Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. (7799 Views)

IPOB To Buhari: Your Planned Visit To Ebonyi Will Be Resisted / Joy Nunieh: I Resisted Akpabio’s Oath Of Secrecy To Commit Fraud At NDDC / Eze Chukwuemeka To Tinubu: “Any Further Attacks On Amaechi Will Be Resisted” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by STRI1: 3:29pm On May 24, 2023
Ingocof:

OK, so Muslims in those countries where you called the domain of your prophet are more "Islamic" than the Muslims in other parts of the world?
You mean the tenets and the way of life purportedly received from your Qur'an are different?.

Who invaded those nations?? Wgo destroyed them. We're those countries like that 30 years ago ?

You expect, Germany, Laos, Vietnam, Korea, Japan to be same after their invasions ?? Think with your brain now.
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by gawu1: 3:30pm On May 24, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Biafra is always about hatred for terrorism
The same Biafrans who constitute 100% of the world number 10 must deadliest terrorists?
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by OfoIgbo: 3:30pm On May 24, 2023
newdawn2017:
but they re terrorist themselves.ir is my eyes paining me?

of course your eyes are paining you.

Buhari that doesn't want to label his Fulani killers and rapists, the terrorist, is comfortable labelling a placard-carrying organisation, a terror organisation.
Meanwhile, IPOB has offices in the US, UK, Israel, Spain and other countries, and are not troubled by police authorities in those countries.

6 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by OfoIgbo: 3:33pm On May 24, 2023
gawu1:

The same Biafrans who constitute 100% of the world number 10 must deadliest terrorists?

A record that has already been deleted by those that created the list. Try another angle.
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Rostikol: 3:34pm On May 24, 2023
dokyOloye:

Tell me what is there to like about Islam?
The violence or the poverty?

Are you aware that Christians have slaughtered far more people on this Earth than Muslims?

It was even a Christian that led the Biafra war against you which killed 2 million Igbos. The unjust war against Iraq, the murder of Ghadaffi, the assassination of progressive African leaders from Sankara to Lumumba to Murtala Muhammed, and many other atrocities were committed by Christians. It is Christians who make monkey chants against black players in European stadiums, not Muslims. The biggest producer and exporter of deadly weapons of mass destruction is a Christian nation, the USA. This country has also invaded or had troops in 97% of ALL countries on Earth.

When will you brainwashed people get sense?

The unjust international financial system, where African countries can access development funds at 40% interest while white countries access the same funding at 3% interest rates, hence leaving billions of people in poverty and destitution, was devised by Christians. You Christians are by far the biggest problem we have on Earth today. You’re the very cause of all the poverty and destitution on Earth.
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by sagitariusbaby(m): 3:47pm On May 24, 2023
lordkush:
the campaign probably took too long. Because many people got converted and it was from that axis they gained entry to okpilla and continued before they where stipped in fuga and auchi areas
Akoko-Edo people vehemently resisted them the conquerors mainly from the Nupe tribe of Niger state. They fought against them and killed many Nupe/Fulani emissaries until they were totally defeated. I believe believe only the weaker tribes got conquered.

1 Like

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by newdawn2017(f): 3:47pm On May 24, 2023
OfoIgbo:

of course your eyes are paining you.

Buhari that doesn't want to label his Fulani killers and rapists, the terrorist, is comfortable labelling a placard-carrying organisation, a terror organisation.
Meanwhile, IPOB has offices in the US, UK, Israel, Spain and other countries, and are not troubled by police authorities in those countries.
but ipob through their armed wing has been unleashing terror on there tribes me naa, contained comfortably in their region
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by wahahlawahala: 3:50pm On May 24, 2023
OfoIgbo:

Biafra is always about hatred for terrorism
lol.. same ppl wey dey top 10 most dangerous terrorists in the world list..
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by gawu1: 3:55pm On May 24, 2023
lordkush:
Esan people. My grand father told me long ago that his father was among men sent by thier zaki to what is now know as nothern Edo to fight Muslim incursions. As a result of this the marauders from idah in kogi could not go past auchi. From Ewu down to edo (Benin-city) was spared the blood lost that came from Muslim carnage.
Just thank European colonization. There are many historical facts showing that without the European intervention, the boundary of Islam around the niger area was the Atlantic ocean.
Many European scholars have given reasons why Europe decided to ventured into Africa especially at the turned of 15thC, AD. And the most common motives supported by undisputable facts and evidence in most of these write up for their incursion into Africa were that they wanted to first stop expansion of Islamic civilization in the continent and secondly, to expand their economy base.

