Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu (947 Views)

Senate Presidency: Is Senator Abdul'Aziz Yari Going To Play Another Saraki 2.0? / I Won’t Step Down, INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Replies Opposition Parties / Kenneth Imasuagbon: I Won’t Step Down For Obaseki, Even In My Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by 9jaBlogger: 2:17pm On May 31, 2023
Chief Whip of the Senate, Sen. Orji Uzor Kalu has disclosed that he is still in the race for Senate Presidency of the impending 10th National Assembly, vowing not to step down for anybody as there was no going back.

Addressing National Assembly press corps, on Tuesday, the former Abia governor disclosed that he and Abdulaziz Yari, a former Zamfara governor and Senate Presidency aspirant, have formed an alliance to produce the next Senate President.

Not minding that the leadership of his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) have formally endorsed Sen. Godswill Akpabio (Akwa-Ibom), from the South for the senate plum position, Kalu said the Igbo Senate Presidency is very much alive.

Kalu warned that what happened during Bukola Saraki — where he dribbled the leadership of the APC to emerge as Senate President against the party’s choice — is likely to happen on the June 13 NASS’ inauguration.

However, the Senate Chief Whip told journalists that he and Senator Yari are discussing who should be the Senate President and the Deputy Senate President.

Kalu said, “I can’t step down for anybody. My group and Yari’s group are talking. No one zone can produce the president of the Senate.

“The partnership will be unveiled. We are in talks and we have decided to be talking. That talk will be unveiled by our sponsors.

“Yari and I will be happy to follow what our sponsors decide.

“We are not looking for what to eat, we just want to support Tinubu to succeed. If people think what happened during Saraki will not happen again they are dreaming. We will congratulate who wins and if we win, they should congratulate us.”

“We have the largest press but we decided to go underground. We will unveil our plans on the 13th of June. Whether Yari-Kalu or Kalu-Yari, we will not disappoint Nigerians.”

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/05/31/senate-presidency-i-wont-step-down-expect-saraki-2-0-orji-kalu-blows-hot-metrowatch/

Lala Seun Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by 9jaBlogger: 2:18pm On May 31, 2023
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by money121(m): 2:22pm On May 31, 2023
Wahala
Greedy
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by Betanaija42moro: 2:38pm On May 31, 2023
The party should allow the Senators to choose their leaders
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by GeneralPula: 2:40pm On May 31, 2023
DOA..

Godswill is the God’s will..
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by donphilopus: 2:49pm On May 31, 2023
Yet they're all over nairaland claiming that south south and southeast are siblings. Lol. During Obasanjo's tenure, 5 Igbos were Senate Presidents while the south south supported them but it's time for them to support the south south, they've now realized that we are no longer brothers. It's fine.!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by b3llo(m): 2:54pm On May 31, 2023
NASS should choose their leaders without interference of the Party.
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by Ezeama400: 2:55pm On May 31, 2023
donphilopus:
Yet they're all over nairaland claiming that south south and southeast are siblings. Lol. During Obasanjo's tenure, 5 Igbos were Senate Presidents while the south south supported them but it's time for them to support the south south, they've now realized that we are no longer brothers. It's fine.!

Quit your petty politics.. Both Akpabio and Kalu are mad.. Nobody is supporting them .. Whatever they are doing is within their party and their APC supporters..

If they have the will of the people, they wouldhave deliverd their respective states for APC during the presidential election.. Nobody send Akpabio in SS including Kalu..
Meanwhile , the division you are fantasizing is a wasted effort..
Akpabio's wife is from Enugu..

Stop wasting your time
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by donphilopus: 2:58pm On May 31, 2023
Ezeama400:

Quit your petty politics.. Both Akpabio and Kalu are mad.. Nobody is supporting them .. Whatever they are doing is within their party and their APC supporters..

If they have the will of the people, they wouldhave deliverd their respective states for APC during the presidential election.. Nobody send Akpabio in SS including Kalu..
Meanwhile , the division you are fantasizing is a wasted effort..
Akpabio's wife is from Enugu..

Stop wasting your time

What division am I fantasizing? Have we ever been one? You guys have always claimed we are one the the pages of newspapers and online yet you do otherwise in reality. Why should Kalu still insist on contesting when the party has already chosen his so-called brother? You only claim we are one when it suits you.

BTW, Akpabio is more loved by his people than OUK. OUK was able to win his senatorial election but couldn't deliver just 10k votes for Tinubu in the entire state while APC came second in Akpabio's Akwa Ibom and also securing the required 25%.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by Phantom233: 3:25pm On May 31, 2023
Shameless man, like Amaechi always licking people's ass just to stay relevant but where is Amaechi today? After betraying his people and threatening to form a parallel government if Buhari the ( calamity) doesn't win.
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by Opinedecandid(m): 3:38pm On May 31, 2023
Mouth.
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by inoki247: 3:40pm On May 31, 2023
No worry u go colet the way u Colet during Primary and play the victim card again....
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2023
Okay pooh

We are watching
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by NigerianAngelo(m): 4:13pm On May 31, 2023
Orji Uzor Kalu (Abia) will be the next Senate President by God's grace.

Even Bola Patricius Tinubu may tilt towards him last minute.

Christian-Christian Nigeria. Give not aboki a chance in aeternum.
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by APCNig: 5:04pm On May 31, 2023
From Kalu’s statements he doesn’t mind being second fiddle to another Northerner. He just doesn’t want a fellow Southerner to have it. What a coward! Same thing he did during the Presidential primaries, he took Ahmed Lawan to Buhari and told Buhari that Lawan was the consensus candidate of the Igbos. He prefers that a Northerner has it than Tinubu having it. At the end of the day, he was humiliated.

Tinubu will bury this guy’s political career just as he buried Bukola Saraki’s own. Idiots don’t learn from history
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by APCNig: 5:09pm On May 31, 2023
NigerianAngelo:
Orji Uzor Kalu (Abia) will be the next Senate President by God's grace.

Even Bola Patricius Tinubu may tilt towards him last minute.

Christian-Christian Nigeria. Give not aboki a chance in aeternum.

Your Kalu said he may be deputy Senate President to another Northerner. Tinubu may just watch and let Kalu throw the post away to the North, then Tinubu will laugh at you all
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by yemmight(m): 6:20pm On May 31, 2023
This is another traitor.
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by Igboid: 6:40pm On May 31, 2023
OUK is a Mandate thief.
Nobody in SE sent him.
He rigged himself into senate. Soon his election will be upturned and the LP candidate will be installed.
Nobody in SE sent OUK for Senate presidency. You can't be vying for Senate presidency on stolen mandate. OUK is not mentally stable.
He should do well to keep Ndiigbo away from his stupidity.
Re: Senate Presidency: ‘I Won’t Step Down For Akpabio, Expect Saraki 2.0’ - Kalu by paramakina202: 6:45pm On May 31, 2023
donphilopus:

Politicians from same local government compete for position at national level.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Far Is Ajah To Sangotedo & How Many B/stops / President Bola Tinubu They Are Planing Evil Against You Sir / Road: Channel Your Complaint To FG, Ogun Govt Urges Obong Of Calabar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.