Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,560 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) (25229 Views)

More Photos As Ex President Buhari Arrives Daura, Katsina State / Former President, Buhari & Wife Land In Daura (photos) / Tinubu Presents His Certificate Of Return To Buhari In Daura (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by BreconHills(m): 10:00am On May 30, 2023
jaxxy:

what gibberish is this one talking?

are u speaking English or Latin?

If you understood the technical aspects of uploading live results to irev you would understand that the equipment being used makes that an impossibility. That's what I was trying to explain to you.

There is no prescribed upload to irev in the Electoral Act!

None whatsoever.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 10:06am On May 30, 2023
BreconHills:

If you understood the technical aspects of uploading live results to irev you would understand that the equipment being used makes that an impossibility. That's what I was trying to explain to you.

There is no prescribed upload to irev in the Electoral Act!

None whatsoever.

u can only decieve urself. everybody is stupid or illerate. We know all the technicalities involved. we also know the sabotage and corruption involved.

Leave all this ur grammar for ur illerate urchincs
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by BreconHills(m): 10:18am On May 30, 2023
jaxxy:

u can only decieve urself. everybody is stupid or illerate. We know all the technicalities involved. we also know the sabotage and corruption involved.

Leave all this ur grammar for ur illerate urchincs

Please explain to me how you can convert a text file first to pdf and then back to excel without data loss or impairment. If you cant then keep quiet.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by sonature1: 10:21am On May 30, 2023
CTee1:
Your village people are proud of you for a job welldone... Nigerians are very happy for the incoming presido... This movie sharp las las

Speak for yourself, ogbeni!

Nobody make you the spokesperson of Nigerians.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 10:24am On May 30, 2023
BreconHills:

Please explain to me how you can convert a text file first to pdf and then back to excel without data loss or impairment. If you cant then keep quiet.

u are talking junk. trash.

is that data not numbers? How was it done in osun or abia or in the gubernatorial elections?
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:43am On May 30, 2023
THEY SHOULD ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES THAT THEIR DULLARD,TRIBALISTIC AND RELIGION INTOLERANT CHILD HAS RAN BACK AFTER COMMITING NATIONAL HAVOC THAT IMPACT THEM TOO angry
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by Sholaco: 11:02am On May 30, 2023
donbachi:
Crowd that won't last 5months
do you even have a crowd that last few a second?
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by Gajagojo: 11:03am On May 30, 2023
Ina lillahi
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by BreconHills(m): 11:13am On May 30, 2023
jaxxy:

u are talking junk. trash.

is that data not numbers? How was it done in osun or abia or in the gubernatorial elections?

How many voters were in the Abia or Osun election? Second, was it not pdf images you were viewing. How can you collate numbers from a pdf image?

Finally, quote me the section in the Electoral Act that says that INEC must transmit results live.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by latolz: 11:34am On May 30, 2023
Of course he served you well
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 12:15pm On May 30, 2023
BreconHills:

How many voters were in the Abia or Osun election? Second, was it not pdf images you were viewing. How can you collate numbers from a pdf image?

Finally, quote me the section in the Electoral Act that says that INEC must transmit results live.

u are still decieving urself. u think everybody is stupid like the agberos and half baked nonentities in apc?
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by obyno82: 12:20pm On May 30, 2023
Confirmedzombie:

Tell or show me what obi did for his people.
Mtcheeeeeew

Oga do you want us to continue this? Why are you so dense in reasoning? Oya show me proof that he did nothing for his people.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by BreconHills(m): 12:21pm On May 30, 2023
jaxxy:

u are still decieving urself. u think everybody is stupid like the agberos and half baked nonentities in apc?

Show me the clause in the Electoral Act na

Teach me how you will convert pdf image to excel and collate without data impairment?

Do these two things first. Abuse doesn't move me.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 12:44pm On May 30, 2023
BreconHills:

Show me the clause in the Electoral Act na

Teach me how you will convert pdf image to excel and collate without data impairment?

Do these two things first. Abuse doesn't move me.

