Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. (961 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Must Have Fire Extinguisher In Your Car / These Are Duties And Functions Of LASTMA, VIO And FRSC Officers - AutoReportNG / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by tomax026: 6:25pm On May 25, 2023
MY ORDEAL WITH FRSC OFFICERS: THEY SAID MY FIRE EXTINGUISHER WAS NOT THE RECOMMENDED ONE. THEY FINED ME N2000 AND THEY INSISTED THE N2000 MUST BE PAID IN CASH.

Last week Tuesday was a day I will never forget in a hurry. On my way to Offa from Ilorin,Kwara state, I met over 20 FRSC officers assisted by over 5 NSCDC officers before Ijagbo town, kwara state.

I was stopped and checked. All my papers and safety requirements were completed but they said my Fire extinguisher was not the recommended one. I was amazed.
Funnily, I have been using this Fire Extinguisher for over one and half years. At uncountable times, FRSC officers have stopped me in kwara state and other states but they never complained.
But on this day, I was arrested for it. I asked the officers the specifications of the recommended one, but they couldnt explain. I asked if it's the content, they couldn't talk. They only said they can explain with the physical picture of the recommended one.
They seized my car key, booked me and led me to their mobile court.

At the mobile court,I was not even allowed to talk before the Judge hammered me with N2000 fine. I begged the judge, that I have this Fire Extinguisher, it's now I was told it wasn't the recommended one, but he didn't accept too.
Dejectedly, I asked "how will I pay"? And they said "it must be in cash. They won't accept transfer".
Painfully, I didnt have upto N2000 cash. I kept wondering that the FRSC fine that I know is paid to FG TSA account through Remitta, but why must I suffer to look for cash here again. All Drivers they caught paid in cash on that day.
And sadly for us, the place was an outskirts of a town, no Bank and no POS. We begged them time without number, they neither accept Money Transfer nor free us. We suffered for over one hour before we saw someone who gave us N2000 cash, and I transferred to his Bank account. I paid them, I was then given clearance paper to collect my car key and we left the place.

So annoying and frustrating. But I have these 6 questions:

1. Is there any recommended fire extinguisher for cars in Nigeria, and if there is, why didnt FRSC specify it. And why didn't FRSC officers know how to explain it?

2. Why did SON( standard organisation of Nigeria) approved a car fire extinguisher that FRSC didn't recommend.

3. The FRSC fine that I know before is payable to TSA of Federal Government in Banks using Remita and co. Has the rule changed and why must we pay in Cash now? And will the cash collected be remitted to the FG ,since we were not given any receipt too.

4. Why didn't FRSC mobile court allow me to talk before hammering me with a fine? Or is there no fair hearing in their mobile court again?

5. The FG supports and promotes Caseless policy, why must I suffer to pay in cash to Government Officials doing Government work?

6. On Nov.10 2022, FRSC public education officer; Bisi Kazeem in a statement said the corps does not “permit the use of POS machines nor receive payment for fines of traffic offences on patrol points.”
Has the ruled changed, and must fine be paid on patrol points now, cos it was on the patrol point I was made to pay N2000 cash.

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by Namdeenero(m): 6:32pm On May 25, 2023
They were obviously on illegal duty
Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by tomax026: 6:35pm On May 25, 2023
And they are so much on the road..They even rented chairs and canopy
Namdeenero:
They were obviously on illegal duty
Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by JAYUK(m): 7:32pm On May 25, 2023
They are right,what you got isn't the acceptable one, there is one in solid iron body with a Guage and stopper,I think it's between 2kg or 3kg,it's colored red.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by decatalyst(m): 7:32pm On May 25, 2023
tomax026:
And they are so much on the road..They even rented chairs and canopy

They have to pay for those chairs and canopy.

There was a country!

A group of individuals just decide to do whatever they like because they know nothing will happen.

That's daylight "legal robbery" and it should be reported.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by tomax026: 10:47pm On May 25, 2023
Pls send me where they specify what you said now, and tell me the reason why, cos the content is still inside my own and it will quench fire when there is fire too.
JAYUK:
They are right,what you got isn't the acceptable one, there is one in solid iron body with a Guage and stopper,I think it's between 2kg or 3kg,it's colored red.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by tomax026: 10:47pm On May 25, 2023
Exactly, you are so correct
decatalyst:

They have to pay for those chairs and canopy.

There was a country!

