Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? (3634 Views)

Why Are We SOUTHERNERS Not Tolerant ? / We Southerners Are Educated But Largely Dumb And Foolish / We Southerners Are Voting Pastor Osinbanjo Coming 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by sorosoke101: 8:46pm On May 24, 2023
The rate at which the yoruba's and Igbo's are waging online wars between each other is really alarming, and this is gradually even becoming physical. I was at a popular market today when I overheard some group of men ranting about how one tribe are betrayals and cowards wanting to have everything for themselves without working for it, while at this discussion someone replied them and said " make una sef go back build una place b4 una build another man place" make you leave our land nah" . A heated argument started and it almost turned into a feud which would have turned into a riot if not for the timely intervention of the market union workers. Let's stop this evil please, we are all southerners we can stand as one and make the south a better place without hurting each other. You could hardly see a Hausa man harassing a Fulani man, they have their differences but they love each other. I myself have learnt to avoid any form of argument pertaining to tribe. Even if you insult and curse my tribe I will just walk away and still show you love. It happens a lot at my place of work, where 85% of staff are one tribe dominated ( I don't want to mention which tribe so as to curb been bias) I receive friendly insults pertaining to being my tribe daily, any little mistake, you will just hear someone say " nah we dey feed una, una wey no fit hustle" nah Bleep dey una system". Sometimes I am forced to throw hurtful jabs at them but I have learnt to accommodate and swallow those insults with pride. Let's join hands together and build good roads hospitals schools e.t.c and stop been a laughing stock to other tribes. Please and please no insults on me Biko.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Martinsmine(m): 8:55pm On May 24, 2023
Bro before u shoot ur shot enter small waka with Elite's then u won't get involved with crazy discussions if not money..
sorosoke101:
The rate at which the yoruba's and Igbo's are waging online wars between each other is really alarming, and this is gradually even becoming physical. I was at a popular market today when I overheard some group of men ranting about how one tribe are betrayals and cowards wanting to have everything for themselves without working for it, while at this discussion someone replied them and said " make una sef go back build una place b4 una build another man place" make you leave our land nah" . A heated argument started and it almost turned into a feud which would have turned into a riot if not for the timely intervention of the market union workers. Let's stop this evil please, we are all southerners we can stand as one and make the south a better place without hurting each other. You could hardly see a Hausa man harassing a Fulani man, they have their differences but they love each other. I myself have learnt to avoid any form of argument pertaining to tribe. Even if you insult and curse my tribe I will just walk away and still show you love. It happens a lot at my place of work, where 85% of staff are one tribe dominated ( I don't want to mention which tribe so as to curb been bias) I receive friendly insults pertaining to being my tribe daily, any little mistake, you will just hear someone say " nah we dey feed una, una wey no fit hustle" nah Bleep dey una system". Sometimes I am forced to throw hurtful jabs at them but I have learnt to accommodate and swallow those insults with pride. Let's join hands together and build good roads hospitals schools e.t.c and stop been a laughing stock to other tribes. Please and please no insults on me Biko.

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by lhordspy: 9:06pm On May 24, 2023
Have you witnessed the gathering of people from the southEast Emitting hate?

With due respect, without holding back the truth. They are everywhere and anywhere you turn cookingup hatred. They embodies, personifies, and epitomised hate.

Always playing the victimization card but also quick to demonize anything and any person not of their own. Even Nigeria as a whole is not spared. Dangote refinery was commissioned few days ago, every patriotic Nigerian is happy for the country. The people of SE were all over the place badmouthing and painting the project bad, all in a bid to undermine the effort of a Northerner.

Have we ever witnessed a religious division like this before in Nigeria? Not until a south easterner decided to run for presidency. The gate of hell was let loose. The candidate declared a 'religious war' . Pastors, bishops, Archbishops openly preached religious hate on the altar with reckless abandonment. We have never had it this bad. All it takes was the involvement of a SouthEasterner.

