Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? (14306 Views)

Hope Reunites With His Mother 7 Years After He Was Branded A Witch & Left To Die / What Amount Should A Child Be Contributing To The House? Anthony Joshua Asks / Couple Ignore Their Maid At A Restaurant, Angry Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by frankson1(m): 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2023
Moh247:

No family is obligated to help you, help only who helped you... You are not God

You only answered the first part of her question.

So are they obligated to spend when the person who they refused to help die... Why do children leave their parents to live in an uncompleted building and or a poor accomodation but carry out renovation works on the building after the death of either parents in preparation for burial... A lady was very sick and no one called for contributions to support her medical bills but after her death, lots of people made contributions and planned for her burial... WHY?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by frankson1(m): 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyview01:

I totally agree with you.

The op still has this entitlement mentality that drives me crazy.

Why does a family member feel entitled to my money when they never gave me a dime?

You are only entitled to your parents money until you become an adult.

This has gone beyond "entitlement mentality" but it's what is happening.

You guys only took the first part of her question.
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by internationalman(m): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2023
Really??

Moh247:

No family is obligated to help you, help only who helped you... You are not God

Exactly

Xammie001:
THEY ARE MAD NI, I TOLD ALL MY FAMILY MEMBER NOT TO CONTRIBUTE ANY MONEY FOR MY DAD'S BURIAL AND MY WEDDING BECAUSE LATER IN THE FUTURE NOW THEY WILL BE YEARNING GAS.
WHEN YOU ARE HUNGRY AND GO TO THEM THEY WON'T HELP BECAUSE THE WORLD WON'T SEE THEM BUT ANYTHING PARTY THEY WILL DO IT GRACIOUSLY BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE PROOFS AND EVIDENCES TO SHOW THEY HELPED YOU.

Thank you brother

CLATHRIN:

Is this long story really necessary? Sometimes you should take it easy with life. The OP is just talking about how we apply our priorities. If you have to help people, why give help when it's not really very effective i.e why help to bury someone when you could have helped them with their medical bills or with food to eat and perhaps survive?

In this case, you have chosen to assist, it's no longer about entitlement, it's about motive and intention.
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by thatigboman: 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
Moh247:
booking space to talk rubbish later
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by MoneyMustBMade(m): 9:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
Quintopia:

But you will help with their burial.

Devil.

Why help with their burial? It’s not as if they won’t be buried without you.

So you should also use that as a reason not to help.

Dustbin
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by MySolace: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
Darlingme:
My thought exactly. Someone you can't help why he/she is alive, why helping to give a befitting burial?
If u can't help d living, why helping d dead...?
I see dat as wickedness. If there is alternative, such offer should never be accepted.
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Chidolalar: 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2023
Skyview01:
I have adult relatives who are willfully poor and have refused to take up a job or learn a skill.
I sent some to the universities and after graduation have refused to work but want me to place them on monthly salaries.

I even got a job in a multinational company for one and he left the job without letting me know.

Do i fucking look like an ATM machine?

There is nothing wrong in being poor if it is by indolent choice.

I will rather help friends or a serious stranger than some useless relatives.

Pls sir can u help me secure a job. Am over 30 and have not gotten any tangible job after I graduated from d university.
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by chi4ik4(m): 12:58am On Jun 07, 2023
Darlingme:
Too bad. Sorry for what you're going through and hope you're improving?
Yes bro, my heart is rebuilding very fast and my test results are promising.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by ADunamite(m): 1:41am On Jun 07, 2023
Skyview01:
I have adult relatives who are willfully poor and have refused to take up a job or learn a skill.
I sent some to the universities and after graduation have refused to work but want me to place them on monthly salaries.

I even got a job in a multinational company for one and he left the job without letting me know.

Do i fucking look like an ATM machine?

There is nothing wrong in being poor if it is by indolent choice.

I will rather help friends or a serious stranger than some useless relatives.

Good day Sir. I'm a stranger who resides in Abuja. Could you please extend your benevolence to me regarding jobs. I studied Computer science. Thank you
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 07, 2023
ADunamite:

Good day Sir. I'm a stranger who resides in Abuja. Could you please extend your benevolence to me regarding jobs. I studied Computer science. Thank you

Thank you for connecting.

At this time I do not have a lot of job connections since I have been away for so long but computer science is a very good course i must say. What have you been doing since graduation? When did you graduate? Have you had any certifications or additional training since graduation?

What are your plans and future ambitions?
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Nobody: 2:56am On Jun 07, 2023
Chidolalar:

Pls sir can u help me secure a job. Am over 30 and have not gotten any tangible job after I graduated from d university.

