Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,254 members, 7,953,950 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:39 AM

APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting (16663 Views)

Umahi's Sack: President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Umahi (Photos) / 2023: President Buhari In Close-Door Meeting With Governor Zulum (Photos) / 2019 Election Results: Atiku, Buhari In Close Marking- Vanguard Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2023
Kriminals!
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by qtechomo(m): 7:12pm On May 31, 2023
It is well,
God bless the good people of Nigeria.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by Kennitrust(m): 7:13pm On May 31, 2023
Meeting on how to share the subsidy fund.

Criminals in power
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by seanfer(m): 7:15pm On May 31, 2023
yinkus6750:
Is NASS leadership still an issue?
Was expecting composition of Ministers , since nominations are expected from states ?

You can’t appoint ministers without the Senate confirmation and it is the new Senate that will do that.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by ufuosman(m): 7:36pm On May 31, 2023
Yahaya bello, don tay I hear abt am for news oh on like b4
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by Minjim: 7:50pm On May 31, 2023
So all that concern these people is the leadership of NASS?

What about how to make the subsidy remover easy on the masses ?

yinkus6750:
Is NASS leadership still an issue?
Was expecting composition of Ministers , since nominations are expected from states ?
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by BreconHills(m): 7:53pm On May 31, 2023
casualobserver:

...and who will screen and confirm the ministers?

You are switched on in a country where many are sleepwalking.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by harmonyglobal: 8:06pm On May 31, 2023
AntiChristian:
If na NASS leadership give am to a Christian from SS!
Simple

1 Like

Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by LilleG(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2023
BrokenCondom:
What will happen to workers salary as prices are now skyrocketing?
Seriously, where is this current government taking us to again. Me I don tire oh
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by LilleG(m): 8:23pm On May 31, 2023
seanfer:

You can’t appoint ministers without the Senate confirmation and it is the new Senate that will do that.
This old senators don want to go. I thought they'll step down as buhari is handing over..
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by seanfer(m): 8:26pm On May 31, 2023
LilleG:

This old senators don want to go. I thought they'll step down as buhari is handing over..

No they didn’t come the same day. Their 4 years will complete on June 10th. The new NASS will be inaugurated on June 13 or 14.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by LilleG(m): 8:28pm On May 31, 2023
seanfer:

No they didn’t come the same day. Their 4 years will complete on June 10th. The new NASS will be inaugurated on June 13 or 14.
Ok. So they're still Tinubu's lawmakers for now. But Sha I don't think plenary will be holding
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by Alexanderobi: 8:29pm On May 31, 2023
Which day Dem go hold open door meeting?
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by maasoap(m): 8:33pm On May 31, 2023
BrokenCondom:
What will happen to workers salary as prices are now skyrocketing?
Well, workers have the power to force Tinubu reverse his fuel subsidy removal decision. He should tackle the corruption associated with the subsidy payments. At N500/L, things will be much hard for millions of Nigeria and it has already begun
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by Goldenchyke(m): 8:49pm On May 31, 2023
Let them open the door because it is too early now to close door when meeting.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by APCNig: 8:54pm On May 31, 2023
Mabizeka:
Nigeria don enter one chance.

Na 10 chances

1 Like

Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by APCNig: 8:55pm On May 31, 2023
casualobserver:

...and who will screen and confirm the ministers?

Idiots will not think about that. Maybe nah Abia State Assembly go screen the Ministers
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by Mabizeka: 9:01pm On May 31, 2023
APCNig:

Na 10 chances
Hnnm
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by seanfer(m): 9:07pm On May 31, 2023
LilleG:

Ok. So they're still Tinubu's lawmakers for now. But Sha I don't think plenary will be holding

Plenary is still holding and they’re still working.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by oyeb15: 9:15pm On May 31, 2023
Nigerians fooled themselves. How can a sane person remove subsidy on his first day in office
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by APCNig: 10:14pm On May 31, 2023
oyeb15:
Nigerians fooled themselves. How can a sane person remove subsidy on his first day in office

You that is sane, go and put back the subsidy nah
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by LilleG(m): 11:15pm On Jun 01, 2023
seanfer:

Plenary is still holding and they’re still working.
Hmmm. I don't know of this. If they come decide to impeach the current president nko cheesy
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by Parada: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Though I did not vote but the difference btw Tinubu n Peter Obi is as clear darkness n sunshine. Na every ramification Tinubu take clean obi up n down, even common sense.

