Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,691 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. (3629 Views)

Adeleke Entertains Supporters With Drumming Skills (Video/Photos) / To Those Of You Drumming For War / 2023: North Rallies Round Atiku, Gusau Presents Ex-VP To IBB Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Physicist(m): 8:50am On Aug 07, 2023
The particular quote some people like to mention about drumming for war by Yorubas in general and attributing the quote to IBB was about General Diya and General Adisa. The quote was not about the entire Yoruba tribe.

If I hear that Diya is planning a coup, I will go to sleep and if I hear Adisa is planning a coup I will go to slumber.

Watch the YouTube video from time 36:00 to 39:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUKqVL9zUYA&ab_channel=OputaPanel

6 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Ttalk: 8:51am On Aug 07, 2023
kiss

37 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by successmatters(m): 9:02am On Aug 07, 2023
And general Diya and Adisa are from Cameroon abi?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Minime10(f): 9:06am On Aug 07, 2023
Physicist:
The particular quote some people like to mention about drumming for war by Yorubas in general and attributing the quote to IBB was about General Diya and General Adisa. The quote was not about the entire Yoruba tribe.

If I hear that Diya is planning a coup, I will go to sleep and if I hear Adisa is planning a coup I will go to slumber.

Who ask you
Wetin you dey try do now, owon weyrey🤣
Oladipo Diya no be Yoruba man before? Abi, Adisa na Kanuri im be?😏

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Sharpsharp00123: 9:25am On Aug 07, 2023
successmatters:
ojukwu n nnamdi runaway are from Gambia?

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Amb1045(m): 9:25am On Aug 07, 2023
Na mouth Yoruba people get

16 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by 90dbest: 10:02am On Aug 07, 2023
Who doesn't know that Yoruba are cowards. Do you need IBB to tell you.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Rahkman: 10:07am On Aug 07, 2023
Trust me if he heard ojukwu ifeajuna or nzeogwu is planning coup he would have shited on his pants.....he knew the reason he used those names babangida didn't want to sound tribalistic by using tribes ,but we got the message grin

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by orohbirodeysmel: 10:11am On Aug 07, 2023
The way some people chicken out when threatened physically especially by Hausa-Fulani, only to come online and be making noise...still baffles me.

Diya and Adisa are Arabs from Bamako,abeg...shey peace can reign now🤣🤣

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Adaisback(f): 11:17am On Aug 07, 2023
cheesy cheesy grin grin op, Biko see as your shame dey catch me. So Babangida actually said those words above, end of story. Na you judge this matter yourself o. Diya and Adisa are from the Atlantic ocean

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by BossGerald: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2023
I never knew IBB actually made such statement shocked

Op thanks for the confirmation

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Couldntfigurean: 11:31am On Aug 07, 2023
I been think say IBB no talk am at all
Thanks for the video op
Now I can go download that MEME and use it to mock my opps

Thanks,Once again

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by KwuoteYourFada: 11:31am On Aug 07, 2023
Physicist:

You explain tire

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Kalashnikov49: 11:50am On Aug 07, 2023
When it's said that Yoruba don't have sense, it will seem like an insult. See as this OP just confirm what IBB said.

Truly Yoruba are COWARDs..forget play.
grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Streetdoctor: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
ojukwu n nnamdi runaway are from Gambia?
Ordinary data u no fit buy, buy data and watch d full video.
Back to d topic, op u really disgraced Yorubas, d man even repeated it second time to show that I B really said it on quot.
Yoruba people dun suffer for hausa hand.

12 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by kettykings: 11:55am On Aug 07, 2023
Thank God someone just confirmed it and even posted the video

11 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Jagaban2012: 11:58am On Aug 07, 2023
Omo...IBB really finish Yoruba people....

Yoruba people are not made.for war...forget all these president Tinubu comments against Niger republic...Nah some.Fulani people who are close to the power are the one pushing.him....

Yoruba people love social events die....Owambe is Yoruba people tribe identity....they can celebrate and spend money on nonsense social gathering...

Also Ebi is a Yoruba language for Uniform...cloth.....

Yoruba and social.event....are inseparable...but not war.

10 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Niwdog(m): 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
Same way they attribute the first military coup to Igbos just because the soldiers bare Igbo names
So take am like that

9 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Salubata(m): 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
Wow. This is expository.

