Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. (17394 Views)

The Life Of A Millennial Looking To Retire At 40 / Chinese Employers Sack Nigerian Employees Over Refusal To Practice Buddhism / Voice Of America Sacks 15 Hausa Employees In A Nigeria Bribery Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by Wodu89: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
Ofemmanu1:

The thing tire me o.

All CS can never retire poor..
My Father inlaw is a CS and he's rich same as Mother inlaw.
At Dangote, many are retiring poor and many have retired rich too, is all about Perspective.

As for me, very soon I will leave Dangote as a rich yourg man.
I want a Military or Police Job and it shall be well with me.

Perspective ni o.

Dangote pays well by the Nigerian extent. I used to have an electrical guy that was earning around 80k at Dangote some 10 years ago. Couldn't even speak English. Dangote did not send Pali. But the guy was damn good
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by blaise26abj(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
Nice2023:
Why do most govt employees end up retiring very poor and wretched.

What might have caused it?

I will respond to this . Most of them are extremely lazy, stupid and unproductive. With horrible character . Check out all the productive government workers , they are very reasonable and approachable . Those ones get called to places where doors are opened for them because they find solutions to problems .

If our government offices focus on productivity , majority of them are unfit to be cleaners ( no disrespect to cleaners )
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by Savedday2: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
because immediately they got employed, they rush to get married and immediately children start coming in.

They forgot that 9ja girls are liability that will drain their salary.

Only those that are into bribery do make it.

My simple advice to them is never marry any 9ja girl they are all Oloshio and liability. If you are already married to any of them, kindly divorce her now before is too late!

A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by ednut1(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
With the rising cost of living, poor salaries and many children they have. Why are you surprised
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by Felixv: 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2023
it's not just civil servants -but anyone who does not plan for the future would retire poor. But the way things are in this country many people would definitely retire poor or would work forever.

a pension plan is a must
medical plan
your own personal house -no matter how small
invest in your children (if you have any) and try to have a stable home.
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2023
Nice2023:
Why do most govt employees end up retiring very poor and wretched.

What might have caused it?

Pareto principle. The way the world is designed
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by Tunagee(m): 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
the world is designed to make you SURVIVE as a gov employee, not to get rich from it.

Perfect answer.
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:40pm On Jun 10, 2023
Because they sold their destinies and collected their peanut salaries during every elections since the creation of the zoo called Nigeria....

Thank God for restoration of Biafra Government in Exile and in Biafra territory in West Africa, Nigeria political parties do the needful by releasing Mazi Nnamdi Kanu now to save you all... Biafra Liberation combined Forces are not smiling ooo.

Kill all your governors selected and elected by corrupt INEC officials.
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by HardMirror(m): 1:41pm On Jun 10, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The offered little in exchange for little all through and never thought of sowing seeds early on.
The investing ones are land owners and business owners.
true. Becoming rich is not beans. Lol. People wish to be rich but can they go through the process? Nah. Lol. It takes a certian kind of people qho think in a certain way. Not everyone has the mindset needed.
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by matm: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
It depends on what you mean by retiring poor.
Pension is the gain in civil service when one is old.
But for private job, in old age , u may end up wretched when the energy to continue is no longer there and your kids are not responsible .Even to feed becomes a big problem.
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by OtuologyProf(m): 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2023
Because they pay unnecessary bills
I'll rather stay in my village mansion, open a supermarket on my own land, farm on the other portions of my land and even if I have to pay a bill, it will be #1000 electricity charge.
The only reason I'm in Panya is because I'm living on free rent.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by DelphiOracle(m): 1:43pm On Jun 10, 2023
jaeyking:
Well lack of planning for the future
Depending on only that source of income
Family pressures ( because they know once month ends them don pay)

So the way forward is to plan for the future
Cut down expenses in terms of children fees (there are good school dat pay less fees), buy food in bulk (it saves)
Your house rent shouldn't be more than two months of your salary (start small in life, you are not here to impress anyone).
Your wife/partner should not be a full-time house wife. She should own some that brings in income

Above all, have side hustles that can bring in income weekly or daily.

With this person fit manage life small
better talk my brother..
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by whippersnapper(m): 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2023
well maybe franz kafka has the answers to your questions in his novels The trial and metamorphosis
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:44pm On Jun 10, 2023
Because they are not fortunate to work in a ministry where you they can steal money .
For example level 8 teacher teaching in one secondary school in Lagos is earning the same money as another level 8 working at alausa , but the one at alausa is using Rx 350 and the same level 8 teacher is still struggling to pay rent for his 1room and parlor apartment he his living because of the type of place he works.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by owiko(m): 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2023
Salaries are not designed to make people wealthy, but to provide some level of comfort.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by Major7: 1:45pm On Jun 10, 2023
Oizee:
When I got my first salary 9 years ago as a civil servant, I told myself that i was going to save so much in order to invest, I was even seeing myself having my own house in 5 yrs time, here I am trying to apply for a loan since morning on quick bucks and I just received salary 2 days ago.

I'm grateful to God Almighty, if you want to enjoy tomorrow even though it is not assured u just have to sacrifice so many things, like ur choice of clothes, foods and so many others.
U just have to be contempted and have great plans for the little u earn and forget competing with anyone in the society, everyone carries different grace.

