Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,363 members, 7,829,924 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain (1518 Views)

Idi Amin: A True African Hero Portrayed A Villain By Western Propaganda! / Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? / Chief Obafemi Awolowo: National Hero Or Villain? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by werepeLeri: 12:32pm On Sep 28, 2011
He is in the opposition, so, it is easy to play the opposition card. But is the man Tinubu a victim or a villain. Even if he is in the opposition, does that mean he shouldnt be tried? Is he bigger than the other ex governors? I am lost.

Take out politics, is Tinubu a saint or a thief.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by olawalebabs(m): 6:47am On Oct 03, 2011
He is a thief that is about to be turn to a hero by a clueless government
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 6:51am On Oct 03, 2011
olawalebab:

Do you mind telling us what he stole?
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by olawalebabs(m): 7:03am On Oct 03, 2011
According to the statement credited to Ribadu on the floor of the senate in 2006, he refers to Tinubu as "international chief" and he has more information at his disposal than i do
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 7:21am On Oct 03, 2011
olawalebab:

According to the statement credited to Ribadu on the floor of the senate in 2006, he refers to Tinubu as "international chief" and he has more information at his disposal than i do

I did not ask you for den say den say, you called the man a thief and for you to issue such compound statement, you must have some kind of convincing evidence and not what Ribadu said.

You are just another liar spewing lies and deception just to satisfy your own ignorance. Ribadu said Tinubu's case before him had international dimension, not your own ignorant bad bele take on what the malam said , and the international dimension was about the same foreign bank accounts, nothing about stealing.

Get your facts straight before going around with silly accusations.

Most importantly, too, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) must tell Nigerians what has happened to the case against Tinubu, which its former Chairman, Malam Nuhu Ribadu said had international dimension,' JFAN said in a statement, Saturday September 10.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201109121101.html
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by olawalebabs(m): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2011
We can't always share the same ideology all the time, you ask me for reference and i give you one, yet you call me bad belle, i know your type.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2011
olawalebab:

We can't always share the same ideology all the time, you ask me for reference and i give you one, yet you call me bad belle, i know your type.

We don't have to share the same ideology and I'm glad we don't because unlike you I don't lie. I asked you to show us what he stole because you call the man a thief, but instead, you lied and came up with what Ribadu didn't say.

Yes, I know your type too, you are a lair and you enjoy spewing baseless den say den say accusations that you can not prove.

Lying is evil.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by aljharem3: 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2011
tinubu is a villain. NO doubt about that

there are no oppositions against tinubu. The rule of law must prevail
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by olawalebabs(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2011
That's what i have been saying. Let the rule of law prevail, either he's been persecuted or not
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by aljharem3: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
olawalebab:

That's what i have been saying. Let the rule of law prevail, either he's been persecuted or not

don't mind eko ile and other ACN people on the site are just blind and can not sometimes use their common sense

if found innocent then very good.  It has taken nothing away from him
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by seanet02: 3:57pm On Oct 03, 2011
alj_harem:

don't mind eko ile and other ACN people on the site are just blind and can not sometimes use their common sense

if found innocent then very good. It will taken nothing away from him

when Jonathan dey appoint the Judges he like like Banana
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by SouthEast1: 4:31pm On Oct 03, 2011
Duh!!!! Of course he is a villain; a big, fat one.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
alj_harem:

if found innocent then very good.  It has taken nothing away from him

Have you ever asked yourself if there is any common sense in calling the man a criminal and a thief even thought you can not and wont tell us what he stole?

What can you show us to justify the many dirty things you've called the man?

Answer both questions and you'll see clearly who is lacking common sense.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2011
Eko Ile:

Do you mind telling us what he stole?

Never mind Tinubu,who can tell us what exactly IBB stole and why he is not in Jail. It seems everyone including you see his wealth as ill-gotten but can you prove it. If the proof lies with the court and for lack of evidence he bestrides the affairs of Lagos as ACN God-father. at least the Court of Public Opinion still matters does it not? or are you saying it does not anymore
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 5:21pm On Oct 03, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

Never mind Tinubu,who can tell us what exactly IBB stole and why he is not in Jail. It seems everyone including you see his wealth as ill-gotten but can you prove it. If the proof lies with the court and for lack of evidence he bestrides the affairs of Lagos as ACN God-father. at least the Court of Public Opinion still matters does it not? or are you saying it does not anymore

I did not lay any charges against IBB and if you feel like discussing and spreading whatever news about IBB, start your own thread about IBB.

