Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,775 members, 7,831,494 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States (1222 Views)

El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna / Oyegun Refuses To Endorse Ize-iyamu, Asks Edo People To Vote Their Conscience / Videos Of Bola Tinubu Telling APC Members To Vote Their Choice In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by zomby(m): 3:02am On May 27, 2023
There should be a national law that says “as a citizen of Nigeria you must vote at your home state”
You cannot relocate from Kwara state to Oyo state and be permitted to vote in Oyo state during the gubernatorial election, you must return to kwara to vote.
Without a doubt, the northerners will embrace this new law, simply because they respect themselves and also have fondness for where they’re from…same goes with the Yorubas. I’m also very certain that the igbos and all others in the country will accept this law.

This should be one of the things the new administration should focus on. Yes, we are all one, but this new law will give all Nigerian citizens a sense of attachment, inclusion, and kinship. It will also protect various heritage all across the country.

Something tells me that this law will be passed and enforced very soon.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by PoliteActivist: 3:09am On May 27, 2023
Parochial, unexposed, narrow-minded OP who has probably never left his state, talkless of Nigeria.

As a citizen of Nigeria you have a RIGHT to move to any state and make that your home state - in other words that's where you are from. Your children and grandchildren, that will be where they are ORIGINALLY from (though for you yourself your old state is where you are originally from)

7 Likes

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by LikeAking: 3:11am On May 27, 2023
zomby:
There should be a national law that says “as a citizen of Nigeria you must vote at your home state”
You cannot relocate from Kwara state to Oyo state and be permitted to vote in Oyo state during the gubernatorial election, you must return to kwara to vote.
Without a doubt, the northerners will embrace this new law, simply because they respect themselves and also have fondness for where they’re from…same goes with the Yorubas. I’m also very certain that the igbos and all others in the country will accept this law.

This should be one of the things the new administration should focus on. Yes, we are all one, but this new law will give all Nigerian citizens a sense of attachment, inclusion, and kinship. It will also protect various heritage all across the country.

Funny man...

Na illiterate law be day o...

No legal luminary go even reason am, but the quack senators and reps fit debate am.

Las Las it's not going to work..
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by zomby(m): 3:12am On May 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:
Parochial, unexposed, narrow-minded OP who has probably never left his state, talkless of Nigeria
I will be kind not to guess who you are and which tribe you belong to..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by zomby(m): 3:14am On May 27, 2023
LikeAking:

Funny man...

Na illiterate law be day o...

No legal luminary go even reason am, but the quack senators and reps fit debate am.

Las Las it's not going to work..

I’m confident that it will happen and will work very smoothly. Mark it down.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by PoliteActivist: 3:21am On May 27, 2023
zomby:

I will be kind not to guess who you are and which tribe you belong to..

I don't do tribe. I leave that to people like you!

Here's my full post:

Parochial, unexposed, narrow-minded OP who has probably never left his state, talkless of Nigeria.

As a citizen of Nigeria you have a RIGHT to move to any state and make that your home state - in other words that's where you are from. Your children and grandchildren, that will be where they are ORIGINALLY from (though for you yourself your old state is where you are originally from)

5 Likes

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by LikeAking: 3:26am On May 27, 2023
zomby:

I’m confident that it will happen and will work very smoothly. Mark it down.

Never!
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by NaijaCowFarm: 3:30am On May 27, 2023
Very myopic and parochial mindset. Why not just ask the new administration to revert to obaship and obiship? That way, you do not need people traveling to their home state to vote.
Also, make the law so that when people pay taxes, the money is remitted fully to their state of origin.
Finally, let every state control their resources. The Niger Delta their oil, the Yoruba, their cocoa, the igbos, their palm oil and the Northerners, their cows.

You see that your sense makes no sense!

4 Likes

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by BlackAdams007: 4:23am On May 27, 2023
And then what happens if you are half Igbo, half Yoruba and partially Hausa🤔💭

1 Like

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by ican2020: 4:29am On May 27, 2023
Suspend the op for trying to drag us back
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by DMerciful(m): 4:36am On May 27, 2023
Zombie like your moniker
zomby:

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 4:45am On May 27, 2023
for nigeria,it would be the best option....
every nation on earth doesnt have to be the same....

you cant compare european nations with nigeria....
the last election has shown how bias nigerians can be....

