Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy (19970 Views)

7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike / Pictures Of NLC President Ajaero & Oshiomhole At The FG & NLC Meeting / FG, NLC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by fijiano202(m): 1:37pm On May 31, 2023
mikeapollo:

Blind support! Tinubu messed up with that careless and reckless comment that he made ''subsidy is gone''!
Now, he has caused unnecessary hardship in the economy!

A wise president would have taken his time to settle down and received detailed briefings from technocrats and stakeholders in the industry and consult widely before making such remarks!
Being a president is different from being an opposition leader! Presidents should not talk anyhow!
not a supporter of Tinubu but What he did was the best But he could have instructed Military abd para military units to Go out and clamp down on Those Intending of hoarding and high prices

June was the deadline ...even NNPC knew that and took advantage of that

2 Likes

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Jagabanarmy: 1:38pm On May 31, 2023
Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-nlc-to-meet-over-fuel-subsidy/

I said it here that this removal decision can't stand. NLC will not buy the idea. No practical plans on ground to warrant its removal. Our refineries are not working and dangote's refinery we hope on isn't fully functional. Going forward, Jagaban should always engage stakeholders before taken critical decisions . The suffering is unbearable for our people
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by bonnyhope: 1:38pm On May 31, 2023
This should have been done before the announcement of subsidy removal
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Kion: 1:39pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

God curse PBAT
God curse VP Shettima
God curse Nigerians in all the six five geopolitical zones.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Jagabanarmy: 1:42pm On May 31, 2023
fijiano202:
Haha ..NLC that is a joke. Subsidy that has been removed since last year ...plan was to end in June ..so why meeting now ...
Oga this NLC president is different oooo. Go and check him out. I don't support this removal now but we know it will eventually go but nothing on ground to warrant its removal
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Judolisco(m): 1:42pm On May 31, 2023
The NLC do not represent the people... The NLC is extremely corrupt and only talk because of their pocket
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by GeneralPula: 1:43pm On May 31, 2023
“The pronouncement by Mr President is as good as law
God bless you Mr.Jeo..
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by chrisxxx(m): 1:43pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Yes, they can meet to discuss how to mitigate the spontaneous effect of the removal. But I trust the great Jagaban of Africa, subsidy is gone and gone for good.

A line may be added in the salaries of public and civil servants. Learning and medical facilities may be provided in appropriate institutions at reduced prices for the benefit of Nigerians. Infact, there are more than a million ways to redirect the subsidy funds for our collective good.

But continued enrichment of the already very rich fuel marketers in the name of the scam called subsidy should stop forthwith.

God bless PBAT
God bless VP Shettima
God bless Nigerians in all the six five geopolitical zones.
Is like your job is praise singing?
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Jagabanarmy: 1:44pm On May 31, 2023
Bobloco:
a step in the right direction

but truth be told, Tinubu goofed with that "subsidy is gone" pronouncement right at the inauguration podium. it wasn't necessary

for those that will find my comment offensive and also mention me to pour your frustrations on me, kindly go to the various fillings station across your cities and pour out your frustrations. thank you

every body dey vex
A big goofed!. Going forward, he should always engage more especially stakeholders before taking a critical decision. Those supporting the removal now are unpatriotic individuals who like seeing our people suffering. I will always say the truth

1 Like

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Hisbah(f): 1:44pm On May 31, 2023
Fiscus105:

I just dey laugh at you, anyway, ur parent still in charge of ur life Sha.

Wen they wanted to close bother, they promised heaven and earth, more than 4 years, it's hell.

When they wanted to change currency, they polished it until, it became unbearable.

Kerosene and diesel are long deregulated, where is the savings from it?

Petrol they want to deregulates the, the savings will still find its way in SEYI Tinubu, his friends and Tinubu cronies.

Keep on reacting gragra, by 2 months, the total negative effects would come in full force, not even when Tinubu want to adjust exchanged rate simultaneously.
It must go. Let's all support Tinubu for the good of our country.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by deeva2: 1:46pm On May 31, 2023
I spoke to one Obingo yesterday…. He belongs to Obi-dients cult.

I asked him if Obi removed subsidy how much do you think fuel would be sold

The werey said because it is Obi maybe 100 naira 😂🤣🤣😂

I just walked away! My energy and time is so precious to me than to argue with cl0wns!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by baralatie(m): 1:47pm On May 31, 2023
🤹🤹
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Zxcvbnmghtr: 1:48pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Yes, they can meet to discuss how to mitigate the spontaneous effect of the removal. But I trust the great Jagaban of Africa, subsidy is gone and gone for good.

