Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. (1078 Views)

My Sports Betting Experience. / Share Your Worst Betting Experience Here / Get Daily Sport Betting Tips Here Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Anewlifeisallin: 5:54pm On May 26, 2023
Hello Nairalanders. I'm sharing my bitter betting experience with you as I need the practical step to take that will fully liberate me from the bondage of Gambling

I'm in my middle 20s. I was introduced to sport betting few years ago by my friends. I became so addicted to it with the hope of hitting the jackpot and starting a wonderful life with the winnings. My hope of winning big has never come to reality. I have lost more than 10 million naira to different sport betting accounts.

Two years ago, I contacted my uncle in the United States and explained my financial challenges to him. I sought for his financial assistance for me to establish my laundry business. He took my case upon himself and sent about 7 million naira to me. Instead of venturing into my initial business idea that I told him, I wasted the whole money on gambling. He later got to know about it and he stopped talking to me. He blocked me on all social media platforms.

I have cursed myself countless times. I swore with the gods that I will never go back into gambling. My vows and intentions never come true. My life is getting ruined day by day. I feel hopeless and dejected. I'm really entangled and I want to be set free. Any time money enters my account, the thought of gambling will saturate my mind.

Today, I contacted my old friend that I would be needing money to print out my project write up in school. He sent 10 thousand naira to me and I wasted 9 thousand naira on betting. I feel there is a curse hovering around my life.

My heart is really sad. My future looks gloomy and unsuccessful. I can never be great and amount to any great thing in life if I continue to follow the pathway of gambling

Gambling addiction has totally destroyed my finances. it has been affecting the healthy relationship I have with people. I wear shabby clothes and torn shoes everyday as I lose all the money I ought to be using for my upkeep to gambling.

I need your advice house. Kindly tell me the practical steps I need to take to be absolutely free from the bondage and shackles of sport betting. I just graduated from the university. I feel like I have lost it all. I'm feeling suicidal. I desire to stop sport betting but I have no strength within me to stop it.

HELP ME OUT!!!!!!
I WANT TO BE TOTALLY FREE FROM GAMBLING

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by lolu2019: 6:03pm On May 26, 2023
I don't know why u students can't just face ur studies.ur attachment to money at your very young age is what is giving u problems.focus on getting a good degree first, before u starts thinking about money.gambling can only be a side hustle when u are gainfully employed.go for NYSC in a far distance state where u can't easily travel.then,u will learn to live alone and curb ur gambling addictions.i am not from a rich home,I nor dey do pass myself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Hope88: 6:07pm On May 26, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:
Hello Nairalanders. I'm sharing my bitter betting experience with you as I need the practical step to take that will fully liberate me from the bondage of Gambling

I'm in my middle 20s. I was introduced to sport betting few years ago by my friends. I became so addicted to it with the hope of hitting the jackpot and starting a wonderful life with the winnings. My hope of winning big has never come to reality. I have lost more than 10 million naira to different sport betting accounts.

Two years ago, I contacted my uncle in the United States and explained my financial challenges to him. I sought for his financial assistance for me to establish my laundry business. He took my case upon himself and sent about 7 million naira to me. Instead of venturing into my initial business idea that I told him, I wasted the whole money on gambling. He later got to know about it and he stopped talking to me. He blocked me on all social media platforms.

I have cursed myself countless times. I swore with the gods that I will never go back into gambling. My vows and intentions never come true. My life is getting ruined day by day. I feel hopeless and dejected. I'm really entangled and I want to be set free. Any time money enters my account, the thought of gambling will saturated my mind.

Today, I contacted my old friend that I would be needing money to print out my project write up in school. He sent 10 thousand naira to me and I wasted 9 thousand naira on betting. I feel there is a curse hovering around my life.

My heart is really sad. My future looks gloomy and unsuccessful. I can never be great and amount to any great thing in life if I continue to follow the pathway of gambling

Gambling addiction has totally destroyed my finances. it has been affecting the healthy relationship I have with people. I wear shabby clothes and torn shoes everyday as I lose all the money I ought to be using for my upkeep to gambling.

I need your advice house. Kindly tell me the practical steps I need to take to be absolutely free from the bondage and shackles of sport betting. I just graduated from the university. I feel like I have lost it all. I'm feeling suicidal. I desire to stop sport betting but I have no strength within me to stop it.