What course did you graduate in? When did you graduate? Have you learned additional skills since graduation and how have you been coping since graduation?
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Caleb15(m): 6:24am On Jun 07, 2023
I donate four bags of rice
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by achimendy(m): 8:54am On Jun 07, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Its better to not need help from anyone, self reliance is better.

With this mindset, and by the grace of God, one will not need to ask anyone for anything and one can give freely also. smiley

I expect nothing from anyone, but i want to give as i can, without grudging or feeling exploited or drained.

And i do not hold any grudge to anyone who did not help me, but i am thankful for every small thing.

Ideally, everyone should have something to share, it does not have to be money, it can be encouragement or motivation or sharing time, information, knowledge, or even some assistance that is not money or greetings. It how healthy community works

But when people only recognize money, they may become shallow.

You're on point brother, but as family we should always be there for each other, that's what gives the family meaning.

This days you'll see siblings ignoring each other even at the point of death, although I know some siblings can be very stupid sometimes, but most times is not because of that. I just can't do that to my own fam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by vickydevoka(m): 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ismael97:

Human beings are getting increasingly wicked on a daily. I've given up on Humanity. Only a few people are good. The rest are bad. I've been here crying out for 5k to buy drugs for my sick son, and all I get is insults and been tagged a scammer. I'm tired with Life generally
Buy nobody owes you anything
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Ismael97(m): 2:18pm On Jun 07, 2023
vickydevoka:

Buy nobody owes you anything

I know. That's why I am "appealing"
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by vickydevoka(m): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ismael97:

I know. That's why I am "appealing"
Sounds scamming though
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Ismael97(m): 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
vickydevoka:

Sounds scamming though

No. It's not Ma. Thanks
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by MisterBanny(m): 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=vickydevoka post=123633268]
Sounds scamming though [/quot

In life, help whoever u can
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by vickydevoka(m): 6:55pm On Jun 07, 2023
[quote author=MisterBanny post=123637145][/quote]
Abeg no vex you better pass people way de push truck for market. Me I don pack sand from site. All this beg no fit solve anything. Comot body and shame go hustle. I was once like you until I comot shame go work. Quantinue de look for helper way u no be woman
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Chidolalar: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2023
Skyview01:

What course did you graduate in? When did you graduate? Have you learned additional skills since graduation and how have you been coping since graduation?
Pls sorry for replying late
Mathematics education.
I graduated 2021
I haven't learned any additional skills
I have been coping from d little money my younger sister sends me and from d little money my old mum has with her
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by emmaodet: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2023
Skyview01:

It is not an opinion but a fact that parents give birth to children. It is also not an opinion but a fact that parents should be responsible for their children.

What we are experiencing is a residue from the old african way of living.
We give birth without any plans hoping our family members will help us to take care of them.
Same thing with animals. We buy chicken, goats and dogs we can't take care of and leave them wandering around the streets looking for what to eat. What buy what you can't cage and take care of? ohhh, i love pets.
Same is with kids. Many can't take care of the kids they brought to life yet abusing a family member of not helping them to do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by ADunamite(m): 10:41pm On Jun 15, 2023
Skyview01:

At this time I do not have a lot of job connections since I have been away for so long but computer science is a very good course i must say. What have you been doing since graduation? When did you graduate? Have you had any certifications or additional training since graduation?

Sorry for replying late. Phone had a slight issue. I'm into article writing for now but I've been learning python and graphics design. I understand the course needs polishing for certifications and all after leaving school, else the chance of staying dormant is higher.

I intend to delve into data science and make a career out of it. The course is so vast and one can't afford to be a jack of all trades. That'll cause distraction. I appreciate the response, thank you.
Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by ADunamite(m): 10:42pm On Jun 15, 2023
Skyview01:

Re: Why Do We Ignore Poor Loved Ones To Die, Then Start Contributing For Burial? by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Jun 16, 2023
emmaodet:
■ What we are experiencing is a residue from the old african way of living. We give birth without any plans hoping our family members will help us to take care of them.
Same thing with animals. We buy chicken, goats and dogs we can't take care of and leave them wandering around the streets looking for what to eat. What buy what you can't cage and take care of? ohhh, i love pets.

Same is with kids. Many can't take care of the kids they brought to life yet abusing a family member of not helping them to do it.
How is this any much different from what Almajiri's do? Yet the same folks who live this way go get mouth insult their Northern copies. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Will You Do If Your Wife Is Secretly Building A House In Her Fathers Compou / Change Of Name / Which Year Took The Most Important People In Your Life ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.