Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,798 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy (19964 Views)

7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike / Pictures Of NLC President Ajaero & Oshiomhole At The FG & NLC Meeting / FG, NLC Meeting On Fuel Subsidy Removal Ends In Deadlock (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by AngelicBeing: 3:27pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Yes, they can meet to discuss how to mitigate the spontaneous effect of the removal. But I trust the great Jagaban of Africa, subsidy is gone and gone for good.

A line may be added in the salaries of public and civil servants. Learning and medical facilities may be provided in appropriate institutions at reduced prices for the benefit of Nigerians. Infact, there are more than a million ways to redirect the subsidy funds for our collective good.

But continued enrichment of the already very rich fuel marketers in the name of the scam called subsidy should stop forthwith.

God bless PBAT
God bless VP Shettima
God bless Nigerians in all the six five geopolitical zones.
Hian, 5 geopolitical zones ke, another exhibit to be used against you in the ongoing investigation against you, we are not rushing your case, it is either Asaba or Aba detention center for 300 years for you tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by benjaminlawson(m): 3:33pm On May 31, 2023
Jagabanarmy:

I said it here that this removal decision can't stand. NLC will not buy the idea. No practical plans on ground to warrant its removal. Our refineries are not working and dangote's refinery we hope on isn't fully functional. Going forward, Jagaban should always engage stakeholders before taken critical decisions . The suffering is unbearable for our people

How would someone with mindset of entitlement consult any one he is law to himself.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by simplesearch: 3:36pm On May 31, 2023
The amount paid as subsidy before now ought to be ploughed into meaningful ventures that has direct bearing on the welfare of masses. But let's watch and see if it will not be looted as usual and shared among cronies, while the purpose is defeated headlong. Let's wait and see!
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by dalass(f): 3:55pm On May 31, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Yes, they can meet to discuss how to mitigate the spontaneous effect of the removal. But I trust the great Jagaban of Africa, subsidy is gone and gone for good.

A line may be added in the salaries of public and civil servants. Learning and medical facilities may be provided in appropriate institutions at reduced prices for the benefit of Nigerians. Infact, there are more than a million ways to redirect the subsidy funds for our collective good.

But continued enrichment of the already very rich fuel marketers in the name of the scam called subsidy should stop forthwith.

God bless PBAT
God bless VP Shettima
God bless Nigerians in all the six five geopolitical zones.

That is how Sai baba Buhari convinced everyone that raising pump price of PMS from 80 something naira to 140 something will make PMS available and eventually prices will crash! Since then it has been fuel scarcity, price increases while still claiming that they are paying even more subsidy year in year out to their cronies. angry angry

Nigerian masses should not pay for corruption that we have federal agencies like Police, EFCC, ICPC that can be strengthened to expose and punish the criminals involved.

Animal farm all over again

1 Like

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Ray07(m): 4:06pm On May 31, 2023
MasterTeeUSA:

I am sure the incoming administration had plans in place. If not, let me suggest..

at least 100,000 buses...use IVM and import some as needed.

Each state gets about 3000 buses...they can charge reasonably to dent the greed of Transport people.

Keep the price at deregulated price so only those that can afford should really drive. Then those people should have the needed paperwork and insurance.

Last but not least, export all the other crude since we will consume way less...and use the money to do massive infrastructures, increase salaries by doubling them...and with time set up credit systems.

My own idea

They can also proportion the buses for farming communities and based on population in High dense areas and create hubs to maintain...100k driver jobs immediately

this was Jonathan plan before all evil elements in Nigeria came out to protest.

A bitter pill everyone must swallow.
I so much hate this country.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by MasterTeeUSA: 4:12pm On May 31, 2023
Jonathan was an accidental president. People did not fight his policy...they fought his right to be the President, and only used the policy fights as a cover. Nigeria cannot afford an accidental president that is not and was not agreed to by the North and the South. This is one of the reason I believe Tinubu won.

