Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). (15046 Views)

Nigeria Beat Argentina 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup) / FIFA Under Pressure To Hand Iran's World Cup Place To Ukraine. / Nigeria Vs Ecuador: FIFA Under 17 World Cup (3 - 2) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by dam2000(m): 9:04am On May 25, 2023
We r now asiwaju

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by isabi2lof: 9:08am On May 25, 2023
Congrats but these guys are +40 grin
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by Sucre6: 9:10am On May 25, 2023
DAVIDELUXED:
shocked. @ OP point of correction nigeria Beat Dominican 2-1 not 2-2

Also these boys don't look young at all.

If MIR certified their age to be under 20, then your opinion about their age isnt needed here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by Sangoamadioha1: 9:10am On May 25, 2023
N3TRAL:
Nigeria's over 25 football team beat Italy's under 20 football team 😂

Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

Next news please.

Can you prove it
It is surprising seeing this kind of comment from you as these kinds of behavior are what Obidients are known for.
As a responsible Nigerian you should get your facts right and not criticizing without proof just for likes.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by PNomsule: 9:14am On May 25, 2023
Our Nos 7. The Rilwanu Haliru Sarki guy is a born baller. He go worry for the tournament, abd plays like a maestro (Garnacho like). Overall, I like the agility and strength and belief the boys possess.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by PNomsule: 9:16am On May 25, 2023
N3TRAL:

Next news please.

Nothing different from what that Tiamiyu guy did to Nigerians hoping to Japa. You definitely do not have proof that they are what ages you perceive them to be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by sterlingD(m): 9:17am On May 25, 2023
Samunique:
Congrats to the guys !

It's just a pity that Nigerian national teams matches are no more worthy of Seun's nairaland front pages.

Can you believe that Nigeria has played two matches in the FIFA second best competition, Seun and his mods have not found it worthy enough to put the matches on the FP.

Nairaland is gone !!! undecided
Not just Nairaland even elsewhere there has really been not much publicity about this year's edition of this competition
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by virginchaser(m): 9:19am On May 25, 2023
Enddy50ty:
Since this Buhari’s regime Nigeria 🇳🇬 no dey win anything for sports again.
Not even our regular under 17 and 20 tournaments, see boxing Anthony Joshua lost all his titles, see Kamaru Usman lost back to back fights to the same person. Athletics, Blessing Okagbare got banned for almost 10 years, Devine Oduduru banned too..
The local league is in a state of “Ooh My God”.

Umph! Naration to soothe your write up. I still remember Ogun golden girl on track.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by naptu2: 9:21am On May 25, 2023
Enddy50ty:
Since this Buhari’s regime Nigeria 🇳🇬 no dey win anything for sports again.
Not even our regular under 17 and 20 tournaments, see boxing Anthony Joshua lost all his titles, see Kamaru Usman lost back to back fights to the same person. Athletics, Blessing Okagbare got banned for almost 10 years, Devine Oduduru banned too..
The local league is in a state of “Ooh My God”.

2015 Under 17 World Cup was won by Grand Bahama.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by ALABACONNECT(m): 9:25am On May 25, 2023
Nice one.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by MrAgbako: 9:27am On May 25, 2023
Itohan22:
Up golden eaglets. Nairalanders show.me some love and like my new DP
u dey likes? I wan buy market. How much?
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by Banter1(m): 9:29am On May 25, 2023
I played it.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by Felix6: 9:32am On May 25, 2023
But these guys different from every nigeria set of footballers I have seen. I do sometimes mistake them for another country.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by Felix6: 9:38am On May 25, 2023
But how have they qualified? Or is it three teams to qualify from each group? Italy has 3pts, plays Dominican later that is 6pts. Brazil has 3pts with lots of goals. And we are playing them. Should they get the result, it means 6pts for Nigeria, Italy and Brazil each. Which goal difference will now decide who goes through.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by Adakintroy: 9:40am On May 25, 2023
Samunique:
Congrats to the guys !

It's just a pity that Nigerian national teams matches are no more worthy of Seun's nairaland front pages.

Can you believe that Nigeria has played two matches in the FIFA second best competition, Seun and his mods have not found it worthy enough to put the matches on the FP.

Nairaland is gone !!! undecided

Modes response are to our interest in the real sense. We all seem to favor premiership, politics, and "look what this curvy girl wore topics".
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by iFESTAC680(m): 9:41am On May 25, 2023
N3TRAL:

Next news please.

Shay you don't watch television ni?
Or you can't confirm news??

But wait ooo, can't anything good come from Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by DimIsaac10(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2023
Under 20 abi. I no go talk.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by naturalwaves: 9:53am On May 25, 2023
I watched the game and I must say that the Nigerian team is not good enough. Nigerian young teams have lost that flair we used to know. Players lack flexibility. Long range passing is terrible( One of the most terrible I have seen ). Although we won, it is obvious that most of the players were selected through the back door.