A line may be added in the salaries of public and civil servants. Learning and medical facilities may be provided in appropriate institutions at reduced prices for the benefit of Nigerians. Infact, there are more than a million ways to redirect the subsidy funds for our collective good.

But continued enrichment of the already very rich fuel marketers in the name of the scam called subsidy should stop forthwith.

God bless PBAT
God bless VP Shettima

The only reason I am supporting Tinubu on this is because my Master, Peter Obi would have done the same. Don't worry after we collect our mandate back we will continue with the good work he has started. "Fuel subsidy is gone for good".
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by SonicDre: 1:49pm On May 31, 2023
Okay
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by GoodbutBadguy: 1:50pm On May 31, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

A big goofed!. Going forward, he should always engage more especially stakeholders before taking a critical decision. Those supporting the removal now are unpatriotic individuals who like seeing our people suffering. I will always say the truth
A decision that has been taken by PMB since January, why did NLC and other stake holders wait till this moment undecided subsidy is gone it is too late to reverse it.there is no provision for fuel subsidy in the 2023 budget. Maybe BAT should kuku subsidize the fuel with workers' salary since subsidy is the most important to NLC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Menclothing: 1:50pm On May 31, 2023
People who don’t want this country to work too many
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by smemud(m): 1:51pm On May 31, 2023
richidinho:
How can you just wake up one morning and remove subsidy, you cant even hide the fact that your mandate is a stolen one.

This is how people's mandate operate on the first day in office

1. Gov Abba Gida has ordered the reopening of all craft centres that was constructed by former governor kwankwaso

2. Gov. Alia has laid a foundation stone for the construction of 200 low cost housing estate

3. Gov. Adeleke has ordered for construction of bore holes in all the wards in the state

4. Gov. Otti has ordered for the evacuation of refuse in the city centres of Aba and Umuahia

All these in less than 24hrs of their swearing in

Meanwhile, This is what the owner of the mandate Tinubu is enjoying said about subsidy in 2022
na rubbish peter obi dey say,it's better we tackle it then leave it done partially.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by RacistProudIgbo: 1:54pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

God bless PBAT
God bless VP Shettima

Majority of those in one region that you added on your foolish illusion are from people you hate ..is like a Palestinian praying against Israel, what a joke from blessless individual.

The joke is still on you.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by MasterTeeUSA: 1:55pm On May 31, 2023
I am sure the incoming administration had plans in place. If not, let me suggest..

at least 100,000 buses...use IVM and import some as needed.

Each state gets about 3000 buses...they can charge reasonably to dent the greed of Transport people.

Keep the price at deregulated price so only those that can afford should really drive. Then those people should have the needed paperwork and insurance.

Last but not least, export all the other crude since we will consume way less...and use the money to do massive infrastructures, increase salaries by doubling them...and with time set up credit systems.

My own idea

They can also proportion the buses for farming communities and based on population in High dense areas and create hubs to maintain...100k driver jobs immediately

Islie:

https://dailytrust.com/fg-nlc-to-meet-over-fuel-subsidy/

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Okwyjesus(m): 2:02pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

God bless PBAT
God bless VP Shettima

But the remaining region is already blessed. You need to visit their villages one of this days and see success in structure and livings.

They are already bringing good hands as governors.

You should bother on how you will cope with new fuel price that is already above 500 in SW
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by BreconHills(m): 2:02pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

God bless PBAT
God bless VP Shettima

Is it not these same NLC that did not allow Yaradua sell the PH refinery to Dangote/Otedola consortium? Scammers Aluta
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Acesexcell(m): 2:05pm On May 31, 2023
gloryman91:
Federal Civil Servants are yet to receive May salaries.

Please pay us salaries today.
it's getting too much my brother.

1 Like

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Panda7(m): 2:10pm On May 31, 2023
why doesnt the govt wait for dangote refinery to get functioning first before removing the subsidy to avoid inflation, remember fuel price has a direct effects on the economic.

1 Like

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by gare(f): 2:12pm On May 31, 2023
post=123487956:
We will get there,
To a land flowing with milk and honey.

Any advocate on fuel subsidy should convince the Nigerian people why President Tinubu should embark on a present illegality that gulped $10 billion of our scarce or unavailable resources in 2022 alone.

Those claiming to defend the right or welfare of workers should convince the Nigerian people that $10 billion injected into the economy yearly will not jumpstart the economy enough as to create massive jobs and even increase the same minimum wage they complain about.

