Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:37 AM

The Importance Of Almsgiving And Showing Love To Those In Need - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Importance Of Almsgiving And Showing Love To Those In Need (292 Views)

Showing Love This Period / How Can A Pastor Show Christ-Love To Female Members Without Flirting With Them? / The Importance Of Restitution In Believer's Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Importance Of Almsgiving And Showing Love To Those In Need by NotChildofDoom: 9:29am On May 28, 2023
I am sure you remember the story of the two thieves crucified besides Jesus Christ. Despite their sins, Jesus Christ absolved the compassionate one of his sins, to be with him in paradise.

We also remember the story of the good Samaritan who helped the dying man when a priest and Levite had worked past. His reward will surely be great.

We also remember the widow who had just a little meal but shared with Peter. Her jar never ran dry.

1st Peter verses 4:8, love/charity covers a multitude of sins.

I will rather be a pagan who responds to the plight of the needy than be a church goer who is not sympathetic to the cries of the least of his or her brethren

R i b d o . c o m

Re: The Importance Of Almsgiving And Showing Love To Those In Need by Chico01: 9:31am On May 28, 2023
I am in need. Who would render help financially? 😩
Re: The Importance Of Almsgiving And Showing Love To Those In Need by CodeTemplar: 9:50am On May 28, 2023
Chico01:
I am in need. Who would render help financially? 😩
stop announcing your needs like it is a virtue to behold.
Ephesians 4:28 clearly tells us to labour with the target being givers of needful things. Will a man hoping to give announce his needs like good news, especially when you know it is more blessed to give than to receive?
Re: The Importance Of Almsgiving And Showing Love To Those In Need by Chico01: 11:33am On May 28, 2023
CodeTemplar:
stop announcing your needs like it is a virtue to behold.
Ephesians 4:28 clearly tells us to labour with the target being givers of needful things. Will a man hoping to give announce his needs like good news, especially when you know it is more blessed to give than to receive?
same Mathew 7:7 said we should ask and it shall be given unto us
Re: The Importance Of Almsgiving And Showing Love To Those In Need by CodeTemplar: 12:07pm On May 28, 2023
Chico01:
same Mathew 7:7 said we should ask and it shall be given unto us
ask from who? Your neighbour or your Father in heaven?

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Wahala. Evan Ebuka Óbị Asked Couple To Divorce / On Islam (from Quora) / Pro Kingsley Issues Prophetic Warning To Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Reveals Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.