Election was conducted. A winner emerged. Igbos went berserk, calling for the breakup of the country. In fact since then they have been engaging in anything Anti-Nigeria 'openly' . This is the same people that want to rule the country. They hide under the name 'Obidient' to attack elderstatesmen, prominent men, kings that is not from their region. They have attacked Sultan of sokoto from North, Oni of Ife from the West among others. Yet celebrate murderers like Kanu and Epka.

Without mincing words. Presently, the only people that like igbos are igbos themselves. Every other tribe detest them. You can ask around.

49 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Brek: 9:11pm On May 24, 2023
I feel like I've heard "enough of igbo started the problem" or "yorubas started the problem" bullcrap. We ain't united that's the thing. I don't see the reason why I still see people screaming one Nigeria up and down
Southern unity is a joke. Look how Fulani herdsman will kill people while igbos and yourbas are fighting
Lord Lugard was right when they all met that they looked eachother as strangers

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Chivisee: 9:27pm On May 24, 2023
After tinubu's 8 years reigns, we will assume is to attone mko's mandate that was thwaft by a Igbo man nzeribe. Then year 2040,when we now realise the misearable part of the south that has not produced the president, then the Yorubas will now reciprocate this gesture of them trying to steal tinubus mandate.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by SOSinNigeria: 9:33pm On May 24, 2023
lhordspy:

With due respect, without holding back the truth. They are everywhere and anywhere you turn cookingup hatred. They embodies, personifies, and epitomised hate.

Always playing the victimization card but also quick to demonize anything and any person not of their own. Even Nigeria as a whole is not spared. Dangote refinery was commissioned few days ago, every patriotic Nigeria was happy for the country. The people of SE we're all over the place badmouthing and painting the project bad, all in a bid to undermine the effort of a Northerner.

Have we ever witnessed a religious division like this before in Nigeria? Not until a south easterner decided to run for presidency. The gate of hell was let loose. The candidate declared a 'religious war' . Pastors, bishops, Archbishops openly preached religious hate on the altar with reckless abandonment. We have never had it this bad. All it takes was the involvement of a SouthEasterner.

Lol, very typical of Yorubas. You've once again run to hide behind Fulani to attack Igbos. You people will never change. Hate, wickedness, selfishness, envy and backbiting is wired deep in your DNA. That's how your brother ran to UK as a dependent only to destroy the ladder afterwards, so others won't come.

We know you people, Nigerians also know you guys. You all will receive your adequate recompense someday.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by lhordspy: 9:41pm On May 24, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Lol, very typical of Yorubas. You've once again run to hide behind Fulani to attack Igbos. You people will never change. Hate, wickedness, selfishness, envy and backbiting is wired deep in your DNA. That's how your brother ran to UK as a dependent only to destroy the ladder afterwards, so others won't come.

We know you people, Nigerians also know you guys. You all will receive your adequate recompense someday.

Lol. Backstabber? . The victimization mentality at play again.

Is it the yorubas that dragged you guys into a senseless civil war that wiped out 2million of innocent lives from SE.

Is it Yorubas that stopped you from making alliances with other region?

Is it yorubas that voted people like Ipkeazu, Orji kalu, Uguwanyi, and other incompetent leaders for you?

Is it yorubas that deprived your region of basic amenities of living. Is it yorubas that is responsible for the catastrophic and miserable condition of your region?

It is not Yorubas fault you can't boast of smart, competent and connected leaders like Seyi Makinde, fashola, Osinbajo, Gbajabiala, Sanwo olu, Fayemi among others.

Is it yorubas fault that your region is devoid of leader like Tinubu that has the courage, and temerity to stand for and negotiate for the Southwesterners at the national level ?

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Becomrichn: 9:43pm On May 24, 2023
embarassed embarassed

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by SOSinNigeria: 9:52pm On May 24, 2023
lhordspy:

Is it the yorubas that dragged you guys into a senseless civil war that wiped out 2million of innocent lives from SE.

