Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi (1909 Views)

Justice Peter Mallong Dies At 60 / May 29: I Can Hardly Cope With Pressure, Says Buhari / Supreme Court Sacks David Lyon, Orders Diri Duoye To Be Sworn In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by floret23(f): 8:06am On May 25, 2023
Candidate of the Labour Party (LP) during the 2023 presidential election, Peter Obi, has acknowledged that President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, could be sworn in as Nigeria’s next president come May 29.

The former Governor of Anambra State, however, has not given up on reclaiming his stolen mandate as he expressed confidence in getting justice in court even after Tinubu may have succeeded President Muhammadu Buhari.

Obi recalled how he reclaimed his mandate as Governor of Anambra State years ago from Chris Ngige (incumbent Minister of Labour and Employment of Nigeria), three years after he had been sworn in.

Naija News reports that Pre-trials at the Presidential Election Tribunal ended on Tuesday, while trial proper is slated to commence on Tuesday, May 30.

Petitioners have been given three weeks to present their case as opposed to the alleged seven weeks they asked for, beginning from May 30 to June 23.

Speaking, however, through his spokesperson, Diran Onifade, Obi cited multiple incidences where people were recalled after being sworn into office and expressed hope that the court will get him justice now or later.

“Ngige was governor of Anambra State for three years; when his election was found to be faulty, he was removed. Only of recently, Emeka Ihedioha in Imo was asked to vacate for Hope Uzodimma and on and on. So, it’s not a big deal. That’s not how the system works. Even though some people think someone will use executive powers to curtail the court and all. There are separation of powers in our system.

“When you go to court, you expect to get justice in court, and I have been citing examples of people who got justice in the Nigerian court system. We can’t just write them off. As for us, we trust them (the court) because our constitution doesn’t give us an option,”
Onifade told DailySun on Wednesday evening.
https://www./2023/05/25/tinubu-may-be-sworn-in-may-29-i-will-still-get-justice-peter-obi/?amp=1
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Bobloco: 8:08am On May 25, 2023
shocked
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by donbachi(m): 8:09am On May 25, 2023
They don't know

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Jubrilv(m): 8:09am On May 25, 2023
Story for the gods

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by floret23(f): 8:11am On May 25, 2023
Ngige was governor of Anambra State for three years; when his election was found to be faulty, he was removed. Only of recently, Emeka Ihedioha in Imo was asked to vacate for Hope Uzodimma and on and on. So, it’s not a big deal. That’s not how the system works. Even though some people think someone will use executive powers to curtail the court and all. There are separation of powers in our system.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by IVORY2009(m): 8:11am On May 25, 2023
Obi we know, Tinubu an illegal president

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Printerscanner: 8:12am On May 25, 2023
Day don break

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by IVORY2009(m): 8:14am On May 25, 2023
floret23:
Ngige was governor of Anambra State for three years; when his election was found to be faulty, he was removed. Only of recently, Emeka Ihedioha in Imo was asked to vacate for Hope Uzodimma and on and on. So, it’s not a big deal. That’s not how the system works. Even though some people think someone will use executive powers to curtail the court and all. There are separation of powers in our system.

Separation of powers does not work in Nigeria, till date the executive branch of govt still dictates to the judiciary, that is why Tinubu can just sit in his house and make a call to the Chief justice of the federation and tell him, how he wants the case to go.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by sonature1: 8:14am On May 25, 2023
I like the way Peter Obi speaks with confidence over this issue.

May God help him to get justice because Nigerians have suffered a lot.

Some are even so used to suffering so much so they think that suffering is a norm in this life.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Penguin2: 8:17am On May 25, 2023
Well, the good news is that Tinubu will be sacked by the Supreme Court tomorrow.

I’m sure that’s why INEC made sure Obi is not second so that he wouldn’t benefit from scenarios like this but he would still prove that he was above Atiku and get sworn in.

Obi, Tinubu and his Owambe Boys’ nightmare 😜

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Vinnie2000(m): 8:18am On May 25, 2023
True Talk from HE Peter Obi. smiley

With all the Preparation by the FG and backing of Gen Abdul-Salam and Sultan of Sokoto, Tinubu will be sworn in.