A group of individuals just decide to do whatever they like because they know nothing will happen.

That's daylight "legal robbery" and it should be reported.
Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by lonelydora: 1:29am On May 26, 2023
I will be back to speak on this

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by nurey(m): 6:12am On May 26, 2023
They are thieves, they won't accept transfer in order to avoid tracing them.

Though not certain on the extinguisher brand sha whether it is the recommended or not.
Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by Angrygoat: 5:16pm On May 26, 2023
You want to use baygon insecticide to spray 2 plots of land against mosquitoes. U must be joking. Who sold u that 300 or 400ml extinguisher needs to be jailed. No shock say the extinguisher sef fit be water wey dey inside specially packaged by Igbos at onitsha. So if your engine catch fire,na that baygon u want use off am.u get luck say na just 2k

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by asamwababy: 10:42pm On May 26, 2023
OP, You have no conscience.

Can that rubbish you re holding put out a fire.

You did the wrong and instead of you to be remorseful you re kangarooing over the 2k you paid and you say our leader be the problem.

That is how you will use your foolishness to affect other innocent people and cause then havoc when simple extinguisher you re cutting corners.

Maybe you re not intelligent enough to know that rubbish you re holding is for Okada.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by Pickmycall: 11:49am On May 27, 2023
Which kind fire extinguisher be that?You get luck say no be lastma arrest you.
I hate lastma pass FRSC because their fine na premium.
Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by tomax026: 7:17pm On May 27, 2023
Just imagine how government officials are now doing
nurey:
They are thieves, they won't accept transfer in order to avoid tracing them.

Though not certain on the extinguisher brand sha whether it is the recommended or not.
Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by tomax026: 7:30pm On May 27, 2023
You are so funny, go to where vehicle fire extinguishers are sold you will see it..pls where did FRSC specify the required ones..so many FRSC officers have seen it in so many states and nobody complain...And why did SON Approved it ? Pls talk sensibly and with fact
Angrygoat:
You want to use baygon insecticide to spray 2 plots of land against mosquitoes. U must be joking. Who sold u that 300 or 400ml extinguisher needs to be jailed. No shock say the extinguisher sef fit be water wey dey inside specially packaged by Igbos at onitsha. So if your engine catch fire,na that baygon u want use off am.u get luck say na just 2k

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by tomax026: 7:32pm On May 27, 2023
So where is the specify one written and tell me the requirements?..or you are fool by common ones.?
Pickmycall:
Which kind fire extinguisher be that?You get luck say no be lastma arrest you.
I hate lastma pass FRSC because their fine na premium.
Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by tomax026: 7:36pm On May 27, 2023
You dont need to be a fool everytime you react to people...Tell me your own point and tell me why its not the recommended one, and proof it.. Not just foolish and careless talk. I have paid and i want to know if there is recommended one. And i want to know why i must pay fine in cash
asamwababy:
OP, You have no conscience.

Can that rubbish you re holding put out a fire.

You did the wrong and instead of you to be remorseful you re kangarooing over the 2k you paid and you say our leader be the problem.

That is how you will use your foolishness to affect other innocent people and cause then havoc when simple extinguisher you re cutting corners.

Maybe you re not intelligent enough to know that rubbish you re holding is for Okada.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by tomax026: 7:39pm On May 27, 2023
Mod, pls help move this to FP. So we will see more sensible comments. So we know the required fire extinguisher for cars if there is, and one wont be buying any car fire extinguisher again. We learn everyday...
And I will know why I must pay N2000 in cash

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by Pickmycall: 9:45pm On May 27, 2023
tomax026:
So where is the specify one written and tell me the requirements?..or you are fool by common ones.?
You are guilty and you are claiming to be right.yeye
Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by montumonami(m): 6:52am On May 28, 2023
The only wrong they did was not showing you the recommended fire extinguisher. You shouldn't be using this..
Re: My Ordeal With FRSC Officers On My Car Fire Extinguisher & Cash Payment As Fine. by Elsueno: 10:26pm On May 28, 2023
Next time, insist they bring the so called 'recommended' fire extinguisher from thier own vehicle and show you. Ur real fine was supposed to be N3k payable through remita if Ur fire extinguisher isn't up to 1kg

it has to be 1kg type either powdered or liquid type for normal cars

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

'03 Infiniti FX45 Or FX35? / Help Car Refuses To Start / Know Your Car: How Important Is An Anti-lock Braking System.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.