Atiku was a Northern Candidate
Peter Obi was a Southern Candidate
Tinubu was a Northern and Southern Candidate...and all parts of Nigeria, except for one region mobilized for him because the handwriting was on the wall.

This is my own belief....feel free to speculate yours.

Ray07:
this was Jonathan plan before all evil elements in Nigeria came out to protest.

A bitter pill everyone must swallow.
I so much hate this country.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by mdshell(m): 4:22pm On May 31, 2023
Onye nkoyeri ka ibu

post=123487956:
We will get there,
To a land flowing with milk and honey.

Any advocate on fuel subsidy should convince the Nigerian people why President Tinubu should embark on a present illegality that gulped $10 billion of our scarce or unavailable resources in 2022 alone.

Those claiming to defend the right or welfare of workers should convince the Nigerian people that $10 billion injected into the economy yearly will not jumpstart the economy enough as to create massive jobs and even increase the same minimum wage they complain about.

Anything to love our Darling country forward is all we want at [/b].

[b]God bless the sane, honest and hardworking people of our land.
Y'all will eat the fruit of the land.

For the other ones that only pray to see negative happenings in the nation, the Negativity will hover around them as long as they keep wishing the country bad.

We Rise
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Holuwathoby(m): 4:30pm On May 31, 2023
This is what is called "proactive governance." The government is not waiting until NLC embark on industrial action.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by enemyofprogress: 5:37pm On May 31, 2023
Una fit get fuel at control price here. I for give una the address but una too dey arrogant, una no dey greet person. I go leave all of una to suffer.

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by BJanta: 6:10pm On May 31, 2023
[quote author=LeoDeKing post=123487636]Yes, they can meet to discuss how to mitigate the spontaneous effect of the removal. But I trust the great Jagaban of Africa, subsidy is gone and gone for good.

God bless PBAT
God bless VP Shettima
God bless Nigerians in all the six five geopolitical zones.[/quot

GOD bless you too Omoluabi in the Name of JESUS CHRIST, amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Chidolalar: 6:54pm On May 31, 2023
Ofemannnu:
Here are five benefits of fuel subsidy removal:

1. Fuel subsidy removal, according to experts, would free up resources for other sectors of the economy.

2. The government spends a significant portion of its budget on fuel subsidies, which could be better spent on education, healthcare, infrastructure development, amongst other key sectors.

3. Establishments of domestic refineries to produce more petroleum products, reducing Nigeria’s dependence on imported fuel.

4. Availability of domestic refineries will boost the country’s economy

5. Massive creation of jobs for Nigerians.

Corruption will still make Dem Siphon majority of d money saved from fuel subsidy.
Nigeria government nah complete scam
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by Seankay323: 8:03pm On May 31, 2023
Na seyi tinubu go run this government las las! Tinubu that couldnt pressure buhari to build refinery so that when he comes into power it would have solved most of his problems. If buhari had built a working refinery , most ppl wont complain since we have crude. You want ppl to import and compete with NNPC abi that earns forex from selling crude. If you like go to Russia to import, NNPC sef go enter russia import but can you compete with Dangote and NNPC ?lai lai. I know some will say run your business effciently bla bla blah guy na naija we dey o. Tinubu let Dangote refinery start producing and see how much it will sell for and everybody must feel am o not only the poor. Cost of governance is still too high, MAKE GOVERNANCE LESS LUCRATIVE AND MORE OF A SERVICE TO THE NATION.
Re: FG, NLC To Meet Over Fuel Subsidy by LilleG(m): 8:41pm On May 31, 2023
fijiano202:
Haha ..NLC that is a joke. Subsidy that has been removed since last year ...plan was to end in June ..so why meeting now ...
But this thing is really affecting the masses. Abah, make them leave the subsidy self

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue: PDP's Samuel Ortom heads for victory as INEC concludes collation / '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ / Car Explosion At Benue Government House (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.