Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour (36450 Views)

Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral / Probe Ngige Now, Labour Tells Buhari, Begins Protest Today / Sign Minimum Wage Bill Now, Labour Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by olaxm: 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
The Problem of humanity is so enormous. But the black man instead providing solution to humanity problems in all areas provide more problems.

It a known facts that the government over pay PMS nigerian consume daily in the name of subsidy. There is no accurate data and statisces to match our daily consumption. Thereby the subsidy money is been siphon by people in government and they go about telling different story about how people export fuels to neirbouring country, etc.. which not the major problem of subsidy scam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Omenlon: 9:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

Let The Nigeria Labour Congress speak for themselves.

The masses will decide whether to protest or endure the hardship of continuing trekking to their destination tongue
. Please start your own protest tomorrow no problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by emonis88: 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2023
Gajagojo:

Many Nigerians are under an illusion that there is subsidy money
So they keep talking of

The money The money

People do not get it

Even if government wants to pay subsidy

IT CANNOT
It doesn't have the money
It is owing Nearly 3 trillion so the only way for subsidy is to borrow.
There is a limit to that

Subsidy will stop and THE MONEY you are referring to does not exist

There is no such money.
It was budgeted till June 30
They could not find the money

A long time ago we had room to stop it and divert the money

That time has passed
We are now at the point when the landlord has come to throw out property.

AGAIN there is no money. Buhari has bankrupted the country
But it was this same Tinubu who brought Buhari, who has bankrupted the Country.

2 Likes

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Tflex01: 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
Cloudflare:
Damn!

Where's Soyinka, Tunde bakare and others who protested against GEJ years ago? I'm sure the fools are blind as to not to see what's happening now.

To those 'this govt go favour me and my family" crew, e dey favour una abi e no dey favour? Fools everywhere!

Since you hate the government in power so much and you don't want it to favour you and your family, then may you all be miserable and unfortunate in this administration. Amen.

1 Like

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by ifko: 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
apache4:
To the best of my knowledge and for the interest of all my fellow youths in Nigeria and in Diaspora, Tinubu is a great and good man . ..

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the best thing that will ever happen to Nigeria as a Country and he is unarguably the best, enlightened, brilliant and the most energetic man for the Job .

God Bless Nigeria and Bola Ahmed Tinubu once again
Eleribu ni oo
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by nedekid: 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Abeg, labor should chill. Let this subsidy go once and for all.

1 Like

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Greattha: 9:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
Or ever.

When have you ever been useful/effective in the past 8 years?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by MrsTblooms: 9:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
You had better not organise any unfruitful protest. People are more enlightened now than during the time of Jonathan when elite who happened to be the beneficiaries of this fraud called subsidy were able to cajole common men into severe protest that was used to stalemate the process then.

NLC will just discover they and some unrepentant Christian bigotry are alone on this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by ThatCEO: 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2023
Djbme:

What nonsense palliative
Covi19 palliative reach your side?

U dey mind d mumu. If they remove that subsidy dem go still reloot am.

No too worry yourself, everybody still dey manage d fuel wey we buy for 195, just wait until fuel finish for people motor by next week, Na SW d protest go from start.

Remove 50percent, show us wetin u do with money, then remove the rest after a yr.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by grandstar(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2023
SoNature:
NLC should insist on removing the subsidy by 50%. When you remove it by 50%, use that money to provide palliatives ahead of total removal in a couple of years.

Why can't the government pay this subsidy to Dangote refinery directly and have the refinery supply it to Nigerians if they claim that corruption is the problem?

The government as someone said is broke. They have no money. Practically all government revenue is used to service debt. The entire budget this year will be borrowed and you expect the government to keep borrowing money to pay subsidies? Even the money for any palliative will be borrowed.

There's no money to provide palliatives. History has even shown that these palliatives are deceptive. I was born in the 70s and I have seen a lot of worthless palliatives come and go.

Rather than palliatives, government should work on bringing down the price of food by lifting the ban on the importation of poultry products and place on it low import duties. This will bring down the high cost of poultry food. Same should be done with rice. Nigeria has no comparative advantage in rice production. Lift the ban and place a 15% import duty on rice. This will help bring down the cost of food.

The import duty will raise lots of revenue for the government. Lifting the ban will also provide low cost food for the masses you care so much for.

4 Likes

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by plaindealer: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2023
Thankfully for Nigeria and President Tinubu and his wonderful policies, the NLC has no choice but to allow common sense and present realities to set in and accept the fact that we all have no choice but to embrace subsidy removal.

We all need to adjust, move and do our part for our country.

1 Like

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by MadamOk(f): 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2023
Am just crying 😢 inside me
I know this will come out from their mouth
Because I was asking myself why no protest against the fuel subsidy

It is well
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by sapele914(m): 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
emonis88:

But it was this same Tinubu who brought Buhari, who has bankrupted the Country.
It was President Buhari that bankrupted your state, & made it hard for them to pay your parents their salary & pension?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by BJanta: 10:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
Cloudflare:
Damn!

Where's Soyinka, Tunde bakare and others who protested against GEJ years ago? I'm sure the fools are blind as to not to see what's happening now.

To those 'this govt go favour me and my family" crew, e dey favour una abi e no dey favour? Fools everywhere!

Especially in the Southeast!!!!!!
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Tareq1105: 10:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
EcoBrick:

https://dailytrust.com/no-protest-against-fuel-subsidy-removal-for-now-labour/

Nobody would follow you protest. All the contestants vowed to remove fuel subsidy including your choice Obi but Tinubu was the one chosen and he removed subsidy. So what's has he done wrong?