HELP ME OUT!!!!!!
I think you still get like 20 Naira in your account. Use am gamble on 1million odds, you fit be like wizkid tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Ofemmanu1: 6:09pm On May 26, 2023
Aye e ti baje.

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Chronosvineberg(m): 6:14pm On May 26, 2023
Will you keep quiet

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Anewlifeisallin: 6:15pm On May 26, 2023
Ofemmanu1:
Aye e ti baje.

Though it seems my life is completely ruined but there is still hope for me. If I can destroy my betting addiction, my life will become meaningful again. I just find it difficult to stop. That's why I brought my ordeal to this forum
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Anewlifeisallin: 6:16pm On May 26, 2023
Chronosvineberg:
Will you keep quiet

This is not a matter of keeping quiet. I want to be free from gambling. It's destroying my present life and future.
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Anewlifeisallin: 6:20pm On May 26, 2023
lolu2019:
I don't know why u students can't just face ur studies.ur attachment to money at your very young age is what is giving u problems.focus on getting a good degree first, before u starts thinking about money.gambling can only be a side hustle when u are gainfully employed.go for NYSC in a far distance state where u can't easily travel.then,u will learn to live alone and curb ur gambling addictions.i am not from a rich home,I nor dey do pass myself.

False of hope of winning big through gambling has deepened my betting addiction. I really want to stop but the bondage of Gambling over my life is so strong. I'm finding it hard to break it as it's affecting my life. I want to be free. I want to have a good life and wonderful future. It's not yet over for my life only if I can destroy this addiction and channel the energy into something worthwhile and profitable

How can I stop gambling? That's the help I need
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by sonofthunder: 6:24pm On May 26, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:

This is not a matter of keeping quiet. I want to be free from gambling. It's destroying my present life and future.

How do you plan to be free?

Or you are here to solicit pity?
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Anewlifeisallin: 6:26pm On May 26, 2023
sonofthunder:

How do you plan to be free?

Or you are here to solicit pity?

I'm not here to solicit any pity. There is nothing pitiable about my ruined life. I just want to be free. I need practical steps to take to be totally set free
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 26, 2023
So your uncle sent you 7m and you are not satisfied?
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Anewlifeisallin: 6:34pm On May 26, 2023
Revolution2022:
So your uncle sent you 7m and you are not satisfied?

I wasted it on gambling. Now, I feel hopeless and totally ruined. I can still get it right again in my life if my addiction is successfully destroyed. I find it difficult to detach myself from gambling that's why I'm crying for tactical help
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by lolu2019: 6:50pm On May 26, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:

False of hope of winning big through gambling has deepened my betting addiction. I really want to stop but the bondage of Gambling over my life is so strong. I'm finding it hard to break it as it's affecting my life. I want to be free. I want to have a good life and wonderful future. It's not yet over for my life only if I can destroy this addiction and channel the energy into something worthwhile and profitable

How can I stop gambling? That's the help I need
just face ur studies.that is the best way to stop gambling.shikena.
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by garriAndsugar: 7:02pm On May 26, 2023
Try another addiction
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Mryacks: 7:10pm On May 26, 2023
lolu2019:

Good one...

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Mryacks: 7:15pm On May 26, 2023
When you say you wasted the 7M on gambling, is it that you have never won a dime from the gamibling or what? I do not gamble, but I know some Igbo folks in a busy plaza near my house (they sell phones), mehn those guys ue big funds to gamble and at least won some millions from it based on what they've told me.
Anyway, I pray God helps to liberate you. But it starts from your mindset and determination to stop. Best wishes

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by lolu2019: 7:15pm On May 26, 2023
U can as well focus on your talent.if u are good in sports,music.focus on them.gambling is for working class.
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by orohbiro(f): 9:40pm On May 26, 2023
7m naira is enough to quit anything betting with that money waiting u dey find again? Na 50million u dey find to start up your life ni undecided no single sense at all Ode ni grin

2 Likes

Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Anewlifeisallin: 9:59pm On May 26, 2023
orohbiro:
7m naira is enough to quit anything betting with that money waiting u dey find again? Na 50million u dey find to start up your life ni undecided no single sense at all Ode ni grin

It was a costly mistake that I made. I'm reaping the consequences. My life has been negatively affected because of that silly act. My uncle blocked me when he got to know
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Hope88: 10:00pm On May 26, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:

I have cursed myself countless times. I swore with the gods that I will never go back into gambling. My vows and intentions never come true. My life is getting ruined day by day. I feel hopeless and dejected. I'm really entangled and I want to be set free. Any time money enters my account, the thought of gambling will saturate my mind.

