Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,666 members, 7,813,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? (654 Views)

10 Tips To Elongate The Lifespan Of Your Diesel Engine / Advantages Of Diesel Cars / Mazda's Breakthrough Makes Sparkless Petrol Engine As Efficient As Diesel Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by fineboynl(m): 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
Over the years diesel engine cars in Nigeria had a setback due to the deregulation of that product. Many Nigeria couldn't keep up with the price one needs to fill a diesel tank. Many deisel engine were converted to gas as people tried to avoid diesel engine.

Diesel engine tend to be efficient in economy and power but the price gap between fuel was not encouraging. Many local modular refineries focus on refining diesels because of the price.

Diesel engine suffered a setback in Nigeria as price of diesel engine car drop down significantly. Many importer stop importing diesel engine because of low demands e.g the voswagine golf.

But with the recent fuel increase which bring the gap closers between diesel and petrol, if the policy is anything to go by then it might be another era for diesel engine, diesel engine has more power and fuel efficiency than petrol engine.
Re: Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by Westerhoffe(m): 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
Hyundai ix35 comes to mind…
Re: Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by dawnomike(m): 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2023
fineboynl:
Over the years diesel engine for cars in Nigeria had a setback due to the deregulation of that product. Many Nigeria couldn't keep up with the price one needs to fill a diesel tank. Many deisel engine were converted to gas as people tried to avoid diesel engine.

Diesel engine tend to be efficient is economy and power but the price gap between fuel was not encouraging. Many local modular refineries focus on refining diesels because of the price.

Diesel engine suffered a setback in Nigeria as price of diesel engine car drop down significantly. Many importer stop importing diesel engine because of low demands e.g the voswagine golf.

But with the recent fuel increase which bring the gap closers between diesel and petrol, is the policy is anything to go by then it might be another era for diesel engine, diesel engine has more power and fuel efficiency than petrol engine.

I was thinking about this yesterday...
Re: Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by ExpressBooking(m): 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2023
Diesel is way to go guys but it must be up to B5 in quality esle, the DPF, glow plugs and injectors will be messed up. I drive a 2016 Hyundai i40 1.7 CRDI diesel engine and it's out of this world in performance and Economy
Re: Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by id4sho(m): 7:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
ExpressBooking:
Diesel is way to go guys but it must be up to B5 in quality esle, the DPF, glow plugs and injectors will be messed up. I drive a 2016 Hyundai i40 1.7 CRDI diesel engine and it's out of this world in performance and Economy
What's the quality of our Nigeria market diesel?
Re: Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by vastolord4(m): 7:57pm On Jun 03, 2023
id4sho:

There is simply no adjective to do justice to its poor quality.. that's why diesel generators have injector issues all the time
Re: Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by id4sho(m): 8:17pm On Jun 03, 2023
vastolord4:

There is simply no adjective to do justice to its poor quality.. that's why diesel generators have injector issues all the time

You are right, I know diesel trucks replace injector nozzle at short intervals cry
Re: Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by ExpressBooking(m): 10:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
id4sho:

I don't even know but I know the quality is very poor and that's why you don't see diesel cars in Nigeria, they won't survive it. Those diesel trucks and buses don't survive it for long before the smoking and clogging of the DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter), injector nozzles and glow plug damage.

The diesel I use in my car is at most odorless and looks like vegetable oil, but the diesel back home has a very strong smell with blue black color.

I am a truck driver, driving a 2018 Scania truck and i draw diesel fuel everyday from the pump. The truck sounds so smooth like a small car, it works 5 days a week and has never broken down unless going in for scheduled maintenance. It doesn't smoke nor produce sooth. All are because the diesel quality and the use of Adblue(a chemical made from Urea that reduces emissions)
Re: Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by id4sho(m): 11:08pm On Jun 03, 2023
ExpressBooking:

I don't even know but I know the quality is very poor and that's why you don't see diesel cars in Nigeria, they won't survive it. Those diesel trucks and buses don't survive it for long before the smoking and clogging of the DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter), injector nozzles and glow plug damage.

The diesel I use in my car is at most odorless and looks like vegetable oil, but the diesel back home has a very strong smell with blue black color.

I am a truck driver, driving a 2018 Scania truck and i draw diesel fuel everyday from the pump. The truck sounds so smooth like a small car, it works 5 days a week and has never broken down unless going in for scheduled maintenance. It doesn't smoke nor produce sooth. All are because the diesel quality and the use of Adblue(a chemical made from Urea that reduces emissions)
Good to hear this
Re: Is This Another Era For Diesel & A Come Back Of Diesel Engine? by dokyOloye: 11:10am On Jun 04, 2023
fineboynl:
Over the years diesel engine cars in Nigeria had a setback due to the deregulation of that product. Many Nigeria couldn't keep up with the price one needs to fill a diesel tank. Many deisel engine were converted to gas as people tried to avoid diesel engine.

Diesel engine tend to be efficient in economy and power but the price gap between fuel was not encouraging. Many local modular refineries focus on refining diesels because of the price.

But with the recent fuel increase which bring the gap closers between diesel and petrol, if the policy is anything to go by then it might be another era for diesel engine, diesel engine has more power and fuel efficiency than petrol engine.

For cars,the problem with diesel engines was the poor quality diesel common in our Nigerian market resulting to frequent visits to the mechanic and knocked engines.
Diesel engines were still not popular even when the price was at par with petrol due to this same factor

(1) (Reply)

Swapping In Sets Vs. Swapping Singly / My 1999 Toyota Sienna Consumes Fuel..pls I Need Help / Invisible Driver At Drive Thru (yahoo Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.