Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners (14149 Views)

Buhari Confers National Award On Osimhen, Davido, Uzodinma, 336 Others / FG Approves Citizenship For 385 Foreigners / Buhari Confers National Service Award on Wike (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by sylve11: 8:38am On May 28, 2023
Hmmm cool
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Shigishege2: 8:39am On May 28, 2023
sonature1:
Those foreigners must be making a lot of money here and want to formalize their Nigerian citizenship so that nothing can hinder them. Congratulations to them.
if truly they are making a lot of money here, that means Nigeria has a lot of economic potentials. So making themselves citizens of this great nation, don't you think it worth it?
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by sonature1: 8:39am On May 28, 2023
yommygift15:
Only foreigners from Niger rubric, guinea Bissau, and likes I guess, I don't think any saner individual foreigners will choose to b a Nigeria citizen if not a fugitive, in their country

Americans and Europeans are getting Nigerian citizenship because there are certain benefits you cannot get in Nigeria unless you are a citizen. That's why they are doing that. It's not just people from nonperforming countries.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:40am On May 28, 2023
Jeftta:
A counter that have failed her citizens. Those people must be probed, for their intention
they must be forgitives in their mother countries and I'm sure they're terrorist who helped buhari distabilized this country
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by sonature1: 8:43am On May 28, 2023
Shigishege2:
if truly they are making a lot of money here, that means Nigeria has a lot of economic potentials. So making themselves citizens of this great nation, don't you think it worth it?

Americans, Europeans and Asians work in oil and gas and tech companies in Nigeria. Most of them are paid in USD. Yes, they are paid in dollars.

So, for them, it's just like working in their countries. However, there are certain benefits in Nigeria they cannot get because they are not Nigerian citizens. That's why they are formalizing it. Yes, it's worth it.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by maxiart2(m): 8:47am On May 28, 2023
ernesco0816517:
Yak afere iki kwehe ke esio,nsenie ufok idiah, Mr president.

Lol, Akwa Ibom man.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Originalsly: 8:49am On May 28, 2023
In European and America they induct thousands into citizenship every year to attract youths and those in their prime who wohld contribute to the development of their countries.

He should say who are becoming Nigerian citizenship........ how many are youths?.. how many are in their prime? .. and how are they contributing to the development of Nigeria? I'm almost sure those being naturalized have nothing to do with the development of the country but everything to do with exploitation. They should continue to wait for 15 years or even longer. If not.... they will come rushing in .... gaining citizenship and having the right to buy lands etc.... same rights as native Nigerians and before we know it ..... we become like refugees in our own land.... Zimbabwe and South Africa Part Two.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by 9jaRealist: 9:00am On May 28, 2023
Donnyjohn:
Who the hell wants to became a Nigerian citizen

Formally becoming a Nigerian citizen in 2018 was the BEST decision I ever made… cool
>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by 9jaRealist: 9:05am On May 28, 2023
Originalsly:
In European and America they induct thousands into citizenship every year to attract youths and those in their prime who wohld contribute to the development of their countries.

He should say who are becoming Nigerian citizenship........ how many are youths?.. how many are in their prime? .. and how are they contributing to the development of Nigeria? I'm almost sure those being naturalized have nothing to do with the development of the country but everything to do with exploitation. They should continue to wait for 15 years or even longer. If not.... they will come rushing in .... gaining citizenship and having the right to buy lands etc.... same rights as native Nigerians and before we know it ..... we become like refugees in our own land.... Zimbabwe and South Africa Part Two.

Exactly bro! It’s not like Nigerians “buy land etc” in other people’s countries…oh wait…
For a nation with MILLIONS of citizens living and earning (and repatriating) abroad, the crude XENOPHOBIA of some Nigerians shocks!
>
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by coputa(m): 9:11am On May 28, 2023
sonature1:
Those foreigners must be making a lot of money here and want to formalize their Nigerian citizenship so that nothing can hinder them. Congratulations to them.
A Nigerian can connive with any foreign national to swindle his country.If they can publish the list you will see that Arabs and Lebanese are in majority.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by ernesco0816517(m): 9:13am On May 28, 2023
Happy Sunday 😁 boss

maxiart2:

Lol, Akwa Ibom man.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Mantilla(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2023
All these people given shiitizenship have one major gain.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by coputa(m): 9:19am On May 28, 2023
sonature1:

Americans, Europeans and Asians work in oil and gas and tech companies in Nigeria. Most of them are paid in USD. Yes, they are paid in dollars.

