Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,445 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms (13531 Views)

Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms / Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Lo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by forkadict(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2011
@ Otokx.

Its very very convenient and easy for you to come on here and run your mouth like a tap just because you dont work for those things called indians. In as much as you are entitled to your opinion, it will be very insensitive and wicked of you to condone acts that may be considered as crimes against humanity by some people just cos they are one's bosses.

The company i work for isnt owned by indians but i have worked directly with 2 Indians and i tell you that they are BEASTS. It is only unfortunate that fate has to deal us such cruel blows of having to work for those things. How i wish that Hitler changed his mind and did to those dirty indians what he did to jews. They would have been much more deserving. Mscheeeeew!
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by otokx(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2011
@rman

tell them, salary reductions is a strategy in business, even staff reduction.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by Maximip(m): 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2011
otokx:

The indians you call iddiots erroneously are the ones who were chosen by the owners of the company to run the company in place of the "wise" Nigerians. If you guys feel so angry then go buy NITEL and run it the way you like.
otokx:

@rman

tell them, salary reductions is a strategy in business, even staff reduction.

This guy, you really don't know what you are saying or doing. How many indians do you know. They are just so f.u.cking racist. They eat from the same plate and drive small cars cos they are just soooo stingy. They hate every foreigner, even Americans and European. Even if they are right, I will never be on their side cos they will NEVER NEVER do the same for you against their country man.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by Edzy: 12:22pm On Sep 29, 2011
Haba Indians!

29k in the nations Capital?

And they expect quality from their staffs,this cannot be achieved.

This Guys are cruel.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by otokx(m): 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2011
The Indians you say are beasts but how come they are the ones that keep coming in to grow our economy. The answer is that they always produce results for the owners. This should be a wake up call for us young Nigerians to look inwards. We are just too carefree and do work hard to bring about real results; imagine even local football clubs are resorting to foreign based coaches and the results are there to see e.g. heartland FC.

Customer care is really not for graduates, that is the truth and there are many other jobs like that where primary school holders can function with computer knowledge but in Nigeria we have reduced everything to university graduates with 2.1.

In summary the problem lies with us, if we did our homework well the matter of the Indians or Chinese would never arise but lets give it to these guys - they are hardworking and work like machines.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by forkadict(m): 12:26pm On Sep 29, 2011
rman:

This is what happens when an operator comes into a market and the first thing they did iwas to slash tarrifs. Good move but is it sustainable for the bussiness? All other operators will soon adopt this model because telecoms is a game of numbers. Do what you have to do to make sure you hold unto or snatch customers from other operators. Whenever there is a sudden price slash without significant improvement in the operating environment, some people have to pay. This time it is the staffs. The bussiness need to survive.

Dis guy you don come again abi. Always out to justify the crazily high tariffs you and your sick employers have imposed on nigerians. Try and read the article again and see the real reasons why the psychos want to effect the salary slash. Dont be deceived. Its not because they need to survive.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by COLNZO: 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2011
Nawah oooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Thank God I did not go for their job offer. Na so dey for use me dump me ehhh,
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by Kx: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2011
Why dont lets be specific,
[size=15pt]Is  Airtel Nigeria cutting staff salary by 60% for its entire workforce or for call center staff only?[/size]
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by forkadict(m): 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2011
otokx:

The Indians you say are beasts but how come they are the ones that keep coming in to grow our economy (1). The answer is that they always produce results for the owners. This should be a wake up call for us young Nigerians to look inwards. We are just too carefree and do work hard to bring about real results; imagine even local football clubs are resorting to foreign based coaches and the results are there to see e.g. heartland FC (2).Customer care is really not for graduates, that is the truth and there are many other jobs like that where primary school holders can function with computer knowledge but in Nigeria we have reduced everything to university graduates with 2.1. (3)[/b]In summary the problem lies with us, if we did our homework well the matter of the Indians or Chinese would never arise but [b]lets give it to these guys - they are hardworking and work like machines (4).

(1) Its because of our successively clueless, despicable and corrupt leadership and leaders. Nothing more guy.

(2) STRAIGHT UP BULLSHEET. You may be lazy and carefree but the average naija guy aint lazy. Second Eyimba won the CAF champions league twice successively with a nigerian coach. Your Heartland coach only won the Federations cup.

(3)This takes us back to my point number one. Successive clueless, despicable and corrupt leaders who left our infrastructure to decay and who had noclue about how to fight unemployment. Are innocent nigerians to be held responsible for this? I beg not.

