Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) (60604 Views)

Nairalander's Church Picnic In Russia: Photos / IFA: Spiritual Materials Shops In Brazil(photos, Videos) / Ghanaian Pastor Caught In Hotel Room Trying To Sleep With Church Elder's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Benitoh: 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2023
mushroomFarm:

Business men** who calls themselves pastors are the real problem of Christianity in Nigeria. It is truly sad.
Poverty has really eaten deep into the mentality of an average Nigeria to see how those business men masquerading as pastors, has really brainwashed them, and sucked deep into their shrinked pockets.

I hate going to Nigerian churches.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Pat081: 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2023
Pls help me to get dia not for food but to work
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by EngrMcDon(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2023
GBAM
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2023
Another eye opener about Russia, Christianity and the media.

You see why its always good to second guess everything.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Neoteny7: 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
No one screaming politics and tribal hatred like a demented idiot like they do in Nigeria.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Pharaoh4rin(m): 4:29pm On Jun 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see myself going to Russia and meeting with Putin very soon, I see myself convincing him to end the war and make peace with the west, I see Putin taking my advice..

This I have seen.

Falseprophet my niggah.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by CAPITALBEE: 4:30pm On Jun 04, 2023
mushroomFarm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArvoUvgSbGc

I can hear the song titled I'm no longer a slave to fear...

Tell me this is correct... Make I go hype myself small grin
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by olumided: 4:34pm On Jun 04, 2023
Do not be rude to men of God. Adeboye don't need your money, if you pay your tithe or not, God has make him rich bro.

Stop that path.

begge:
Adeboye and oyedepo won't be happy to hear things like this

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by nony43(m): 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2023
mushroomFarm:
This is not my first time attending the church here in Yakutsk, Russia (world's coldest city where I study) but I have decided to share my experience about church service in Russia (Yakutsk) with you guys today.
This city is 8 hours ahead of Nigeria which means we had concluded the service long before you guys woke up. But my university invited international students to a special program today so I couldn't post this until now.
The service begins with songs.
Yakutians and Russians dance and wave flags.
For instance they wave the red flag to symbolize salvation, white to symbolize peace and the flag of Israel to show love for the birth place of Christ.
After series of songs the bible is read and the junior pastor say a few things about the verse that is read.
Then the senior pastor would preach the sermon.
After which we hug each other grin shocked now I love this part๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ and I try to avoid the men and hug the ladies...๐Ÿ˜
After this we go to the dinning room and eat.
This is what I love most about the church here. There is nothing like offering and tithe. But we eat heavily every Sunday!
The first time I arrived here in Yakutsk and went to church, there was this lady that came to me after service and asked me if I am not cold (I didn't have winter clothes yet) she told me even if I were not cold then, I would feel terribly cold when the winter gets tough. She took me to the stores in her car and bought me winter clothes, winter boots, mufflers, winter gloves, etc.
This is the coldest city in the world and those clothes are needed for survival. Infact even with those clothes, at minus 63 degrees you must not stay outside for more than 30mins to an hour. You would be finished!! (So imagine not having those clothes)

Her name is sister Natalia and she is so nice (and other people from church too) to the point that I was beginning to wonder if something else was not involved. grin grin
One day I asked her why she does those things and how the church is able to finance feeding everyone every Sunday without taking offerings.
She said some people in the church makes secret donations...to do those things. She said they are not rich, they are just reciprocation the love of Christ. She said a brother from church also give enough money to buy winter clothes for every new African student in the city! Those clothes cost about 250k in Nigerian money.
I can say that 30% of our feeding here is financed by the church. They send us chickens and meat from time to time. Lots of cucumbers, vegetables, rice and potatoes...
The church believes when people come to the presence of Christ, they should be physically blessed just like Christ fed his multitudes. They have up to 20 varieties of food and they often force us to pack food home. They say if we do not go with the food, they would get spoilt anyway. They make them in excess every Sunday so that no one would go without being filled.
Sisters in church are very free with boys (including internationals like us) they hug us like we are truly brothers and the women often hug and give us kisses on the cheek (reciprocating the love of Christ)
The preacher is a woman. She is Ukrainian. The church here does not preach hell at all. Quiet weird. They only talk about the love of Christ. Little wonder it really shows in everyone of them.
You could easily mistake the friendliness of everyone in church for 'love interests' they show that love tooooooo much.
Women and men should leave their head uncovered in church. No one would send you out if you do otherwise. But that is the norm here.
Korean girls in church wear very skimpy dresses. No one seems bothered about it.
Below is a video of a choreography performed by some of the teenagers in church.