4 Likes

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 4:48am On May 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

i agree with op....igbos wanted to vote a igbo,that doesnt even speak yoruba or like yorubas in lagos....

this guy was tweetin nonesense and still wanted to become governor in lagos....

3 Likes

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by zomby(m): 5:00am On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:
for nigeria,it would be the best option....
every nation on earth doesnt have to be the same....

you cant compare european nations with nigeria....
the last election has shown how bias nigerians can be....
I’m with you!

As usual, the only people here that are making all the noise are the fools that are simply not proud of where they belong, they’ve done nothing to develop their land, but prefer to migrate to other people’s land to flex.
Where I come from, we call folks with this kind of mindset BASTARDS!

Any sensible Nigerian will be very proud to embrace this national law. The law will be designed to affect all Nigerians equally. But as usual the losers are not only scared, but are also hopeless.

I hope this new administration do what needs to be done to ensure that this law is passed and enforced…”EMBRACE YOUR PAPA’S LAND/ HERITAGE AND ALLOW OTHERS ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO DO EXACTLY THE SAME”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Mindlog: 5:08am On May 27, 2023
You pay taxes in the states you live in, you are counted in the state you live...you WILL vote in the state you live in. End of discussion!😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by chatinent: 5:09am On May 27, 2023
If you are alive and can't reason beyond tribal talks and what politicians promote you to say, you really must verify your status of being alive.
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by zomby(m): 5:10am On May 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

I don't do tribe. I leave that to people like you!

Here's my full post:

Open your eyes and look around you…I do not believe that you have the balls or any choice to do tribe. Jagaban has humble you guys; you no longer need a flashlight to discover the boundary.

All I’m saying is for you and your people to be proud of where you’re from (your papa’s land), get involved by making sure that your vote counts at home. And allow others to do the same.
“Live and let’s live” is the key to a successful and prosperous society.

1 Like

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by zomby(m): 5:14am On May 27, 2023
chatinent:
If you are alive and can't reason beyond tribal talks and what politicians promote you to say, you really must verify your status of being alive.
Bros, it is a national law that will affect all Nigerians equally; the law is not designed to only affect one tribe.
So, where exactly are you getting all these tribal talks from?
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 5:15am On May 27, 2023
zomby:

I’m with you!

As usual, the only people here that are making all the noise are the fools that are simply not proud of where they belong, they’ve done nothing to develop their land, but prefer to migrate to other people’s land to flex.

Any sensible Nigerian will be very proud to embrace this national law. The law will be designed to affect all Nigerians equally. But as usual the losers are not only scared, but are also hopeless.

I hope this new administration do what needs to be done to ensure that this law is passed and enforced…”EMBRACE YOUR PAPA’S LAND/ HERITAGE AND ALLOW OTHERS ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY TO DO EXACTLY THE SAME”

many of them were even ready to fly in from abroad to vote....going to their states to vote shouldnt be an issue....

2 Likes

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by PoliteActivist: 6:33am On May 27, 2023
zomby:

Open your eyes and look around you…I do not believe that you have the balls or any choice to do tribe. Jagaban has humble you guys; you no longer need a flashlight to discover the boundary.

All I’m saying is for you and your people to be proud of where you’re from (your papa’s land), get involved by making sure that your vote counts at home. And allow others to do the same.
“Live and let’s live” is the key to a successful and prosperous society.

These parochial, narrow-minded people. You look around you. Most of educated, younger Nigerians have moved beyond your uber tribalism.

You like to copy America in everything including form of government, but you won't copy America's most admirable qualities. Is Hilary Clinton originally from New York which she served as senator? Are the Bushes originally from Texas where they were governors and from where they ran for president?? Didn't Trump live all his life in NY but is now running for president from Florida??
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by PoliteActivist: 6:40am On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

many of them were even ready to fly in from abroad to vote....going to their states to vote shouldnt be an issue....

