Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend (6050 Views)

Tompolo: Why I Met With MEND / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition / APC Should Explain Its Connection With MEND - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by prettyG: 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2011
[size=13pt]OPC pleads with MEND[/size]

The group reacts to threats by militants to bomb the Eagle Square on Independence Day

Dr Frederick Faseun, the founder of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), on Thursday, appealed to the militant Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to desist from carrying out its bomb threat on Saturday.

MEND had on Wednesday warned that it would detonate a bomb in Abuja on October 1, exactly a year after it set off bombs near the Eagle Square, Abuja, killing no fewer than 12 Nigerians, most of them security operatives, as the nation was marking its 50th independence anniversary.

Faseun said that the reason for the appeal to MEND was to avoid the loss of innocent lives. “I know that the leadership of MEND cannot get up to threaten to bomb without having its reasons, but care must be taken to ensure that nobody dies,” he said.

He, however, urged the federal government to do its best to ensure that it provided adequate security in the federal capital on that day, and also warned against having any elaborate celebrations at the Eagle Square to mark the country's 51st independence anniversary.

“With the situation in Nigeria today, the best places to mark the Independence Day anniversary are the churches and the mosques,” he said.

Dr Frederick Faseun, the founder of the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC), on Thursday, appealed to the militant Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) to desist from carrying out its bomb threat on Saturday.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by jason123: 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2011
undecided
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2011
lollz. see confusion!!  grin grin grin Now even without mend attack, the haram's must strike. Only a foolish person will not call in sick dat day. undecided
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by arsenefc: 2:38am On Sep 30, 2011
What is Jonathan doing about this?
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by dayokanu(m): 2:41am On Sep 30, 2011
Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan is on top of the situation grin
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by gaskydudu: 8:36am On Sep 30, 2011
Are u sure the so called Mend is not the political BH in disguise?
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by mashnino(m): 8:52am On Sep 30, 2011
arsenefc:

What is Jonathan doing about this?

nufing
dayokanu:

lolz, hahahahahahaha
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by OLASODE2K: 9:05am On Sep 30, 2011
Too bad the venerable OPC leader is trying to be partial in dealing with MEND & BH. All his statements to the latter were heavily laden with threats but talks softly to MEND. Aside from OPC leadership, he should be seen as an impartial national elder as i still see him to be. And i wish he doesnt talk softly again with to bombing terrorists either they emanate from the creeks or from maiduguri.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by 3kay945(m): 9:19am On Sep 30, 2011
I hope people will take this boko haram threat serious this time and stay away from eagle square, is this nigeria cry cry
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by mallorca(m): 9:29am On Sep 30, 2011
3kay945:

I hope people will take this boko haram threat serious this time and stay away from eagle square, is this nigeria cry cry
Mend or Boko haram'
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by Yeske2(m): 9:30am On Sep 30, 2011
I only wish they would target the National Assembly building when the two houses are having a joint session.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by cyber6(m): 9:42am On Sep 30, 2011
Yeske!:

I only wish they would target the National Assembly building when the two houses are having a joint session.

And i hope God will grant you what you wish for others undecided
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by OLASODE2K: 9:52am On Sep 30, 2011
@Yeske! Obviously, u sounded even worse than mend and boko haram. Lol. U want all the more than 100billion naira jega used to bring all those bash ali honourable senators to be a waste? U know the number of roads, pipe borne water, cönstant electricity etc that money could provide in nigeria. Too bad of u pal. Lol. Pls dont encourage boko to go there now. Lol. I believe they would mend their ways.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by Desola(f): 10:07am On Sep 30, 2011
What a load of rubbish!

How can you tell terrorists who have notified you that a bomb/s would be denoted to ensure that lives are not lost? Has the Faseun man lost his marbles? Bomb is detonated for one reason only and that is to kill and destroy so telling them subtly that you support their barbarism but pleading with them to be kind not to sustain casualties is just plain ignorant and st*upid!

How can you even say you understand their st*upid cause? The cause was nullified when they started killing innocent lives instead of the evil politicians. They are not militants; they are simply terrorists who should be severely dealt with alongside boko haram.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by Maximip(m): 10:16am On Sep 30, 2011
Oh lawd, can someone please make me in charge of security in this country. MEND, BOKO HARAM, ROBBERS, etc would be goners
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:32am On Sep 30, 2011
Desola:

What a load of rubbish!

How can you tell terrorists who have notified you that a bomb/s would be denoted to ensure that lives are not lost? Has the Faseun man lost his marbles? Bomb is detonated for one reason only and that is to kill and destroy so telling them subtly that you support their barbarism but pleading with them to be kind not to sustain casualties is just plain ignorant and st*upid!

