, taking into account our unique travel times in Lagos, our electric buses are a game-changer. With an average daily usage of 200km by existing BRTs, there is no need to fear that the buses can stop on the road.”

EKO O NI BAJE…
Lagos leads, others (struggle to) follow.

>
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by 9jaRealist: 10:41am On May 26, 2023
OChimex:

grin grin grin

It’s a PRIVATE concession (OandO Clean Energy)….
So, abegi, don’t start wailing more than the bereaved! SMH

>
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by OChimex: 12:37pm On May 26, 2023
9jaRealist:

grin grin grin

It’s a PRIVATE concession (OandO Clean Energy)….
So, abegi, don’t start wailing more than the bereaved! SMH

>

You guys are funny. I have no business with Nigeria dude, I have left them long time ago. Check my profile okay.
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by eepeepook: 2:59pm On May 26, 2023
lexy2014:

you mean this...why should what he chooses to be his headache now be your headache? how are you the one to choose for him what he should worry about?
Just watch and you’ll see.
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by lexy2014: 3:29pm On May 26, 2023
eepeepook:
Just watch and you’ll see.

why should what he chooses to be his headache now be your headache? how are you the one to choose for him what he should worry about?
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by eepeepook: 8:32pm On May 26, 2023
lexy2014:

why should what he chooses to be his headache now be your headache? how are you the one to choose for him what he should worry about?
Watch first.
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by lexy2014: 8:38pm On May 26, 2023
eepeepook:
Watch first.

Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by 9jaRealist: 11:09pm On May 26, 2023
OChimex:

You guys are funny. I have no business with Nigeria dude, I have left them long time ago. Check my profile okay.

You’re “funnier” if you think that being a second-class economic refugee abroad is an achievement…
FYI, some of us were actually born and raised in the West before THANKFULLY returning to the Motherland.

Of course, if you really “have no business with Nigeria” you wouldn’t be here…
Nonetheless, just as others built their nations, SELF-RESPECTING Nigerians will build ours - or die trying!

>
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by OChimex: 11:16pm On May 26, 2023
9jaRealist:

You’re “funnier” if you think that being a second-class economic refugee abroad is an achievement…
FYI, some of us were actually born and raised in the West before THANKFULLY returning to the Motherland.

Of course, if you really “have no business with Nigeria” you wouldn’t be here…
Nonetheless, just as others built their nations, SELF-RESPECTING Nigerians will build ours - or die trying!

>

Dude nobody is a second class citizen in developed countries. In fact it’s a land of dreams. Where dreams are possible. Go check all the immigrants what they are doing in sports and so on. Making billions and banishing poverty for life.
The truth be say, na Nigerians be the real 4th class citizens for their country. Na politicians and their family and friends be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class citizens.
That’s why them dey treat you guys like animals. If you talk too much them arrest or kill you if you protest. While them and their families ball abroad.
Besides, no mentally okay person fit leave abroad relocate to Nigeria, if not for business or family visits. Or old age.
Re: Lagos Officially Launches Electric Mass Transit Buses For Passenger Operation by 9jaRealist: 11:29pm On May 26, 2023
OChimex:
Dude nobody is a second class citizen in developed countries. In fact it’s a land of dreams. Where dreams are possible. Go check all the immigrants what they are doing in sports and so on. Making billions and banishing poverty for life.
The truth be say, na Nigerians be the real 4th class citizens for their country. Na politicians and their family and friends be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd class citizens.
That’s why them dey treat you guys like animals. If you talk too much them arrest or kill you if you protest. While them and their families ball abroad.
Besides, no mentally okay person fit leave abroad relocate to Nigeria, if not for business or family visits. Or old age.

grin grin grin

Dude, for every 1 person who excels through sports….
They are literally SCORES OF THOUSANDS languishing in the ghettos.

Most foreigners in most developed nations are essentially second-class citizens…
Because even the (materially) “successful” ones would likely do better if they were natural-born citizens (or Caucasian cheesy).

Frankly, only LAZY folks do not grasp that a nation with myriad challenges by definition proffers myriad OPPORTUNITIES…
Billionaires like Maduka (Coscharis), Okoya (Eleganza), Dozie (Diamond Bank), Chukwuma (Innoson), etc., all started dirt poor.

Anyway, people who measure success by their salary merely epitomize a POVERTY MENTALITY! SMH
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) / Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks / Ambode Changes The Look Of The New Garage Motor Park At Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.