Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! (1798 Views)

Top 3 Richest Nigerian Footballers And Their Cars / List Of Highest Paid Nigerian Footballers Abroad / List Of Nigerian Footballers Who Have Died On The Field. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! by teeroy(m): 12:13pm On Mar 03, 2006
i happen to have it on good authority that about the only Eagles players that use their real ages are Osaze and Efe Sodje. Sodje was born in the UK but attended Government College,Ughelli. A cousin of mine happened to be his friend and classmate so his age can be confirmed.Better still, the guy holds a British passport which makes it hard to falsify age. As for Osaze,he was born in Uzbekistan.he uses his actual age till today. If anyone outthere knows the real ages of any Eagles player,why not add it to this thread.i think it will make for some funny reading.
Re: The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! by DoubleRevv(m): 12:20pm On Mar 03, 2006
Mikel Obi. 19- he is an Apata Boy cool
Re: The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! by Akolawole(m): 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2006
@Teeroy

For the second time in this forum, i disagree with this subject for obvious reason.

This forum reaches beyond Nigerians.

Thank you.
Re: The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! by teeroy(m): 11:36am On Mar 04, 2006
Of course, it reahes beyond Nigerians.that is quite obvious but it is still an issue no matter how tou look at it and besides this happens to be a naija forum so there couldn't be a better place to bring it up. if it werent an issue then why have we suffered a FIFA ban for the sake of siasia,uwe and sadi??
Re: The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! by Akolawole(m): 11:43am On Mar 04, 2006
Check Teeroy very well.

This subject had been dealt with extensively in one of the topics.

I am sure you know why i did not want us to continue anyway.
Re: The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! by Seun(m): 11:20am On Mar 06, 2006
Why don't you want us to continue?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! by LoverBwoy(m): 11:50am On Mar 06, 2006
@ AKOLAWALE

u don't want obafemi to go on strike again?

or u think mikel obi will fail the chelsea test?  grin grin grin

to the topic: my cousin in nigeria say even the oyinbo lie about their age, i told him they have records of every birth nad plus the media here dont just do "chairman sir" they'll expose ur a$$ nothing to fear, he kept sayin how can rooney be reh re reh, and arjen robben,

according to my cuz : TAye taiwo is 28!! , all the boys that played for the under 21, none of them is under 21
okocha i heard is about 38 shocked
kanu about 32 grin

plus theres no way u can know their real age, they'll never tell anyone!! lipsrsealed
Re: The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! by Akolawole(m): 3:57pm On Mar 06, 2006
@ Everyone

Call me names, i will accept.

Our Country would have been zero if there's no influx of Pounds and dollars.

Even if Obasanjo call himself eighteen years i will support him as long as he improves my country and touch the lives of some people.

I know a particular Super Eagles player who if not for age falsification and abroad, the family would have been wretched.
Re: The Real Ages Of Nigerian Footballers! by teeroy(m): 10:44am On Mar 07, 2006
I don't know why akolawole doesn't just want us to go on.na u be moderator??.Let people state their thoughts on this issue. You said u know one Eagle that if not for age falsification his family would have died in penury.just one??. We know many but that does not mean the issue should be treated as if it does not exist. My starting the thread was not meant to criminalise these players ok?? just to see the lighter side of their struggle to achieve success. got a little humour in you??

(1) (Reply)

Best Free Kick Taker In The World. / All 'The Blues' Please Register Here / South Africa Vs Equitorial Guinea In AWC 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.