Lol so u didn't think of how u will collate ur results b4 elections u want me to explain it for u??

bro these are dumb questions pls.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by BreconHills(m): 12:53pm On May 30, 2023
jaxxy:

Lol so u didn't think of how u will collate ur results b4 elections u want me to explain it for u??

bro these are dumb questions pls.

Far from being dumb, I am trying to show you that you cannot convert a manual voting system into a digital one. It must be digital from the beginning. Meaning you press a button against your parties name and immediately it is counted. Without this there can not be live electronic transmission. What you are calling electronic transmission is like uploading a picture to an email and sending it.

When the file gets to irev you can view it but you cannot tabulate with other pictures because uou cannot extract the data from inside the picture. You can only view it.

Finally the electoral act gives inec complete leeway in how it transmits results. The process is manual from beginning to end. Only registration is digital.

C'est Fini
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 12:58pm On May 30, 2023
BreconHills:

Far from being dumb, I am trying to show you that you cannot convert a manual voting system into a digital one. It must be digital from the beginning. Meaning you press a button against your parties name and immediately it is counted. Without this there can not be live electronic transmission. What you are calling electronic transmission is like uploading a picture to an email and sending it.

When the file gets to irev you can view it but you cannot tabulate with other pictures because uou cannot extract the data from inside the picture. You can only view it.

Finally the electoral act gives inec complete leeway in how it transmits results. The process is manual from beginning to end. Only registration is digital.

C'est Fini

Lol u have no idea what ur saying. its embarrassing.

Why didn't u ask inec these questions when they law was being passed?

so u want to to teach inec how to tabulate and collate numbers? Nawa oo
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by BreconHills(m): 1:15pm On May 30, 2023
jaxxy:

Lol u have no idea what ur saying. its embarrassing.

Why didn't u ask inec these questions when they law was being passed?

so u want to to teach inec how to tabulate and collate numbers? Nawa oo

I am patiently explaining to you that 1. Electronic transmission of results is not mandated under the electoral Act

And

The process of the 2023 as concluded do NOT support electronic transmission. If there is to be electronic transmission there must be electronic voting.

If you still don't understand after I have broken it down to this extent - seeing you don't understand data formats and the limits of O.C.R then I can't help you.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 1:18pm On May 30, 2023
BreconHills:

I am patiently explaining to you that 1. Electronic transmission of results is not mandated under the electoral Act

And

The process of the 2023 as concluded do NOT support electronic transmission. If there is to be electronic transmission there must be electronic voting.

If you still don't understand after I have broken it down to this extent - seeing you don't understand data formats and the limits of O.C.R then I can't help you.

uploading to irev is mandated. Look all this talk is what has to trashed out b4 the elections so its unnecessary arguments we are doing here and complete waste of time.

Everybody knows the truth and the facts including inec. it's all well explained and in public domain.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by Elev82014: 1:28pm On May 30, 2023
I hope this evil tone-deaf M0R0N will be ready when ICC comes calling!

1 Like

Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by fcbelle72(f): 1:38pm On May 30, 2023
Rented animals , no normal person will go to welcome a failure
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by Humeedz: 1:47pm On May 30, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
tesppidd:
Fact Of Life...

No matter how we curse and accuse him of being a failure here in the South, his people will always love and adore him.

Moral - Do not use social media to allow yourself feel happy that you are cursing him.
A lot of his people who are not on social media adore him.
You are right! We love him and pray for him. We have seen his achievements and appreciated, we also saw where he failed and we are praying for his successor to tackle it. No one is perfect!
And for those above calling us cows and other derogative names,I want to let you know that we know what we are doing, at least we are not leaving our immediate representatives and attack the president. We put them on their toes. We know how much they are getting every month and challenge them to show us what they do or are doing. From senator down to state house of representatives representatives..

3 Likes

Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by Humeedz: 1:58pm On May 30, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
tsdarkside:
he did well considerin how stubborn nigerans are....
he brought sometype of stability and security to the north....
things was realy bad in the north with jonathan....

job well done....
We went through hell during Jonathan's administration. Sleeping with one eye. Afraid to be in public etc.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by BreconHills(m): 2:58pm On May 30, 2023
jaxxy:

uploading to irev is mandated. Look all this talk is what has to trashed out b4 the elections so its unnecessary arguments we are doing here and complete waste of time.