(4) Nobody is complaining about how lazy or how hardworking they are. I for one really do not have any problem whatsoever with hardwork. Matter of fact, its just the inavailability of funds that's still making me work for someone. Believe me you, if one stray N12 million naira comes my way, i will forking resign and start my own company. All we are saying is those beasts should make their employess working conditions more humane. Make your pay commensurate with the work load. Always make your employee's safety a matter of top  priority etc etc. Too many to mention.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by Nelton(m): 12:45pm On Sep 29, 2011
It is such a sad story that Indians are treating Nigerians this way and the govt is just looking at them. I have been followining what is happening in Airtel for some time now starting from the Abuja strike. It is imperative to know that there have never ever been a time since GSM came that a strike like this would be happening. Now Airtel has taken over from Zain and everyday there seem to be one problem or the other. I would advise the workers to stage a protest to the National assmbly in Abuja, because right now it seems even the NLC has failed them. It is high time the Nigerian govet rise up to this occasion. Indians cannot come and dehumanise our citizens here in Niegria. If they cannot meet up with the working standards as it is then they should pack their bags and go. Everywhere you go where Indians are employers of labour the complains is always the same and yet the govt does not want to take action on this. My friends the only way is to cry out to the National assembly, down tools and let the whole world know that you guys are not been treated well. We are all solidly behind you.

As for the poster that said indians are not animals. It is either you are an indian or you have never had reason to work with these people.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by zignor(m): 12:50pm On Sep 29, 2011
Only God knows what they use their money for.

lol . . .they use it on naija babes tongue tongue tongue
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by heynew: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2011
for the fact that we don't have any authorized body that protect workers (govt. and private sector ) interest in this country this things will continue to happen because if you resign today they will be able to find somebody even more qualified than you that is ready to accept such harsh conditions
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by otokx(m): 12:52pm On Sep 29, 2011
@kx

looks like its only call center staff

@all

are we sure this stuff is true?
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by forkadict(m): 12:53pm On Sep 29, 2011
Nelton:

It is such a sad story that Indians are treating Nigerians this way and the govt is just looking at them. I have been followining what is happening in Airtel for some time now starting from the Abuja strike. It is imperative to know that there have never ever been a time since GSM came that a strike like this would be happening. Now Airtel has taken over from Zain and everyday there seem to be one problem or the other. I would advise the workers to stage a protest to the National assmbly in Abuja, because right now it seems even the NLC has failed them. It is high time the Nigerian govet rise up to this occasion. Indians cannot come and dehumanise our citizens here in Niegria. If they cannot meet up with the working standards as it is then they should pack their bags and go. Everywhere you go where Indians are employers of labour the complains is always the same and yet the govt does not want to take action on this. My friends the only way is to cry out to the National assembly, down tools and let the whole world know that you guys are not been treated well. We are all solidly behind you.

As for the poster that said indians are not animals. It is either you are an indian or you have never had reason to work with these people.

Isnt it obvious?

zignor:

lol . . .they use it on naija babes tongue tongue tongue

Naaaah. As much as i HATE those garllic smelling lepers, they are generally not randy. I give that to them
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by mobf: 1:09pm On Sep 29, 2011
Nigeria dey export crude oil,
Columbia, jamaica, and brazil dey export ganja,
India and lebanon dey export poverty, SMH
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by sasakosa: 1:22pm On Sep 29, 2011
@otokx.thanks for your insight.at least the indians and chinese are investing in our economy and creating job opportunities unlike our leaders who after looting the treasury goes and hid their loot in an already rich country thus subjecting millions into extreme  poverty.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by rman: 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2011
fork adict:

Dis guy you don come again abi. Always out to justify the crazily high tariffs you and your sick employers have imposed on nigerians. Try and read the article again and see the real reasons why the psychos want to effect the salary slash. Dont be deceived. Its not because they need to survive.