Is it yorubas that voted people like Ipkeazu, Orji kalu, Uguwanyi, and other incompetent leaders for you?

Is it yorubas that deprived your region of basic amenities of living. Is it yorubas that is responsible for the catastrophic and miserable condition of your region?

Lol, who doesn't know about you guys backstabbing nature? Even JJC knows that already.

Talking about good governance, your governors are by far worse than SE governors. That Igbos call out their governors all the time while you suffer in silence doesn't mean you have it any better. For example, if Ota and Agbara were to be in Igboland, Igbos will continue calling out Ogun state governors until they work on the towns and make them fit for human habitation instead of looking worse than pig domains.

The condition of living in Igbo cities is far better than what you have in your glorified slums. Most of the houses you have in Ibadan, obomosho, Abeokuta and rest except Lagos, would have been demolished and befitting ones built if they're to be in SE. How can most of you guys be living in derelict houses with no running water and no flush toilets? Many of you still rely on dug wells in 2023 and you're not even ashamed?

SW already has the worst ubarn development in Nigeria. Yet you keep deceiving yourselves.

29 Likes

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by lhordspy: 10:01pm On May 24, 2023
SOSinNigeria:

Lol, who doesn't know about you guys backstabbing nature? Even JJC knows that already.

Talking about good governance, your governors are by far worse than SE governors. That Igbos call out their governors all the time while you suffer in silence doesn't mean you have it any better. For example, if Ota and Agbara were to be in Igboland, Igbos will continue calling out Ogun state governors until they work on the towns and make them fit for human habitation instead of looking worse than pig domains.

The condition of living in Igbo cities is far better than what you have in your glorified slums. Most of the houses you have in Ibadan, obomosho, Abeokuta and rest except Lagos, would have been demolished and befitting ones built if they're to be in SE. How can most of you guys be living in derelict houses with no running water and no flush toilets? Many of you still rely on dug wells in 2023 and you're not even ashamed?

SW already has the worst ubarn development in Nigeria. Yet you keep deceiving yourselves.

Here we go again. Just look at the hatred emanating from your words. Empty vessel. I am not here to argue with you though. This thread isn't about throwing ethnic-banter. The OP asked a question. I answered.

You can crawl back into your hole now. Shalom.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by JagabanBorgu: 10:04pm On May 24, 2023
Before 2023 elections came up seriously last year, lgb0s channeled their vènóm to the north.
Calling northerners all sorts of names.
U can visit the thread of the live collation of election results from 2019 elections and u will see lgb0s praising Yorubas because of the voting pattern of Yorubas in 2019 where votes were splitted between APC and PDP in SW.
lgb0s hailed the Yorubas for playing good politics, suddenly they turned on Yorubas because the càndidàte of the party they resent so much is now a Yoruba.
If the càndidàte of APC comes from SS tomorrow, lgb0s will tûrñ on SS.
Now they left the north to focus on Yorubas.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Wutinky: 10:23pm On May 24, 2023
lhordspy:

Always playing the victimization card but also quick to demonize anything and any person not of their own. Even Nigeria as a whole is not spared. Dangote refinery was commissioned few days ago, every patriotic Nigeria was happy for the country. The people of SE we're all over the place badmouthing and painting the project bad, all in a bid to undermine the effort of a Northerner.

Election was conducted. A winner emerged. Igbos went berserk, calling for the breakup of the country. In fact since then they have been engaging in anything Anti-Nigeria 'openly' . This is the same people that want to rule the country. They hide under the name 'Obidient' to attack elderstatesmen, prominent men, kings that is not from their region. They have attacked Sultan of sokoto from North, Oni of Ife from the West among others. Yet celebrate murderers like Kanu and Epka.

Without mincing words. Presently, the only people that like igbos are igbos themselves. Every other tribe detest them. You can ask around.