How can you even say you understand their st*upid cause? The cause was nullified when they started killing innocent lives instead of the evil politicians. They are not militants; they are simply terrorists who should be severely dealt with alongside boko haram.

Very Good. Let us not forget OPC and Massob are also terrorist organisations dat should be dealt with alongside the later groups u listed.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by ak47mann(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2011
cheesy cheesy
see who dey beg MEND u think say MEND recognize them cheesy cheesy
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by VolvoS60(m): 10:59am On Sep 30, 2011
OLASODE2K:

Too bad the[b] venerable[/b] OPC leader is trying to be partial in dealing with MEND & BH. Aside from OPC leadership, he should be seen as an impartial national elder as i still see him to be. And i wish he doesnt talk softly again with to bombing terrorists either they emanate from the creeks or from maiduguri.

There is nothing "venerable" about that man, Fasehun. He is a traitor to the Hippocratic oath and an embarrassment to decent physicians worldwide.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by executinal(m): 11:18am On Sep 30, 2011
MEND again, i thought we are done with such group. angry, So this is now a game for Nigeria? if you want to be recognize, you make some noise. This is becoming so interesting GOD SAVE THIS SICK NATION CALLED NAIJA. OPC and BIAFRAN should equally act to gain more recognition. Even the MEND they send out to study abroad are not even serious with their studies, they always brag and say how many state is federal government sponsoring abroad? i think federal government should wake up and put an end to all this crap. Though very soon Nigeria will come to an end.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by demmykay: 11:41am On Sep 30, 2011
Now dat d venue has been changed to lagos hop MEND wil still not find their way to d venue to carry out this evil act. May God help nd deliver dis nation
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 30, 2011
Nigeria is in trouble. Just imagine the number of militant groups operating freely in the country.

1. Mend
2. Boko Haram
3. Akhwat Akwop
4. Massob
5. OPC
6. Bakassi Boys
7. NDVF
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 30, 2011
ODECHUKWU RETARDEEN JONATHAN! i don laff tire oooo! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by OLASODE2K: 12:06pm On Sep 30, 2011
@volvoS30. What made u to accuse the old man like that?
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by heynew: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2011
At least they are showing a little bit of militia civility, because the more boko boys and mend bomb the more opc becomes irrelevant in the country. they are being strategic. cry
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by frenchman2: 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2011
3kay945:

which boko haram? did you read what the poster wrote with closed eyes
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by VolvoS60(m): 2:18pm On Sep 30, 2011
OLASODE2K:

@volvoS30. What made u to accuse the old man like that?

i have been following his actions over the years, right from when he first formed 'his' OPC to the point where it broke into violent factions, before becoming what it is today. The man is . . . well i'd rather not say much on what he is right now. Remember his failed attempts to 'tribalize' Patricia Etteh's quarrels with her co-conspirators in the national assembly? That is just one of his many, many attempts to drag everyone into the gutter.

Doctors preserve life. It is their calling. Fasehun and his band of murderous, violent thugs in the OPC have no understanding of this.
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by sylve11: 3:09pm On Sep 30, 2011
frenchman2:

which boko haram? did you read what the poster wrote with closed eyes

lol! grin grin grin grin cool

dayokanu:

lol grin grin grin grin hey this man don suffer grin grin cool
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by ChinenyeN(m): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2011
tosag:

Nigeria is in trouble. Just imagine the number of militant groups operating freely in the country.

1. Mend
2. Boko Haram
3. Akhwat Akwop
4. Massob
5. OPC
6. Bakassi Boys
7. NDVF
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by islamrules(m): 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2011

1. Mend
2. Boko Haram
3. Akhwat Akwop
4. Massob
5. OPC
6. Bakassi Boys
7. NDVF
8. LASMA
9. JTF
10. Area Boyz
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by OLASODE2K: 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2011
@volvoS30, u are right. however, we all have dirty past and mistakes too. Wont u then be grateful they have MENDed their ways?
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by beautifulcrystalsyahooc: 4:50pm On Sep 30, 2011
Maximip:

Oh lawd, can someone please make me in charge of security in this country. MEND, BOKO HARAM, ROBBERS, etc would be goners

, And how do u intend to achieve this?
Re: Independence Day Bombing: OPC Pleads With Mend by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 30, 2011
its simply a balance of terror in nigeria, Opc in d west, mend in d south, bakassi in d east, boko haram in d north, Opc is hopeless, mend is mendless, bakassi is backward and boko haram is senseless, Nija i dey hail ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Muslim Community Attack Buhari For Shaking Hands With Christians / Trump Bad Mouths Nigeria Again, Calls Buhari 'insensible'. / See What A Nigerian Kid Was Spotted Doing When There Was No Light(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.