Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. (7868 Views)

IPOB To Buhari: Your Planned Visit To Ebonyi Will Be Resisted / Joy Nunieh: I Resisted Akpabio’s Oath Of Secrecy To Commit Fraud At NDDC / Eze Chukwuemeka To Tinubu: “Any Further Attacks On Amaechi Will Be Resisted” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by DaChosenOne: 6:55am On May 24, 2023
Disclaimer: This list is no particular order, just a list of African tribes who have shown great resistance to Islam/Arabicisation either historically &/or currently.

1. IGBOS of Nigeria.
2. DOGON of Mali.
3. MOSSI of Burkina Faso. (Strong historical resistance to Islam.)
4. BAMANA of Mali. (Notable historical resistance to Islam too.)
5. ASHANTI of Ghana.
6. TIV of Nigeria.
7. FON of Benin.
8. OVIMBUNDU, MBUNDU and BAKONGO etc. of Angola. Basically any Angolan tribe rejects Islam. They even banned Islam.
9. ESAN of Nigeria.
10. DINKA of South Sudan.
11. GBAYA and other tribes of Central Africa Republic. Anti-Balaka anyone? They fought back hard against Fulani muslim invaders.
12. MAASAI and interior tribes of Kenya.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Naajjii: 7:06am On May 24, 2023
What about African Tribes that resisted Christianity?

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by DaChosenOne: 7:09am On May 24, 2023
Naajjii:
What about African Tribes that resisted Christianity?

Dude/Lady, whatever you are, make your own thread and stop derailing.

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by gidgiddy: 7:09am On May 24, 2023
DaChosenOne:
1. IGBOS OF Nigeria,
2. DOGON of Mali.
3. MOSSI of Burkina Faso.
4. BAMANA of Mali.
5. ASHANTI of Ghana.

I have to agree. I have never heard of a Muslim Ashanti and they are by far the largest tribe in Ghana

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Naajjii: 7:11am On May 24, 2023
DaChosenOne:

What do you mean stop derailing? Christianity was also resisted by African tribes. Besides what is the purpose of your thread, Islamophobia right ?

38 Likes 14 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by frank14011991(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2023
Why is it that Biafra is always about hatred for islam

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Jones4190(m): 7:15am On May 24, 2023
DaChosenOne:

he ask a good question

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by dokyOloye: 7:18am On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:
Tell me what is there to like about Islam?
The violence or the poverty?

84 Likes 12 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by DaChosenOne: 7:19am On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:

I'm half Yoruba and half Igbo. I lean more towards the Yoruba side since my Mum is Yoruba.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by GeneralPula: 7:21am On May 24, 2023
Your number 7 is wrong..

Fon people have it both ways!

2 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by OfoIgbo: 7:23am On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:

Biafra is always about hatred for terrorism

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by DaChosenOne: 7:28am On May 24, 2023
GeneralPula:
Your number 7 is wrong..

Fon people have it both ways!

Read the title. Either historically and/or currently. The Fon people strongly resisted Islam historically in Africa and the New World, African American woman Mary Turner who was infamously lynched even took note of this.

Correction: She was AA and not Jamaican and not enslaved but under Jim Crow.

3 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by phorget(m): 7:29am On May 24, 2023
Any sensible tribe will definitely reject that religion.

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by GeneralPula: 7:31am On May 24, 2023
DaChosenOne:

Read the title. Either historically and/or currently. The Fon people strongly resisted Islam historically, the enslaved Jamaican woman Mary Turner who was infamously lynched took note of this.
Ook
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by mrvitalis(m): 7:33am On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:
Igbos have voted Fulanis, Hausas to lead them ....yet Igbos are the ones that hate ....I dare you name one Igbo man that has gotten 25% in any Hausa Fulani Dominated state I would wait

Even zik that fought to make sure you got independence even when u didn't want it

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by lordkush: 7:36am On May 24, 2023
Esan people. My grand father told me long ago that his father was among men sent by thier zaki to what is now know as nothern Edo to fight Muslim incursions. As a result of this the marauders from idah in kogi could not go past auchi. From Ewu down to edo (Benin-city) was spared the blood lost that came from Muslim carnage.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by DaChosenOne: 7:42am On May 24, 2023
lordkush:
Esan people. My grand father told me long ago that his father was among men sent by thier zaki to what is now know as nothern Edo to fight Muslim incursions. As a result of this the marauders from idah in kogi could not go past auchi. From Ewu down to edo (Benin-city) was spared the blood lost that came from Muslim carnage.
Very cool. Thanks for your contribution.

30 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by DMerciful(m): 7:47am On May 24, 2023
Who is the Biafran here?
frank14011991:

3 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by DaChosenOne: 7:50am On May 24, 2023
DMerciful:
Who is the Biafran here?

I should have clarified that the list was in no particular order. He's thinks I'm a Biafran because I put Igbos at number one, LMFAO. I listed the tribes as they came to me. In fact, Angolans should be at the number one since they literally banned Islam, if the list was truly in order of greatest/strongest resistance to Islam/Arabicisation. CAR would not be number eleven too.

28 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Poisonousman: 7:52am On May 24, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Biafra is always about hatred for terrorism

Sometimes I wonder who give birth to y'all... Always typing out of point

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by rolams(m): 8:08am On May 24, 2023
dokyOloye:

Poverty?

