Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,374 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

“time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency (1111 Views)

Umahi Steps Down And Endorses Akpabio For Senate President (Video) / Video Of Governor Ganduje Endorsing Akpabio For Senate Presidency / Joi Nunieh: I Slapped Akpabio For Sexually Harassing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by Cruztvblog: 10:55am On May 25, 2023
Governor of Rivers State,Nyesom Wike has declared his total support for the ambition of Senator Godswill Akpabio for the office of the Senate President of the 10th National Assembly.

“This is the time for me to support him because he supported me when I wanted to be the governor of River State,” Wike said.

Wike said this when he received members of the Stability Group, a group of Senators-elect, rooting for the emergence of Akpabio, led by its Director General, Senator Ali Ndume.

“If truly we want this country to move forward from where we are today, I see nothing wrong in the ruling party picking who it thinks can work with the President-elect as the Senate President of the 10th Assembly. On this Akpabio and Barau project we are together to make sure they win.

“Akpabio supported me during my governorship ambition. He stood by me all through and ensured that I won. I don’t pay back good with evil. This is pay back time for him. I will stand by him until he emerges the next Senate President. Our team would soon meet to take a position on your aspirations, he said.

“Don’t be worried or disturbed with the contending forces against your aspiration, it is normal in politics. Power is not given on a platter, you fight for it. I am impressed that despite your endorsement by your party and the President-elect, you are still consulting your colleagues. That is the way it should be.

“Let us be fair to this country. If we continue this way, Nigeria will not succeed. Don’t waiver stay firm and you will win at the end of the day,” he stressed.

In his response, the Senate Presidential hopeful, Senator Godswill Akpabio, thanked Governor Wike for his support for his aspiration to emerge the next Senate President.

“Let me congratulate you for ending your tenure as the governor of River State on the high. You have done well for your people and Nigerians. History would be kind to you as you exit office in the next few days. You believe in justice, equity and fairness and that is what Nigerians know you for,” Akpabio said.

Ndume had earlier described Wike as a man of his words and very reliable. See more posts [url] https://cruztvblognaija.com.ng/2023/05/25/time-for-payback-wike-says-as-he-backs-akpabio-for-senate-presidency/[/url]

Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by sonature1: 10:56am On May 25, 2023
I hate politics but love development!

1 Like

Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by thaoriginator: 11:02am On May 25, 2023
cry cry
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by Rebelutionary: 11:03am On May 25, 2023
sonature1:
I hate politics but love development!
In our world today you can hardly divorce the two!
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by OloyeVIII: 11:09am On May 25, 2023
Old Thug..
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by mrvitalis(m): 11:11am On May 25, 2023
Same akpabio u insulted at the commissioning of nddc project ?

Wike think say he smart
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by kingsways: 11:13am On May 25, 2023
Very selfish
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by Parachoko: 11:14am On May 25, 2023
Akpabio is the next Senate President
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by plumcomm: 11:16am On May 25, 2023
Wike dey form strategist.,I see his pdp fraction collapse for APC.

1 Like

Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by Felabrity: 11:29am On May 25, 2023
Two criminals backing each other
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by yarimo(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2023
Well said governer WIKE, apkabio is next president of the Senate
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by Prince111111: 11:57am On May 25, 2023
Who no know say na other way you will go before..mumu Man
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by Koralords: 12:56pm On May 25, 2023
Wicked wike minister of defense or interior
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by Flick490(m): 1:06pm On May 25, 2023
Wike , you're just a foolish and senseless Governor. I'm not against the candidacy of Akpabio for senate presidency but you wike cannot impose him on your followers. If he supported you in your gubernatorial ambition, carry your wife and children to go and greet him and stop preaching to us about supporting him. Politicians are selfish and greedy specie of human beings
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by GeneralPula: 1:19pm On May 25, 2023
Good one..

Godswill is the will of God..
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by citygarden(m): 2:02pm On May 25, 2023
Wike the wicked one. He knows how to praise when he is on the same page with you, and he also knows how to give wotowoto when they fall apart. That is why I no dey rate any Nigerian politicians. Self-interest is their core value.
Re: “time For Payback” Wike Says As He Backs Akpabio For Senate Presidency by Cantonese: 2:21pm On May 25, 2023
Wike bye bye!

On the 29th, he will be driven to his preferred location, where he calls his home. Because he will have enough security details, he will feel as if he is still in power.

He will wake up on the 30th to find out that there is no more Chief of staff; no more state executive council meeting; no more commissioners to command; no more LG chairmen and kings to command; no Rotimi Amaechi to yell at with power; no political opponent to threaten with power; nobody’s property to seize or destroy with political power, etc. By the morning of the 30th of May, 2023, he will be naked with no power to hire and fire at will. His threats will amount to nothing and he will become very vulnerable. He will start using the famous words “WHEN I WAS IN POWER”. His stooge may rise up against him, disappoint or fail him completely.

For me Wike lost a lot of respect. He became an embodiment of power drunkenness. In claiming to defend others, he simply showed that he was wholely on self preservation. He simply was fighting for his own survival. He could have taken one of the senate seats if he wanted, but his error of judgement with the presidency beclouded his political sense of reasoning.

Nigerians must be careful with such enfant terrible leaders. We should only vote for leaders who aside from making our societies better, also ensure that there is absolute peace among the people.

(1) (Reply)

I Regret Voting For Tinubu / Youth Stage Protest Against Bobrisky In Benin, Edo State. / Former Pres Olusegun Obasanjo is an Igbo man from Anambra says Sen Anthony ade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.