Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,214 members, 7,867,526 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

Our System Has Collapse- Gej - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our System Has Collapse- Gej (2568 Views)

AMCON, Capital Oil’s Talks Collapse / Another Fuel Hike ‘ll Collapse Your Govt, NLC Warns Jonathan. / Without PDP Democracy In Nigeria Will Collapse – GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2011
nagoma:

The more often my President opens his mouth to address me the more certain I am that he is becoming despondent, muddle-headed and lonely. This is pathetic and cannot be the fresh air we were promised.

Lol
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by nduchucks: 6:56pm On Sep 28, 2011
Very few of Nigeria’s former military leaders are spoken of with any great affection.  There is on notable exception: General Murtala Muhammed, a man who was recently vilified by NL youths who are ignorant .  The time of his regime is recalled with nostalgia by Nigerians of both civilian and military persuasions as a golden age.   Murtala gave Nigeria a glimpse of the principled and dynamic leadership that its citizens crave. He would appear at ministries unannounced and sack employees including ministers who were not on sit at 8am.  After sacking a couple of Ministers, the rest of them sat up and actually began workint.

GEJ may want to set an example by sacking a few DGs and ministers found to be lacking as GEJ himself admits. The Presidency is powerful enough to cause a dramatic change in the attitudes of these DGs and ministers who only know how to steal from their ministries year in year out!
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by oderemo(m): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2011
I want to reassure all Nigerians that the pledges which we had made to improve the socio-economic situation which we face through improved access to electricity, water, education, health facilities and other social amenities would continue to be given the needed emphasis. The welfare of our teeming workers and the unemployed youths would also be accorded a new impetus
Nigeria: President Goodluck Jonathan’s Inaugural Speech.
i guess word is cheap.
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by peckhamboi: 7:17pm On Sep 28, 2011
President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I beg you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, please just honourably resign or at least call a Sovereign National Conference .

It is obvious this job is above your pay grade. I have never seen Nigeria so directionless like this in my whole life.
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by Beaf: 7:26pm On Sep 28, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Very few of Nigeria’s former military leaders are spoken of with any great affection.  There is on notable exception: General Murtala Muhammed, a man who was recently vilified by NL youths who are ignorant .  The time of his regime is recalled with nostalgia by Nigerians of both civilian and military persuasions as a golden age.   Murtala gave Nigeria a glimpse of the principled and dynamic leadership that its citizens crave. He would appear at ministries unannounced and sack employees including ministers who were not on sit at 8am.  After sacking a couple of Ministers, the rest of them sat up and actually began workint.

GEJ may want to set an example by sacking a few DGs and ministers found to be lacking as GEJ himself admits. The Presidency is powerful enough to cause a dramatic change in the attitudes of these DGs and ministers who only know how to steal from their ministries year in year out!  

The military messed Nigeria up and Murtala will always be remembered more for the massacre of all males above 10 in Asaba, Delta state during the civil war than for sacking DG's.
Murtala ran a dictatorship. In any event, the ministries are not the fundamental problem with Nigeria. Our problems are societal and structural.

The societal problems are to do with breakdown of communal relations, morality, responsibility, patriotism and out of despondency a tendency toward crime and extreme religion (Christian, Muslim and Okija / Jankara brands). These things can only be addressed by the strengthening of our institutions as GEJ has correctly concluded, they cannot be beaten into people or helped by the sacking of DG's. In fact, it is because we have been a militarised and deeply abused people used to the degrading shock tactics of past military dictators that we instinctively reach back to them, because thats all we know. Well, that is wrong, no developed country is run with brute force (not even China), it is always soft power. A nations success is built on the quality of its people and dictated by the strength of its institutions.

Our other problem is structural, again it cannot be solved by applying mere plasters with the sacking of DG's. It can only be solved with a National Conference and GEJ has got Anyim working on that.
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by nduchucks: 7:33pm On Sep 28, 2011
Beaf:

The military messed Nigeria up and Murtala will always be remembered more for the massacre of all males above 10 in Asaba, Delta state during the civil war than for sacking DG's.
Murtala ran a dictatorship. In any event, the ministries are not the fundamental problem with Nigeria. Our problems are societal and structural.

The societal problems are to do with breakdown of communal relations, morality, responsibility, patriotism and out of despondency a tendency toward crime and extreme religion (Christian, Muslim and Okija / Jankara brands). These things can only be addressed by the strengthening of our institutions as GEJ has correctly concluded, they cannot be beaten into people or helped by the sacking of DG's. In fact, it is because we have been a militarised and deeply abused people used to the degrading shock tactics of past military dictators that we instinctively reach back to them, because thats all we know. Well, that is wrong, no developed country is run with brute force (not even China), it is always soft power. A nations success is built on the quality of its people and dictated by the strength of its institutions.

Our other problem is structural, again it cannot be solved by applying mere plasters with the sacking of DG's. It can only be solved with a National Conference and GEJ has got Anyim working on that.