Violence?

You need to make a very solid unbiased research. Poverty in Saudi, UAE, Malaysia or every other parts of the world where Islam is practiced accordingly? Check well! You earn unemployment benefits, students income benefit and the likes in Saudi. Imagine students protesting just because they want to earn benefits for keeping beard in Saudi.

Violence? Tell me when last you heard about such in Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia, UAE, and the likes.

You heard about recent shootings and killings in both US and Mexico right? Who propagated the act? Muslims right? You know all these are the handiwork of some christians there yet you won't call them christians but a faction of people with anti Islam move will put up silly act your likes will easily tag them Muslims and generalize the act.

I don't know why you guys are so fast in typing negativity about Islam just because of hatred.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Ezeama400: 8:19am On May 24, 2023
rolams:

Poverty?

Violence?

You need to make a very solid unbiased research. Poverty in Saudi, UAE, Malaysia or every other parts of the world where Islam is practiced accordingly? Check well! You earn unemployment benefits, students income benefit and the likes in Saudi. Imagine students protesting just because they want to earn benefits for keeping beard in Saudi.

Violence? Tell me when last you heard about such in Saudi Arabia, Malaysia, Indonesia, UAE, and the likes.

You heard about recent shootings and killings in both US and Mexico right? Who propagated the act? Muslims right? You know all these are the handiwork of some christians there yet you won't call them christians but a faction of people with anti Islam move will put up silly act your likes will easily tag them Muslims and generalize the act.

I don't know why you guys are so fast in typing negativity about a certain Islam just because of hatred.

Those places u mentioned are dominated my Muslims..
How many times have u heard of crisis in sokoto state that's fully dominated by Muslims in Nigeria for example?

The problem with Islam is intolerance that's why there is always trouble here and there where they co exist with other religions even if the percentage of such religion they co exist with is low..

They seek to dominate through violence, once they take control of such territory, they will move to another place continue their jihad ..

And what has what happened in USA or Mexico , got to do with religion ?

Did they shout the name of their Creator before striking like some Islamic terrorists do ?

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by rolams(m): 8:32am On May 24, 2023
Ezeama400:

Those places u mentioned are dominated my Muslim ..
Have many times have u heard crisis in sokoto state Nigeria for example?
The problem with Islam is intolerance that's why there is always trouble here and there where they co exist with other religions even if the percentage is such religion is low..

They seek to dominate through violence, once they take control of such territory, they move to another place continue their jihad ..

And to what happened in USA and Mexico , what has that got to do with religion ?

They they about the name of their Creator before striking like some Islamic terrorists do ?

Your response is not correlating with my points.

Sokoto is a state here in Nigeria. I gave you 3 or four countries up there to prove how peaceful Islam is and should be.

Why is the US and Mexico scenario irrelevant? You see, the level of bias and hatred I mentioned up there is reflecting in your comment.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by OgwuEgo: 8:32am On May 24, 2023
Doky Nwannem welcome back, I missed your presence.
dokyOloye:

2 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by tamdun: 8:40am On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:
Those people are irredeemable

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Jostoman: 8:42am On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:
no be your fault na people wey put mouth for this useless thread i blame.
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Ingocof(m): 8:51am On May 24, 2023
rolams:

Your response is not correlating with my points.

Sokoto is a state here in Nigeria. I gave you 3 or four countries up there to prove how peaceful Islam is and should be.

Why is the US and Mexico scenario is irrelevant? You see, the level of bias and hatred I mentioned up there is reflecting in your comment.

Pls tell us about Iran, Kuwait, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, these nations are also Islamic countries.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by tamdun: 8:56am On May 24, 2023
Ingocof:

Pls tell us about Iran, Kuwait, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Sudan, Somalia, Yemen, these nations are also Islamic countries.
Tell us who is behind the destruction of those countries u mentioned,who destroyed Iraq,Libya,Sudan...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Christistruth03: 8:57am On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:

Biafra hates everyone including their own People who do not agree with them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Christistruth03: 9:02am On May 24, 2023
lordkush:

The Attah Igala at Idah was a Major Spearhead against the Fulani Jihad

He and the Yoruba Okuns and Egbirra made sure there was not a single Emirate
the Lokoja area

They sent the Jihadists packing after heavy fighting

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Ingocof(m): 9:13am On May 24, 2023
tamdun:

Tell us who is behind the destruction of those countries u mentioned,who destroyed Iraq,Libya,Sudan...

Playing victim card and always dodging responsibility is the way of life in Islamic world.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by lordkush: 9:15am On May 24, 2023
Christistruth03:

The Attah Igala at Idah was a Major Spearhead against the Fulani Jihad

He and the Yoruba Okuns and Egbirra made sure there was not a single Emirate
the Lokoja area

They sent the Jihadists packing after heavy fighting
the campaign probably took too long. Because many people got converted and it was from that axis they gained entry to okpilla and continued before they where stipped in fuga and auchi areas

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Borno To Pay Parents Who Send Their Children To School / Radio Biafra Launches Short Wave Transmitter, To Begin Broadcast On 24th Aug 15 / Governors, Speakers Meet Over Constitution Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.