HELP ME OUT!!!!!!
Even with 7million. you were richer than most people. with 20 percent of that. I will never be poor again
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Anewlifeisallin: 10:04pm On May 26, 2023
Hope88:
Even with 7million. you were richer than most people. with 20 percent of that. I will never be poor again

I took a wrong decision. It has badly affected my life
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by manchyme: 12:46am On May 27, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:

From experience, it is difficult to quit because sometimes it can just give you some surprise win. Even me too I never quit even as a family man, but you can man and control it. See what you'll do; if money enters your hand, take care of the important things first, in fact spend your money until you're left with peanuts then you can enter bet shop with like one or two thousand. Though easier said than done

1 Like

Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Hope88: 6:45am On May 27, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:

The thing is Life does not end there. you can rise
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Ofemmanu1: 6:53am On May 27, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:

Though it seems my life is completely ruined but there is still hope for me. If I can destroy my betting addiction, my life will become meaningful again. I just find it difficult to stop. That's why I brought my ordeal to this forum

Gambling is not for everyone just like Alcohol and smoking Eegbo.

Anything you do in excess will consume you.

I've been gambling responsibly everyday since 2011.
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Chronosvineberg(m): 9:21am On May 27, 2023
Just run, I won't mince words. If you de play with fire, na you go suffer.
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by sonofthunder: 2:40pm On May 27, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:

I'm not here to solicit any pity. There is nothing pitiable about my ruined life. I just want to be free. I need practical steps to take to be totally set free

So what do you want because all you are exhibiting is desire for pity. No constructive steps on how you plan to overcome the addiction.
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by sonofthunder: 2:42pm On May 27, 2023
orohbiro:

You can say that again
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by sonofthunder: 2:44pm On May 27, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:

You totally ignored my first question. Shows you aren't ready nor remorseful.

If that your uncle sends you another #20million, you and I know you will waste it.
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by BigFabian(m): 5:01pm On Nov 08, 2023
Anewlifeisallin:

HELP ME OUT!!!!!!

Dear Anewlifeisallin,

If you want to be totally free from gambling, here's what you can do:

Sit down in your room and take a pen and paper.

Write down how much you've lost in gambling.

Next, write down how it started.

Write down the names of people who introduced it to you.

Write down the emotions it brings anytime you play.

Also, write down the names of the streets where those kiosks are.

Write down the names of loved ones and friends you've lost due to gambling.

Now, write down your dreams and aspirations.

Then ask yourself this question:

Is gambling worth the loss I've accumulated over the years better than the emotions(joy) it brings?

Now, after that, write your answer on the same sheet of paper(either yes or no).

At this point, there are only two things involved( I want you to listen closely)

If your answer is that you don't truly like the loss over the joy, then do this:

Take another sheet of paper and write boldly:

I WILL NEVER GAMBLE IN MY LIFE AGAIN.

Make several copies and print them out. Place them at strategic positions in the house where you live, and pass there frequently.

Make sure you see it more than 10 times daily, and whenever you see it, SAY IT OUT LOUD to yourself.

But if your answer is that you enjoy the emotions(joy) it brings, here's what to do:

Go through this process again.

God bless you, man.
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Victortt: 6:26am On Apr 30
Brother don't use your bank account again change it to someones else
Anewlifeisallin:

HELP ME OUT!!!!!!
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by Victortt: 6:26am On Apr 30
Brother don't use your bank account again change it to someones else [
Re: My Bitter Sport Betting Experience. by wittywriter: 1:55pm On Apr 30
Chronosvineberg:
Will you keep quiet
sonofthunder:

You totally ignored my first question. Shows you aren't ready nor remorseful.

If that your uncle sends you another #20million, you and I know you will waste it.

Wittyness

(1) (Reply)

France Cheat Their Way To World Cup "hands Of God" Theiry Henry(photo) / What The Heck Is A Yusuf Mohammed Doing On Amodu's List While Olufemi Is Out? / Carling Cup Final - Arsenal Lose Out To Martins Strike:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.