Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. (33151 Views)

Advice Me, I’m A Graduate, I’m Considering Learning An Handiwork / Business Or Handiwork What Should I Do? / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Tboymessiah(m): 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
Bankowner:
Canada right now is looking for tradesmen like you for PR eligibility, I'll advice you look in that direction.

If possible, enroll in a Technical Institute to get certification as a welder.

Wish you success.

Please do you know any technical institute that train ppu for weldering
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Chummynoni(m): 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2023
Thank you OP for sharing this. Atimes , all that is needed is courage from someone before taking the needed step. It won’t be bad if I also learn a skill as a bonus 🤔. As Nigeria be now, man need to be Jack of all trades,LoL
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by millionboi2: 3:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
Alonso91:
These is exactly what I'm currently doing at 30+ of age....... Decided on my own to learn something,met with one guy like that who is an artist and also a barber....... Have made part payment and learning is going on smoothly cuz d guy understand n considerate......cus really wanna be free from these my 70k a month job...
70k a month without wife is okay oo,lets not be selfish,you can save up Capital and start from dia...... don't leave your 70k job yet xpt you are sacked.

It's never too late to start something
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by ibrahass: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oga welder!

Reason my future man must have more than 4 businesses that are bringing in millions every month. I can’t settle for a welder. It’s not my portion!!!

May God help you struggling men.

Are u ok?
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by emmybobo1: 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2023
Abemy:

He is very lucky.

I married a fashion designer trainee, later fully paid for her training in a more modernized fashion designer in part of the town we reside then. Two months into the training she stopped that she is even the one teaching the owner of the company.

Bought her machine but the agitation of 2017 could not allow us start a shop as we are strangers here in the east.

I pack all my belongings to the village, sold some of my properties off.

In 2021, my wife was enrolled in another training for 6 months for rehearsal, she did three weeks and stopped again, I bought another machine as the first one was left in the village, now my queen Elizabeth refuse for a shop to be established for her, she want to sleep all day, watch movies, but also wants to spend large from my megal salary.

She line up people I must help as the Bible ask us to help others, but she refuse to help, I decide to send her to my village where I send her 20k monthly, no matter her lamentations about 20k being too poor to cater for herself and our three children, I don't add one Kobo.

Any time I ask her what she would do, if I drop dead right away, she would angrily answer untill then.

I regret telling her my salary. This is a woman a female judge would tell me she is a co-owner of all my properties, whether she contributed funds or not?
What agitation in 2017? And how are you a stranger in the east ? Are u not a Nigerian ? Lazy people always giving lame excuses. In Anambra here a Yoruba man sews my natives and he’s a go to person here. You are not at any disadvantage in the east for not being a native, unless maybe you and your wife are trouble makers

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Alonso91(m): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
[quote author=millionboi2 post=123511308][/quote]

I have wife and a son..
Not leaving the work now,,just trying to upgrade myself and be my own boss...
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Ndidi2: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
Successonpoint:
I hope my story will motivate someone to take charge of their life.
I lost my job last year July, and so a friend of mine introduce me to a poultry farm where I am earning 22k per month.

A man with wife and two kids o, my wife was not happy with the job even though she has been supportive in her own little way. And then, she suggested that I should learn handwork, and so I decided to learn welder.

On getting to the man, he told me I will spend 2 years o, I will pay 70k to learn from him. Me way I no get even 20k, I begged him to collect 50k and he agreed.

Then he asked me to make part payment of 30k. I went home and told my wife, and then she gave me 20k to give to the man. I gave the man 20k and he collected it, to my greatest surprise within 2 months I started doing the welding job perfectly.

On my own, I have paid up the remaining 30k with small small repairs job he allowed me to be doing for people. And by God's grace, I have started saving up for my tools.

I really thank my wife for the advice and the welder too. The man has been a tremendous blessing to me in many way. He even told me yesterday that with the look of things I may be free from him in 2 months time except I decided to still remain with him for a while.

Please take charge of your life and stop depending on people for survival.
l am highly motivated but please in God's name l beg u on my knees

DO ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR EYES
I repeat

PROTECT YOUR EYES ALWAYS
I mean religiously.

4 Likes

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by jaxxy(m): 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
Don't give up
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Slimplush: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2023
Glowqueen3:
How l wish l could learn a handwork too,please which vocational skill is lucrative and good for a lady, Maybe l can also follow in your footsteps.
catering service and along that line....

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Kemadealadire(f): 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
mployer:
Wrong move.

You have opportunity to learn the poultry business while getting paid on it, but you choose to pay just to learn local welding.

I know some wealthy poultry business owners, I am yet to see a wealthy local welder in Nigeria.
Both can be done side by side.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Sablexxxtoons: 3:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
mployer:
Wrong move.

You have opportunity to learn the poultry business while getting paid on it, but you choose to pay just to learn local welding.

I know some wealthy poultry business owners, I am yet to see a wealthy local welder in Nigeria.

No knowledge is lost.. now he can fabricate his own cages and sell them even to other farmers..
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Quebec91(m): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
I tell you
1Alex:
thank God you have a supportive wife. you never know how lucky you are.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by OvertheTop(m): 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
Oju4190:
Congrats.....protect ur eyes oooo

Successonpoint,
Very Important. Be safety Conscious. Use Hand Gloves and Goggles always
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Microwhy: 3:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
Successonpoint:
On my own, I have paid up the remaining 30k with small small repairs job he allowed me to be doing for people. And by God's grace, I have started saving up for my tools.
Not just your wife but you also need to be saluted.
Please after the two months freedom, walk around town and you will surely see a new company with an ongoing project where they're erecting Stanchions, Kirbi, Mazzini, Rafter etc. Ask for the teamlead and introduce yourself. The pay is 90k/month though.
In Industrial welding, you have to know the difference between the electrodes and strictly adhere to it. MS-MS, SS-SS, MS-SS Welding electrodes.
Also, you have to know how and when to reduce the intensity 75,80,90,110 etc.

