Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria (1472 Views)

The Good Old Days Of Toyota Prius / Pre-order 2008 Toyota Prius (1.8M, Hybrid Battery CERTIFIED OKAY) / Hybrid-electric Vehicles: Ask Mymotong (prius, Honda Insight, Camry Hybrid...) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by ibinaboonline: 9:29am On May 31, 2023
Hello Nairalanders,
So, I want to do an article on the Toyota Prius and the experience of owning and using the car in Nigeria. If you have experience about the Prius, whether as a car technician (mechanic) or a car dealer, or an owner; anything you can tell me about the experience of owning and using the car in Nigeria is welcome. Is it a good car? Does the hybrid technology work out in Nigeria? How does it handle on Nigerian roads? How often does it need repairs and where do you take it for repairs? What your friends think of it? What you love/hate most about it? Etc, etc. In fact, you can write a lengthy response to describe your experience (whatever it is) and I'll be sure to quote you in the article. I'll drop the link to the article here when it's ready. Now, over to you, guys. And gals.
Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by victor08(m): 10:21pm On May 31, 2023
Go and read up about the car in car blogs.

Using the car here is same with using abroad, battery blasts long before you need a change, what matters is how proactive you are with scheduled maintenance and your ability to resist temptation of allowing quack electricians to mess with the car system.

Toyota Prius is a lovely car and l plan to get 2012 model next year.

2 Likes

Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by ibinaboonline: 10:37am On Jun 01, 2023
Thanks for your input. We already know enough about the car in general, so it's not about checking it out on car blogs. We hoped to hear directly from owners in Nigeria. We want https://carsandhorsepower.com to be the most authoritative auto culture website this side of the Atlantic. 🙂 Thanks again for your feedback. It helped.
victor08:
Go and read up about the car in car blogs.

Using the car here is same with using abroad, battery blasts long before you need a change, what matters is how proactive you are with scheduled maintenance and your ability to resist temptation of allowing quack electricians to mess with the car system.

Toyota Prius is a lovely car and l plan to get 2012 model next year.
Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by RoadMozart(m): 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
I think theres a thread for hybrid users.
Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by ibinaboonline: 9:06am On Jun 02, 2023
Really? I hope I find it. That'd be a gold mine.
RoadMozart:
I think theres a thread for hybrid users.
Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by olenyi: 7:45am On Jun 03, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Really? I hope I find it. That'd be a gold mine.

https://www.nairaland.com/5248652/hybrid-discussion-thread

Try and read till the end. Its worth it.

Warm regards.

1 Like

Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by ibinaboonline: 9:39am On Jun 03, 2023
Oh, thank you. Thanks very much.
olenyi:

https://www.nairaland.com/5248652/hybrid-discussion-thread

Try and read till the end. Its worth it.

Warm regards.
Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by yungdoc12(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
I'm into hybrid repairs, my suggestion will be toyota hybrid prius is one of the best hybrid ever produce, economically friend in fuel consumption, less repairs on the hybrid system, very smooth in the movement. And hardly get issues unless repair by wrong technicians that does not know anything about the hybrid car

For more info
WhatsApp me : 08029906716

1 Like

Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by ibinaboonline: 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2023
Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. May I ask where you are based and how to locate your workshop?
yungdoc12:
I'm into hybrid repairs, my suggestion will be toyota hybrid prius is one of the best hybrid ever produce, economically friend in fuel consumption, less repairs on the hybrid system, very smooth in the movement. And hardly get issues unless repair by wrong technicians that does not know anything about the hybrid car

For more info
WhatsApp me : 08029906716
Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by yungdoc12(m): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Thanks for your input. Much appreciated. May I ask where you are based and how to locate your workshop?

I'm in Rivers state port Harcourt, my office is at Rumuigbo before Haruk Group of School
Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by ibinaboonline: 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
Got it.
yungdoc12:

I'm in Rivers state port Harcourt, my office is at Rumuigbo before Haruk Group of School
Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by ChukaLupin(m): 7:32pm On Aug 24, 2023
Hello. Are you done with the article? I'd like to read it, please.

Thanks.

ibinaboonline:
Hello Nairalanders,
So, I want to do an article on the Toyota Prius and the experience of owning and using the car in Nigeria. If you have experience about the Prius, whether as a car technician (mechanic) or a car dealer, or an owner; anything you can tell me about the experience of owning and using the car in Nigeria is welcome. Is it a good car? Does the hybrid technology work out in Nigeria? How does it handle on Nigerian roads? How often does it need repairs and where do you take it for repairs? What your friends think of it? What you love/hate most about it? Etc, etc. In fact, you can write a lengthy response to describe your experience (whatever it is) and I'll be sure to quote you in the article. I'll drop the link to the article here when it's ready. Now, over to you, guys. And gals.
Re: Using Toyota Prius In Nigeria by ibinaboonline: 8:38am On Aug 25, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Some People Prefer Mercedes Benz 2 Japanese Cars? / Documents Require When Buying Registered Naija Car / Graphic Photos From Bike/tipper Accident In Ketu This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.