Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? (3616 Views)

Poll: Mallam Ribadu: True Nigerian Hero or Villian in disguise?

He is a true hero: 73% (65 votes)
Villian in disguise: 26% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too / President Jonathan; A Villain Or A Hero? / Madam Ayoka Adebayo - Villain Or Heroine? (2) (3) (4)

Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by goldgemini: 9:16pm On Jan 13, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain or a Hero?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by vigasimple(m): 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2008
Like every human being not perfect but nonetheless A SUPER HERO.

He has laid a foundation that put fears in the executhieves. someone will come and take on the other people that he cannot prosecute or he is unable.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by goldgemini: 3:13pm On Jan 17, 2008
I think the sending of Ribadu by the Federal Government in not timing; Iyabo Obasanjo Mrs Akinlawon's Case, Ibori (DElta), etc. He can be assasinated there. Let us pray. IN JESUS NAME, (Amen)
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by nigeria1: 3:19pm On Jan 17, 2008
No comment, Just watch Naija Television Live on http://Nigeria ONE.com we are running live
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by chihills: 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2008
Malam Nuhu Ribadu is NOT a HERO. He is just a popert of a cult who used him as their chief executioner. n becos nigerians wants dis person dealt with nigerians feel he is cool. NUHU is a GOOD n HUMBLE cool SERVANT cool
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Joey82(m): 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2008
4 now, i'm indifferent,
still searching for facts
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by tufe(m): 3:51pm On Jan 17, 2008
hero
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by nigeria1: 3:58pm On Jan 17, 2008
are you watching, tell me if you can see the picture very well. I can see from inside the network. watch Naija Television Live on http://nigeriaONE.com/smf/index.php/topic,7593.0.html we are running live
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by crazyT(m): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2008
To me the man is a hero and his name should and will be written in Gold now and in the near future
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by astronp7(m): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2008
He has tried. Though not perfect but definitely, he did fine. Compare him with those that we term good but never voiced their opposition to a system they don't like.

He fall into my top twenty good public officers from 1999 - 2007. Though their are very few that merit this list.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by fakande(m): 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2008
Nuhu Ribadu is neither a hero nor a villain. He was just a guy who had a job to do and did it to the best of his employer's ability grin grin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by TawaTemi1(f): 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2008
Has it been heared in the history of governance in this country for top officials such as governors, ministers,Banks,Agencies,Senators, etc to be prosecuted / arraigned because of public fund?

Lets give kudos to this man for even prosecuting the former Inspector General of police, Alams,wabara, etc

You may say they are Obasanjo's enemies but still lets look at the common man side of view, anybody found corrupt should be prosecuted.

Some governors case are still in court.

Who dare in the 70's, 80's & 90's do that?

Mind you, the Americans, Britiains and some other foreign countries are watching as we battle corrupt citizens in this country with keen interests.

Not to talk of some African countries!

The man has really tried for this country, atleast we can see that nobody is above the law.
The journey of a 1000 mile starts with a step.
The man has laid a good foundation for others to follow.

He really needs to be commended after much threats, he still moved ahead to prosecute the ever powerful governors.

Last year some said he didnt prosecute Ibori and Igbinedion, that he has been bought over, now, he has done that with several charges, they are saying something else.

Lets support this man (if he ever comes back to EFCC sha!) to wipe out the corrupt officers. Atleast he started from the top, then those that are below will buckle up.We(most) are all scared / think of EFCC now before we do things that will implicate us.

Left to me, the man is a HERO and should be commended.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by lanresco15(m): 4:45pm On Jan 17, 2008
He is a true hero, he's gud, wicked minds dont like gud things
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by twinstaiye(m): 5:24pm On Jan 17, 2008
No matter the misdemeanor of Ribadu, I still regard him as one of the finest public servant. The man tried. Truth is, in Naija, there is no way you and me can serve this country that you wont ever regret doing so. Tell me who had been a public servant and ended up a saint man in Naija, None I think. Kudos Ribadu for a job well done, you cant satisfy everyone's yardstick of a good man.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by dayokanu(m): 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2008
Has it been heared in the history of governance in this country for top officials such as governors, ministers,Banks,Agencies,Senators, etc to be prosecuted / arraigned because of public fund?

Do you know about the failed bank tribunal by Abacha? The guy was just serving his master OBJ so he is neither a hero nor a villain. to OBJ and his cohort like Tony Anenih, Bode george, Iyabo OBJ e.t.c he is a good servant and a hero, to the average Nigerian he is neither.

To me he is a villain
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by nairaland1: 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2008
THE NAIRALAND MAGAZINEmallam nuhu ribadu did his best in the circumstances. He was put in that office by obasanjo, do you now expect him to go after obasanjo. Ribadu was sent on this course probably because he stepped on some toes or it was discovered that he was going after one ofr obasanjo's close friends. I would like to see somebody counter this point of viewTHE NAIRALAND MAGAZINE
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by desgiezd(m): 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2008
A true hero who threw the whole of his being into the assignment given to him and he did it to the best of his ability. Just like you and I, he may have made mistakes but he is human. Any executive who desires to line his pocket with people's money would think again before embarking on such a venture. You need to see the kind of reception given to him at the lecture organised for Gani Fawehinmi by the Ikeja Branch of Nigeria Bar Association, it was simply awesome. It shows how nigerians love this man and appreciate what he has been able to achieve within the time he was head of EFCC. A man who is very passionate about his fatherland.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Jairzinho(m): 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2008
The man put his life and career on the line to chase VERY POWERFUL & CORRUPT people,virtually wiped out '419'( in the sense we used to know it )& did not enrich himself in the process.