This is not about IBB, this is about Tinubu. And about the rest of your post, they remain your own fact-less opinion which you are entitled to, I can not debate opinions, you are just not entitled to your own brand of facts.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by BigB11(m): 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
I keep telling you people that it's a total disrespect when you attempt to compare Tinubu to IBB. Can you point a figer to anything that belongs to IBB in this country or in any other countries?
Please stop comparing a mere hyena to a[b]LION[/b]. The difference is clear; It can not be missed or matched
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by BigB11(m): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2011
Is IBB imposing any of his children to contest for any position?
As bright as Maryam, did IBB ever try to force her into anybody's throat?
Have you ever heard of IBB smoking Marijuana?
Have you ever heard of IBB suffocating any governor or president?
Have you ever heard of IBB sleeping with anything that moves?

Please don't compare a LION to mere filthy hyena. They both live in a jungle, but they are not the same.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by Rhino5dm: 6:18pm On Oct 03, 2011
So, IBB is a saint?
Defending the self acclaimed evil genius shocked Bravo!
Big B1:

Is IBB imposing any of his children to contest for any position?
As bright as Maryam, did IBB ever try to force her into anybody's throat?
Have you ever heard of IBB smoking Marijuana?
Have you ever heard of IBB suffocating any governor or president?
Have you ever heard of IBB sleeping with anything that moves?

Please don't compare a LION to mere filthy hyena. They both live in a jungle, but they are not the same.

Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by boyt1: 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2011
If you ask  most lagosians  even within ACN  they will tell you that Tinubu is a thief and highly corrupt.
the people sympathizing with him now were  also aware of his worst atrocities and acts of money laundering, fraud and other financial crimes while he was a governor.
he should be tried like other corrupt politicians and if found guilty, should spend the rest of his miserable life in jail.
the yorubas have thousands of good and credible  leaders to take over the ACN leadership.
opposition leader is never above the law.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by cre88tivit: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2011
acn is a better and stronger party without tinubu.
many people did not vote acn during the presidential election mostly because tinubu's shenanigans contradicted everything ribadu and adeola stood for. so, many saw the combination of these 3 individuals as a fooLlish joke. for the first time, i'm starting to believe that tinubu's trouble lives within acn party. the number of acn loyal members that hope to see tinubu's down fall soon triple pdp members.
and for the record, fashola won the election only because of his name and great work. i.e, this victory had nothing to do with tinubu.
the money spent on tinubu's wife senatorial election tripled the money spent on fashola's reelection. this was so simply because tinubu lost his popularity among educated lagosians and had to buy votes fight extral hard. in fact, at one point during the election period, all the election posters of bola tinubu were intentionally placed next to fashola's reelection posters. this system was designed for fashola's blessing to rub onto tinubu's wife. now, who is the man in lagos?
it is a matter of time, tinubu's time is not too far. let us wait and see.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by cre88tivit: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2011
I keep telling you people that it's a total disrespect when you attempt to compare Tinubu to IBB. Can you point a figer to anything that belongs to IBB in this country or in any other countries?
Please stop comparing a mere hyena to aLION. The difference is clear; It can not be missed or matched
ibb too has his faults, but he is still a leader. tinubu is an areaboy who has a bit too much in his mouth to chew. with time he will vomit all he swallowed for the past 12 years.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2011
cre88tivit:

acn is a better and stronger party without tinubu.

But the same ACN cleared the whole of SW under Tinubu's leadership, Tinubu was the face of ACN, he was and still is the front man. The fact that you know how to lie doesn't t mean you have to lie and be dishonest all the time.

Btw, what's better than winning the whole of the SW? Please tell us.

the money spent on tinubu's wife senatorial election tripled the money spent on fashola's reelection.

You know this because you were in charge of ACN's funds?

Are you in possession of their financial records?

Are you Remi or Bola Tinubu's personal assistant?

Again, just because you know how to lie doesn't mean you have to lie all the time. Stop spewing rubbish that you can not prove, save your lies for your NL dummies.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by idnole4(m): 7:38pm On Oct 03, 2011
Why are people not talking about how much he has in those alleged accounts? I read some of those accounts belongs to his children, so are we saying his children must not have accounts oversea? Isn't most of his children schooled and worked abroad? Did Tinubu has/ not has property abroad before being elected as governor? I just don't get this, someone please inform me.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2011
id-nole4:

Why are people not talking about how much he has in those alleged accounts? I read some of those accounts belongs to his children, so are we saying his children must not have accounts oversea? Isn't most of his children schooled and worked abroad? Did Tinubu has/ not has property abroad before being elected as governor? I just don't get this, someone please inform me.

