Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,723 members, 7,813,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding (590 Views)

Man Filmed Driving A Self-made Car On The Streets Of Lagos (photos) / 2 Men Towing Car On Cart Truck (Video + Photos) / Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding by fineboynl(m): 8:04pm On May 31, 2023
For three days now I haven’t drive to go out due to been too busy and current fuel price.

So i result in warming my car every evening for like 3 days now and I noticed my fuel gauge drop significantly about 3 bars. I only waited for the thermostat to kicked which normally takes a lot of time to reach. The lost 3 bars can get me to somewhere not too far 3 times for like 2 days.

But today own was a thick plenty stem that started coming out from exhaust moment after thermostat kicked in. It was rain and everywhere cold. So it took longer for the thermostat to kicked. Today own drain my fuel chai
Re: Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding by Westerhoffe(m): 8:23pm On May 31, 2023
Bro GAZZUZ
Please… help him.
Re: Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding by OgbeniOja1: 8:25pm On May 31, 2023
Welcome to the emilokan era. Where you buy fuel to warm you car at home
Re: Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding by 1Alex: 9:08pm On May 31, 2023
fineboynl:
For three days now I haven’t drive to go out due to been too busy and current fuel price.

So i result in warming my car every evening for like 3 days now and I noticed my fuel gauge drop significantly about 3 bars. I only waited for the thermostat to kicked which normally takes a lot of time to reach. The lost 3 bars can get me to somewhere not too far 3 times for like 2 days.

But today own was a thick plenty stem that started coming out from exhaust moment after thermostat kicked in. It was rain and everywhere cold. So it took longer for the thermostat to kicked. Today own drain my fuel chai
to the best of my knowledge, warming a vehicle on idle is a waste of petrol. It's better to drive around to let the engine oil circulate before packing again.

So I learnt.

1 Like

Re: Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding by buygala(m): 11:16am On Jun 01, 2023
1Alex:
to the best of my knowledge, warming a vehicle on idle is a waste of petrol. It's better to drive around to let the engine oil circulate before packing again.

So I learnt.

If there is nothing draining your car battery when it's off, you can comfortably park it for close to a month and still have enough power left to start the engine.

Warming car at 600 naira per litre is a very expensive venture.
Re: Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding by senator2k9(m): 12:26am On Jun 02, 2023
fineboynl:

Are u in Abuja... Don't make the MISTAKE of buying a car without an HONEST Professional to INSPECT for you.

We offer inspection service of any car you want to buy in Abuja. Your location does not matter if you want to utilise our service. You can call us from any part of Nigeria to help you check a car right here in Abuja or even in neighboring states.
Our services include:

© SCANNING OR DIAGNOSING THE CAR FOR ANY HIDDDEN FAULT.
© PERFORMING PHYSICAL INSPECTION OF THE CAR.
© CHECKING THE HISTORY OF THE CAR.
© AFTER PURCHASE CONSULTATION ON HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR Car.
© HELP YOU IN PRICING AND PURCHASE based on the faults detected and if it is still worth a purchase.

Follow us on Integrated solution Autos for all your car tips. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090433257112&mibextid=ZbWKwL

08034059397. (WhatsApp only)

1 Like

Re: Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding by Grupo(m): 5:58am On Jun 02, 2023
But seriously, why are you "warming" your car everyday?

Abi na Peugeot 504 you dey drive?

There are times I do park my car for five straight days without driving. And it picks up on the first kick whenever I want to drive.

If your car is healthy, the only thing that parking on a particular spot for a long time may affect is your Tyre.
Re: Warming Car On Idle Seem To Chop More Fuel. Fact Finding by Angrygoat: 9:46am On Jun 02, 2023
When alternator no bad,fuel pump no bad,battery good. Me b4 I go warm my car,na next month. I dey plan ladies bike or scooter wey get t handle

(1) (Reply)

Freight Forwarding Services At Cheaper Rates!!!!!!! / Age Vs Mileage / Honda Civic Radio Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.