So, for them, it's just like working in their countries. However, there are certain benefits in Nigeria they cannot get because they are not Nigerian citizens. That's why they are formalizing it. Yes, it's worth it.
majority of them are businessmen, dubious ones at that.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by coputa(m): 9:22am On May 28, 2023
CondenseMilk:
I taught dey said that Nigeria is a sh*thole.

Who is now looking for citizenship in a sh*thole?
A shit hole has worms inside it that birds can feast on.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by NigerianAngelo(m): 9:27am On May 28, 2023
Tboymessiah:
Another Animal, added to the zoo, by the zoologist.

If you are not an animal, then Nigeria isn't a zoo.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by gabbytabby: 9:32am On May 28, 2023
A lot of them are whites Arabian and European and some black diaspora married to 9ja men.

Opportunities full that country but una no won dirty una hand.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by flexyrule(m): 9:33am On May 28, 2023
Nyanabo:

Ants infested wood
Thanks man.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by socrates007: 9:41am On May 28, 2023
These are criminals in high places.
Again why the rush at the tail end of his administration.He should be preoccupied with handing over activities and not these
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Ubanz: 9:52am On May 28, 2023
Hope they were given places of origin.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by alobright17(m): 9:58am On May 28, 2023
Jeftta:
A country that have failed her citizens
na you failed the country because dangote ,Cubana , E money and many more are human beings like you. Anyway you’re lazy .
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Nice2023(m): 10:19am On May 28, 2023
If I were a president,i won't make any Chinese,and Labanese citizens of our country.

Because these countries no matter how nany years u live there,u can never be granted citizenship including Israel and even Saudi Arabia(about to be amended but not yet)

It should be give me,I give u.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Tonytonex(m): 10:53am On May 28, 2023
EBMedia:

https://igberetvnews.com/1445829/president-buhari-confers-citizenship-385-foreigners/

hope they will be treated equally with other Nigerians?

No be say una go dey give them special treatment.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Ehmmah588(m): 10:57am On May 28, 2023
My pastor's wife was among
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by MatrixCircle: 11:22am On May 28, 2023
All of them are his families, terrorists and relations from Niger Republic, Chad and Mauritania.

No sensible human being will accept Nigeria citizenship at this time. sad sad
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Majesty33(m): 11:32am On May 28, 2023
There are so many foreigners in Northern Nigeria and u cannot even decipher their citizenship status. So many Ghanians in Lagos and other parts of the country. To be a citizen of Nigeria is very easy and for Buhari to confer citizenship on them means something is fishy.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by phemmyfour: 12:46pm On May 28, 2023
CondenseMilk:

I just hope it's not those currupt Arabs!
Didn't you do comparative analysis in school?

Just 385 foreigners..... compare that to thousands of foreigners being given citizenship across Europe
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Alpharey: 12:57pm On May 28, 2023
CondenseMilk:

I just hope it's not those currupt Arabs!
If they had shown their pictures may be you would have seen enough Chinese and Lebanese. These people are milking us dry. Now they will balance well.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Alpharey: 1:00pm On May 28, 2023
alobright17:
na you failed the country because dangote ,Cubana , E money and many more are human beings like you. Anyway you’re lazy .

You have mentioned few rich people. How about the majority of the masses suffering from poverty. Do you think they are all lazy. Their future had been mortgaged by the rich few in government
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by zoraro(m): 1:58pm On May 28, 2023
He had the chance to effect this change (reduce the time required) for eight years, but he did nothing. How did such a purposeless person become president of this country.
Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 28, 2023
Tboymessiah:
Another Animal, added to the zoo, by the zoologist.
Shut up you children of hate should be developing your red mud and gully erosion afghanistan.
Efulefu we have locked up Nnamudi cownu, if you are a man go and release him you fool.
Shouting zoo up and down while your region remains the least developed region in Nigeria.
The Northern region has surpassed una continue to dey shout zoo zoo you this osu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Confers Citizenship On 385 Foreigners by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 28, 2023
DevilsEqual:
Yet most Nigerians say they hate the fact that they are Nigerians by birth

Most here are just ingrates... You could have been Mozambican by birth too but at least, you're from a better country

Be Grateful
Don't say most na mostly Igbos. When Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aguyi Ironsi their brothers were ruling Nigeria they didn't hate Nigeria. The most confused set of comedians in the world are Igbos🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rivers: Fubara Swears In 9 Re-nominated Commissioners / Governor Sanwo-Olu Celebrates President Buhari At 79 (Photo) / Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.