Anything to love our Darling country forward is all we want at [/b].

[b]God bless the sane, honest and hardworking people of our land.
Y'all will eat the fruit of the land.

For the other ones that only pray to see negative happenings in the nation, the Negativity will hover around them as long as they keep wishing the country bad.

We Rise

Do you think you are on the Positive side ? or by taking side with Tinubu like the way you drolled after Buhari does that put you on the positive side, the last regime had 8yrs to fix the 4 refineries so that if subsidy was removed it would not affect the masses, but instead he borrowed more money than 16yrs of PDP, and actually nothing to show for it, if your leaderd had the masses at heart the writer of that speech and the person that vetted it should know in the implication of that pronouncement, but they dont care and it not today i know you with your grill business that does not grow like Buhari's Cow.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 31, 2023
At least we saw garri to eat during Buhari's regime.

May God not allow us join Northerners in eating grass in Tinubu's regime!

I don kuku go buy two new sneakers join. I go try buy bicycle by weekend, then install small solar for house.

No be me una go kill for this corn-tree !
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by blaise26abj(m): 2:31pm On May 31, 2023
post=123487956:
We will get there,
To a land flowing with milk and honey.

Any advocate on fuel subsidy should convince the Nigerian people why President Tinubu should embark on a present illegality that gulped $10 billion of our scarce or unavailable resources in 2022 alone.

Those claiming to defend the right or welfare of workers should convince the Nigerian people that $10 billion injected into the economy yearly will not jumpstart the economy enough as to create massive jobs and even increase the same minimum wage they complain about.

Anything to love our Darling country forward is all we want at [/b].

[b]God bless the sane, honest and hardworking people of our land.
Y'all will eat the fruit of the land.

For the other ones that only pray to see negative happenings in the nation, the Negativity will hover around them as long as they keep wishing the country bad.

We Rise

Let’s discuss .
Subsidy itself is not a problem . Corruption is the problem . No matter the amount saved , corruption will still take it .
You cannot say because the bath water for the baby is dirty , throw the baby and the water away . Corruption is the main issue . We need to reduce it drastically in our polity .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Ofemannnu: 2:35pm On May 31, 2023
Here are five benefits of fuel subsidy removal:

1. Fuel subsidy removal, according to experts, would free up resources for other sectors of the economy.

2. The government spends a significant portion of its budget on fuel subsidies, which could be better spent on education, healthcare, infrastructure development, amongst other key sectors.

3. Establishments of domestic refineries to produce more petroleum products, reducing Nigeria’s dependence on imported fuel.

4. Availability of domestic refineries will boost the country’s economy

5. Massive creation of jobs for Nigerians.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Mom007(f): 2:51pm On May 31, 2023
The government should now set up agencies that will checkmate over inflation of goods and services due to subsidy removal. Members of the national unions of road transport workers should be checkmated so they don't unleash unnecessary suffering on people with unreasonable fare hikes and so on. Nigerians should bear the pains of tackling the beast called fuel subsidy once and for all and let us grow past it.
President Tinubu owes Good luck Jonathan an apology though...
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by maasoap(m): 2:52pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:

God bless PBAT
God bless VP Shettima
God bless Nigerians in all the six geopolitical zones.

A prolonged industrial strike will reset his brain and force him to reconsider his decision. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by maasoap(m): 2:55pm On May 31, 2023
blaise26abj:

Let’s discuss .
Subsidy itself is not a problem . Corruption is the problem . No matter the amount saved , corruption will still take it .
You cannot say because the bath water for the baby is dirty , throw the baby and the water away . Corruption is the main issue . We need to reduce it drastically in our polity .

That's what I have saying too. The corruption that made the payments for subsidy to skyrocket will still make the whatever funds saved from the subsidy removal disappear into the private pockets

2 Likes

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by blaise26abj(m): 3:23pm On May 31, 2023
maasoap:

That's what I have saying too. The corruption that made the payments for subsidy to skyrocket will still make the whatever funds saved from the subsidy removal disappear into the private pockets

God bless you . The reason Jonathan was attacked for removal of subsidy was because Nigerians did not trust them with money saved and justifiably so .

Corruption under Tinubu will finish whatever is saved . Corruption should be removed/reduced , not subsidy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senators, Reps Share N46 Billion Annually- Daily Trust / EFCC Refers To ICPC As "Introvert" When It Comes To Fighting Corruption - Reacti / Bamise Ayanwole: Everyone Culpable Will Be Arrested - Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.