Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,933 members, 7,824,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike (47518 Views)

Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral / Updates On The NLC Protests Nationwide / Re: NLC North & SW Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by michoim(m): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
Fake news
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by dododawa1: 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2023
LOL
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Teymanhenry(f): 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:
Lol

If you no go work, you won't get paid

This policy will be strictly enforce in the Public and Private Sector.

Absolute Majority Of Nigerians are in support of Asiwaju on this issue

Joe is working for Pandora

We ain't in support of the issue. Where's the palliative to cushion the effect of hike in file price? Can't even fuel my ride

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Sadisbala(m): 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:
Lol

I guess you are one of the Tinubu social media assistants are are paid to defend their stupidity , who told you north are supporting the price hike or subsidy removal .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Raskimonojendor: 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
It's an Ibo affair grin

2 Likes

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Cooly100: 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Didi2d:
Wait o!

This news funny ๐Ÿคฃ o

So, na for only east the strike go hold.

Plus Monday seat at home

Chai, hatred no good

When people advised that you leave touting job and go to school so you can make sense when you speak, you refused.

So Nigeria is made up of only the north, SW and East?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by EDOLUWA: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2023
APC is a joke!!!!! Always relying on propaganda and blackmailing. So they expect NLC to watch them to quadruple Nigerians poverty and suffering after the hell Buhari govt brought on People.

This government is a pure joke

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Khalidkoff06(m): 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
This shows how divided we are as a country , it's a shame that they are factions in our labour unions.
Come to think of it , the hike in food and transportation is it only in the south South and south east. We should end this thing called Nigeria. We should not lie to each other we are United or loving to ourselves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by NutritionGuru: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
Like if you Agree, share if not. This is why:

1 Like

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by dododawa1: 3:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Hehehehe. Una stupidity will one day have expiry date sha. I remembered how you clowns blamed Jonathan for any issue concerning Buhari untill he finished Nigeria. Your drug lord nightmare now is Obi. If Buhari was in opposition, you would be blaming him and be calling him out for any problem your drug lord have. But as it stands, Innocent Obi will be at the receiving end.

Keep deceiving yourself while the suffering bites harder. I remembered how most protest against hardship came from your end in the last dispensation. The South Easterners went about their business. The same thing will continue. You guys will still be at the fore front of protesting the hardship. So far, thanks to your drug lord for announcing subsidy removal hastenly without proper plan. Most Igbos successfully added prices to their goods in stock. Game on grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Most Igbos successfully added prices to their goods in stock. WICKEDNESS as usual.
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Cooly100: 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
It's an Ibo affair grin

Everything is igbo affair...

Nigeria's first coup was Igbo affair.

Endsars was Igbo affair.

Nigeria poor performance in football was Igbo affair.

Creation of states in Nigeria was Igbo affair

Buharia failure was Igbo affair..

Your inability to bear children is Igbo affair..

Its the nature of some low breed humans to always find something to blame for their life challenges...that reduce their stress and anxiety..

kwantinue...if that helps your issues. smiley smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by EnEnPeecee: 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2023
Which one is NLC north and south West? Please any time you mentioned north you have to be specific. We in the middle belt Nigeria are in support of NLC

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by slytubadth(m): 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2023
Subsidy ends in July why the increase now? We are still in June.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by otomatic(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
I remember when Jonathan wanted to end this subsidy, and I just shake my head.

2 Likes

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by kvin33: 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Igbo hate drug successfully injected! Watch as they commit suicide to punish Igbos. Hehehehehe.... Wahala. Have you ever heard of subsidy protest/strike in the east before? 2012? 2015? Do you know what they have been selling PMS in the east since 2015? You and the East no be mate oga.... Lunatics Everywhere!

