Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive (14320 Views)

Let’s Laugh Together And Also Learn From My Funny Experience / What Are Your Funny Experiences Teaching A Woman How To Drive A Car? / If You Have Kids In Your Compound, Don’t Be In A Hurry To Drive Out (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Okpokpo09: 8:23pm On May 25, 2023
turmacs:
My own case is that I was the one being taught how to drive. I begged my boyfriend to teach me how to drive for ages. Until one day he decided to have faith in me and teach, that was the first time and almost the last time I would enter the driving seat of a car grin long story short, I ended up ramming his rear bumper into another parked car. He had to pay for both his damaged car and the other person's. Omo, he did not talk to me almost 2 weeks grin any food I cook he will tell me he doesn't have appetite. Only me know what I went through that period before he got over it grin
Did you finally end up with this boyfriend of yours. I’m much interested in knowing how it ended
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by turmacs(f): 8:26pm On May 25, 2023
Okpokpo09:
Did you finally end up with this boyfriend of yours. I’m much interested in knowing how it ended
We're still together and I now know how to drive.

1 Like

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by dominique(f): 8:37pm On May 25, 2023
Those driving schools are scams, you spend waste 3 weeks, spend thousands of naira yet you learn next to nothing. The driving school i went to followed a single route, never braced me for the rugged driving that driving in Lagos entails. Just one straight road, turn and go back. After 3 weeks i couldn't even confidently move the car down the road. My husband tried teaching me but it ended up a disaster. It was much later when he suggested that an area mechanic that sometimes work on his car should come and teach me that truly helped me master the driving. It was cheaper than driving school and we covered more areas within 2 weeks. Every day was a different route unlike the monotonous one route that the driving school put me through. If you want to successfully master driving in Lagos, don't rely on any driving school, get a driving instructor and most importantly DON'T let your spouse teach you.

10 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by esemes256: 8:39pm On May 25, 2023
sammuell:

6 months?

Yes it took me that long to become confident to drive freely in the busy roads of Lagos such as 3rd mainland bridge and the likes.

2 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by esemes256: 8:44pm On May 25, 2023
dominique:
Those driving schools are scams, you spend waste 3 weeks, spend thousands of naira yet you learn next to nothing. The driving school i went to followed a single route, never braced me for the rugged driving that driving in Lagos entails. Just one straight road, turn and go back. After 3 weeks i couldn't even confidently move the car down the road. My husband tried teaching me but it ended up a disaster. It was much later when he suggested that an area mechanic that sometimes work on his car should come and teach me that truly helped me master the driving. It was cheaper than driving school and we covered more areas within 2 weeks. Every day was a different route unlike the monotonous one route that the driving school put me through. If you want to successfully master driving in Lagos, don't rely on any driving school, get a driving instructor and most importantly DON'T let your spouse teach you.

Very true on the driving school.

2 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by davillian(m): 8:45pm On May 25, 2023
Match break
This one fire full throttle enter fence

4 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by AfonjaConehead: 8:50pm On May 25, 2023
The Benin bitch almost turned the Toyota Camry up side down sha!!!

God saved us that day.. grin
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Oizee(f): 8:58pm On May 25, 2023
Jollos:

I noticed they always forget where brake is. U will tell them to apply brake before u no it zoooom motor we fly.
lol, when I was learning, I almost ended in a ditch, my instructor was busy saying match break match break, I remember telling him that I can't find my leg o.
It was a very frightening experience. I always laugh whenever I remember that particular episode.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Oizee(f): 9:03pm On May 25, 2023
RoadMozart:

Lol. You're right, that's when they'll start using their eyes to check where the pedal is
lol, but swear that you didn't act that way before you master the act of driving
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Hydriss(m): 9:11pm On May 25, 2023
I was actually a great teacher, the first person I thought how to drive actually drove us home on the first day. Not too distant but through busy roads and streets

1 Like

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Nazgul: 9:33pm On May 25, 2023
One of the major problem learners make when trying to reverse or pack that makes them hit another car or fall into a ditch is mistaking the gas pedal (accelerate) for brakes, I know this because I experienced the same problem when I was learning.

