Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,501 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour (36470 Views)

Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral / Probe Ngige Now, Labour Tells Buhari, Begins Protest Today / Sign Minimum Wage Bill Now, Labour Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Bankeke(m): 5:23am On Jun 02, 2023
I wouldn't have been mad at Tinubu decision on the removal of fuel subsidy if he hadn't staged a protest against the removal of fuel subsidy by Jonathan, why should you deceived a nation all in the name of stupid ambition you had for yourself. Remove the subsidy by 50% and create an alternative before removing the 50% later. Review the minimum wage of the workers. God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Nauttyprof(m): 5:31am On Jun 02, 2023
SoNature:
NLC should insist on removing the subsidy by 50%. When you remove it by 50%, use that money to provide palliatives ahead of total removal in a couple of years.

Why can't the government pay this subsidy to Dangote refinery directly and have the refinery supply it to Nigerians if they claim that corruption is the problem?

It can't work. In the long run, the price of petrol will be more than this current price increase. Do you know why? These marketers keep finding a way to justify their position on increased fuel subsidy. For example, the 50% if paid at 2.5 million will later be paid at 5 million because these marketers are dubious. They keep looking for means on how to make more money from the government and her citizens.

1 Like

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by AntiChristian: 5:39am On Jun 02, 2023
FG is still owning NNPC limited trillions of subsidy money that is unavailable! Where will both the 50% you mentioned come from?
SoNature:
NLC should insist on removing the subsidy by 50%. When you remove it by 50%, use that money to provide palliatives ahead of total removal in a couple of years.

Why can't the government pay this subsidy to Dangote refinery directly and have the refinery supply it to Nigerians if they claim that corruption is the problem?

Should the government borrow money from China again or where? We subsidize fuel for too many elites and foreigners! Those who smuggle the subsidized petrol to Benin, Cameroon, etc will by at 185 and sell like 450! The cost of petrol in those places is between 500 and 600+.
Smugglers become millionaires, elites pay less for fuel while FG accrues more debt from subsidy!
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by heysquare(m): 5:44am On Jun 02, 2023
SoNature:

Gone are the days when NLC has their own buses especially in Lagos carrying people at subsidised price. This is what they should demand from govt.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Cantonese: 5:50am On Jun 02, 2023
Obaofaba:
Good...

Although I'm sceptical about the fuel subsidy removal at this time.

But the question is, when is the best time or right time to get it removed?

I will still go with the president's directives that it should be removed immediately and in full.

Let's suffer it once and for all and enjoy later.

If it's partially removed now, transporters will still increase their fare and after the some time, if the government remove it totally, they will still increase their fare.

That's double punishment.

I trust Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu to roll out his incentive to cussion the effect of the suffering masses.

Why did Tinubu and Buhari lead the protest against FEJ in 2014 against subsidy removal? Why did you all refuse to suffer it “once and for all” then?

Why do you people keep evading that question please?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Healthquest: 6:17am On Jun 02, 2023
SoNature:

the consumption will increase due to people who export our petrol illegally to neighboring countries
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by OYEDIPE(m): 6:19am On Jun 02, 2023
SoNature:

Total removal or nothing. This is the time.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Bluntemperor: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2023
Greattha:
Or ever.
When have you ever been useful/effective in the past 8 years?

What has been the Labour Leaders ( NLC) achievement during the 8- yrs of Buhari? Silence!
They went into comatose and become irrelevant for the Masses cause and continued in- fighting amongst themselves in occupying leadership posts both in TUC and NLC!
•what was their achievements during Covid- 19,that other Countries were fighting for their Masses, getting some goodies for them? Nothing!
• what has been NLC response to Millions of Retiree Benefits, that are held up by powerful Organisations and Multinationals in Nigeria,who used excuses of Non payment and run to Courts - from National Industrial Courts to High Courts and Appel Courts, thousands of Cases are their and they just looked on,while Nigerians are dying miserable,for their entitlement!
• Worse,the present NLC are Not Pro- active in knowing that things are changing in the world,as they failed to tackle Buhari for 8- yrs,so why suddenly do they want to rescue Nigerian Workers,after 5- days of Tinubu in govt?
Even these present NLC is an LP - Pro- Max and Mr Ajaero know this,just go to his different comments!
They can't defend the Masses,as it's not in them!