1 Like

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Vinnie2000(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ofunaofu:
I don't understand this news

What is NLC north and NLC south west

The last time I checked, NLC got one national body

Is APC trying to create a phantom NLC faction masquerading as NLC North and NLC South west

Is Tinubu and his minions now creating the impression that every other part of the country is against the subsidy removal except the so called North and South west

Are we now in a government of North and South west collabo against the rest of the country

It will surely backfire

When we say that Tinubu ran the most tribal, religious and ethnic divisive campaign ever witnessed in this country, we have the facts and this is one of it

Hehehe, So u don't know?๐Ÿ˜

Tinubu 'won' in
*Zamfara
Kebbi
Jigawa
Sokoto
Niger
Gombe
Yobe,etc..
+Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti and Ogun states. ๐Ÿคจ

He Rigged Rivers State, and FAILED WOEFULLY in South-South, South-East, Middle Belt, Lagos and FCT, Abuja. ๐Ÿ˜•

So That answers your Question. sad
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Joshcoli(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
tongue

Whoever that woke up in the morning and refuses to go to work is part of Nigeria problems

When transportation has doubled...
How will an average Nigeria worker survive this after 8 years of suffering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by udemzyudex(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
This man is dumb, which one is the union is supporting labour party.

Did Peter Obi not talk about removing Subsidy too?
Ok what is labour party also say you're working for APC?
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Robchuks77(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
seborrhic:

Good.
People have started adjusting and I bet anything with some time,there would be some reduction in the transport fares because the initial very high increase is unsustainable because people will start being innovative in transporting themselves,forcing commercial transporters to make some downward adjustments.
If truly the labour force in those other regions are not joining the strike,it would fail because in arears where NLC insist on the strike,market men,self owned businesses and self employed people would want to go about their businesses.
Only civil servants, particularly those at the federal level would comply with the strike fully,till it fails.
Just imagine the nonsense you wrote..
Pls tell me one innovative way of transporting ourselves.
So I will buy fuel for 550 and carry you for 100 naira and be at loss.. Omo una dey resin ooh
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by udemzyudex(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
All this useless thread makes FP these days,na wa ooo.
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Greenfusion: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
chidiokay:

And majority of hausas and yorubas are beggars the igbos feed and cloth abi ..

In an hyper inflation economic people who suffer the most are traders cos of eminent low sales, scale of preference and opportunity cost will be the order of the day.
Consumers will not only cut down on there consumption, they will prioritized only essential goods, so it going to affect most traders not into essential commodity whether igbo, yoruba or hausa ...let me widen your horizon bro.

With the current economic situation,traders turnover is most likely to drop than increase while monthly pay is prone to remain constant or increase. business life span is not as durable as human, onces business is not making regular turnover naa close down, but salary earners will survive even economic melt underground sef. na lean dem go lean

Economic hardship knows no tribe, we all go to the same market, emeka selling motor part will eat meat/fish, mama chukwudi selling okrikra cloth children will go to school, chinedu selling phone accessories in computer village will pay shop rent, Nnamdi will need kazeem mechanic to fix his highlander ...

As you exploit customers in your business, you also will be a customer somewhere and they will exploit you tew ... its a circle we all are in it. stop fooling yourselves.
While you have a point, i don't totally agree, they are essential goods traders or business people, those would sustain well, salary earners are mostly hit, transportation currently has doubled, by this coming week, food and other essential products would likely double or triple, so, me that earn 100k and spend 30k on transport previously would now be spending 60k, also if i spend 20k on feeding, then it becomes 40k, the 100k salary is gone...also if u had savings of 500k, its value would be halved.....also note that while Businesses are affected like you stated, salary cannot be increased up to 200% ( or double), so, now, who would suffer most?....so business may have to lay off staffs to survive.

Cost of running business should have doubled or even tripled....so salary worker would be on the receiving end more.....I learnt water is about to increase, would you now stop drinking water or eating food?

The president wasn't wise and too hasty....alot should have been made available.

At this point our borders need to be opened if that would help reduce prices of essential products especially food, let there be over supply.