Who does not know you here as a bigot? you can keep ranting from now until forever nobody give Bleep about you and what you think about Igbos, when Mc Oluomo and Yoruba Agberos was harassing other Nigerians especially Igbos did any of you condemned it? answer is capital no.
When Bayo Onanuga, Fk and other Yoruba's elites was Sowing the Seeds of hatred did any of you or your elites condemned it? answer is capital no,

I don't use to engage in this type of stuff in the past because I've lived in Yoruba land with a lot of nice friends and once married to a Yoruba lady may her soul rest on peace but I will never forget what happened during the last governorship election, it's very disgusting and embarrassed,

I am not surprise with what is happening now, when we all get tired we will come to table and divide country in peace, as for me, I'm done with one Nigeria.

17 Likes

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Wutinky: 10:34pm On May 24, 2023
Brek:
I feel like I've heard "enough of igbo started the problem" or "yorubas started the problem" bullcrap. We ain't united that's the thing. I don't see the reason why I still see people screaming one Nigeria up and down
Southern unity is a joke. Look how Fulani herdsman will kill people while igbos and yourbas are fighting

Asked them how did Igbos started the problem they will never give you any reasonable answer, the cause of this problem is because Tinubu lost in Lagos during the presidential election, they thought the Lp guy is going to defeat the current Governor since they could defeat all mighty Tinubu in Lagos, so in order to win the Governorship this bigots resorted to their usual Tribal and hate politic.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Exclusive101: 10:35pm On May 24, 2023
Your call for caution is coming too late n I say this with all sense of modesty.

Igbos rate Yoruba the way they rate Ibibio ikwerre n Delta Igbos.

Igbo must pay a costly price n extremely Dearing price to have their brain reset, Yorubas will never back down for the Igbo on our land n this is why they will be the one to pay dearly.

It is only a matter of time, the ohaneze n other Igbo leaders have proven to be foolish with their bias n all of you must pay dearly.

I say this because Igbos think they can get away with it but when push come to shove you will see the real coward you call Yoruba n learn never to refer to them as that or subjugate the Yorubaa if they allow you run your rings around them.

sorosoke101:

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by ablejesus26(m): 10:36pm On May 24, 2023
lhordspy:

grin This kinda thread no good for your soul grin
How will you survive if You dont do Tribal hate banters,na Your destiny You dey fulfil like dis ooo grin

15 Likes

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Wutinky: 10:37pm On May 24, 2023
JagabanBorgu:
Before 2023 elections came up seriously last year, lgb0s channeled their vènóm to the north.
Calling northerners all sorts of names.
U can visit the thread of the live collation of election results from 2019 elections and u will see lgb0s praising Yorubas because of the voting pattern of Yorubas in 2019 where votes were splitted between APC and PDP in SW.
lgb0s hailed the Yorubas for playing good politics, suddenly they turned on Yorubas because the càndidàte of the party they resent so much is now a Yoruba.
If the càndidàte of APC comes from SS tomorrow, lgb0s will tûrñ on SS.
Now they left the north to focus on Yorubas.

Mumu always trying to buy other tribes to join you to fight Igbos, what kind of mentality is that?
Show us where the Igbos was calling the northerners all sorts of names during the election 2023 period?
You guys will never change, spit

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Straybullet: 10:38pm On May 24, 2023
lhordspy:

Then with due respect ket the igbos go. Break this cu€sed country

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Wutinky: 10:40pm On May 24, 2023
Exclusive101:
Your call for caution is coming too late n I say this with all sense of modesty.

Igbo must pay a costly price n extremely Dearing price to have their brain reset, Yorubas will never back down for the Igbo on our land n this is why they will be the one to pay dearly.

It is only a matter of time, the ohaneze n other Igbo leaders have proven to be foolish with their bias n all of you must pay dearly.

I say this because Igbos think they can get away with it but when push come to shove you will see the real coward you call Yoruba n learn never to refer to them as that or subjugate the Yorubaa if they allow you run your rings around them.