Family didn't help matter too bcuz of their constant demand monthly, to them u are working.
Business owner can easily lie that market is not moving, but a civil servant case is different.
I have seen some well paid staff that still complains about their salary not bn enough for them. To me I believe everything is just the grace of God.

I pray for you from the bottom of my heart as the spirit is leading me to, heaven will be open concerning you and God will shower his blessings upon you and your family, Amen. Please try to invest in a. Biz towards the future no matter how little it is,I pray God leads you. Peace

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by Neddyogu(m): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2023
Anybody who keeps working for money will end poor. So says Robert Kiyosaki

1 Like

Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
Because they are not fortunate to work in a ministry where you they can steal money .
For example level 8 teacher teaching in one secondary school in Lagos is earning the same money as another level 8 working at alausa , but the one at alausa is using Rx 350 and the same level 8 teacher is still struggling to pay rent for his 1room and parlor apartment he his living because of the type of place he works.
Additionally Government usually delay their pension, this is what I don’t understand why government automatically remove pension from their salary every month but after the end of their service year the money cannot be returned automatically same way Ot was removed, we want for maintenance in one pension office getting their, the first person I met was my secondary teacher, she retired 5years ago , she was still struggling to get a pension
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by uvie66: 1:48pm On Jun 10, 2023
Everybody here is now castigating people with Government jobs, the thing is that most of you guys are hypocrites because whenever there's an opening in the civil service the numbers of applicants vying for the position is always on a ratio 20 to 1.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by Angelfrost(m): 1:52pm On Jun 10, 2023
Not just government employees!

How many salary earners retire wealthy?!!
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by IkeIgboNiile(m): 1:54pm On Jun 10, 2023
They are called civil SERVANT for a reason. Giving your country 35 years of your life and the highest, you'll be paid is 10m. Imagine.
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by mediclife1987(m): 1:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
Wtcw22fg:
:-

I'm staking Inter to win the Champions League final tonight.

Who's with me?
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by AngelicBeing: 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2023
Civil Servant, means Serving Civily that is you are a servant meant to be serving, to graduate to be a Master, you have to think outside the box via having several streams of income otherwise you remain a servant for life shocked
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by ultimateprof: 1:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
The life style of many civil servants are what I called improper fraction.
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by Oyerinde16(m): 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
Only those who failed to steal die poor...
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by EJIOGBENIMI(m): 1:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
Oizee:
When I got my first salary 9 years ago as a civil servant, I told myself that i was going to save so much in order to invest, I was even seeing myself having my own house in 5 yrs time, here I am trying to apply for a loan since morning on quick bucks and I just received salary 2 days ago.

I'm grateful to God Almighty, if you want to enjoy tomorrow even though it is not assured u just have to sacrifice so many things, like ur choice of clothes, foods and so many others.
U just have to be contempted and have great plans for the little u earn and forget competing with anyone in the society, everyone carries different grace.

Family didn't help matter too bcuz of their constant demand monthly, to them u are working.
Business owner can easily lie that market is not moving, but a civil servant case is different.
I have seen some well paid staff that still complains about their salary not bn enough for them. To me I believe everything is just the grace of God.
I pray that God Almighty grants you financial breakthrough.
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by toujurs: 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2023
Should they be rich, what sort of stupid question is this. It's called a Civil service for a reason.

Most of them are even thieves. And beg alot.
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2023
uvie66:
Everybody here is now castigating people with Government jobs, the thing is that most of you guys are hypocrites because whenever there's an opening in the civil service the numbers of applicants vying for the position is always on a ratio 20 to 1.
2000 to 1!

Many people lost hope and don't bother going for recruitment exercise anymore because the positions have already been allocated to friends and family.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2023
Millions of Civil servants who do the jobs retire poor ,while, few thousand of public servant who do nothing but SAY I AND NEH GO HOME RICH WITH LOOTS.
Is serious irony in black man country angry
IT HAS NOTHIN TO DO WITH INTELLUGENCE,IS ALL ABOUT WICKED HEARTS OF SOME GREEDY BLACK MAN NOT ALLOWING SYSTEM TO WORK FOR ALL'S EQUITY AND JUSTICE sad
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by TradingGod: 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2023
HardMirror:
truth be told most poor people deserve to be poor. That is how life is supposed to be. Not everyone has the intelligence or luck to be rich and it is ok. If you fight hard enough you could increase your chance and escape.
By the way you can also be poor and die happy. Lol. That is just life. Messed up

Poor People are poor because they lack knowledge

If you know what elon musk knows, you will never be broke again
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by TradingGod: 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
HardMirror:
truth be told most poor people deserve to be poor. That is how life is supposed to be. Not everyone has the intelligence or luck to be rich and it is ok. If you fight hard enough you could increase your chance and escape.
By the way you can also be poor and die happy. Lol. That is just life. Messed up

Poor People are poor because they lack knowledge

If you know what elon musk knows, you will never be broke again

P.S Prayers works, but faith without work is dead
Re: Why Do Many Govt Employees Retire Poor. by TradingGod: 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2023
Wodu89:

True my brother. This is one of life's truests statement. If we don't have poor people, we won't have work force for productivity

Poverty is a state of the mind

It is caused by lack of knowledge

If you know how to play football like lionel messi, you will be swimming in millions of dollars by now

Knowledge over money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyo Government Sacks 662 Workers, Distributes Sack Letters / The Benefits Of Working For Yourself (self- Employed) / Some Important Tips Needed To Survive A PhD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.