i am only stating the obvious. you should read the article again not me. if a company is doing so well, why is there a need to slash staff salaries? my brother the main factor here is the bussiness cant sustain these staffs slaries and the bussiness has to do something. forget all the cars and food stuffs. i will pay one million naira per month to a receptionist if the bussiness is profitable that way.  i hope you know it is  not only airtel that will do this, mtn, glo and etisalat will soon follow suit. i am not happy with this development but this is a reality will all have to accept.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 29, 2011
well, just find another job. A 60% reduction would be equivalent to modern day slavery!
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by slaughter(m): 1:58pm On Sep 29, 2011
As such, call Centre Agents that have since the last two years earned N74,070 would now earn N29600; ‘Junior’ supervisors that have earned N180,000 would now earn N72,000 and some Assistant Managers that have earned N240,000 would now earn N96,000 per month!!!! Imagine Airtel ‘needing’ to survive after a $10.7 billion takeover of Zain, the highest ever trans-continental transaction
Now, with N29,600, how would Call Centre Agents, for instance, pay house rents that range between N80,000 and N450,000 in Lagos and Abuja, buy food, tend to their respective families/friends’ needs then clothe themselves. Seemingly, this is highly IMPOSSIBLE with the newly proposed Airtel salary structures. A corper, for intstance would earn as much as an Airtel Call Centre agent.
My own view, might be totally different,am sorry i do not mean 2 hurt anybody, i stil belive a policy must b put in inplace 2,curb unemployment,the policy is 2 pay fresh graduate a minimum of N1.2M naira/month and allow them 2 work 4 a maximum of 3yrs pay them off and recruit another set,NOTE if this is properly manage there wil b no need of training and retraining staff,from my own view if u work and earn N180,000/MONTH for 2yrs i dont think u need that job again, i earn far less than, b4 i left and set up mine today am better 4 it,indians on their own are not worth working for or working with at all,
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 29, 2011
We are all busy here calling the indians Goats and Cows, ignoring the root of this problem, Do you think they are stupid They've sized up the Nigerian govt, knowing fully well that we have non-exitent trade union laws that prevent abuse of wages, Can they try this in England, or any EU country
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by folahann(m): 2:17pm On Sep 29, 2011
I think all the people calling for the workers to quit know how easy it is to get a job in Nigeria. Just go to any company and tell them you just quit your, you'll be employed straight up. SMDH.

On a serious note, what happened to the business term called Lay-off. If Airtel cannot survive with the amount they pay for labour, then they can lay-off some of their workers using the proper procedure. Give the workers that would be affected enough notice and compensate them.
But this shows the Indians are actually stingy, they want to keep their current workforce and slash labour cost by 60%! There are several other sensible measures of reducing cost. The indians should know if they're intelligent.
Even if you must reduce salary, 60% is way too much. 10 or 15 is ok.

I hope peeps remember when there was economy crunch, western countries didn't slash salaries, they laid-off workers and compensated them.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by goldng: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2011
With the excessive profit these guys declare. They should be working on how to INCREASE their workers pay Jare!!!
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by GeorgeD1(m): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2011
those indians are running that company to the dust.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by chines4(m): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2011
Salary earners are becoming endangered species every day
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by ogbongzky(m): 4:21pm On Sep 29, 2011
, and the useless company keeps crashing call rates. rubbish**
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by cinzo: 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2011
Welcome to the world of Indians. They are nothing but pests!
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by osogwu(m): 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2011
What is their primary aim of taking over the company?is it to furstrate their worker?,if yes, they should leave this country now b/4 God fustrate them .
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2011
to the people saying that they are investing the Nigerian economy
is capital flight investing
Are MTN,Glo even starcoms and Multi Links not telecoms companies?why dont we hear the sort of stupidity from them
People just boycott Airtel,if they are not ready to treat Nigerians as people then we have no use for them,Glos rate is cheap too,so is Etisalat;
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by Sagamite(m): 5:14pm On Sep 29, 2011
If we had people with brains running the country, the Minister for Labour will be calling the CEO of Airtel Nigeria to report to his office ASAP.

They must be MAD!
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by greggng: 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2011
I once worked with an Indian firm as a casual worker, o mg, i saw hell. the moment i was opportune to move to another department i counted my self lucky.They were not happy, on one occasion an Indian man touched my chick and said your chick is getting better now. He warned me that if care is not taken that am gonna lose my job.I thought he was joking , but he seized  my card and when i demanded why he did that , he told me  in his broken English, your chick big big, your government have no job for you, go go and suffer. I cried for my country because even Indians  can now make jest of Nigeria, the govt need to do something about the unemployment rate.
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by oskamboo: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2011
pls start planin your way out of any coy dat Indians happen to be in the management circle not to talk of the one ownin by them,frankly speakin,they have this slave instinct in their brains, they make sure they turn flourishing coy into rags,they always add to level of unemplyment by staff reductn,they ensure that one man does three men's job thereby killing ones health gradualy. They cant do us any gud.I hate this God forsaken people wit passion
Re: Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms by daphil: 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2011
Otokx sounds like one of the indians. I can't differentiate how he reasons from theirs.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos State Ministry Vs LIRS / How To Pass Personality Tests / Federal Job Or Private Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.