Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,678 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Nigerians, Is This Subsidy Removal Or Price Hike? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Is This Subsidy Removal Or Price Hike? (413 Views)

Becoming President of 200 million Nigerians is not Plucking Mangos-Bola Tinubu / FG To Pay Nigerians Transport Allowance After Fuel Subsidy Removal- Zainab Ahmed / Dear Nigerians, Is This really the hand of an 82 year old? "Nnamdi Kanu asks' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians, Is This Subsidy Removal Or Price Hike? by inforesource: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2023
One thing I don't like about Nigerian leaders is that they are not sincere and do not have the Nigerians at heart. They are very cunny and lies a lot. They play politics with virtually every thing and don't care about anybody. That is why I am asking this question so that tomorrow they won't come back to tell us that they are spending a lot on fuel subsidy. We have seen this many times over the past 8 years.

It's amazing that even the so called subsidy is very laughable. Look at it. A country has crude oil, take it out of the country where about 3 refinaries are left in comatose, took her crude oil and export it to refine, import it back into the same country they took it from and pay huge amounts to subsidize it in foreign currency. I think Nigerians are not ready yet.

Why did I have to raise this question? I believe if it was subsidy removal as they call it, then NNPC fuel stations would not be determining the price, rather, market forces should. I know the major and the only marketer responsible for bringing in the petroleum products is the NNPC, so who are they competing with? Don't tell me Dangote refinary because we know the shareholders and their shares allotment.

Oh Nigeria!!! I don't have any problem with buying or fueling my car or business with this high price of fuel, but are these guys truthful at all?
Re: Nigerians, Is This Subsidy Removal Or Price Hike? by MadamExcellency: 6:28pm On Jun 03, 2023
It's price hike and nothing more.

We don't have Federal Executive Council hence there is no government for now to remove subsidy.
Re: Nigerians, Is This Subsidy Removal Or Price Hike? by superCleanworks(m): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2023
inforesource:

I think Nigerians are not ready yet.

Why did I have to raise this question? I believe if it was subsidy removal as they call it, then NNPC fuel stations would not be determining the price, rather, market forces should.

cest fini
Re: Nigerians, Is This Subsidy Removal Or Price Hike? by Praxis758: 4:50am On Jun 04, 2023
Everything that revolves around this fuel subsidy issue is a definition of Blackman’ wickedness against fellow Blackman.

The Caucasian race will strategize to solve a problem to avoid its repetition in the future while we the Black race will complicate a simple problem, make it cancerous and build an empire round.

A Blackman see cheating and defrauding his fellow man as blessing.

A Blackman sees what causes pains to his fellow Blackman as a gain.

We celebrate evil as excellent and expecting our system to be functional.

We celebrate criminals and promote them to sensitive plummiest offices and expect them to make a change (who is fooling who)

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Is This Subsidy Removal Or Price Hike? by inforesource: 5:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
Praxis758:
Everything that revolves around this fuel subsidy issue is a definition of Blackman’ wickedness against fellow Blackman.

The Caucasian race will strategize to solve a problem to avoid its repetition in the future while we the Black race will complicate a simple problem, make it cancerous and build an empire round.

A Blackman see cheating and defrauding his fellow man as blessing.

A Blackman sees what causes pains to his fellow Blackman as a gain.

We celebrate evil as excellent and expecting our system to be functional.

We celebrate criminals and promote them to sensitive plummiest offices and expect them to make a change (who is fooling who)
I see a post that says that NNPC will not be the sole importer of petroleum products henceforth. Were they not suppose to give out licenses out by now? Imagine if Bovas is given the license to import, other marketers will sweat, seriously.

(1) (Reply)

1 Month Salary Is Full Tank - Subsidy Removal Expose How Far Behind Nigeria Is / PDP Senator: We’re Rubber Stamp, Emefiele’s Suspension Is An Indictment / I Don’t Consider Fuel Subsidy Removal As Suffering The Masses – Usman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.