Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido (14160 Views)

President Jonathan Visits Emir Of Kano, Lamido Sanusi (Photos) / I am Now Sarkin, Not Emir Of Kano - Sanusi Lamido / Court ruling: Erastus Akingbola’s Properties in Cayman Islands to be sold off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by 2sd(m): 3:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
T[b]he Central Bank of Nigeria governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, has said “assets belonging to Erastus Akingbola, the former Intercontinental Bank chief, will be put on sale to recover the N164 billion Mr. Akingbola has been ordered by a UK court to refund[/b].”

Mr. Sanusi said this in London on Wednesday where he attended the Nigeria Business and Investment Summit. The remarks were not made as part of the meeting.

We have a ruling for N164 billion against Akingbola. This means that we can sell all the assets he has in the world until we recover the money. So if he doesn’t have that fund to be refunded, we will sell everything he has to get that,” Sanusi said.

The London court ruling, delivered on Tuesday as the climax of a long-running case, found the former Intercontinental Bank plc, now Access Bank, guilty of mandating a fraudulent scheme of the bank buying its own shares, leading to heavy losses.

The judge, Justice Burton, held that the share fraud contributed significantly to the collapse of Intercontinental bank, which was acquired early 2012 by Access Bank.

The judge ordered that the former bank chief refund N164 billion, being the proceeds of the share deal.

Mr. Akingbola has said he was disappointed by the ruling and denied the court ordered he should make payment. He said in a statement he was innocent of the charges, and promised to appeal the judgment.

Reacting to the judgment, Mr. Sanusi said the verdict would send signals to other bank chief executives that depositors’ funds should not be tampered with.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/08/02/erastus-akingbolas-assets-are-up-for-sale-sanusi-lamido/

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by 2sd(m): 3:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
grin[s][/s]Erastus Akingbola don enter trouble ;DErastus Akingbola don enter trouble
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Kobojunkie: 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
I still ask this. Did Nigeria outsource it's justice system or what? Why is Akingbola being tried in London when this issue happened here in Nigeria? Why is Sanusi in London commenting on this case? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

12 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Clerverly: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
Mr. Sanusi, will that action repay the already battered economy you engineered? It seems you have personal beef with this Akingbola given the fact that the person you appointed to replace him is even worse-off. Abeg take it easy, but wait ooo are you even the police that would implement the judgement

4 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Chanchit: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
Yes we will auction every thing he has... The same way all ur properties too will be auctioned when you are out of power.... God should jst help me, so i'll be able to buy some then....

3 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by DisGuy: 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie: I still ask this. Did Nigeria outsource it's justice system or what? Why is Akingbola being tried in London when this issue happened here in Nigeria? Why is Sanusi in London commenting on this case? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

the case was brought before the london courts when pastor Akin was briefly staying/living in london avoiding EFCC, it ws brought BY Access bank

na this kind comment they sweet me, GEJ should learn from this
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by 2mch(m): 4:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
Since when did the appointment as CBN governor become an office of enforcement? Mr. Sanusi should be reminded that he got his job through chop i chop process, so his word carries no weight and is out of his jurisdiction. He should not even be coming out to talk.Well he shows his character here, like his articles. Too much talk, little brain. Like a little child and its tantrums. Akingbola will meet his fate, but not on Sanusi the warlord's terms. Nigeria has a justice system, no matter how ridiculous it is. We still need to look into Sanusi's liquidation of his enemies banks and how that has caused rise in unemployment.

2 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
Dis Guy:

the case was brought before the london courts when pastor Akin was briefly staying/living in london avoiding EFCC, it ws brought BY Access bank

na this kind comment they sweet me, GEJ should learn from this

Ok! Isn't Access Bank registered in Nigeria? Isn't this an indirect way of registering lack of faith in the Nigerian system then?

That's kind of like NBA going to the UK to sue, Kobi Bryant or something. lol

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
Wot a country. We are now freelancing for justice.

