Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? (383 Views)

2023: Most Nigerians Prefer Mixed-Faith Presidential Ticket – New Poll / Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? / "The North Never Told Us They Do Not Like Suffering And Poverty" - Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 01, 2023
During Buhari's first tenure, few months in office, prices of things skyrocketed.
Northerners, despite being hit the hardest, insisted that it was for our own good. 8 years later I did not see how egg we used to easy afford at 25 naia now sold at 100 naira has helped me life or average Nigerian.
In what way has the suffering that is still making us buy bag of rice at staggering price helped us as a nation?

Same thing is happening, the people that voted for the current administration find it difficult to admit that the petrol issue could easily be soled without causing pains to Nigerians.

They said he who wants to help you will not stress you. Why do Nigerians believe that good change must come with suffering?

Countries change their currencies all the time, no issues, but our country's case if different, people must suffer.

JAMB registration was easier, but they did not like that, they want people to suffer, transfered all JAMB registration to few centres they know they cannot cover the registration on time.

Every change in the country must come with suffering.

Why Nigerians accept suffering as the only way for Good change?

Can't we have improvement without suffering the masses. ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by solmusdesigns: 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2023
We are no more paying trillions for subsidy

Abeg rest

You opposition must give Jagaban very close making on what he does with subsidy fund and how he re invest it

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by darling2424(f): 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2023
Nigeria is just like sheep without shepherd
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by Jashub: 7:39pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good question..I think Nigerians just enjoy suffering and being stupid in the process

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by Bbgbs23: 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
darling2424:
Nigeria is just like sheep without shepherd

Even if he get Sheppard... You fit be loyal sheep as you deh so?.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by Aladdin1(m): 7:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
Na today you know say nigeria dey operate under curse?it would take the grace of God to break that jinx.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
solmusdesigns:
We are no more paying trillions for subsidy

Abeg rest

You opposition must give Jagaban very close making on what he does with subsidy fund and how he re invest it

Do you trust Nigerian politicians to actually do what's best for the country through hardship? Do u trust them that much?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
Aladdin1:
Na today you know say nigeria dey operate under curse?it would take the grace of God to break that jinx.
How did we get here
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by solmusdesigns: 12:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
henrybangs44:

Do you trust Nigerian politicians to actually do what's best for the country through hardship? Do u trust them that much?

Honestly I don't trust most Nigerians.. and as much as I want Tinubu to succeed, opposition must hold him accountable

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by YesDaddy1: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2023
Gye, izit ur 'suffer'?
Are u not part of the 'billionaires' that developed every part of nigeria?

Why are u crying more than d bereaved nah?
cool
Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by YesDaddy1: 12:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
solmusdesigns:

Honestly I don't trust most Nigerians.. and as much as I want Tinubu to succeed, opposition must hold him accountable
As much as u want pbat held accountable, you must be wise enough to differentiate BTW those who criticize constructlively and those who 'criticize' based on prejudice.

Our ppl say ''one's horse is always short in d eyes of the eyes of one's enemies''.

While the gullible Yoruba's were genuinely protesting against SARS in d infamous 2020 endsarars protest, the enemies of the nation were busy strategizing how to mix with the gullible to caused them destruction...... and they succeeded!

Those that hate tinubu (without cause) hate u 2.
Know this and know peace!
cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by solmusdesigns: 1:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
YesDaddy1:

As much as u want pbat held accountable, you must be wise enough to differentiate BTW those who criticize constructlively and those who 'criticize' based on prejudice.

Our ppl say ''one's horse is always short in d eyes of the eyes of one's enemies''.

While the gullible Yoruba's were genuinely protesting against SARS in d infamous 2020 endsarars protest, the enemies of the nation were busy strategizing how to mix with the gullible to caused them destruction...... and they succeeded!

Those that hate tinubu (without cause) hate u 2.
Know this and know peace!
cool

Thanks for the reminder Odua a gbe wa oo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Nigerians Prefer Suffering And Smiling Than Truth? by redsun(m): 1:03pm On Jun 03, 2023
Subsidy removal could just be primarily to recuperate all the stolen billions he spent bribing electoral officials, judges and agberos. Helping the country to develop is not part of the motives. Removing subdidy should have been a lengthy process that would have been aided by an awareness campaing that will explain to the suffering Nigeria why it's a must to remove it.

The country was jus recently recovering from the turmoil of casd crunch and chronic petrol scarcity, and the situation is back to square one.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Hon. Aondona Hyacinth Dajo Emerges Benue Speaker / Just Now: Kogi Governor May Face Years In Prison / Tinubu Reveals Plan To Turn Nigeria To America

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.