Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage (10494 Views)

No Fuel Subsidy Payments Have Been Made To Marketers Since 2016 – NNPC Limited / Hoard Fuel, Lose Your Land! Governor Obaseki Warns Dealers / DSS Arrests General Idris Bello Dambazau Over 'Economic Sabotage' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by Hemaah: 11:04am On May 30, 2023
Lagos state governor will not say anything now about this fuel hoarding ... He will be behaving as if he is not aware of what the masses are passing through
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by Nobody: 11:16am On May 30, 2023
goodyvin02:
We don Dey suffer already, see people trekking this morning

Absolutely And Your Sufferings will continue until you Zombeees receive Sensegrin

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by Judolisco(m): 11:27am On May 30, 2023
Nemesis0147:
i still dy inside my house.
How much is fuel now here in Abj?
I know say queue go don long as usual
my brother me sef neva comut oh... Fear no gree me comut... I'll go out 2mrw go join queue... Aluta continua.. There won't be change in price... Jst normal hoarding and waiting
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by DaddyGngeess(m): 11:28am On May 30, 2023
I don't know why black man just be like this, now waoooo
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by Judolisco(m): 11:29am On May 30, 2023
GeneralPula:

You mean there has been fuel scarcity in Abuja For 2years now?
yes... U can call and confirm
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by GoodIsGod: 11:35am On May 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Can a government that did not give a businessman money to buy stock turn around to dictate whether that businessman should sell his stock or not?

Yes. They can.
Can Government who did not give a school proprietor money to establish a school dictate what to teach and what not to teach? Yes they can.
You can't because you own your own school, start teaching children what is against the norms of the land. Like LGBT RIGHTS and TERRORISM.
THEY'LL SEAL UP YOUR SCHOOL AND THERE IS NOTHING ANY COURT CAN DO.

Likewise, you don't create artificial scarcity to punish the masses because of your own self interest. Government will close your Petrol station or even revoke your certificate of business and nothing you or any court can do.
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by famology(m): 11:40am On May 30, 2023
My governor is sleeping. Edo don suffer. Very dull thing
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by Nectarbaba(m): 11:42am On May 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Can a government that did not give a businessman money to buy stock turn around to dictate whether that businessman should sell his stock or not?
Not if that stock has already been subsidized by the said government.
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by airsaylongcome: 12:06pm On May 30, 2023
GoodIsGod:

Yes. They can.
Can Government who did not give a school proprietor money to establish a school dictate what to teach and what not to teach? Yes they can.
You can't because you own your own school, start teaching children what is against the norms of the land. Like LGBT RIGHTS and TERRORISM.
THEY'LL SEAL UP YOUR SCHOOL AND THERE IS NOTHING ANY COURT CAN DO.

Likewise, you don't create artificial scarcity to punish the masses because of your own self interest. Government will close your Petrol station or even revoke your certificate of business and nothing you or any court can do.

So your analogy about school and the content they teach doesn’t quite translate. Governments regulate the service or products business sell. Which is why DSTV cannot show brazen pr0n. Or pharmacies sell W33d or just any drug they want. It's the same way governments regulate schools not to teach whatever they want or petrol stations to sell whatever type of petrol they like. But for ALL these businesses, whether school, DSTV, pharmacy or petrol station, government cannot set the price they sell their products/service to consumers

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by airsaylongcome: 12:11pm On May 30, 2023
Nectarbaba:
Not if that stock has already been subsidized by the said government.

Does government pay subsidy before the products are sold to final consumers? Honest question
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:18pm On May 30, 2023
Nigerians are evil. ALWAYS blaming government but 90% of our problems is because of our greed and evil ways!
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by Eneye4me: 8:56pm On May 30, 2023
airsaylongcome:
Yes is U organize business to exploit the masses.
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by malcom1X: 6:07pm On May 31, 2023
onyxo76:
has there been an official release by nnpc or dpr as regards removal of subsidy? just because tinubu mentioned that it is gone does not mean that stations should now close and make life unbearable for the masses

I hope you've seen it now

https://www.nairaland.com/7710220/nnpc-confirms-increase-pump-price
Re: Osun Govt To Marketers: Hoard Fuel, Face Persecution For Economic Sabotage by onyxo76(m): 6:25pm On May 31, 2023
malcom1X:

I hope you've seen it now

https://www.nairaland.com/7710220/nnpc-confirms-increase-pump-price

at least it's official now. no problem

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governors’ Meeting On Economic Crisis Inconclusive Again / Acting President Prof Osinbanjo Set To Send Onoghen's Name For Senate Confirmati / Nnamdi Kanu Visitors Killed In Kuje Prison GRAPHIC PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.