1 Like

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by OYEDIPE(m): 6:20am On Jun 02, 2023
Cantonese:

Why did Tinubu and Buhari lead the protest against FEJ in 2014 against subsidy removal? Why did you all refuse to suffer it “once and for all” then?

Why do you people keep evading that question please?

It is not about who and who protested against the initial attempt to remove subsidy, it about what subsidy stands for now -FRAUD.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by BreconHills(m): 6:44am On Jun 02, 2023
Basicend:

Bro, you don't get it.

The issue is not about removing the subsidy. ..but which direction are we heading?

Even the quoted price they are forcing th masses to pay now is a hike and the govt knows that. . So there is no transparency in processing and systems.

We can't get anywhere with that. Even some monies are being saved now as claimed, they will still misappropriate about 90% of it into their personal pockets leaving the masses into more sufferings.

I dont blame you for distrusting government. The trust deficit can only be bridged by the government. I can't speak to that.

However there is a subsidy. Subsidy does not even equal availability because the subsidy makes it attractive to sell to neighbouring countries. I don't know if you've seen that prices have risen in our neighbouring countries and they are lamenting.weve been subsidising our neighbours and starving ourselves.

As for trust deficit, bridging this will take a lot of time and consistency by the government.

Good morning
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by medikend(m): 6:59am On Jun 02, 2023
savcy:
Good. Let nothing stop this removal. We will weather the storm, and with time things will even out and regain balance. Let's see what the governments will complain about after this. Also, let the NNPCL allow interested parties import all the types of petroleum 1products.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Osaremwantaelvi(m): 7:00am On Jun 02, 2023
I already said they are dogs without teeth's.

If you don't act now when do you want to.

When the citizens have adjusted?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by maasoap(m): 7:06am On Jun 02, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

Let The Nigeria Labour Congress speak for themselves.

The masses will decide whether to protest or endure the# hardship of continuing trekking to their destination tongue
Be deceiving yourself. If masses were going to react with protests, it should have started already. You, this living hate
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:08am On Jun 02, 2023
Osaremwantaelvi:
I already said they are dogs without teeth's.

If you don't act now when do you want to.

When the citizens have adjusted?
grin grin grin grin grin

I wonder o

And Prices have already started flying sky-high

1 Like

Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by maasoap(m): 7:13am On Jun 02, 2023
Parachoko:
Comrade Joe Ajaero, President of NLC fit test his popularity on this issue by calling for a Protest

Subsidy has gone with the Buhari Administration.

They don't need protests, just calling for industrial strike is enough.

I trust Asiwaju on this issue though, he won't backtrack.
Only if there is no prolonged industrial strike. His government will be grounded.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Parachoko: 7:17am On Jun 02, 2023
maasoap:

They don't need protests, just calling for industrial strike is enough.

Only if there is no prolonged industrial strike. His government will be grounded.
Well, a protest or strike by NLC will fail woefully.

Absolute Majority of Nigerians are with Asiwaju on this subsidy issue

Subsidy is gone.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by maasoap(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2023
BreconHills:

I dont blame you for distrusting government. The trust deficit can only be bridged by the government. I can't speak to that.

However there is a subsidy. Subsidy does not even equal availability because the subsidy makes it attractive to sell to neighbouring countries. I don't know if you've seen that prices have risen in our neighbouring countries and they are lamenting.weve been subsidising our neighbours and starving ourselves.

As for trust deficit, bridging this will take a lot of time and consistency by the government.

Good morning

Does it even make sense to you that Nigeria is the only oil producing country that removed subsidy on kerosine, diesel and now petrol for her citizens because of some nonsensical reasons that should have been tackled?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by maasoap(m): 7:21am On Jun 02, 2023
Parachoko:
Well, a protest or strike by NLC will fail woefully.

Absolute Majority of Nigerians are with Asiwaju on this subsidy issue

Subsidy is gone.

