Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,298 members, 7,853,387 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:37 PM

There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States (1231 Views)

El-Rufai Says All Old Notes Will Remain Legal Tender In Kaduna / Oyegun Refuses To Endorse Ize-iyamu, Asks Edo People To Vote Their Conscience / Videos Of Bola Tinubu Telling APC Members To Vote Their Choice In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 2:34pm On May 27, 2023
zomby:

Apparently, you don’t know me…
Bros, I’m not a pure water seller, neither do I seek for popularity. The idea is to create a topic that strikes a chord, a message that resonates with decent Nigerians…Just like many other topics, eventually the message of this topic will produce a fruitful outcome.
Mark this topic down…You guys are simply not enough or relevant enough in Nigeria to stop the law from being passed and enforced.

Keep in mind that this national law is not going to be designed to single out a particular tribe, but simply designed to motivate voters all around the country…The positive impact of the law will directly affect all Nigerians, and all tribes equally.
It will immediately eradicate election violence, unnecessary attacks between various tribes in Nigeria and open doors for development.

thats right....!!
salute....!!
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by PoliteActivist: 3:06pm On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

tribes and regions all have their areas....
case solved....go your area and vote....

So you dissolve the country, what's the point? You can have something like Ecowas or such, but you stop pretending to be one country
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 3:36pm On May 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

So you dissolve the country, what's the point? You can have something like Ecowas or such, but you stop pretending to be one country

go vote in your own area....!!

come to think of it....how many of you igbos even returned directly to your states sef after coming from abroad to vote in the last presidential and governorship elections....

this would be very interesting to know....

1 Like

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by PoliteActivist: 3:47pm On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

go vote in your own area....!!

come to think of it....how many of you igbos even returned directly to your states sef after coming from abroad to vote in the last presidential and governorship elections....

this would be very interesting to know....

At least you didn't write Ibo. And how are you so sure I am Igbo. And can't you folks hold a purly academic discussion, without tribalism??

So you break up the country and instead have very liberal visa policies whereby people can easily visit other parts of former Nigeria
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 4:09pm On May 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

At least you didn't write Ibo. And how are you so sure I am Igbo. And can't you folks hold a purly academic discussion, without tribalism??

So you break up the country and instead have very liberal visa policies whereby people can easily visit other parts of former Nigeria

are we speakin different type of english....??

go vote in you own ancestoral landi....!!
what is soo hard to understand about that....
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 4:11pm On May 27, 2023
i completly agree with op on this issue....

this will prevent alot of violence in nigeria....
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by jumobi1(m): 4:25pm On May 27, 2023
Basically you don’t believe in One Nigeria
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Wutinky: 4:26pm On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:
i completly agree with op on this issue....

this will prevent alot of violence in nigeria....

See what hate and bigotry has reduce you to, you have been making the same comments over and over again from page 1 to 2 even one guy thought he could hold a sensible conversation with you without knowing he was talking with a mentally challenged person, I have to come to a conclusion that your brain is having a leakage, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ..... SPIT
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by beejaay: 4:26pm On May 27, 2023
@OP you see how myopic you are spreading your dirty linen outside all because you felt you wanna fight your imaginary igbo and lagos that dont give a hoot bout you.. 'm from kwara. does it mean i will have to leave lagos to vote in kwara?? what do you think will happen if every non indigene of lagos state is to leave lagos state to vote in their respective state?? even tinubu, osibanjo, sanwolu will not vote in lagos and the real lagosians will now have freedom to choose wh they truely want and the person you hate to win "GRV" will now be free to contest and vote without leeches like you and I that come from kwara and osun state....think well before you throw dirt cos it just might land in your household...
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 4:29pm On May 27, 2023
Wutinky:

See what hate and bigotry has reduce you to, you have been making the same comments over and over again from page 1 to 2 even one guy thought he could hold a sensible conversation with you without knowing he was talking with a mentally challenged person, I have to come to a conclusion that your brain is having a leakage, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ..... SPIT

how am i mentally challenged person tryin to prevent always occurin violence....
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Wutinky: 4:54pm On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

how am i mentally challenged person tryin to prevent always occurin violence....

Does what you propose make sense to you?
Where in the world have you seen that kind of law?

If you are tired of being in the same country with certain tribes you should advocate for the separation of the country.
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 4:55pm On May 27, 2023
Wutinky:

Does what you propose make sense to you?
Where in the world have you seen that kind of law?

If you are tired of being in the same country with certain tribes you should advocate for the separation of the country.

nigeria is not the world....each their own medicin....
it seems you igbos are deaf....rest of nigeria agrees to separate from una....

we agreed back then to allow bakassi to join cameroon....
we would be very pleased when you south easterners leave today too....

1 Like

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by PoliteActivist: 5:06pm On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

are we speakin different type of english....??

go vote in you own ancestoral landi....!!
what is soo hard to understand about that....

You the one not understanding SIMPLE ENGLISH!!!
Then you no longer have a country!! I know you are dense like most people who can't see beyond tribe, but you can't be that dense. There's no country that has ever been done in history! That's the essence of county-hood.
Simply dissolve the country so you can happily vote only in your country as has always been the practice!
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Zandena(f): 5:14pm On May 27, 2023
Honestly this law is long overdue. This will curb violence, bad governance and rests powers on the original citizens of a state .
I know children of hate from SE who are all over the places looking for no man's land will not like this because of their selfish nature!
Tinubu should forward this bill to NASS immediately when he assumed office.
I saw one Obi-diot who was confidently arguing that May 29th inauguration will still not hold! Imagine the level of insanity of these people!

