Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,924 members, 7,863,264 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:03 PM

The Most Stupid Thing I Ever Did As A CHRISTAIN - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Most Stupid Thing I Ever Did As A CHRISTAIN (280 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / Oyedepo: Wealthy People With ₦1bn Worth, But Owing Banks ₦10bn Are Stupid / Is It Ok For A Christain To Celebrate His Or Her Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Stupid Thing I Ever Did As A CHRISTAIN by DFreeThinker: 5:21am On Jun 04, 2023
It might interest you that books, movies and logical reasoning changed my mindset about life, things most Nigerian believe in.

However,

Don't label me an atheist.

I believe in a a supreme God (Chukwuokike in igbo language)

Now you might want to know the stupid thing I did right??

Hang on a little..

As kid, I grew up in a Christian home. Dad made sure I abide the rules of the Bible..

Scared shit out of me about hell.

Every bad thing is attributed to the devil.. No one takes responsibility.
Devil is the culprit 100%

Later, I got admission, started meeting friends who think differently from me.
They gave me books which changed my mindset

So therefore,

My mindset, thinking began to change. I understood that things happens naturally and the devil is not the culprit all time

My dad later bought a car.
They always place a Bible in front of the car.. Lol

I asked my dad about it, he said it's against evil spirit and accident.

I asked him how a Bible will prevent an accident when almost all the roads in Nigeria is bad
How can Bible protect you from accident when mistake can occure from you or another car

Lol

My dad became angry..

Are you still stupid like I was??

Note: You can curse ME, attack me and call all sort of derogatory names, I don't care.
I'm not an ATHEIST, I BELIEVE IN GOD 100% but the stupidity of Nigerians in being obsessed with Religion and God is what I DETEST.

1 Like

Re: The Most Stupid Thing I Ever Did As A CHRISTAIN by DFreeThinker: 5:23am On Jun 04, 2023
We all have a FREE will in LIFE.
Re: The Most Stupid Thing I Ever Did As A CHRISTAIN by AkinwaleJJ(f): 6:09am On Jun 04, 2023
Real Christians don't believe in the leaves of a book rather it's the information found in books that are useful to equip you. 2Timothy 3:16-17
God is the first person to pen down His own words but He wrote them on STONE TABLETS.
When Moses started writing the first chapter of the Bible he wrote them in scrolls as God was passing the information about how the earth and other things were made {Genesis 1:1} Moses was all alone with God for 40 days and 40 nights without eating {Exodus 34:28} and he never got hungry because the Creator doesn't need physical food to sustain the life of any creature rather it's the useful information that's coming from Him we need for safety! Deuteronomy 8:3

Today we have God's word in our phones does that mean you're protected automatically without making use of the information?

The answer is NO!
Re: The Most Stupid Thing I Ever Did As A CHRISTAIN by AntiChristian: 8:11am On Jun 04, 2023
It's the so many failed prediction before and after these last elections for me!

Those pastors lied brazenly hoping Peter Obi would win the election. Some even said he'll be arrested on May 26. Another says the arrest will be on inauguration day! Tribunal is the last gamble!

Another thing that came with the election is the brain washing of kids into taking "Obi" as the only Messiah of Nigeria! You hereby see kids crying profusely that P. Obi must win............

Lastly, the pentecostal association of Nigeria that didn't support Muslim-Muslim President and VP ticket during the elections has said they would now support the resultant Muslim-Muslim President and VP with prayers and fasting!

May Nigeria be better!
Re: The Most Stupid Thing I Ever Did As A CHRISTAIN by FxMasterz: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2023
DFreeThinker:
It might interest you that books, movies and logical reasoning changed my mindset about life, things most Nigerian believe in.

However,

Don't label me an atheist.

I believe in a a supreme God (Chukwuokike in igbo language)

Now you might want to know the stupid thing I did right??

Hang on a little..

As kid, I grew up in a Christian home. Dad made sure I abide the rules of the Bible..

Scared shit out of me about hell.

Every bad thing is attributed to the devil.. No one takes responsibility.
Devil is the culprit 100%

Later, I got admission, started meeting friends who think differently from me.
They gave me books which changed my mindset

So therefore,

My mindset, thinking began to change. I understood that things happens naturally and the devil is not the culprit all time

My dad later bought a car.
They always place a Bible in front of the car.. Lol

I asked my dad about it, he said it's against evil spirit and accident.

I asked him how a Bible will prevent an accident when almost all the roads in Nigeria is bad
How can Bible protect you from accident when mistake can occure from you or another car

Lol

My dad became angry..

Are you still stupid like I was??

Note: You can curse ME, attack me and call all sort of derogatory names, I don't care.
I'm not an ATHEIST, I BELIEVE IN GOD 100% but the stupidity of Nigerians in being obsessed with Religion and God is what I DETEST.

The problem here is ignorance on the part of your dad. A Bible placed in front of a car cannot prevent an accident. The Bible isn't a book of magic.

It's the relationship of the Christian with God that can prevent accidents. Not Bible. A Christian that goes to church always without having a personal, solid and strong relationship with Jesus is just wasting his time. Majority of Christians are like this. They're just merely practicing religion. It's absolutely useless.

Have a relationship with Christ by submitting unto His Lordship by a confession of faith. Live daily in obedience to His will. Commune with Him constantly as friend to friend. Create a solid relationship.

A solid relationship with Christ is the secret of Power. Too many ignorant practices in christiendom are what makes many look stupid.

(1) (Reply)

. / The Wife Of Pastor Adeboye, Pastor Folu Adeboye Aka Mummy G.O Clocks 75- Pics / Don't Be Too Comfortable In This World. This World Is Not Our Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.