Everybody knows the truth and the facts including inec. it's all well explained and in public domain.

It is NOT mandated. A promise by an INEC chairman does not constitute law. A law needs to be assented to after passing both houses AND gazetted.

Please show me where in the Electoral Act it is mandated.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by 9jaRealist: 3:04pm On May 30, 2023
kokorokoman:
in as much as you try to use diplomacy or political correctiveness to twist the matter, the truth is i dont see anything wrong in attracting projects and developments to your immediate community if it's not an impediment to the growth of others.

It is, by definition, “an impediment to the growth of others” (and of Nigeria) if those projects would be better elsewhere…
The best way that any Nigerian president can develop his community is by developing Nigeria - a rising tide lifts ALL boats!
>
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by 9jaRealist: 3:23pm On May 30, 2023
BreconHills:
The only election in Nigeria's history without over voting. Its nobody's fault that some people are reading instant display of results into the Electoral Act when there is nothing like that. People want to convert text files into excel using b.v.a.s. Impossible.

2023 is the new benchmark for elections in Nigeria.
BreconHills:
It is NOT mandated. A promise by an INEC chairman does not constitute law. A law needs to be assented to after passing both houses AND gazetted.

Please show me where in the Electoral Act it is mandated.

You mean “some people” like INEC - over and over and over again… grin grin grin

Btw, don’t think you quite understand how the law works, because this is Administrative Law 101! The Electoral Act provisions mandating INEC to provide its own rules and guidelines governing the elections and the collation of results grants INEC the power to create administrative laws through such Rules and Guidelines (analogous to Agency Rules and Regulations in the US). INEC’s Rules and Guidelines governing the elections are just as LEGALLY BINDING as any other laws enacted by the NASS (because the NASS specifically DELEGATED such authority to INEC, which the NASS is constitutionally authorized to do), and also just as LEGALLY BINDING on INEC as it was on the political parties. In other words, just as the parties cannot disobey INEC’s rules and guidelines by arguing they were not specifically provided in the Electoral Act, so also INEC cannot avoid following its own rules and guidelines by arguing they were not in the Electoral Act.
>
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:25pm On May 30, 2023
People from buhari region no get head walahi. Dat na why I don't pity them in the attrocities kidnappers and bandits committed in their land. Very anyhow human beings or cows
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by 9jaRealist: 3:34pm On May 30, 2023
Humeedz:
We went through hell during Jonathan's administration. Sleeping with one eye. Afraid to be in public etc.

Exactly! “Sleeping with one eye” as Nigeria was classified as among the world’s fastest growing economies (World Bank/IMF)… cool

These days we can forget sleep altogether as Nigeria has become the World Capital of Extreme Poverty, the World Capital of Out-of-School kids, the World Capital of Infant Mortality, one of the World’s Capital of Terrorism, probably the World (definitely Africa’s) Capital of Kidnapping (and associated Banditry), etc. If we are no longer “afraid to be in public” it’s probably because most Nigerians lack housing.

GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE BUHARI RUBBISH!
>
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by BreconHills(m): 4:54pm On May 30, 2023
9jaRealist:

You mean “some people” like INEC - over and over and over again… grin grin grin

Btw, don’t think you quite understand how the law works, because this is Administrative Law 101! The Electoral Act provisions mandating INEC to provide its own rules and guidelines governing the elections and the collation of results grants INEC the power to create administrative laws through such Rules and Guidelines (analogous to Agency Rules and Regulations in the US). INEC’s Rules and Guidelines governing the elections are just as LEGALLY BINDING as any other laws enacted by the NASS (because the NASS specifically DELEGATED such authority to INEC, which the NASS is constitutionally authorized to do), and also just as LEGALLY BINDING on INEC as it was on the political parties. In other words, just as the parties cannot disobey INEC’s rules and guidelines by arguing they were not specifically provided in the Electoral Act, so also INEC cannot avoid following its own rules and guidelines by arguing they were not in the Electoral Act.
>