4 Likes

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Abemy(m): 3:40pm On Jun 01, 2023
emmybobo1:

What agitation in 2017? And how are you a stranger in the east ? Are u not a Nigerian ? Lazy people always giving lame excuses. In Anambra here a Yoruba man sews my natives and he’s a go to person here. You are not at any disadvantage in the east for not being a native, unless maybe you and your wife are trouble makers

Don't sound like a hypocrite, even when locals, I mean indigenous people were being killed? It is good to delve into argument about something only if you have the details.

I was just transferred to Abia state from Imo state here, was yet to move my family with me, when Mnamdi Kanu became a god. I had to move my people, our of the east, but due to my job, I was still in Abia state.

You can't tell me what I know, as we speak, I am in Orlu Imo State, I have been around for too long to be lied to, by you.

2 Likes

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by virginboy1(m): 3:44pm On Jun 01, 2023
It is well
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by trytillmake(m): 3:45pm On Jun 01, 2023
Oga nice wife u have there, na this kind story i dey like hear.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Emmanuel909090: 3:50pm On Jun 01, 2023
Nice congratulations 🎉
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by 123yes(m): 3:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
Jennyclay:
Oga welder!

Reason my future man must have more than 4 businesses that are bringing in millions every month. I can’t settle for a welder. It’s not my portion!!!

May God help you struggling men.
You never see man to marry you and you have a choice. I know a welder who did my doors and Windows when I was building my first house in 2006. As I am writing this text, the man has over 8 houses with over 20 boys working for him. Don't look down on people.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by balarabe01(m): 3:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
Oh dear, i really sympathize with you and your family, its not easy indeed, just keepup, dont look back, and try and be sourcing for welding contracts eg doors, gates, fueling stations etc. Goodluck man. Stay humble and hussle tight. Naija is soldout.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by liamjakes247: 4:04pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good one, don't let the poultry knowledge die off. If your can invest in it for your wife to handle, be sure of feeding and making money from it for life
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by meekparagon(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
Floxyijeoma:
Which online or offline skill do you have?

Am a professional house painter and interior designer as well.

I also have diploma in management.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Munzy14(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
Successonpoint:
I hope my story will motivate someone to take charge of their life.
I lost my job last year July, and so a friend of mine introduce me to a poultry farm where I am earning 22k per month.

A man with wife and two kids o, my wife was not happy with the job even though she has been supportive in her own little way. And then, she suggested that I should learn handwork, and so I decided to learn welder.

On getting to the man, he told me I will spend 2 years o, I will pay 70k to learn from him. Me way I no get even 20k, I begged him to collect 50k and he agreed.

Then he asked me to make part payment of 30k. I went home and told my wife, and then she gave me 20k to give to the man. I gave the man 20k and he collected it, to my greatest surprise within 2 months I started doing the welding job perfectly.

I really thank my wife for the advice and the welder too. The man has been a tremendous blessing to me in many way. He even told me yesterday that with the look of things I may be free from him in 2 months time except I decided to still remain with him for a while.

Please take charge of your life and stop depending on people for survival.
A good woman is a blessing.

1 Like

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by meekparagon(m): 4:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
Floxyijeoma:
Which online or offline skill do you have?

Am a professional house painter and interior designer as well.

I also have diploma in management.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Irupetepete: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2023
ghettochild:

I like ur motivation
Even me. Before I leave SA..i go learn fabrication n get certificate..
I already know what I'll be doing when I come to naija..
It's nothing ya all seen before..
I go tap into am.. before people go begin enter am sef
he no get anything wey you Wan do for fabrication wey I no Sabi... If Nigeria was a sane country, I for Don dey fabricate gen, napep etc by now

2 Likes

Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by APCNig: 4:12pm On Jun 01, 2023
LikeAking:
Renewed suffering! By Tinubus govt, dey cause urgent hardship.

This is how mental illness starts. Tinubu is less than a week in office, but your suffering that has been passed from generation to generations, you are hanging it on Tinubu.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Phemzeal(f): 4:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
tetralogyfallot:
If it's handwork I would have advised you to go for solar inverter installation technician. That's the most lucrative handwork in vogue now.

Please where can I learn this?
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Softhands(m): 4:29pm On Jun 01, 2023
Sablexxxtoons:
I swear down right now i want to learn welding and metal forging..

There is no end to learning and that mindset in Nigeria that a graduate should not get his hands dirty is what leads to stealing..

Enjoy your new and useful knowledge sir... i think i will do the same sef although I would prefer a more formal metalwork training
Go to YabaTech
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by Allisgud: 4:35pm On Jun 01, 2023
Klington:
That's the spirit!!!
I like this image,wish I can make it a big frame picture
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by bularuz(m): 4:40pm On Jun 01, 2023
solmusdesigns:
cool

Just try and get a passport and apply for foriegn visa Sponsored welding jobs, go on jobs indeed and other job portal with a euro style CV

Don't forget to process your trades permit or certificate.
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by nomolos92: 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
Jennyclay:
if my future man has 4 businesses that are bringing millions, I can also support him in running one or two of them.

And that would also make me a millionaire.

Your parents must be church rats for you to have this kind of bleeped up mindset
Re: How I Decided To Learn Handiwork At 45. by LionSquad89: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2023
Naija ho humble you by fire by force...
grin grin grin grin grin

Congratulations on your new discovery sir!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

NBA To Investigate Prof Ndifon, Baddest Lawyer, Adamawa REC, Others. / My Experience With A Random Warri Boy / When Will Nigerian Lawyers Stop Wearing Wigs, Looking Like Fools To The World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.