Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) (2904 Views)

Sanusi To Tinubu: The President Shouldn’t Be The Petroleum Minister / Abba Gida-gida Invites Sanusi To Inauguration / Nasarawa Relocates Emir Sanusi To Awe From Loko Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by leanonme82: 8:33am On May 31, 2023
The outspoken former Central Bank Governor said this at an event during the campaign in the presence of Tinubu:

"And to my friend Asiwaju, if you win and you continue with petroleum subsidy payment and disparity in official and black market rate of dollars, you will have to deal with me. You should know this because you and i will be fighting"

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0CLjvPtXhE

The Ex Emir of Kano has been a stauch advocate for the removal of subsidy payments over the years, advocating for this throughout Buharis 8 years Presidency. When he was the CBN governor under President Jonathan he made a strong argument against it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnVsbkUkwAg

Lalasticlala mynd44 dominique

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by arkonpoint: 8:34am On May 31, 2023
Lets see how this turn out to be. Hopefully it'll be for the betterment of all

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by solmusdesigns: 8:38am On May 31, 2023
Sanusi and Soludo knows so much and they are against subsidy scam

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by Okoroawusa: 8:46am On May 31, 2023
He made this statement before the election.
Those benefiting from forex and subsidy scams will fight o!
I believe that the president should make a broadcast explaining to the ordinary Nigerians in simple why these two scams must go.

7 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by Gmark26: 8:57am On May 31, 2023
My mind is just telling me that, the government have not been sucidising any fuel. Is a scam!
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by savcy(m): 9:03am On May 31, 2023
Subsidy is the least of our worries in comparison to fx arbitrage. The latter is the real monster, and it will fight back dirty. People sit in their homes an use bank connections to make millions daily, and you just want to take that away? If Tinubu successfully unifies both fx windows, I will be his supporter till his tenure elapses. Curbing fx arbitrage would lead to a massive boost in investments. People who have money won't be looking to make cheap profit from off the exchange market any longer. They'd look for ways to either put them in the banks or invest in real sectors of the economy. These are things I expected Buhari to do, and he failed woefully.

7 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by clydecarson(m): 9:05am On May 31, 2023
Gmark26:
My mind is just telling me that, the government have not been sucidising any fuel. Is a scam!

Finally someone said it all,there's absolutely nothing like fuel subsidy

Y'all should stop falling for these bullshit we can't continue like this

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by Gbogbowa: 9:18am On May 31, 2023
This is how to remove subsidy, he copy the answer from Obi but did not know the methodology

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by vannessa7(f): 9:21am On May 31, 2023
Gmark26:

Another confirmation that education is not a scam, imagine!!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by splendid2: 9:26am On May 31, 2023
Fight with who? You want to kill sombori nay
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by SwissMass: 9:32am On May 31, 2023
Subsidy is massive corruption and syphoning channel, it must not remain but drastic measures should be put in place so that marketers don't rip people off.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by OfficialRep(m): 9:37am On May 31, 2023
Let's see it's potential
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by heykims(m): 9:48am On May 31, 2023
Gmark26:
U are a very ignorant. Go get ur tuition back if u ever attended a university.

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by inoki247: 9:51am On May 31, 2023
Gmark26:

Lol you people just come online to talk jargons have you done your research or na ur mind help u du the research.....

How much is fuel at the international market and the neighboring countries....

If there's no subsidy the neighboring countries won't prefer our Petrol cos of the cheapness....

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by NSNO(m): 9:54am On May 31, 2023
savcy:
Subsidy is the least of our worries in comparison to fx arbitrage. The latter is the real monster, and it will fight back dirty. People sit in their homes an use bank connections to make millions daily, and you just want to take that away? If Tinubu successfully unifies both fx windows, I will be his supporter till his tenure elapses. Curbing fx arbitrage would lead to a massive boost in investments. People who have money won't be looking to make cheap profit from off the exchange market any longer. They'd look for ways to either put them in the banks or invest in real sectors of the economy. These are things I expected Buhari to do, and he failed woefully.
While I won't go as far as saying subsidy is the least of our worries, if he can unify the exchange rate then I will know that he means business and like you I will be one of his supporters
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by DeLaRue: 9:59am On May 31, 2023
Fuel subsidy must go in June.