I don't even get the bank account thing. It was a dumb law to start with. You don't have to get people to disclose bank accounts or get rid of their bank accounts just because they are public officials, it really doesn't matter because it's very easy with all the financial forensic tools available to even the incompetent EFCC to trace the last kobo to any financial institution in the world today.

The fact is, some people's idea of corruption and stealing is very warped. You called a man a thief, but you can not tell us what he stole and how much he stole.

Unlike many Nigerian public officials, you can not tell us that some money was missing under his watch as a public official

You can not tell us that because he was the former governor of a state, he has no rights to make a living as a business man or a business owner.

Is it a crime to own a business and make a living in Nigeria? Of course not, but it's a whole different ball game if one day it was revealed that he stole from his people, but till then, this is nothing but mindless stupidity and misplaced anger and priority.

The same corrupt people are letting the real looters settle and walk away free with tax payers money, but these dummies are here losing sleep over some BS distraction. What a messed up country,
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by olawalebabs(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2011
No body is saying Tinubu is guilty,atleast in the eyes of the law,he is presumed inocent until proven guilty
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by idnole4(m): 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
id-nole4:

these are just my points, its politics of bitterness being played in nija.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by dayokanu(m): 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2011
If not for Tinubus "corruption" there wont be a Fashola, Maybe the governor of Lagos would be Obanikoro.

And that law about foreign account is a very daft law.

To me Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is a victim
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2011
olawalebab:

No body is saying Tinubu is guilty,atleast in the eyes of the law,he is presumed inocent until proven guilty

olawalebab:

You are saying Tinubu is not guilty in the eyes of the law and he's presumed innocent till proven guilty, but you still managed to confirm his guilt by calling him a thief.

Are you bi-polar or you just don't read what you type before posting?
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by olawalebabs(m): 8:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
Get it clear, in the eye of the law, he's not guilty. To me he is. And i have provided for you a good authority to back up myself what else do you want. Though the govt might be doing that out of bad faith.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2011
olawalebab:

Get it clear, in the eye of the law, he's not guilty. To me he is. And i have provided for you a good authority to back up myself what else do you want. Though the govt might be doing that out of bad faith.

1. Why is he guilty to you, it's not reasonable and rational to call the man a thief without any knowledge about what he stole?

2. If you can not show us what he stole, then he is not a thief and it means you on the other hand is a lair and you are willing to trash people for no reason and that's even worse.

3. You did not provide me with anything, what you provided was an other lie and dishonest reason to justify you other lie. Ribadu said Tinubu's case had international dimension because of the foreign ban accounts, never called anybody an international thief and if you have any link to prove otherwise, then it was another lie on your part.

4. Ribadu couldn't have said that and this is common sense, you just posted that Tinubu is innocent till proven guilty and he's innocent before the eyes of the law, so in what eyes of the law was Ribadu looking at when he convicted Tinubu and called him a thief?

You see how dangerously faulty you sound.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by Depilot(m): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2011
many people did not vote acn during the presidential election mostly because tinubu's shenanigans contradicted everything ribadu and adeola stood for. so, many saw the combination of these 3 individuals as a fooLlish joke.
You hit the nail on the head.
As much as I admired Adeola and liked Ribadu, I think their decision to join hands with Tinubu during the last presidential election was a total miscalculated move. Many like myself couldn't believe it. These dual did very poorly not because of anything else but because of the contradiction that came alive between the 3 men, Adeola, Ribadu and Tinubu.
I think the move has also damaged Adeola's and Ribadu's reputation; both of them are mostly seen as desperate for power and totally unserious.
Good name is better than stolen diamond and gold.

Tinubu in America will be kept away from human beings for a very long time. This is why these corrupt leaders prefer Nigeria to stay the same; this is all they know, they can not function anywhere else.
Re: Tinubu: A Victim Or A Villain by EkoIle1: 12:57am On Oct 04, 2011
Depilot:

Tinubu in America will be kept away from human beings for a very long time. This is why these corrupt leaders prefer Nigeria to stay the same; this is all they know, they can not function anywhere else.

Unfortunately for a cave ignorant man like you, they don't put people in jail based on lies and baseless accusations in America, you have to show your investigated evidence, something you and the rest of your olodo crew are too incompetent to do.

In the same America, they sue people like you for libel and make you pay dearly for your idiocy and baseless accusations.

Shut your mouth about America, obviously you don't anything about America, keep your madness in Nigeria.

You see how dumb you are again?

You people are a sad reflection of the dark and backward side of Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria's Political Website / Boko Haram In Damaturu Again / ACF Protests Nuc’s Scholarship List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.