The coming weeks would be very tough, all of us writing in support of this removal and discouraging a protest would begin to feel the pain, the government needs to provide a cushion, and trust me, if this Govt doesn't get the heat they won't act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Guyman01: 4:02pm On Jun 04, 2023
oyebanji44:
Good ..

South west has now found a reliable friend...the norh

So south east can protest alone... grin grin
South East will be the least affected by the hardship and its time they stopped worrying about Nigeria and let it sink if others are willing to accept hardship because of tribalism
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by seunmsg(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
My salary has been increased twice this year. It will be very immoral and unjustifiable if I join this politically tainted and senseless Joe Ajaeroโ€™s strike. I will be in my office on Wednesday. I wonโ€™t be a part of this nonsense effort to bring down the new administration.

6 Likes

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by church123: 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
When slaves on chains defends the actions of their slavemasters.
I weep for my dear country!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by forerunner022(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2023
Divide and rule game. The oppression will continue. Tinubu and his money bags will always look for a way to discredit NLC proposed strike. But NLC North and South should not forget that an injury to one is an injury to all. Are we suppose to be talking about NLC North and South and East? They want to find a way to ethnicticize NLC. While I'm in support of the fuel subsidy removal, I do not support it's abrupt stoppage, and I support the strike to make govt provide safety nets towards cushioning the effects of the removal. Let's think Nationalistic instead of sectionalism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Vinnie2000(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
Khalidkoff06:
This shows how divided we are as a country , it's a shame that they are factions in our labour unions.
Come to think of it , the hike in food and transportation is it only in the south South and south east. We should end this thing called Nigeria. We should not lie to each other we are United or loving to ourselves.

We are NOT divided @all as Nigerians.๐Ÿ˜•

It is the Evil, Satanic, Jihadist APC Party that is sowing Tribal seeds of Discord. embarassed undecided

From their Actions,They have shown that Promotion of Northern/Muslims Interests is All they are After,
and they have some SW Pple as Allies. ๐Ÿ˜’

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by Heffalump(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
LeoDeKing:
NLC is the political branch of Labour Party while ipob is the terrorist branch.

The political branch is responsible for attacking Tinubu's decisions as the president. This is one of the unintelligent approaches to locate the exact spot where Obi's manhood is located.

The terrorist branch is divided into the social media and the illiterate department. The social media department is responsible for insulting anyone against Peter Obi while the illiterate department are on ground to physically attack anyone with view different Peter Obi's.

Since the terrorist branch has failed, the baton is now handed over to the political branch.

Majority of Nigerians are very okay with the oil subsidy removal despite the attendant hardship because they know the implications and the need to enforce it immediately. Nigeria can't be wasting her meagre resources subsidising fuel for neighbouring countries.

You made a whole lot of sense in the last paragraph and that should have been the only comment. The other jargons you spewed up there is because of your deep hatred for PO, who by all standards is greater than you.

Your deep hatred for Obi and the SE will consume you. It'll never benefit you in life, so better repent and embrace Christ. Leave that your idol worshipping that's responsible for your anti behavior.
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by ochiosa(m): 4:06pm On Jun 04, 2023
I'm in support of the removal of this monster call fuel subsidy but would want this government to show human face and apologize to Nigerians for their disruption of the same subsidy remover by previous administration.
Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by maxzzo1(m): 4:08pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:
Lol

Na so una dey fake people nobody is against removal but where are d palliatives..... Put d cart first in front b4 d horse.....Jonzing people.

1 Like

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by kolakolington(m): 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
NLC & TUC have been politicized long ago, Ajaero and Oshifo should allow the new government to do their work, it's too early to call for strike pls.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NLC North & South-West Will Not Join The NLC Strike Against Fuel Price Hike by ada9ja(f): 4:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
Parachoko:
Lol

U be olodo

Who own labour party...no be NLC?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Orders Total Shut Down Of Abuja, Lagos, North, South-East On May 30 / Abike Dabiri Shares Chart Showing Arms Purchase Between GEJ & Buhari's Govt / Dangote's Multi-billion Naira Greenhouse Farm Commences Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.