Cowards and that is why you lost Ilorin to Fulanis, always trying to buy other tribes to join you to fight the Igbos, Cowards can't you guys fight alone for once? SPIT

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Exclusive101: 10:44pm On May 24, 2023
So all the talk from Kanu killing Kumuyi as no effect or does not warrant reprisal from you deluded bigoted head ?

Wutinky:

Asked them how did Igbos started the problem they will never give you any reasonable answer, the cause of this problem is because Tinubu lost in Lagos during the presidential election, they thought the Lp guy is going to defeat the current Governor since they could defeat all mighty Tinubu in Lagos, so in order to win the Governorship this bigots resorted to their usual Tribal and hate politic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Exclusive101: 10:47pm On May 24, 2023
Wonders shall never end same Igbo that were insulting Fulani Hausa altogether can deny insulting northerner before our very eyes.

Wutinky:

Mumu always trying to buy other tribes to join you to fight Igbos, what kind of mentality is that?
Show us where the Igbos was calling the northerners all sorts of names during the election 2023 period?

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by sorosoke101: 11:17pm On May 24, 2023
Martinsmine:
Bro before u shoot ur shot enter small waka with Elite's then u won't get involved with crazy discussions if not money..
money no be everything bro, we will die one day and live that money. What matters most is the love we show to others
Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Tflex01: 11:18pm On May 24, 2023
Exclusive101:

Lol thank you.

You know what I found most interesting about the Igbo noise these days is that, you call Yorubas cowards for all their niceness and accommodating nature in the past. And now when Yorubas are trying to prove to them that they are not cowards, they are crying victimisation. grin

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by JagabanBorgu: 11:21pm On May 24, 2023
Wutinky:

U are Ióst, I made it clear that u guys were abûsîng northerners before primary elections came up last year, I made reference to a thread didn't I?
Moreover, I am not a Yorûba.
But I will say it as it is.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by sorosoke101: 11:22pm On May 24, 2023
lhordspy:

I am yoruba to the core but put yourself in their shoes then you will feel how they feel. Go and ask if you were not born then how we Yoruba felt during Abiola's June 12 it hurts it's painful

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by sorosoke101: 11:24pm On May 24, 2023
Brek:
only unity can make us stand against the north in terms of economic development, social amenities e.t.c
Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Wutinky: 11:35pm On May 24, 2023
Exclusive101:
So all the talk from Kanu killing Kumuyi as no effect or does not warrant reprisal from you deluded bigoted head ?

Does this excuse make sense? Kanu is not one of our politicians.
Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by bhella10: 11:35pm On May 24, 2023
lhordspy:

It is not Yorubas fault you can't boast of smart, competent and connected leaders like Seyi Makinde, fashola, Osinbajo, Gbajabiala, Sanwo olu, Fayemi among others.

Is it yorubas fault that your region is devoid of leader like Tinubu that has the courage, and temerity to stand for and negotiate for the Southwesterners at the national level ?
it is Yoruba that sent them to beat up their leader in Germany.
It is Yoruba that tell Ekweremadu to harvest omolomo's kidney grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba's And Igbo's What Is Going On, Are We Southerners Fools? by Wutinky: 11:51pm On May 24, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

U are Ióst, I made it clear that u guys were abûsîng northerners before primary elections came up last year, I made reference to a thread didn't I?
Moreover, I am not a Yorûba.
But I will say it as it is.

Stop this old tricks and Prove it or shut it forever, I know you will deny been a Yoruba once I call you out for always trying to buy other tribes to join in your fight against Igbos
Igbos will never do that, only cowards will do that. Omo una case na mental oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. / More Photos Of Popular Activist, Sunday Igboho In The Plane / Why Ex-gov Bello Is Afraid Of Efcc! Tinubu, Faleke, Late Audu's Death & Vendetta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.