NLC would be divided and factionalized under Ajaero, this I know.

It's only then that Ajaero would know that unionism is voluntary.

I dare him to call workers out for strike, let Ajaero test his popularity over this policy and let's see the outcome.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by TruthinAction: 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
backnbeta:

What stops the FG from having at least one functional refinery instead?

The refineries were deliberately made dysfunctional. So, they won't think of fixing it. It is a Northern agenda.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Nicholasokies: 10:29pm On Jun 01, 2023
My problem is not the subsidy removal but the palliatives you guys are proposing. Please I don't want palliatives but #100k minimum wage. That is the only thing that can cushion the effects of subsidy removal. The unemployed can be supported with the palliatives
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by iamjavadem(m): 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2023
The protest will just increase hardship.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Ofodirinwa: 10:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
You people don't know the last protest was created by Tinubu?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by emonis88: 10:37pm On Jun 01, 2023
sapele914:
It was President Buhari that bankrupted your state, & made it hard for them to pay your parents their salary & pension?
U know so y ask again? So ur own parents being owed salaries n pensions r left out?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by IbeOkehie: 10:56pm On Jun 01, 2023
Nicholasokies:
My problem is not the subsidy removal but the palliatives you guys are proposing. Please I don't want palliatives but #100k minimum wage. That is the only thing that can cushion the effects of subsidy removal. The unemployed can be supported with the palliatives

Minimum wage is a terrible policy. Government shouldn't be setting prices for ANYTHING, including labor.

Thanks.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Ifyz0001: 11:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
So for 8yrs APC could not also build a refinery? Nigeria. If this is permanently removed they should allow various importers to import this fuel so that market determines the price.

Or is it all planned out to allow dangote milk us dry?

Open borders for importation of the products by everyone that can already

1 Like

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by candygist: 11:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

Let The Nigeria Labour Congress speak for themselves.

The masses will decide whether to protest or endure the hardship of continuing trekking to their destination tongue

Please come and lead the protest grin grin. Clown.

1 Like

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by woteto: 12:21am On Jun 02, 2023
SoNature:
NLC should insist on removing the subsidy by 50%. When you remove it by 50%, use that money to provide palliatives ahead of total removal in a couple of years.

Why can't the government pay this subsidy to Dangote refinery directly and have the refinery supply it to Nigerians if they claim that corruption is the problem?

Palliative for who, them use palliative swear 4 una?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by shonepa(m): 12:40am On Jun 02, 2023
Pay Dangote subsidy? Haba, na the exportation and transport govt dey for.

If the refinaries don dey work as dem tell us, we dont need to worry.

Subsidy na money government dey pay industry or business to make products cheaper.....E.g Educational system na priority.

SoNature:

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by shonepa(m): 12:51am On Jun 02, 2023
If na ur mama dem kidnap, based on to say u won comot subsidy, how u go feel?

U think say na ordinary people, be marketers nii? No make d mistake. Nigerian govt could not fight dem, cos dey cant.

Na dis same marketers make our refineries no work. Now we have 4 refinaries that will operational soonest + Dagote.

Now we have a fighting chance against these usless marketers.

Cloudflare:
Damn!

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by SoNature(m): 2:09am On Jun 02, 2023
Dododawa01:

It seems you dnt understd d issue on subsidy. Subsidy is a crime where majority of this independent marketer take this products to neighbouring countries and our PMS is d cheapest in Africa but we can channel the money to subsidise food items but this is just my personal opinion

Oga, everybody enjoys PMS subsidy in Nigeria. Don't let anyone fool you. We cannot generate 10kmegawatts of electricity but we want to remove PMS subsidy. You will see how this subsidy removal will trigger inflation by next week.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Cherishing(f): 2:59am On Jun 02, 2023
Obaofaba:
Good...

Although I'm sceptical about the fuel subsidy removal at this time.

But the question is, when is the best time or right time to get it removed?

I will still go with the president's directives that it should be removed immediately and in full.

And you never thought it would have best for your Asiwaju to roll out
Let's suffer it once and for all and enjoy later.

If it's partially removed now, transporters will still increase their fare and after the some time, if the government remove it totally, they will still increase their fare.

That's double punishment.

I trust Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to roll out his incentive to cussion the effect of the suffering masses.

And you never thought it would have been best for your Asiwaju to roll out the incentives that will caution against the effects of this subsidy removal first before opening his mouth wide to vomit this nonsense?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Standing5(m): 3:00am On Jun 02, 2023
Bribe them all. Ikoyi style.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by gare(f): 3:13am On Jun 02, 2023
Parachoko:
Comrade Joe Ajaero, President of NLC fit test his popularity on this issue by calling for a Protest

Subsidy has gone with the Buhari Administration.

I trust Asiwaju on this issue though, he won't backtrack.

Then that is very senseless, I doubt if this man can make any changes, starting with this subsidy he has failed. Saying he wouldn't back down but rather allow the masses to pay for petroleum products with very high price which we all know even imported fuel will not cost that much. We all suffer it together
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by BluntCrazeMan: 4:47am On Jun 02, 2023
This Ajaero is supposed to be representing the whole workers in Nigeria.

But he is too compromised and very weak.
He too had been bought over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kano Govt Marks Shopping Plazas, Filling Stations For Demolition / Senate Presidency: PDP Begins Move To Battle APC / Goodluck Jonathan Escapes Death In Bayelsa (suspects Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.