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ODB1: 4:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
This country is finished?

We have outsourced our Judiciary to the British.

We are the joke of the world.

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by musiwa44: 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
First of all the claim by nigeria govt was false. You see the UK risk be sue for Billions of pound over this. They dont know that Nigeria govt frame up people. The nigeria police is a bias police force.. That if you dont belong to certain ethnic group you can get charge.

Just like I am posting the satellite pictures. there are people who will be ready to shoot me. Even people who are members of Nigeria policejust for posting the satellite pictures of nigeria .. Because the nigeria police is a bias body. i know i will be on a hit list by people because I post the satellite pictures..

Look an example is promotion in the Nigeria police. Nobody is going to promote people without ethnic bias. take for example the last one done. 7 police officers were promote.. They were mostly northerners.. the last promotion too. they were also mostly northerners..

This is how Nigeria work.

Look even in soccer. the call on to the national team. Just in sport is normally ethnic bias.. If the nigeria police start sending information to the british police. I am telling you. they should be careful. Because britian will end up been broke by court litigation by innocent nigerian.

they send information and arrest base on ethnic hate and bias. Even the nigeria police promotion is based on bias ethnic promotion.

It is a nation which promote base on ethnic bias. And I think any wise nation should avoid Nigeria to save its self from litigation by innocent people.

this is why the founding fathers of Nigeria said they wanted a figure head president. And they were all correct.

By the end of the day the british tax payers are going to suffer because there will be another govt in nigeria,. which will review the case and britain will be sue in its billions..

Britian is going to be in serious trouble, because britian will end up throwning innocent nigerian into jail because of information it receive from Nigeria govt officers.

Why do you think one portion of nigeria do not want state police. It is because they have use the Nigeria police as brutality tool against other section of Nigeria. and that is why some groups are against state police.

Look this are bodies of fellow nigerian. does that not make you weep. does it look like we value life in nigeria. Look members of the nation senate and house of rep are mostly murderers etc. how do you think they win election in Nigeria. They WAKE (italy mafia word) your opponent. that how all politician win election in Nigeria..

Why do you think I have been calling for the break up of Nigeria. Look the United nation will be blamed for not acting fast. And the United nation officers are going to be blames and the non caring set of people in the world. people should ask why is the united nation not on ground in Nigeria. Do you wait till millions of people get killed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQDqTdHv0s0
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by mimifonwon(f): 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
Kobojunkie:

Ok! Isn't Access Bank registered in Nigeria? Isn't this an indirect way of registering lack of faith in the Nigerian system then?

That's kind of like NBA going to the UK to sue, Kobi Bryant or something. lol

what most of you dont know is that by virtue of nigeria being a former gbr colony, the citizens that go to stay more than 90 days can be charged with whatever and have to stay in uk to face the punishment...no extradictions, because we know they would get away wit it, if they are extradicted to naija to face the pun ishment. i actually prefer it this way,that uk try these criminals instead of naija crooked justice system..

3 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by TonySpike: 4:58pm On Aug 02, 2012
I'm beginning to conclude that CBN governor has personal beef with Erastus Akingbola. I hope I an very wrong about this though...

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by funshint(m): 5:00pm On Aug 02, 2012
Clerverly: Mr. Sanusi, will that action repay the already battered economy you engineered? It seems you have personal beef with this Akingbola given the fact that the person you appointed to replace him is even worse-off. Abeg take it easy, but wait ooo are you even the police that would implement the judgement
really u're correct it's becoming clearer dis issue is a personal beaf btw Sanusi and Akingbola!

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by musiwa44: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
look at the ministry of finance as example

You have to understand that in nigeria ethnical bias is used to make decision. even if that decision is not right..

take example this document on the internet.

Oil state taxes. are money from imported oil to nigeria by companies like conoil, and all oil IMPORTER from abroad, this is how this taxes is collected from all Nigerian including northerns.

over many years the govt have told them lies.