2 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by immortalmortal: 9:34pm On May 25, 2023
Summary is that we ended up having sex in the car on a lonely road
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Benwallt(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2023
I wasn't teaching this advanced man how to drive, he got hooked I was frustrated with his back and forth. So, I try telling him what to do but I got a stinger from him, as in he dazed my a hot slap with his left hand n told me he has been driving b4 I was born. After my eyes cleared, I came down and left him there

2 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by MASTERMIND04(m): 10:03pm On May 25, 2023
turmacs:
My own case is that I was the one being taught how to drive. I begged my boyfriend to teach me how to drive for ages. Until one day he decided to have faith in me and teach, that was the first time and almost the last time I would enter the driving seat of a car grin long story short, I ended up ramming his rear bumper into another parked car. He had to pay for both his damaged car and the other person's. Omo, he did not talk to me almost 2 weeks grin any food I cook he will tell me he doesn't have appetite. Only me know what I went through that period before he got over it grin
Lol.
That's why I don't like teaching people how to drive with my car.
I will rather give you money to go and learn in a driving school.
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by MASTERMIND04(m): 10:05pm On May 25, 2023
Oizee:
lol, when I was learning, I almost ended in a ditch, my instructor was busy saying match break match break, I remember telling him that I can't find my leg o.
It was a very frightening experience. I always laugh whenever I remember that particular episode.
grin grin grin
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by MASTERMIND04(m): 10:08pm On May 25, 2023
Moneywirer:
Seun don dey hustle hard o..... Google ads just dey pop up for FP anyhow these days.

I'll never forget how one lady tried to open the door and jump out while I was teaching her.
It was an automatic car, we were practicing on this field near their house. I instructed her on what to do, so we switched seats. The moment she turned on the ignition, and put the gear on D, the car moved forward, she mistook the accelerator for the brakes. Then the car was very close to some guys playing football on the field.....boom, her hands started reaching for the door grin

Well, She later learnt, now she drives from the East to the west.
Whenever I see her driving, I feel this sense of pride and joy that I taught her well.
grin grin grin
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by scholes23(m): 10:34pm On May 25, 2023
So I was teaching my friend how to drive an automatic car. We were moving and I heard a strange sound only for me to realise that he was driving the car or neutral that's why there was no gear selection. Secondly as we're moving I began to perceive smoke coming from the car and I asked why is your car smoking lo and behold something took my eyes to the pedals and I found out that he's been stepping on the accelerator and brake as the same time. As if that was not enough when it was time to pack baba just drive enter gutter and it really took us hours to remove the car, Honda for that matter.
All these happened in one day.

6 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Brownshoe: 12:15am On May 26, 2023
Laple0541:
Mine was when someone was teaching me how to drive and that someone was my wife.

We used to return home fighting everyday because she always talked to me like her student and as an African man, pride never allowed me to accept I was truly her student grin
what a man! SMH

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Onyi4live(m): 12:54am On May 26, 2023
[quote author=SMARTMOTORS post=123363852]Civil war don start for Aba oo!..very bloody

Wetin dey sup
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Dzzzz: 7:35am On May 26, 2023
I was teaching a friends wife when she suddenly bashed a car on the roadside..The owner came out and was yelling at me instead and later went to fight with his Neighbour who had several cars and each time they disturb him so he parked outside that day and then we came to bash him..I started laughing inside but didn’t show it cause I fit collect slap..He told us to go and kept dragging with his neighbour..

2 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by ojotobiloba1: 9:02am On May 26, 2023
tydi:
I'm a professional driver I can teach anyone who would want to learn how to drive at an almost free token.

I remember teaching my mom how to drive back then she would always leave the car at the middle of the road and ran out from the car whenever she sights any big tuck. The funny things is her husband drives one
Ur location
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Winneygirl(f): 9:21am On May 26, 2023
My first day at the driving school, the instructor just told me the basics, check this, check that, then started the vehicle and told me to come and sit in the driver seat. Na so o.
In my mind, this guy no dey fear. But we were able to drive to the field and started the learning process.
On return, motor go stop in front of dangote trailer at a roundabout... Thank God for other experienced drivers. Even the dangote truck stopped for me while I struggled to start the yeye vehicle. All the drivers around were just horning at me playfully and making comments about me being a learner.

2 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Winneygirl(f): 9:22am On May 26, 2023
scholes23:
So I was teaching my friend how to drive an automatic car. We were moving and I heard a strange sound only for me to realise that he was driving the car or neutral that's why there was no gear selection. Secondly as we're moving I began to perceive smoke coming from the car and I asked why is your car smoking lo and behold something took my eyes to the pedals and I found out that he's been stepping on the accelerator and brake as the same time. As if that was not enough when it was time to pack baba just drive enter gutter and it really took us hours to remove the car, Honda for that matter.
All these happened in one day.