2 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by ednut1(m): 4:09pm On May 24, 2023
The jihadists were stopped by middle belt’s people and also yorubas at oshobo. The religion never got to igbo land.

1 Like

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by D1official: 4:52pm On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:
yorubas don't hate Islam, yorubas are not religious bigots like ibos. We saw that in the last election
A man who is neither here nor there is known as a coward.

We also saw it in the last election.

1 Like

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by ImpregnaTor(m): 5:19pm On May 24, 2023
ednut1:
The jihadists were stopped by middle belt’s people and also yorubas at oshobo. The religion never got to igbo land.
Like around what year did all this happen?
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Wahabfuture: 5:20pm On May 24, 2023
STRI1:

Blood letting religion. Forcefully drinking Jesus blood. Is shameful for christians

Islam and terrorist is 5 and 6, in fact they can't live without blood shedding

1 Like

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by T8ksy(m): 5:27pm On May 24, 2023
ImpregnaTor:

Circa 1840 @ Oshogbo
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by SHINJACRUSADER: 5:34pm On May 24, 2023
Anywhere you see the population of head slammers growing run from that place...

Those guys are trouble .

I rather be an atheist than to practice head slamming...

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest

2 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by STRI1: 5:35pm On May 24, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Islam and terrorist is 5 and 6, in fact they can't live without blood shedding

Then, Muslims living around you must have killed you by now. Funny thing is Islam today is the fastest growing religion on earth. You hate has changed NOTHING.
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Wahabfuture: 5:40pm On May 24, 2023
STRI1:

Then, Muslims living around you must have killed you by now. Funny thing is Islam today is the fastest growing religion on earth. You hate has changed NOTHING.

Growing in which places? why would i risky my life to live around Muslims? i don't want to die like Deborah Samuel

3 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by ednut1(m): 5:44pm On May 24, 2023
ImpregnaTor:
1800s to 1840s. The junkuns and tivs resisted them

https://www.nairaland.com/3602700/osogbo-war-1840-oldnaija-history
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by STRI1: 5:46pm On May 24, 2023
Wahabfuture:

Growing in which places? why would i risky my life to live around Muslims? i don't want to die like Deborah Samuel

craw out if your hole to see that the world you live in is dominated by Muslim about 2billion Muslims 1 out of 3 human is a Muslim and there's NOTHING you can do about that. You either wail your voice to death or accept your fate.
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Ingocof(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2023
STRI1:

Who invaded those nations?? Wgo destroyed them. We're those countries like that 30 years ago ?

You expect, Germany, Laos, Vietnam, Korea, Japan to be same after their invasions ?? Think with your brain now.

Like I said, dodging responsibility and playing victim card is you way of life.
How did Arab spring started, the one that started in Tunisia few years ago, by invasion?
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by 1Sharon(f): 5:54pm On May 24, 2023
Naajjii:

What do you mean stop derailing? Christianity was also resisted by African tribes. Besides what is the purpose of your thread, Islamophobia right ?

For calling him islamophobic, that makes you christophobic!!
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by GeneralPula: 5:58pm On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:
yorubas don't hate Islam, yorubas are not religious bigots like ibos. We saw that in the last election
Dude is igbo..
Free ham bro..
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by STRI1: 5:59pm On May 24, 2023
Ingocof:

Like I said, dodging responsibility and playing victim card is you way of life.
How did Arab spring started, the one that started in Tunisia few years ago, by invasion?