554 billion X 12 month.. is over 6 trillion in taxes. while the nigeria budget is just 4.8 trillion..
Why are some state getting 13% of the taxes of the nation. Ngozi iweala should not be paying 13% from this money.. but she is paying from this money collected from all nigerian, including nothereners. why is NDDC collecting billions from this money.? why is Niger delta militia collecting money from this money. do you get my point.

Do you get my message.

Where is oil money in this.. that some state are getting 13% oil derivation.

All this taxes are locally collected from all Nigerian.. here are they.

monthly federal allocation

Nigeria's Senate passes N4.8trn 2012 budget

From Left, Chairman House of Representatives Committee on Appropriation, Hon. John Enoh, addressing pressmen on 2012 budget passed by National Assembly while Deputy Chairman House Committee Media, Hon. Victor Ogene , and the Special Assistant to the Speaker House of Representatives, Mallam Imam Imam , look on at the briefing at the National Assembly in Abuja. Photo by Gbemiga Olamikan.

ABUJA — The Senate, yesterday, passed the budget of N4,877, 209,156,933 for the 2012 fiscal year, just as it plans to sue the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, over repeated failure to submit its budget to National Assembly for approval.

The new budget passed was N229 billion higher than the revised budget of N4.648 trillion sent to the National Assembly in February by President Goodluck Jonathan.

The budget includes an upward review of oil benchmark of $70 bpd proposed by President Jonathan to $72 bpd which is to help reduce provision for deficit budget of N1.162 trillion by N98 billion.

It also includes N888 billion funding for oil subsidy programme, beside another N180 billion provided for Subsidy Re-investment Programme, SURE.

Senators, during the clause-by-clause consideration of the budget after its presentation by chairman, Senate Committee on Appropriation, Ahmad Maccido underscored the poor performance of the 2011 budget.

Maccido, while giving details of the budget, said statutory transfers was N372,593,095,601, debt service N559,580,000,000, and recurrent expenditure was N2,425,049, 954,640. He said that for capital expenditure was N1,519,986,106,691.

The committee chairman said the new budget had a deficit of less than N1billion.

Other details of the 2012 budget, according to him, include crude oil production at 2.48 mbpd, which was the same as the executive’s proposal; Gross Domestic Product (GDP) rate at 7.2 per cent: Inflation rate at 9.5 per cent and exchange rate at N155.

Budget passed without significant changes

Maccido who spoke to newsmen after the passage of the budget noted that the budget was passed without significant changes by the Senate and stressed that the executive now had the liability to ensure full implementation of the budget.

Maccido said: “It is important that in preparing details of this bill, the committee adopted a benchmark price of $72 per barrel of crude oil recommended by the Committee on Finance. The Committee also adopted the executive proposal of crude oil production of 2.48 million barrels per day and an exchange rate of N155 to US$1.”

Delay in budget presentation

He said the committee had expressed concern on the delay of budget presentation by the executive, while advising that budget should be presented to National Assembly before the end of the fiscal year to enable passage within the on-going fiscal year.

He said: “It would be proper if a gap of three months is given between the time of laying and the end of the previous fiscal year. This is in line with the Fiscal Responsibility Act 2007.”

He further advised that the conceptualisation of the budget by the executive should be thorough before it is laid at the joint session of the National Assembly.

Maccido noted: “This will quicken the passage and will not bring confusion among the legislators as this revised version almost did.”

He added that the Senate declined request for further increment from Ministries, Agencies and Departments, MDAs, for projects because the National assembly believed that whatever comes from the Presidency was the hand work of the entire executive.

He said the budget was mainly to continue the on-going project and no new project was added, stressing that it will not be wise to budget for new projects when the old ones have not be completed.

On the failure of the CBN to submit its budget, Maccido said CBN governor was hiding under the CBN Act which stipulates that only the CBN board can scrutinise its budget.