But he will NOT last as President. 😞

Either Osariemmen Osunbor or Yaradua Fate awaits him.
Or like Chris Ngige whom was Ousted by his Godfathers. 😔 😒

Tinubu will NOT last more than 9months! sad embarassed

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by favor914: 8:22am On May 25, 2023
floret23:
You narrated one side of your story to back a very weak argument, on the the other side of your story that you purportedly avoided, is that no president elect has been removed in the history of Nigeria, so stop deceiving yourself.

Judas Peter Gringory Obi, is a very useless shameless man.

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Dialpad: 8:26am On May 25, 2023
Be careful of this news website, they publish lots of bull shit stuff.
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by SAMUEL1947: 8:30am On May 25, 2023
Hey yah....who know like better thing. Your name has been recorded in the list of Nigeria presidential aspirants. U can't be president.👌 Am not seeing u.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Godwin4444: 8:30am On May 25, 2023
floret23:
in d history of Nigeria u don ever see president wey court comot?

Just dey play

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Tntsi: 8:34am On May 25, 2023
Tinubu will not be sworn in .

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by seunmsg(m): 8:35am On May 25, 2023
Penguin2:
Well, the good news is that Tinubu will be sacked by the Supreme Court tomorrow.

I’m sure that’s why INEC made sure Obi is not second so that he wouldn’t benefit from scenarios like this but he would still prove that he was above Atiku and get sworn in.

We will be here tomorrow to review thus your comment, hopefully.

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by LagosG: 8:42am On May 25, 2023
Such a naive guy.
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by BlackAdams007: 8:44am On May 25, 2023
Las las, The truth will prevail one day.
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by matrixme(m): 8:48am On May 25, 2023
If Tinubu is sacked my the supreme court tomorrow, quote me. I'll surrender my Nairaland password to you. Let's Corbet
Penguin2:

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by BlackAdams007: 8:49am On May 25, 2023
B
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by yemmight(m): 8:50am On May 25, 2023
Conceding small small.
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by iSense247: 8:52am On May 25, 2023
The former Governor of Anambra State, however, has not given up on reclaiming his stolen mandate as he expressed confidence in getting justice in court even after Tinubu may have succeeded President Muhammadu Buhari.
Drug Baron's presidency is a temporary one. It will be unexpectedly shortened. Peter Obi is coming.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by iSense247: 8:57am On May 25, 2023
Godwin4444:
in d history of Nigeria u don ever see president wey court comot?

Just dey play
There's always be first to everything. Ngige was the first Governor to be removed.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Godwin4444: 9:01am On May 25, 2023
iSense247:
There's always be first to everything. Ngige was the first Governor to be removed.
we are talking president not governor
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by citygarden(m): 9:03am On May 25, 2023
Another lamba to his mumu followers, from Tinubu will not be sworn into you will claim your mandate after sworn in. What I love about this pandora is that he knows how to press the mumu button of his Obidient.
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by iSense247: 9:06am On May 25, 2023
Godwin4444:
we are talking president not governor
Tinubu will be the first president to be removed. A new Nigeria is POssible.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Godwin4444: 9:08am On May 25, 2023
iSense247:
Tinubu will be the first president to be removed. A new Nigeria is POssible.
no need to argue with people like u

When will trump come n conduct referendum in Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by Karlifate: 9:09am On May 25, 2023
The higher you move up any hierarchy, the more rules you can break.

At the apex, the rules are not broken, they are made.

Plan, scheme, connive & strategize. Then be patient, and watch closely — yourself & others.

Every move counts.

Find your hierarchy.
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by iSense247: 9:10am On May 25, 2023
Godwin4444:
no need to argue with people like u

When will trump come n conduct referendum in Nigeria?
Why do you want Trump come n conduct referendum in Nigeria?
Re: Tinubu May Be Sworn-in May 29, I Will Still Get Justice – Peter Obi by blessgreg: 9:11am On May 25, 2023
Oga Peter, go rest abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Some Enugu Indigenes Aren't Regarded As 'core' Ibos - The Ogalla Connection. / Tinubu Tenders Chicago State University Academic Records At The Tribunal / David Hundeyin: Tinubu Supporters Crying, Begging Me To Join Obi Twitter Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.