I hope you expelled him.
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Georgejeez: 10:08am On May 26, 2023
Mine was terrible 😃, my friend is a mechanic apprentice and his Oga sells second hand cars , so when his oga and everyone closes for the day , I will come for him to use one of the cars to teach me without his master's approval .
There's one petrol station in front of the workshop , so I will be driving the Mazda Sienna like bus round the premises into the night everyday, one day after the normal tutorials, I was to park the vehicle close to an old fence separating the filling station and a compound containing a 2 storey building, I just can't explain how I lost concentration. Instead of stepping on brake , I stepped hard on the accelerator and boom the vehicle brought down the old fence and plunged into the compound .

My guy had to reverse the vehicle , the owner of the compound was one very old man who should be more than 75 , he screamed from upstairs and came downstairs with such speed that will make Raheem Sterling jealous, he spoke my language asking what happened, I explained in our tongue that it was an accident and mistake , Egbon refused and said his fence must be replaced .

Next day he met my friend and threatened to tell his boss if we don't fix his fence , he said he and his family are Jehovah Witnesses, whenever they properties are destroyed , they don't request for money but outright replacement .

Last last , I and my guys used one clean Prado jeep in his oga's workshop to go and buy blocks , cement and sand on a Sunday when no one will be around in the Workshop , built the fence back to its height , blocks and cement were still remaining, the old Shylock pleaded for we to just build the fence higher with them , na once we look am with bad eyes , carry the materials go fill up all the portholes for the workshop area.

Since then I no de like to de relate with Jehovah Witnesses cos of their extremism .

3 Likes

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by RoadMozart(m): 11:50am On May 26, 2023
Oizee:
lol, but swear that you didn't act that way before you master the act of driving
I swear. I learnt through YouTube and video games before the real act so I hadn't have issues when I started driving
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by RoadMozart(m): 12:07pm On May 26, 2023
dominique:
Very true about the driving school and spouse aspect.

My mum always felt my dad was impatient with her so there was always arguments until I taught her myself. She learnt from me cos I was more patient and I was always calm and respectful. She now drives well and even makes calls when driving like a pro

1 Like

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Caseless: 12:01am On May 27, 2023
turmacs:
grin grin grin
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Caseless: 12:03am On May 27, 2023
Laple0541:
Mine was when someone was teaching me how to drive and that someone was my wife.

We used to return home fighting everyday because she always talked to me like her student and as an African man, pride never allowed me to accept I was truly her student grin
grin grin

Na manual you for go learn...
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Caseless: 12:05am On May 27, 2023
Yankiss:
The guy after a few coaching assumed he was now master of the game. I gave him space to reverse the vhcl. He was looking back, so was I and I was instructing him to fire slowly. The vhcl remained stationary. When I looked down I saw his legs were on the break instead of accelerator. grin grin
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by Caseless: 5:25am On May 27, 2023
esemes256:
Currently teaching my wife.
Every new day of teaching seems like we are starting afresh. It's as if when she goes to bed, she forgets everything she has learnt.

I am patient with her though. I know she will break through with constant practice.

I myself learnt how to drive in 2021. For the first six months it looked like I will never master the skill of driving. Fast forward to 2023, I now drive interstate confidently.

What helped me was taking the initiative to learn alot of things myself, even watching YouTube videos and the likes.
I didn't learn how to drive, I just saw people drive and I took a car out. It was a bit patchy(The experience) , it was a busy day on the roads in my city and this led to an issue so didn't actually end well. An okada guy trying to be mad and I went for him and he escaped and I just picked a man selling garden eggs and threw him over a rail, the okada man I had targeted escaped. That was how I got into sh1t that day. I was arrested and the man was admitted at a military hospital. When I saw the problem caused by me that and the "talks" that day, I took a break from driving until I could buy my own car. Years later, when I was to resume driving or learning, I did with a manual rickety Golf 2 and from that back to automatic was like a play. Alhamdulillah... Like they say, the rest is history.
Re: Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive by yak(m): 4:45am On May 29, 2023
How much is driving school sef?
I'm thinking of going there to refresh my skills
Also, which is better between going to driving school before getting a car or buying car first before driving lessons?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toyota Recreates A Le Mans Car And Its Hybrid / What Song Makes You Drive Fast? / Rolls-Royce Corruption Probe Said To Expand To Nigeria Bribes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.