3 Likes

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Wutinky: 5:18pm On May 27, 2023
Zandena:
Honestly this law is long overdue. This will curb violence, bad governance and rests powers on the original citizens of a state .
I know children of hate from SE who are all over the places looking for no man's land will not like this because of their selfish nature!
Tinubu should forward this bill to NASS immediately when he assumed office.
I saw one Obi-diot who was confidently arguing that May 29th inauguration will still not hold! Imagine the level of insanity of these people!

Why not divide the country so that everybody can have peace?
I know the Unity beggar will never accept grin grin grin grin grin
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 5:21pm On May 27, 2023
PoliteActivist:

You the one not understanding SIMPLE ENGLISH!!!
Then you no longer have a country!! I know you are dense like most people who can't see beyond tribe, but you can't be that dense. There's no country that has ever been done in history! That's the essence of county-hood.
Simply dissolve the country so you can happily vote only in your country as has always been the practice!

go your area go vote....!!

1 Like

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Wutinky: 5:23pm On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

nigeria is not the world....each their own medicin....
it seems you igbos are deaf....rest of nigeria agrees to separate from una....

we agreed back then to allow bakassi to join cameroon....
we would be very pleased when you south easterners leave today too....

Kid can you show me the evidence where the whole Nigeria had such agreement with Igbos?
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by PoliteActivist: 5:24pm On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

Simply dissolve the country, no need for drama
Bye bye!
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by favor914: 5:25pm On May 27, 2023
zomby:
There should be a national law that says “as a citizen of Nigeria you must vote at your home state”
You cannot relocate from Kwara state to Oyo state and be permitted to vote in Oyo state during the gubernatorial election, you must return to kwara to vote.
Without a doubt, the northerners will embrace this new law, simply because they respect themselves and also have fondness for where they’re from…same goes with the Yorubas. I’m also very certain that the igbos and all others in the country will accept this law.

This should be one of the things the new administration should focus on. Yes, we are all one, but this new law will give all Nigerian citizens a sense of attachment, inclusion, and kinship. It will also protect various heritage all across the country.

Something tells me that this law will be passed and enforced very soon.
Certified Zomby 🧟‍♂️ , in Nigerian election matters, We vote in our home state, which just happens to be our state of residence.

It ain’t where your from, but where your at that should matter utmost to you .
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Wutinky: 5:26pm On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

He will still vote in Lagos as far Nigeria still exist, nothing riff raff like you can do about it other than to wail here, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
If you are so tired of the law let's split the country but I am sure Unity beggar like you will never accept it. Kiss the truth
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by tsdarkside(m): 5:31pm On May 27, 2023
Wutinky:

He will still vote in Lagos as far Nigeria still exist, nothing riff raff like you can do about it other than to wail here, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
If you are so tired of the law let's split the country but I am sure Unity beggar like you will never accept it. Kiss the truth

you still dont get it....

igala people in south east are speakin up now too....
i dont want to be insultive to ojukwu....respect....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by favor914: 5:40pm On May 27, 2023
Wutinky:

Ok, so Peter Gringory Obi is not a unity beggar to you?
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Wutinky: 6:14pm On May 27, 2023
favor914:
Ok, so Peter Gringory Obi is not a unity beggar to you?

Hey bipolar patient ain't you a Unity beggar? grin grin
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by Wutinky: 6:48pm On May 27, 2023
tsdarkside:

you still dont get it....

igala people in south east are speakin up now too....
i dont want to be insultive to ojukwu....respect....

Speaking up about what? be specific with your point and stop jumping around
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by favor914: 7:28pm On May 27, 2023
Wutinky:

Hey bipolar patient ain't you a Unity beggar? grin grin
Yes O, like racoon, , Penguin2, dmerciful & Peter Gringory Obi, we are all United Beggars for One Nigeria.

Our stolen mandate must be returned first, no mandate, no peace.
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by zomby(m): 11:36am On Jun 11, 2023
zomby:
There should be a national law that says “as a citizen of Nigeria you must vote at your home state”
You cannot relocate from Kwara state to Oyo state and be permitted to vote in Oyo state during the gubernatorial election, you must return to kwara to vote.
Without a doubt, the northerners will embrace this new law, simply because they respect themselves and also have fondness for where they’re from…same goes with the Yorubas. I’m also very certain that the igbos and all others in the country will accept this law.

This should be one of the things the new administration should focus on. Yes, we are all one, but this new law will give all Nigerian citizens a sense of attachment, inclusion, and kinship. It will also protect various heritage all across the country.

I’m very happy that the law to protect Lagos INDIGENES is finally being proposed. In my opinion, it will be more effective if this law is nationally proposed.
Re: There Must Be A National Law That Says All Citizens Ought To Vote @ Their States by joyandfaith: 11:56am On Jun 11, 2023
zomby:

It would affect lagos seriously. Less than 20% of lagosians are indigenes. Most people holding political positions in lagos are not from lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHOCKING: Ondo Group Reveals How Deputy Governor Spends His Staff Allowances / I GO PACK ALL ABUJA LAND! - Wike - Brand New Cartoon Rap Single From Wike / Nobody Is Talking About Tinubu's 1st Class Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.