I do not see this team going far.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by Kbidi: 9:54am On May 25, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Can you prove it
It is surprising seeing this kind of comment from you as these kinds of behavior are what Obidients are known for.
As a responsible Nigerian you should get your facts right and not criticizing without proof just for likes.

How did you know he is an obidient? Anyway am not in support of his opinion. It was very unintelligent.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by abescom: 9:58am On May 25, 2023
N3TRAL:

Next news please.
FIFA conducted MRI scans on the boys and they said they are under 20, we believe FIFA and responsible and reasonable scientist who made the MRI Scans and said it is accurate not some nobody type shitt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by DrSadikMagaji(m): 9:58am On May 25, 2023
That Haliru Sarki no. 7 is a joy to warch. very fast with absolute technical prowess, love see Benfica FC scouting him. Go boys.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by BRIMBRAM: 10:01am On May 25, 2023
Sucre6:

If MIR certified their age to be under 20, then your opinion about their age isnt needed here

Exactly!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by Sangoamadioha1: 10:01am On May 25, 2023
Kbidi:

How did you know he is an obidient? Anyway am not in support of his opinion. It was very unintelligent.

He is not an obidient, i said he is talking like an Obidient.
He actually makes reasonable comments here but this very comment is very unintelligent like you rightly said.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by wirinet(m): 10:08am On May 25, 2023
PNomsule:

Nothing different from what that Tiamiyu guy did to Nigerians hoping to Japa. You definitely do not have proof that they are what ages you perceive them to be.
Dem take lie swear for Nigerians? Na the lies we live through the decades that has converted every Nigerian youth to a japarian. Just research the educational background and social media profiles of those players, you will confirm that they are all lying about their age. I can bet that their educational background and social media profiles is as mysterious as your incoming president.

Do you want to tell me that you are not aware of the difference between football age and actual age in the Nigerian lexicon?
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by BaddestQueen(f): 10:16am On May 25, 2023
in the next few years, those Italian stars will be world class players in their respective clubs while only few will make it out of Europe in Nigeria team.
talk about poor management.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by foxxydude: 10:23am On May 25, 2023
Flying eagles GK is super talented 🔥

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by wirinet(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2023
BaddestQueen:
in the next few years, those Italian stars will be world class players in their respective clubs while only few will make it out of Europe in Nigeria team.
talk about poor management.
It's not only about poor management, it has more to do with age fraud. In a few years time our old players would have past their prime while their younger European counterparts are just entering theirs.

See Nigerias under 20 goal keeper Aniagboso Chijioke Kingsley that claims he is 19. I am sure he us nothing less than 25.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by correctguy101(m): 10:54am On May 25, 2023
wirinet:

It's not only about poor management, it has more to do with age fraud. In a few years time our old players would have past their prime while their younger European counterparts are just entering theirs.

See Nigerias under 20 goal keeper Aniagboso Chijioke Kingsley that claims he is 19. I am sure he us nothing less than 25.

grin

Ayam 16yrs old if this baba is 19
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by ManWater: 11:01am On May 25, 2023
diaspoAFRICANS:

Did you aor anybody imagined that Nigeria will deafeat Italy let only beqt the; 2 goals to 0? So i don't think there is anything like easier fixture.
Of course there is. Would you prefer to play against a team that topped the group or against a 3rd placed team?
Why do you think they don't pair group leaders in R16?

&it was not a shock that we beat Italy. Pre-tournament ratings are not usually a big factor in age-group competition.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by PNomsule: 11:03am On May 25, 2023
wirinet:

Do you want to tell me that you are not aware of the difference between football age and actual age in the Nigerian lexicon?

Does not necessarily apply to these lads. Except u don do the research come drop proof, it remains unnecessary allegations which I demand you desist from such profanity immediately my friend.
Re: Nigeria Beat Italy 2-0 (FIFA Under 20 World Cup). by PNomsule: 11:06am On May 25, 2023
naturalwaves:
I watched the game and I must say that the Nigerian team is not good enough. Nigerian young teams have lost that flair we used to know. Players lack flexibility. Long range passing is terrible( One of the most terrible I have seen ). Although we won, it is obvious that most of the players were selected through the back door.

I do not see this team going far.

Sad for you, they've scaled the first huddle into the next round. Tada grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Premier League: Semi Ajayi Helps West Brom End Chelsea’s 3-Month Unbeaten Run / Amodu: I Almost Turned Down Eagles Job / Mobile - SUREBET247.COM - Mobile Bonus Registration Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.