The same law you quote also allows INEC to interprete and apply those laws as it sees fit. And until someone shows me that this electronic transmission ( which is impossible by the way- display of polling Centre pdf is what is possible) is mandated in the Electoral Act and does not come under INECs discretion then we should all hold our peace until the court rules.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by 9jaRealist: 5:11pm On May 30, 2023
BreconHills:
The same law you quote also allows INEC to interprete and apply those laws as it sees fit. And until someone shows me that this electronic transmission ( which is impossible by the way- display of polling Centre pdf is what is possible) is mandated in the Electoral Act and does not come under INECs discretion then we should all hold our peace until the court rules.

No, it doesn’t…
What it does is empower INEC to make rules (administrative laws) to implement the law.

Once those rules are enacted, they become administrative law…
That’s why even if most of INEC’s guidelines are NOT in the EA, if violated it disqualifies a candidate or party.
>
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by BreconHills(m): 5:34pm On May 30, 2023
9jaRealist:

No, it doesn’t…
What it does is empower INEC to make rules (administrative laws) to implement the law.

Once those rules are enacted, they become administrative law…
That’s why even if most of INEC’s guidelines are NOT in the EA, if violated it disqualifies a candidate or party.
>

Form EC8A and the manual processes contained in it are upheld by the Act and therefore the electronic transmission is an addendum not a substitution.

Section 60 (2) ‘Subject to Section 63 of this ACT, voting at an election and transmission of results under this ACT shall be in accordance with the procedure determined by the Commission

In the past courts have ruled on what what substantial compliance with the Electoral Act means and it is clear that this is the unbroken chain from accrediting to manual boting, manual counting and manual collation followed by an in person report by the REC. Electronic transmission is not part of this chain and even if it were the courts would still hold that there had been substantial compliance.

Secondly, no where is it contained that failure to transmit electronically invalidates an election. The conditions for invalidating an election are clearly spelt out in the Act expressly and cannot be implied willy nilly when there are already clear conditions for invalidation.
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by 9jaRealist: 5:52pm On May 30, 2023
BreconHills:
Form EC8A and the manual processes contained in it are upheld by the Act and therefore the electronic transmission is an addendum not a substitution.

Section 60 (2) ‘Subject to Section 63 of this ACT, voting at an election and transmission of results under this ACT shall be in accordance with the procedure determined by the Commission

In the past courts have ruled on what what substantial compliance with the Electoral Act means and it is clear that this is the unbroken chain from accrediting to manual boting, manual counting and manual collation followed by an in person report by the REC. Electronic transmission is not part of this chain and even if it were the courts would still hold that there had been substantial compliance.

Secondly, no where is it contained that failure to transmit electronically invalidates an election. The conditions for invalidating an election are clearly spelt out in the Act expressly and cannot be implied willy nilly when there are already clear conditions for invalidation.

What the courts have done “in the past” is largely IRRELEVANT to this case as it involves NEW law…
And importantly, the NEW law (the Electoral Act of 2022) was specifically enacted to address the shortcomings of previous law.

Glad that you highlighted the portion that reads “in accordance with the procedure determined by the Commission” because that’s the authority pursuant to which INEC enacted the Administrative Laws that are its guidelines. Once enacted, these guidelines can only be altered in the same manner as they were enacted, and not at the arbitrary whims and caprices of INEC officials.

Finally, the criteria of “substantial compliance” was probably the principal ‘mischief’ that the Electoral Act of 2022 specifically sought to address, but I suppose that none of us will know if the legislature succeeded until the Supreme Court rules on it.
>
Re: Crowd Welcomes Ex-President Buhari As He Arrives Daura (Photos, Video) by LilleG(m): 8:54pm On May 31, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
The large turnout of cows to greet him is impressive.
Lol. You saw cows in the pix?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wife Cuts Off Husband’s Dick because Of Rough Sex With Her(graphic Photos) / Buhari Inaugurates His Economic Adviser, Dipeolu, Others Photo / Reno Omokri Takes The #FreeLeahSharibu Campaign To Mount Everest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.