See my post above. That's how it should be when you call yourself a country. Otherwise you might as well stop pretending you have a country, break it up and let people who wish to go go, and those who still want to be together be together!
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by GeneralPula: 6:43am On May 27, 2023
There’s no need!
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by EnEnPeecee: 7:27am On May 27, 2023
The idiot OP is afraid because of the humiliation him with his drug Baron suffered in Lagos. Come subsequent elections, same thing will happen again. You can buy snipper and keep and when it happens you can drink the snipper and rest in the everlasting bosom of bigotry

1 Like

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Dicado: 7:38am On May 27, 2023
You're still thinking like our old politicians. I said we want to vote online directly with our mobile devices and you're talking about traveling. Come, see, take time o...
zomby:

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Parachoko: 7:46am On May 27, 2023
That kin law is not feasible

It makes no sense
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Iykopee(m): 7:53am On May 27, 2023
zomby:

I’m with you!

It's not the first time ethnic motivated wackos like you came up with a trash of a thread like this one which ordinarily should be ignored as it exposes you to be an ignoramus.

I'm sensing that, you made a decision voluntarily to suspend your thinking faculties and relapse your memory into a coma before starting this thread.🤡

Well, to the meat of the matter, it shouldn't be just going back to vote in your state, everything should be done @ the state levels. That is fair and nice if really you knew what your summation means.

I guess you won't fool around on Nairaland anymore let alone start up a thread about it🤗😋

1 Like

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Chinjo2: 7:53am On May 27, 2023
You can see you don't have sense
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by JohnnA1: 8:23am On May 27, 2023
SUPPORTED!
If this law is passed, it will SOLVE ALOT of needless problems...

2 Likes

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by zomby(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2023
I don’t know why a certain group, or should I say a certain tribe in the country is so super scared of this law…what’s the big deal?
If you’re not a bastard, how hard it is to return to your home state and get involved in electing the right leaders?
The law gives you sense of belonging, inclusion and protects your heritage.

2 Likes

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Sleekcode: 11:14am On May 27, 2023
zomby:
I don’t know why a certain group, or should I say a certain tribe in the country is so super scared of this law…what’s the big deal?
If you’re not a bastard, how hard it is to return to your home state and get involved in electing the right leaders?
The law gives you sense of belonging, inclusion and protects your heritage.

Your thread was created because of Igbo

Your thread will eventually die a natural death

Eventually your idea will rotten in your brain

If you think about it too much it will drive you insane and we'll help Transport you to YabaLeft.
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by zomby(m): 12:05pm On May 27, 2023
Sleekcode:

Your thread was created because of Igbo

Your thread will eventually die a natural death

Eventually your idea will rotten in your brain

If you think about it too much it will drive you insane and we'll help Transport you to YabaLeft.

Apparently, you don’t know me…
Bros, I’m not a pure water seller, neither do I seek for popularity. The idea is to create a topic that strikes a chord, a message that resonates with decent Nigerians…Just like many other topics, eventually the message of this topic will produce a fruitful outcome.
Mark this topic down…You guys are simply not enough or relevant enough in Nigeria to stop the law from being passed and enforced.

Keep in mind that this national law is not going to be designed to single out a particular tribe, but simply designed to motivate voters all around the country…The positive impact of the law will directly affect all Nigerians, and all tribes equally.
It will immediately eradicate election violence, unnecessary attacks between various tribes in Nigeria and open doors for development.
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 2:33pm On May 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

See my post above. That's how it should be when you call yourself a country. Otherwise you might as well stop pretending you have a country, break it up and let people who wish to go go, and those who still want to be together be together!

tribes and regions all have their areas....
case solved....go your area and vote....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Governor Peter Mbah Monitors Compliance Of His Order On Sit @home / El'rufai's Speech Translated: Insights Into Muslim-muslim Ticket Strategy (video / Epic Throwback: Tinubu Tackles Ibori (November 2005)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.