Thanks for bringing the clarification on

6 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
successmatters:

If where u come from, A single sample from a likely large database of around 3omillion is enough to deduce a conclusion, then that speaks alot about your statistical knowledge

In Philosophy, It is called "The fallacy of hasty generalisaction". You failed that too

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by ElSudani: 12:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
Jagaban2012:
Omo...IBB really finish Yoruba people....

Yoruba people are not made.for war...forget all these president Tinubu comments against Niger republic...Nah some.Fulani people who are close to the power are the one pushing.him....

Yoruba people love social events die....Owambe is Yoruba people tribe identity....they can celebrate and spend money on nonsense social gathering...

Also Ebi is a Yoruba language for Uniform...cloth.....

Yoruba and social.event....are inseparable...but not war.

Yoruba people are not made for war except his name was Benjamin Adekunle. The only meaningful expedition of the Biafrans was led by a Yoruba man, Victor Banjo.

8 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by 7lives: 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
90dbest:
Who doesn't know that Yoruba are cowards. Do you need IBB to tell you.

But the cowards flogged you guys of recent, the funny thing is the way the brave folks chest beats, I didn't expect most of them to hide under their beds.
Na so your forefathers called the Northerns nama until those guys decided to make kebabs out of your forefathers.
Na una mouth destroyed una, who be una friend for this country?, non.

40 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by Phoen1X: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
ANTIMARXIST ,make you explain more,..

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by EmperorCaesar(m): 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
Niwdog:
Same way they attribute the first military coup to Igbos just because the soldiers bare Igbo names
So take am like that

Thats a diff case, All the soldiers were 90% Igbos, none of the victims were Igbo and even when Aguiyi became the head of state, he didnt bring his brothers "Coup Plotters" to judgement

Its a diff case entirely when u know that there are other brave Yoruba Soldiers like Obj and Black Scorpion who'd cause more wars for anyone yet trying to judge the entire Yoruba tribe on a docile Dipo Diya

1 Like

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by PointB: 12:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ttalk:
kiss
Lol.

Diya actually admitted incompentence (and cowardice) for both himself and Adisa. The way he said is so I pitiful and funny at the same time. I've laughed so hard.

5 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by lordofreal(m): 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Try to read and understand both Diya and adisa are not only Yoruba general we have in Nigeria have you heard about somebody like Aalabi isima , Benjamin Adekunle etc atleast these are also Yoruba and they are the people that taught Igbo bitter lessons during the civil war.
Minime10:

Who ask you

2 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by PointB: 12:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Minime10:

Who ask you

Lol.

Diya actually admitted incompentence (and cowardice) for both himself and Adisa. The way he said is so I pitiful and funny at the same time. I've laughed so hard.

5 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by PointB: 12:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
Physicist:

Lol.

So pathetic.

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by lordofreal(m): 12:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
But ojukwu and your grandpa all tremble at the mention of Benjamin Adekunle ( black scorpion) because of the lesson he taught them during the civil war. Do you even know Tunde idiagbom buhari main brain is also a Yoruba man? Don't use two people to judge a while tribe .
Rahkman:
Trust me if he heard ojukwu ifeajuna or nzeogwu is planning coup he would have shited on his pants.....he knew the reason he used those names babangida didn't want to sound tribalistic by using tribes ,but we got the message grin

3 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by ElSudani: 12:24pm On Aug 07, 2023
EmperorCaesar:

Thats a diff case, All the soldiers were 90% Igbos, none of the victims were Igbo and even when Aguiyi became the head of state, he didnt bring his brothers "Coup Plotters" to judgement

Its a diff case entirely when u know that there are other brave Yoruba Soldiers like Obj and Black Scorpion who'd cause more wars for anyone yet trying to judge the entire Yoruba tribe on a docile Dipo Diya

If you are a professional soldier you may not be inclined to conduct a coup. That is not what soldiers are trained for.
Your bravery can only be measured through your profession conduct.
The bravery of Yoruba soldiers on the battlefield is not up for debate especially by those who were at the receiving end of it.
Almost 60 years on, some people are still crying over the spanking they got from those "cowardly" Yorubas.

5 Likes

Re: Origin Of False Statement Attributed To IBB About Yorubas Drumming For Wars. by AntiMarxist: 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
Phoen1X:
ANTIMARXIST ,make you explain more,..

Ohu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Ex-gov Bello Is Afraid Of Efcc! Tinubu, Faleke, Late Audu's Death & Vendetta / Area Boys Of Lagos and Ibadan In Action / Where Is The Jonathan We Elected?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.