Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Integrity As A Leader (guarding Who You Are Inside) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Integrity As A Leader (guarding Who You Are Inside) (168 Views)

Pls Help, Marital Advice Leader / How To Promote And Encourage Strong Ethical Values And A Sense Of Integrity..... / Obaseki Visits APC Leader, Amegor Over Son's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Integrity As A Leader (guarding Who You Are Inside) by apstpaulg(m): 8:17am On Jun 02, 2023
Intergrity is a quality that keeps us @ the pinnacle of greatness throughout our lives. While talent & personality might take us to the top of our respective fields of endeavor, character will actually keep us there, & the man of character will never fall.
In modern times now, talent, appearance, & personality have become far more important than they used to be in previous generations, primarily due to the advent of "instant media" like internet. Don't get me wrong. But all these qualities are surface things, & can be purchased or faked for the few moments that a person might stand in front of a camera or in the spotlight in front of an audience or @ a job interview. Character, on the other hand, is what's inside you. Character cannot be contrived.
character should be more highly admired than talent, & chararcter should be more highly sought than attractiveness or personality. Character is the you-within-you!

Apostle Paul Eshiet.
For private prayer & counseling, check my contact below...

1 Like

Re: Integrity As A Leader (guarding Who You Are Inside) by apstpaulg(m): 9:20am On Jun 02, 2023
Character stands highly valued. Why? Because far too often, those with talent or good looks end up disapointing us after life eventualy uncovers their lack of character.
Character & intergrity are developed as one learns responsibility & accountability through the growth process of life. And God honors integrity. In the Bible, the apostle Paul writes that "suffering produces perseverance: perseverance, character; & character, hope" (Romans 5:3-4 NIV).
On the ladder of subess, there's not much room @ the top to move aroun, because the increase in authority has been offset by the increase in visibility & accountability. By the time you get to the top of your ladder, more people are able to see you. At the pinacle of your life, it will become a lot more about "being" than "doing."
At a point, every man will be forced to ask himself these three important questions that will tell him all he needs to know about himself & his character...

Apostle Paul Eshiet.
For a private counseling/prayer, my contact is below.

1 Like

Re: Integrity As A Leader (guarding Who You Are Inside) by apstpaulg(m): 9:49am On Jun 02, 2023
Continued...

Did i do what i said i would do?

Did i do it when i said i would do it?

Did i stand behind it after i did it?
As time progresses, the answers to these questions become ovious to those observing you from far as sit atop the ladder of success. But unless you also know the answers to these critical questions, your "success" will be meaningless & empty & all your achievements will leave you disappointed. Lid won't bring you any real satisfaction or significance unless you also know you did the right things for the right reasons as you worked towards your goals.
Integrity lies @ the very heart of greatness & leadership because everything you'll ever do revolves around who you are on the inside. Who you are on the inside is demonstrated every day by your actions.
When all is said & done, leadership is really nothing more than the ability to inspire other people to follow towards your destination.

Apostle Paul Eshiet.
For private prayer & counseling session call, check my contact below...

1 Like

Re: Integrity As A Leader (guarding Who You Are Inside) by apstpaulg(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2023
Under pressure, the tube of a toothpaste reveals its true content.
The primary reason God allows things to go wrong in your life is so you can see clearly what's inside you & deal with it.

Apostle aul Eshiet
Not all problems are wholely spiritual, some of its spiritual effects reflect on our character, causing problems withing the family. As you pray, try to have a character/attitude adjustment.
For private counseling on character issues, check my phone contact in my profile, or my signature below...

1 Like

Re: Integrity As A Leader (guarding Who You Are Inside) by pansophist(m): 2:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
@apstpaulg

Whats the difference between behavior, character, and manners?
Re: Integrity As A Leader (guarding Who You Are Inside) by apstpaulg(m): 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2023
pansophist:
@apstpaulg

Whats the difference between behavior, character, and manners?
Thank you sir.

But firstly lets properly spell out their respective definitions...

1. MANNERS: a persons way of behaving towards others.
Polite or well bred behaviour.

2. CHARACTER: aggregate of moral qualites by which a person is judged, apart from inteligience, competence, or special talents.

3. BEHAVIOUR: a typical, or repeated way of behaving.

In relating to this thread, there might be a thin line btwn the three human qualities listed here. But Character is topmost, because the other two (Behaviour & Manner) could wear out with time & chance, because they aren't the real you-within-you .
Re: Integrity As A Leader (guarding Who You Are Inside) by apstpaulg(m): 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
In my own order of strength from 1 to 3, i'll say...

Character.
Behaviour.
Manners.

Logically all seems the same outwardly though. But yet, as inwardly complex as, the difference btwn WORK & JOB.

Thanks for racking my brain a bit.

(1) (Reply)

A Kiss For My Phone / Human Nature / Vitamin C Extra Beauty Brightening Goat Milk, Honey Soap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.