He, however, added that the action violated provisions of the Fiscal Responsibility Act, noting that while the NNPC budget was included in the Appropriation Act for the first time, the CBN has, however, refused to respond to demands for submission of budget by the National Assembly.

Chairman, Senate Committee on Media and Publicity, Enyinnaya Abaribe, who also commented on the intention of the Senate to take legal action against the CBN said: “Under the CBN Act there is a provision there that the Board of the CBN takes care of its budget. But under the Fiscal Responsibilities Act, all agencies of government and every other agency are supposed to bring their budgets for scrutiny to the National Assembly. Unfortunately for us the governor of the CBN is hiding under the CBN Act to refuse to provide the budget of the CBN to the National Assembly and that is a legal matter we will take up with the executive.”

At the conclusion of the budget, Senate President, David Mark, tasked the executive to be prompt in the submission of budget, while stressing the need for government to reduce deficit funding.

He said: “I hope the 2013 budget will be submitted latest by September to give the National Assembly enough time to work and pass it within the year.

“We must reduce deficit as much as possible, we are better off by having a reduced deficit. I hope that 2013 budget will take that into consideration.”
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by jajad: 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
musiwa..,:
First of all the claim by nigeria govt was false. You see the UK risk be sue for Billions of pound over this. They dont know that Nigeria govt frame up people. The nigeria police is a bias police force.. That if you dont belong to certain ethnic group you can get charge.

Just like I am posting the satellite pictures. there are people who will be ready to shoot me. Even people who are members of Nigeria policejust for posting the satellite pictures of nigeria .. Because the nigeria police is a bias body. i know i will be on a hit list by people because I post the satellite pictures..

Look an example is promotion in the Nigeria. Nobody is going to promote people with ethnic bias. take for example the last one done. 7 police officers were promote.. They were mostly northerners.. the last promotion too. they were also mostly northerners..

Look even in soccer. the call on to the national team. Just in sport is normally ethnic bias.. If the nigeria police start sending information to the british police. I am telling you. they should be careful. Because britian will end up been broke by court litigation by innocent nigerian.

they send information and arrest base on ethnic hate and bias. Even the nigeria police promotion is based on bias ethnic promotion.

It is a nation with promote. And I think any wise nation should avoid Nigeria to save its self from litigation by innocent people.

this is why the founding fathers of Nigeria said they wanted a figure president. And they were all correct.

By the end of the day the british tax payers are going to suffer because they will be another govt in nigeria,. which will review the case and britain will be sue in its billions..

ROTFL.... grin grin grin

This guy is a genius!!

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ODB1: 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2012
musiwa..,:

Look an example is promotion in the Nigeria. Nobody is going to promote people with ethnic bias. take for example the last one done. 7 police officers were promote.. They were mostly northerners.. the last promotion too. they were also mostly northerners..

It is a nation with promote. And I think any wise nation should avoid Nigeria to save its self from litigation by innocent people.

this is why the founding fathers of Nigeria said they wanted a figure president. And they were all correct.

By the end of the day the british tax payers are going to suffer because they will be another govt in nigeria,. which will review the case and britain will be sue in its billions..

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2012
I don't like sanusi but if that guy stole, he should be made to return every kobo.

3 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
They should start by auctioning it so the goodies can go around. grin
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by mikeapollo: 5:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
Sanusi does not have any personal beef with anybody. What he said is based on the principle of recovery stolent funds...if you dont have the cash, your assets will be liquidated to pay what you stole. That is a global practice.
In any case, Cecilia Ibru's properties in Nigeria and abroad suffered the same fate! Was Sanusi also having a personal beef with her?

A crook uses his stolen money to create some conspiracy theory in the media inorder to shield him from prosecution and some people are already deceived!

It baffles me how some Nigerians think! People that went to school still talking like illiterates!