Mr Sanusi did not say the government should merge the official and black market rates.

The government can't merge official and black market rates. It's not possible since the government has no direct control over the black market.

People don't appear to understand that the government operates 2 official rates. Those are the ones the new govt can and will merge. The rates will be merged and the naira will be devalued during the next few months so that the official rate will be around N670 - N700.

Black market will still exist, but if we are able to grow the economy and our foreign reserve significantly, the difference between the official and black market rates will reduce to N10 or less.

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by ayo2008: 10:04am On May 31, 2023
leanonme82:
The outspoken former Central Bank Governor said this at an event during the campaign in the presence of Tinubu:

"And to my friend Asiwaju, if you win and you continue with petroleum subsidy payment and disparity in official and black market rate of dollars, you will have to deal with me. You should know this because you and i will be fighting"

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0CLjvPtXhE

The Ex Emir of Kano has been a stauch advocate for the removal of subsidy payments over the years, advocating for this throughout Buharis 8 years Presidency. When he was the CBN governor under President Jonathan he made a strong argument against it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnVsbkUkwAg

Lalasticlala mynd44 dominique

The question is where is the proceeds for subsidy removal for Diesel and kerosene?.

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:20am On May 31, 2023
savcy:

One thing I will give to Tinubu is that he's a go getter. Once he sets his mind to do something, he'll get it DONE!

These FX arbitrage benefactors should start looking for another way to earn.

Enough is enough!

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:22am On May 31, 2023
DeLaRue:

The government can't merge official and black market rates. It's not possible since the government has no direct control over the black market.

People don't appear to understand that the government operates 2 official rates. Those are the ones the new govt can and will merge. The rates will be merged and the naira will be devalued during the next few months so that the official rate will be around N670 - N700.

Black market will still exist, but if we are able to grow the economy and our foreign reserve significantly, the difference between the official and black market rates will reduce to N10 or less.

You mean the spread between the rates should be give or take, N10?
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by seeyounow2: 10:38am On May 31, 2023
shocked shocked

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by QuotaSystem: 10:41am On May 31, 2023
Okoroawusa:
He made this statement before the election.
Those benefiting from forex and subsidy scams will fight o!

I believe that the president should make a broadcast explaining to the ordinary Nigerians in simple why these two scams must go.

Exactly. That’s the benefit of having a change management plan in place for such an impactful issue as subsidy removal.

In such a plan, stakeholders would be identified, mapped and provided with relevant information at the least about the transition, what it entails and expectations from the change. That would make the transition a lot smoother.
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by nisai: 11:31am On May 31, 2023
DeLaRue:

Mr Sanusi did not say the government should merge the official and black market rates.

What are the figures of the two official rates the government operates, sir?

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by BHG1: 11:32am On May 31, 2023
Prince Otu Appeal To Oil Marketers In Cross River State
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwFGCwikuLE #fuelsubsidy
nisai:
What are the figures of the two official rates the government operates, sir?
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by Unperturbedpota: 2:05pm On May 31, 2023
savcy:
Well said brilliantly.
I am 100% of the same opinion you expressed. If Tinubu can do these two things I will stan him anywhere and declear to all fellow Obidients that he is indeed the Messiah we awaited

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by GeneralPula: 2:14pm On May 31, 2023
So many dirty things behind this subsidy that we’re yet to know..

The people who knows are purely against it which means it just need to go!
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by Lanshile(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2023
DeLaRue:

Is it possible for the black market rate to fall to around the official rate
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by leanonme82: 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2023
shocked
Re: Emir Sanusi To Tinubu: "If You Make Subsidy Payment We Will Fight" (Video) by leanonme82: 10:27am On Jun 03, 2023
DeLaRue:

The two official rates have now been merged.

(1) (Reply)

Bitter Truth About Peter Obi They Don't Like To Hear (Photos) / How to Deal With DSP Alamieyeseigha of Bayelsa State / Lagos To Use Cctv Units To Monitor Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.