Mumu. Tell me one country that doesn't have an history of revolution or civil war. Including your hole where millions of your people are starved to death.
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by STRI1: 6:01pm On May 24, 2023
ednut1:

osun state today has the largest Muslim majority stare in southwest Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by 1Sharon(f): 6:02pm On May 24, 2023
frank14011991:

Its not about liking the religion, its about being easy to deceive. Being a Muslim Is the worst thing an african can do.

2 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Creeper: 6:11pm On May 24, 2023
1Sharon:

Its not about liking the religion, its about being easy to deceive. Being a Muslim Is the worst thing an african can do.

How did you arrive at that conclusion since Christianity is just as bad (if not worse)?

Not a Muslim apologist but Islam built a lot of civilisations in West Africa (arguably the greatest civilisations in the region) and Western civilisation is basically a stolen legacy of Arab civilisation.
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by 1Sharon(f): 6:15pm On May 24, 2023
Creeper:

How did you arrive at that conclusion since Christianity is just as bad (if not worse)?

Not a Muslim apologist but Islam built a lot of civilisations in West Africa (arguably the greatest civilisations in the region) and Western civilisation is basically a stolen legacy of Arab civilisation.

Christianity is the lesser of the two evils. Better a Christian than a Muslim. Before you start, I belong to neither faiths.

Please what civilizations asides mosques and enslavement? undecided

5 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Creeper: 6:30pm On May 24, 2023
1Sharon:

Christianity is the lesser of the two evils. Better a Christian than a Muslim. Before you start, I belong to neither faiths.

Please what civilizations asides mosques and enslavement? undecided

How’s it better when it’s the premise for transatlantic slavery and Berlin conference that has kept Africa perpetually poor and underdeveloped? All the things slaves in the new world went through were also justified by the Bible.

Mali and Songhay (2 examples out of many) were Islamic civilisations and Islam aided script writing in both civilisations hence they have one of the oldest libraries in the world in Timbuktu.

Also, everything western civilisation lay claim to started from the translation of Arabic scripts from Arab scholars. Arab scholars were the ones who were able to merge all ancient knowledge from different civilisations together - to create the basis of modern civilisation. Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Astronomy, etc.

I’m technically a Christian and I don’t like the extremism (a lot of the modern wahabhism in Islam were created by the CIA but that’s a topic for another day) in Islam, racism against Africans by Arabs and trans-Saharan slavery. But Islam has contributed immensely to the world. And you don’t have to like the religion to acknowledge that.
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Wahabfuture: 6:35pm On May 24, 2023
STRI1:

craw out if your hole to see that the world you live in is dominated by Muslim about 2billion Muslims 1 out of 3 human is a Muslim and there's NOTHING you can do about that. You either wail your voice to death or accept your fate.

Why don't you add another 1 billion since it makes you very happy? because i know you love to live in delusion,
I don't know where you are getting those useless figures from to make yourself happy, dude nobody is interested in Islamic because they are bloody thirsty , Islamic bring backwardness, intolerance and Violence
why would anybody allow her/his children to become one? Islamic is a forbidden religion all over the world due to their high nature of Violence and terrorism

1 Like

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by GodinDaFlesh: 6:41pm On May 24, 2023
Islam is the eraser of culture and progression.

2 Likes

Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by Modsarefools(f): 6:44pm On May 24, 2023
tamdun:

Those people are irredeemable
Your useless generations are irredeemable angry
Re: African tribes who resisted Islam & Arabicisation. Historically &/or Currently. by rolams(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2023
maintenant:
I will condescend to argue with you because you can let off an explosive...

Neanderthals like you should be separated from normal society because you obviously see nothing wrong with religion-inspired bloodletting...

I shouldn't have responded to a numbskull at first. I just realized you are a very small boy, if I had known, I wouldn't have responded. There is a limit to what your brain can carry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos / INEC Denies Claims Of Ballot Papers Being In Hands Of Politicians / Supreme Court Reaffirms Edozie Njoku As APGA National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.