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Honeycity(f): 5:12pm On Aug 02, 2012
why is that mallam bent on sending Akingbola back to his village
it appears there more to it than meet the ordinary eyes
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by karpentar: 5:13pm On Aug 02, 2012
I'm beginning to conclude that CBN governor has personal beef with Erastus Akingbola. I hope I an very wrong about this though...

My fren beef or no beef, Akinbola is a thief period!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by gbadexy(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
If they like let ghana judiciary handle our cases, at least we are getting results from the U.K courts.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Aifey(m): 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2012
Tony Spike: I'm beginning to conclude that CBN governor has personal beef with Erastus Akingbola. I hope I an very wrong about this though...
I don't kn y we 4get in a hurry. Akingbola has published this on d dialy in 2011 hw Bukola saraki wants 2take over his bank he has bein buildin 4 over 20yrs n instalin his manager bein sanusi then when saraki brought sanusi 2 ya'adua to take over 4rm soludo. It is a beef btwen saraki n akingbola. N sanusi was saraki's farm n asects manager.
Sanusi is only kilin our economy. They kn his incompetant tht is y d his always invite chukwuma soludo 4lectures. He has told us tht our stock xchange is near collapes n d economy is dyin. Sanusi is a stooge.

1 Like

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by ODB1: 5:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
You see the Yoruba peeps here now, talking sh1t and taking side with a con man criminal all because he is of their kind.

Yorubas are by far the most tribalistics people on the surface of the earth.

Hypocrites!

4 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by karpentar: 5:18pm On Aug 02, 2012
Sanusi does not have any personal beef with anybody. What he said is based on the principle of recovery stolent funds...if you dont have the cash, your assets will be liquidated to pay what you stole. That is a global practice.
In any case, Cecilia Ibru's properties in Nigeria and abroad suffered the same fate! Was Sanusi also having a personal beef with her?

A crook uses his stolen money to create some conspiracy theory in the media inorder to shield him from prosecution and some people are already deceived!

It baffles me how some Nigerians think! People that went to school still talking like illiterates!

Well said. Most people supporting akingbola are his yoruba folks. The level of tribalism in nigeria is worrisome.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by zaza1(m): 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pls can anybody explain what "Musiwa" is talking about?..I mean the guy talking about satellite pictures etc..I question some people's state of mind

3 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by karpentar: 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
I don't kn y we 4get in a hurry. Akingbola has published this on d dialy in 2011 hw Bukola saraki wants 2take over his bank he has bein buildin 4 over 20yrs n instalin his manager bein sanusi then when saraki brought sanusi 2 ya'adua to take over 4rm soludo. It is a beef btwen saraki n akingbola. N sanusi was saraki's farm n asects manager.
Sanusi is only kilin our economy. They kn his incompetant tht is y d his always invite chukwuma soludo 4lectures. He has told us tht our stock xchange is near collapes n d economy is dyin. Sanusi is a stooge.

What's your point. Are you saying akingbola is not a thief? or are you suggesting that even if he's a thief, he should not be prosecuted just because sanusi has beef with him? what's just your point? I don't know how people reason on this forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by aribisala0(m): 5:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
musiwa..,:

Britian is going to be in serious trouble, because britian will end up throwning innocent nigerian into jail because of information it receive from Nigeria govt officers.
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT STUFF!!! KEEP IT UP

3 Likes

Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by karpentar: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
You see the Yoruba peeps here now, talking sh1t and taking side with a con man criminal all because he is of their kind.

Yorubas are by far the most tribalistics people on the surface of the earth.

Hypocrites!

Very very well said.
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by dammy1985: 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2012
Re: Akingbola’s Assets Are Up For Sale – Sanusi Lamido by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2012
dis aboki man dey run
mouth as if hm neve stash trilions away frm cbn. Well fresh air go soon visit ur domot, abeg wil poor mass hav access to buy d mumu chairman property?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Silicon Valley, I Was Amazed To Read This Post / Presidency Blames Power Contest, Anti-graft War For Killings / Umaru Musa Yar'adua 67th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.