SenatePresdo:
Remember this day and note That Tribal Bigots destroyed Nigeria.

If you are not myopically attached to your tribe or region that you didn't throw away logic over sentiments in this past presidential election, may the Universe forever Reward you.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by Parada: 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
You de foam for mouth
Go n brush your foolish mouth.
When done come back n read your senseless comment to understand what or who is define as a foolish human being.

Without mincing word that is who you are, a foolish but drop dead senseless one at that.

Solababa91:
I will keep saying it that President Tinubu may not be different from Buhari, even though it is widely believed that petrol marketers took advantage of Tinubu's statement as regards reaffirming removal of fuel subsidy to subject untold hardshio on Nigerians. Should a responsible government and one who is concerned with the plight of his citizens not have wielded it's big stick on these marketers? I mean what is DPR doing? Well I'm not surprised that even NNPCL which the FG has a stake in it has reviewed its price which would take effect OFFICIALLY from tomorrow. I see all that is happening as a deliberate and well planned event to subject Nigerians into more untold hardship afterall, they do not feel the effect as they are living large on the collective resources of Nigerians. No official statement from the President, nobody cares, the cycle continues.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by seanfer(m): 4:52am On Jun 02, 2023
LilleG:

Hmmm. I don't know of this. If they come decide to impeach the current president nko cheesy

Impeaching a president is not just the job of the NASS alone. They must work with the Judiciary.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by LilleG(m): 8:51pm On Jun 03, 2023
seanfer:

Impeaching a president is not just the job of the NASS alone. They must work with the Judiciary.
Are you sure of this. If you have the time can you explain better please
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by seanfer(m): 7:02am On Jun 04, 2023
LilleG:

Are you sure of this. If you have the time can you explain better please

The offense must be read on the floor of the senate and 2/3 which is 80+ Senator must vote that the offenses should be investigated.
Then the Senate will write the chief judge who will now notify the President and the President will have 7-14 days to reply.
After this an independent panel will be appointed by the chief Judge to investigate the allegations.
After the investigations the panel will submit its report.
Then if the president is guilty from the findings of the panel.
The matter will be moved to House of Representatives and a date will be fixed for voting.
Over 280 house members must vote for impeachment.
Then the result will be transmitted to the Senate m, at the senate over 80 Senators must also vote in support.
So you see that impeaching a president is not a play job.
Re: APC NWC, Governors In Close Door Meeting by LilleG(m): 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2023
seanfer:

The offense must be read on the floor of the senate and 2/3 which is 80+ Senator must vote that the offenses should be investigated.
Then the Senate will write the chief judge who will now notify the President and the President will have 7-14 days to reply.
After this an independent panel will be appointed by the chief Judge to investigate the allegations.
After the investigations the panel will submit its report.
Then if the president is guilty from the findings of the panel.
The matter will be moved to House of Representatives and a date will be fixed for voting.
Over 280 house members must vote for impeachment.
Then the result will be transmitted to the Senate m, at the senate over 80 Senators must also vote in support.
So you see that impeaching a president is not a play job.
Seriously. Thanks for sharing this

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia State To Get $125 Million From Islamic Development Bank For Roads / Femi Fani-Kayode: The Sack Of Sheriff, A Breathe Of Fresh Air For Our Party.. / Danjuma, Other Christian Elders Reject Onnoghen’s Suspension, ACF Backs Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.