Absolute majority! Lol. When you are done deceiving yourself, just let yourself know. grin grin grin
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Parachoko: 7:25am On Jun 02, 2023
maasoap:

Absolute majority! Lol. When you are done deceiving yourself, just let yourself know. grin grin grin
Yea, absolute majority of Nigerians are with Asiwaju

NLC strike might be successful in the South East though, not in other part of the country.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by orisa37: 7:27am On Jun 02, 2023
"no-protest-against-fuel-subsidy-removal-for-now-labour",

Since we can't eat our cake and have it.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by maasoap(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2023
Parachoko:
Yea, absolute majority of Nigerians are with Asiwaju

NLC strike might be successful in the South East though, not in other part of the country.
I'm in transport in SW, there strike will be highly welcomed and supported
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by emonis88: 7:31am On Jun 02, 2023
AntiChristian:
FG is still owning NNPC limited trillions of subsidy money that is unavailable! Where will both the 50% you mentioned come from?

Should the government borrow money from China again or where? We subsidize fuel for too many elites and foreigners! Those who smuggle the subsidized petrol to Benin, Cameroon, etc will by at 185 and sell like 450! The cost of petrol in those places is between 500 and 600+.
Smugglers become millionaires, elites pay less for fuel while FG accrues more debt from subsidy!
But the people who make up this govt , lead a protest during Jonathan's govt, saying that subsidy was a scam. Now who is bn scammed?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:32am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Damn!

Where's Soyinka, Tunde bakare and others who protested against GEJ years ago? I'm sure the fools are blind as to not to see what's happening now.

To those 'this govt go favour me and my family" crew, e dey favour una abi e no dey favour? Fools everywhere!
why not lead your own abi you no bi human being...
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Parachoko: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2023
maasoap:

I'm in transport in SW, there strike will be highly welcomed and supported

Why will transport workers go on strike?

Is the Government forcing you not to increase transport fare after you bought fuel?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:35am On Jun 02, 2023
Reussite:
Of course Labour has suddenly lost their voice because it is APC that is concerned. If it were a gentle Jonathan, it would have been a nationwide shutdown. angry
Same labour that endorsed Peter Obi... I guess being too Political ll stall any protest...
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Cloudflare: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
why not lead your own abi you no bi human being...

Dude, I was never against GEJ, neither Did I protested against him. Let those aforementioned names who were all against GEJ when fuel was #150, where are they? Let them come out and protest now!
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Cloudflare: 7:45am On Jun 02, 2023
AareGaa:

Don't wait for Wole Soyinka or Bakare.
Go on the street and protest. You can do a one- man protest or call your friends to join.
Soyinka was not up to your age when he started fighting injustices.

Why should I protest when I wasn't against GEJ? Neither was I against hi moves. Dude, GEJ is by far the best president Nigeria ever had.

Oga, Soyinka Tunde bakare Tinubu and others deceived gullible Nigerians and championed the protest themselves against GEJ when fuel was #150. So where is Soyinka and co now been fuel is more #600? Are they blind ?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Selfmotivated: 7:46am On Jun 02, 2023
This NLC is too docile. The leadership is weak and devoid of taking quick decisions. Same with naira scarcity. They are just wailers.
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:49am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

Dude, I was never against GEJ, neither Did I protested against him. Let those aforementioned names who were all against GEJ when fuel was #150, where are they? Let them come out and protest now!
lead your own sir... They did then maybe they Saw no reason like you Saw no reason to protest against GEJ... So since u opposed it now please lead the protest and stop blame games...
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Cloudflare: 7:53am On Jun 02, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
lead your own sir... They did then maybe they Saw no reason like you Saw no reason to protest against GEJ... So since u opposed it now please lead the protest and stop blame games...

Let those like you who supported Tinubu lead the prostest. You voted for the drug lord and now he's dealing with you, and you said someone else should lead the prostest for you? Ment or malaria?
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by Cloudflare: 7:54am On Jun 02, 2023
BJanta:

Especially in the Southeast!!!!!!

I no say e go pain you. I'm not from the SE
Re: No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:11am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

Let those like you who supported Tinubu lead the prostest. You voted for the drug lord and now he's dealing with you, and you said someone else should lead the prostest for you? Ment or malaria?
shebi u de opposition side PDP LP... Make Ina lead protest or keep shut... Nobi person say make LP PDP divide their votes to make APC win... U ll shout drug lord till 2027 it changes nothing u pple insulted PMB and curse him to die he has done 8 years and Left the stage so all this trivial bullshit is childish ok...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? / Goodluck Jonathan Escapes Death In Bayelsa (suspects Pictured) / Govenor Wike Hands Over 16 SUVs To National Assembly Members (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.