He's definitely one of the few heroes we have.

As per OBJ using him,I would look at the results instead - recovered loot from TAFA,ALAMS& DARIYE,NWUDE &CO just to mention a few ; Namani,Turaki,Orji,Ibori, & others spent some days in jail & are still facing the law.

When has this ever happened in Nigeria?

Pls leave story.

What he needs now is round the clock protection,cos he's stepped on toes & I mean TOES !

God bless you Nuhu.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by sagitarius(m): 7:42pm On Jan 17, 2008
I've always admired Nuhu Ribadu's guts,but ever since he made dat mistake of becomin OBJ's Bulldog esp durin d last general elections, I disqualified him. anyway,like any human being, he has his own faults & i can say he has tried his best.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by BTT(m): 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2008
4 naija, everybody fit fight corruption b4, yes 4 mouth, but wen Ribadu come decide to use 'truth' fight d thin, au una c am ma pipu? Posterity na him go later tell us say Ribadu try.

I lememba say him talk wen dem dey accuse am say na stooge wen him com answa say "[if una say I dey partial, does it come min say d people wey i dey catch get clean hands? somebody self go come catch those other pipu wey me i dey 'protect']"

Ol Boy Ribadu no b God, him don try!

Ah ah 2 say d truth,
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by banwo1(m): 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2008
haba!no man on earth is perfect, we all are working towards perfection. Therefore, as regards Nuhu Ribadu, i think he's tried his bit as head of EFCC. Nonetheless, if d presidency thinks he's Obasanjo's boy then dey should find someone else to do d job and creep into obj's past and see if truly he doesn't have cockroaches or skeletons in his closet.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by komekn(m): 12:18am On Jan 18, 2008
Ribadu is not perfect but the circumstances under which he operated were far from perfect as well. My opinion is that with the limitations and restrictions placed upon him by the powers that be, how he got as far as he did is somewhat commendable.

Agreed he was manipulated however, he carried out a number of prosecutions irrespective of the fact that the sentences given by the Judiciary made a mockery of the whole process( Alamieyeseigha and former IG)

Uncle Shege has finally left and he thought (Ribadu that is) i can finally do my job without the manipulations, deciet, and the corrupt contentions of the powers that be.

What can i say, Ribadu is on study leave for his efforts and the rest is history. lipsrsealed
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by iceland(m): 4:27am On Jan 18, 2008
Hero ko! hero ni! Ribadu did what a normal police man should do,although we dont have many normal police men in nigeria, that does not make him an hero.He was only doing his job,The courage he had was from the federal goverment or does he have power of his own?Every man has his price!who knows what went on between him and obasanjo that he was being promoted on and on.Remember tafa balogun o!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by 9ja4eva: 5:38am On Jan 18, 2008
Nuhu is a man who tried his best but did not finish his good work.I think he has more to offer to Nigerians before the judgement of him being a Hero or Villain passed.
If i am to go by what happened during Obasanjos tenure then my judgement wouldnt be good.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by micklplus(m): 7:10am On Jan 18, 2008
Ofcourse, i will give it to RIBADU ! Ribadu's other name na HERO !
Cheers
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by choco4life(m): 7:15am On Jan 18, 2008
Have just five words for ribadu:
What goes around comes around.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Daman1(m): 7:46am On Jan 18, 2008
The man Nuhu Ribadu would have qualified to be an hero but the outcome of Petroleum Trust Fund misappropriations, funds diversions, with public funds ending up in private accounts (ot**ba fasawe,& co) where a lot of cans of worms were opened to the full glare of Nigerians by Atiku vs Obasanjo and the whole issue was swept under gives me an impression that Nuhu's job is selective, this is no characteristic of heroes.
Anyway, he tried for his fatherland, he is brave and courageous.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Daman1(m): 7:55am On Jan 18, 2008
@poster

considering his dedication to duty, loyalty (not to the Nigerian constitution) to his boss, zealousness,etc
may we say Al mustapha, Abacha's chief of staff is hero?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by Rogo: 8:24am On Jan 18, 2008
I think one of us is right let us pray for him, because some of these executives are very wicked, but nonetheless God will keep him in safety for Nigeria.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by dasilver22: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2008
@All those calling Ribadu "Villian" and all sort of names; what would u do if given his position? I'm sure all of u will shrink and run away like sissies! All what u guys are good at is opening ur rotten mouths and pouring out polluted words.

Ribadu did what most of us cant even think of doing! He took the bulls by their horns and dragged them to the slaughter. Lets be frank, the man is a HERO.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by doracle4(m): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2008
Ribadu is a house hold name that has made the common believe that one day, Nigerians will be rid of corrupt leaders. Even if he was selected for any political reason, maybe in 9 yrs with 9 Ribadus, Nigeria could finally eliminate corruption to 2%.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: A Villain Or Hero? by yimiton(f): 9:54am On Jan 18, 2008
He's my Hero.
Befor Ridadu, corruption was taken for granted but today, it might not be perfect but we're coming up.

Does Sanusi Have A Hidden Agenda?unanswered Questions About Bank Mds’ Removal / Painful: Ojukwu Betrayed And Abandoned Us- Ex Biafra Soldiers / Fuel Scarcity Persists Across Nigeria.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51