Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:04 PM

He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia (7057 Views)

Busola Dakolo: Police Forced Me To Sign Letter Countering Rape Case / "You've Forced Me"—Actress Toyin Abraham Replies Ex Husband Over Divorce Claims / Cee-C Cynthia Nwadiora: Meet BBNaija 2018 Housemate | Biography & Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by enemyofprogress: 5:40am On May 27, 2023
“He forced me to give him ‘osiba’, which is against my tradition” – Singer, Cynthia Morgan shares encounter with veteran actor, Pete Edochie

Nigerian singer, Cynthia Morgan has shared an encounter she had with veteran Nollywood actor Pete Edochie in 2016.

After a video of Pete exchanging pleasantries with revered Yoruba monarch, the Ooni of Ife, surfaced online and garnered reactions, Morgan took to her Instagram page to narrate an incident where she claimed Pete forced her to do something against her tradition.

The video showed Pete Edochie shaking hands with the Ooni of Ife instead of prostrating or bowing down, as is customary in Yoruba culture.

This action by Pete Edochie received criticism on social media, with many considering it disrespectful to the king.

In response, Cynthia Morgan commended Pete for respecting the Igbo tradition during the exchange but accused him of disregarding the traditions and beliefs of other tribes.

She recounted her own experience in 2016 in Okrika, Port Harcourt, where Pete, as a titled man, allegedly forced her to give him an “osiba,” which is against her Benin tradition.

She said that as a Benin lady, it is considered taboo for her to give a titled Igbo man like Pete Edochie an osiba, but she claimed that he made her do it against her will, thereby disrespecting the Benin tradition.

Cynthia Morgan noted that she hopes that Pete Edochie would learn to respect other people’s traditions as he had respected his own.

she wrote.

“I like the fact that Pete Edochie’s tradition is being respected today, and I hope he learns to respect other peoples’ traditions too moving forward. For example, that Benin women cannot give a common or titled Igbo man an ‘osiba’ for no just reason. Unlike when he forced me to give him an ‘osiba’ in 2016 in Okrika precisely. Cheers,”

1 Share

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by enemyofprogress: 5:40am On May 27, 2023
I was made to understand that Osiba means blo^w job grin grin grin grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by EmmyCC: 6:02am On May 27, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Osiba means to bend slightly for an elder to Pat you on the back. Just checked it out.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by EyenIbibio1: 6:10am On May 27, 2023
Edo/Benin is Yoruba, take it or leave it, they have same language with a little twist, example an 'Osiba' That she mentioned is same as 'Osuba' in Yoruba language, meaning Praise or Honor

3 Likes

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by EyenIbibio1: 6:11am On May 27, 2023
enemyofprogress:

My thought at first

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Wawelexy(m): 6:17am On May 27, 2023
enemyofprogress:

This is an insult to Pa. Pete

1 Like

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Alexandersantos(m): 6:36am On May 27, 2023
What is this girl trying to say...is she pete to bow down to the king..cus i no understand

1 Like

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Ladiesdoctor(m): 6:39am On May 27, 2023
I don't want to comment on what does not concern me

I don't want to provoke god's anger

1 Like

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by ExudeLoveToAll: 7:05am On May 27, 2023
EyenIbibio1:
Edo/Benin is Yoruba, take it or leave it, they have same language with a little twist, example an 'Osiba' That she mentioned is same as 'Osuba' in Yoruba language, meaning Praise or Honor

Why not the other way, Yoruba is part of Edo/Benin take it or leave it. That you are in majority doesn't mean the minor ethnic group hails from the major. I have seen this scenario play out with the other major ethnic groups in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by enemyofprogress: 7:14am On May 27, 2023
EmmyCC:

Osiba means to bend slightly for an elder to Pat you on the back. Just checked it out.
person has to bend slightly to give blo^w job now grin grin

6 Likes

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by enemyofprogress: 7:16am On May 27, 2023
Wawelexy:

This is an insult to Pa. Pete
abeg comot, if them give the man bl0^w job, e no go enjoy am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by falcon01: 7:23am On May 27, 2023
Wahala
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by vastolord4(m): 7:33am On May 27, 2023
This lady is now desperate to come back to the spotlight.. anything is a story for her now

5 Likes

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Madaraa1(m): 7:33am On May 27, 2023
You just write didn't even tell person meaning of osiba

I swear I been think say na Mouth Gig's also

5 Likes

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by rowland545(m): 7:47am On May 27, 2023
Osiba means to give an elder doggy in one foreign language...if it's true then Pete Edochie is a man

1 Like

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by rowland545(m): 7:48am On May 27, 2023
This is news
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by enemyofprogress: 7:48am On May 27, 2023
Madaraa1:
You just write didn't even tell person meaning of osiba

I swear I been think say na Mouth Gig's also
na him nau. Osiba na Ghanaian language, it means bl0^w job
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Kiddogarcia(m): 8:26am On May 27, 2023
Only God knows what was going through my mind at the thought of osiba.

Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho

2 Likes

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Akinfemmy(m): 9:08am On May 27, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

Why not the other way, Yoruba is part of Edo/Benin take it or leave it. That you are in majority doesn't mean the minor ethnic group hails from the major. I have seen this scenario play out with the other major ethnic groups in Nigeria.

Historically, you're both wrong. Edo/Benin didn't originate from the yoruba and vice versa.
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by LikeAking: 10:53am On May 27, 2023
Make this foolish girl shut up..
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by eepeepook: 12:18pm On May 27, 2023
Without an agreed definition of the word, na jump and pass I dey.
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Holybaddo: 12:40pm On May 27, 2023
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Who else thought what I thought 😂😂
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by blowjohn(m): 12:41pm On May 27, 2023
Its ur fault o Cynthia.

How can ge force u?
U no get brain?

1 Like

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by ecoco2014(m): 1:07pm On May 27, 2023
I share the same thoughts below

Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by CSTRR: 1:30pm On May 27, 2023
EyenIbibio1:
Obviously, it means entirely different things and does not relate.

If they meant the same thing, then it wouldn't have been a taboo in Benin.
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by WantsandMore: 1:43pm On May 27, 2023
enemyofprogress:
“He forced me to give him ‘osiba’, which is against my tradition” – Singer, Cynthia Morgan shares encounter with veteran actor, Pete Edochie

Nigerian singer, Cynthia Morgan has shared an encounter she had with veteran Nollywood actor Pete Edochie in 2016.

After a video of Pete exchanging pleasantries with revered Yoruba monarch, the Ooni of Ife, surfaced online and garnered reactions, Morgan took to her Instagram page to narrate an incident where she claimed Pete forced her to do something against her tradition.

The video showed Pete Edochie shaking hands with the Ooni of Ife instead of prostrating or bowing down, as is customary in Yoruba culture.

This action by Pete Edochie received criticism on social media, with many considering it disrespectful to the king.

In response, Cynthia Morgan commended Pete for respecting the Igbo tradition during the exchange but accused him of disregarding the traditions and beliefs of other tribes.

She recounted her own experience in 2016 in Okrika, Port Harcourt, where Pete, as a titled man, allegedly forced her to give him an “osiba,” which is against her Benin tradition.

She said that as a Benin lady, it is considered taboo for her to give a titled Igbo man like Pete Edochie an osiba, but she claimed that he made her do it against her will, thereby disrespecting the Benin tradition.

Cynthia Morgan noted that she hopes that Pete Edochie would learn to respect other people’s traditions as he had respected his own.

she wrote.

“I like the fact that Pete Edochie’s tradition is being respected today, and I hope he learns to respect other peoples’ traditions too moving forward. For example, that Benin women cannot give a common or titled Igbo man an ‘osiba’ for no just reason. Unlike when he forced me to give him an ‘osiba’ in 2016 in Okrika precisely. Cheers,”
Why is Morgan Allowed to disrespect an old man? 😤
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Moneybrain1: 2:16pm On May 27, 2023
Cynthia Morgan talks too much undecided
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by sentee(f): 2:48pm On May 27, 2023
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Tabletuner(m): 2:52pm On May 27, 2023
enemyofprogress:

I can tell you that 99 percent of people rushed to open this thread thinking like you only to be disappointed 🙁
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by Buharidgeneral: 3:11pm On May 27, 2023
enemyofprogress:
Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by respect80(m): 3:22pm On May 27, 2023
What is Osiba?
Re: He Forced Me To Give Him ‘osiba’,which Is Against My Tradition”– Singer, Cynthia by ExudeLoveToAll: 3:22pm On May 27, 2023
Akinfemmy:

Historically, you're both wrong. Edo/Benin didn't originate from the yoruba and vice versa.

You didn't get my line of thoughts, I didn't say Yoruba originates from Benin. I am only questioning why the major ethnic groups always use that line of thought, that's why I reversed the scenario.

(1) (2) (Reply)

less scandalized Nigerian actresses / SHOCKING! SEE The Ungodly Acts Which Take Place At Parties In Nairobi [PHOTOS] / Annie Idibia And Chika Ike Fought Over Billionaire Ned 7 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.