I will ignore your attempt to rewrite history with your Asaba reference and misinformation. I hope you are right about the national conference bit, time will tell sha.
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by Fhemmmy: 7:41pm On Sep 28, 2011
ndu_chucks:

We will wait till that happen first . . .
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by Dede1(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2011
It is only redundant fool who does not know Nigeria is a rubbish heap of manure. I have not stopped refereeing to Nigeria as a jungle for a reason. Nigeria’s problem is multidimensional. Attempts devoid of sound fundamental approach to solving the problems created by Nigerians are waste of time. Truly speaking, I hope for total disintegration of Nigeria which should allow for carefully negotiated co-existence among neighbors.
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by Beaf: 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I will ignore your attempt to rewrite history with your Asaba reference and misinformation. I hope you are right about the national conference bit, time will tell sha.

Everyone knows about the massacre of males 10 and above in Asaba by Murtala Muhammed.
About the National Conference, I might not be entirely correct. Here are GEJ's exact words on that:

GEJ: “Yes, of course, I support that Nigerians must discuss and Nigerians have been discussing. I have asked the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF) to collate the reports of past national conferences. The ones that are not conclusive are few. We are going to set up a committee. We are discussing to package the reports and take them to the National Assembly. But areas that seemed controversial, we will look at them.”

I would expect Nigerians to push for everything from the Aburi Accord to PRONACO to be included. From GEJ's words, breakup is excluded from discussion.
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by Dede1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 28, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Very few of Nigeria’s former military leaders are spoken of with any great affection.  There is on notable exception: General Murtala Muhammed, a man who was recently vilified by NL youths who are ignorant .  The time of his regime is recalled with nostalgia by Nigerians of both civilian and military persuasions as a golden age.   Murtala gave Nigeria a glimpse of the principled and dynamic leadership that its citizens crave. He would appear at ministries unannounced and sack employees including ministers who were not on sit at 8am.  After sacking a couple of Ministers, the rest of them sat up and actually began workint.

Please quit conjuring the name of Murtala Mohammed when vital issue about Nigeria is being deliberated. The approach you cited is a zombie method that breeds stupidity instead of dynamism. We need to formulate a system that will empower the people to love their jobs and engender willingness to perform beyond required expectations. I honestly agreed Nigeria’s terminal problems are societal and structural as pointed out by Beaf. We must bring equity to the fore and create sense of patriotism by erasing any remote scare left by the civil war, if possible.
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by EkoIle1: 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2011
This man is waste of time and tax payers money. Why is he the president of Nigeria? What are we paying if his only responsibility is to sit on his hands and insult us every day for asking the dumbest public official in the world to lead us?
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by dayokanu(m): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2011
Beaf:

Pity is all you can do, but intelligence and morals are what you lack. Go on calling for the "strong leaders" that wrecked the country and tell us your head is screwed on right. Rubbish.

Persin mention strong leaders, Retardeen dey hide for latrine.

Bros you wan wounjure small pekin like me oooo

How we wan take do this Retardeen Jonathan now

Laff dey dabaru small pekin for hia ooo

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by okunboy: 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2011
You pple dnt understand. This man wants an auto-piloted nation, where everything works automatically. He will jst sit @ aso-rock, cross-legged, with glass of wine in his right hand, and a cuban cigar in his mouth puffing and relaxing, answering Mr. President and C in C doing nothing n yet expecting lot of things! Mr. Jonah! Mr. Jonah!!, Mr. Jonah!!!, how many times did I called u? Any nation that will work dat way will require no president!
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by Kobojunkie: 11:33pm On Sep 28, 2011
okunboy:

You pple dnt understand. [size=13pt]This man wants an auto-piloted nation, where everything works automatically.[/size] He will jst sit @ aso-rock, cross-legged, with glass of wine in his right hand, and a cuban cigar in his mouth puffing and relaxing, answering Mr. President and C in C doing nothing n yet expecting lot of things! Mr. Jonah! Mr. Jonah!!, Mr. Jonah!!!, how many times did I called u? Any nation that will work dat way will require no president!

You dey mind the man? I no blame am -- na the people wey vote am in I go blame. grin grin grin
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by olawalebabs(m): 4:33am On Sep 29, 2011
It's only in nigeria that a person will confess that the situation is beyond him, yet some people will still continue to defend him.
Re: Our System Has Collapse- Gej by kunlekunle: 5:51am On Sep 29, 2011
he's just like a farmer that wishes to be a pastor that saw a sign in the sky GOP.
he translated it to mean Go On Preaching, after few years no result in his ministry and was wandering.
then he saw another sign with clarity GOP go on ploughing
uncle GEJ go back to your profession

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate, House Committees Disagree On Oil Benchmark / The World's Most Honest City: Lost Wallet Experiment Reveals / How Buhari Toppled Shagari's Govt In 1983, By Tanko Yakassai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.