First picture is the preacher.

Second picture is with me with my American classmate and a Korean girl(after church)
Third picture is me with sister Natalia

Bros, did you say the weather drops to 63 degrees? That means no shower for you. Here is the UK -1 I donโ€™t fly enter under my duvet.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Chemlite: 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
ariesbull:

You can't try that in Africa! They will milk you dru with tithes

Is also possible some Nigerian churches are supporting mission work in such areas. Remember, Op said, sister Natalia informed him of secret donators.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Samfloxin(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
mushroomFarm:
First picture: Another picture with my American classmate.
Second picture: salads from church
Third picture: flag of Nigeria and some other countries flying high at Ammosov North Eastern federal university stadium, Yakutsk, Russia.
Please what is the possibility of getting work visa in Russia and please what can you enlighten me about it?
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by FalseProphet1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 04, 2023
AngelicBeing:
False and for posting this, you will be flogged 7000 koboko by Temi and Chisom shocked
Lol...my favourite troll...

Do you know I've received a handful of messages concerning this story. Some people are telling me to complete it and sell to them, others are telling me if I can become a writer for them. It's not just about the money, it's kinda like a hobbie for me.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by DestinyNigga: 4:39pm On Jun 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:
I see myself going to Russia and meeting with Putin very soon, I see myself convincing him to end the war and make peace with the west, I see Putin taking my advice..

This I have seen.

I see Russian soldiers beating u black and blue. Plucking hot rod in ur nyash. This i have seen grin grin grin
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Menclothing: 4:41pm On Jun 04, 2023
Nigerians want to go church every Sunday and eat food ๐Ÿฑ where will the food come from ? Is it not member like you that will
Buy it

Or te one you eating. Na magic buy am with offering

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Dyfynezz12(m): 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2023
Goodlady:
Life from a good side. I feel like crying if I should tell you what church in Nigeria is. Church that can't feed it's main members is saying they wanna evangelize or spread in a neighborhood or a state. They ll spread and later over spread that if one of them is in dire need of ordinary N50K, they ll be too poor to assist.
Why not spread a little so that your resources won't be overstretched. Afterall, the evangelism you are doing is meant for new areas and not a concentration in one place whereby it's now obvious parishes there exist for biz purpose.
Let's leave that side, I v heard a lot about good stuffs in Russia. What I dislike is the Putin invading Ukraine.
The body of Christ ll exercise patience to the bearest minimum with Ukraine.
They won't be the first to attack sef.
Islamists & Islamic countries are in love with how Russia is defying the west and attacking Ukraine.
Ayatollah Khomeini said the fight is good news to them cos it's crusaders vs crusaders. Imagine that old Iranian mumu, agbaiya!
He even said Russia started crusades. Meaning, those eye service islamists no like Putin but are pushing him to fight the west knowing that one of them ll go down. One of them is that bald head fowl looking Turkish president, Teyrcip Erdogan. But Jehovah ll intervene.

In all, Russia is indeed beautiful.
U can be nice when u want to

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by AngelicBeing: 4:45pm On Jun 04, 2023
FalseProphet1:

Lol...my favourite troll...

Do you know I've received a handful of messages concerning this story. Some people are telling me to complete it and sell to them, others are telling me if I can become a writer for them. It's not just about the money, it's kinda like a hobbie for me.
Nice, Monetize it then, I think I also contributed in drawing other posters on nairaland.com to your diary because my comments on several of your post likely triggered and made some people curious about what I was talking about and it must have led them to your diary, publish it on Amazon and collect cool royalty monthly and send my Tithes to me as well shocked
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Meditation01(m): 4:49pm On Jun 04, 2023
Dagger111:

In a nutshell, what's your bone of contention? You are off key. Believe me.

Meditation is the freeing of ourselves from all mental states and concepts of self.But it really begins with a focus,with a restraining of the life force or the life energy.So you look at your object of concentration for,say,15 minutes.Put a watch there,take out a clock,time yourself.Then,after you have done it for,let's say,15 minutes,if your time period is half an hour,and you've really tried just to see that one thing,to look at it-you can blink,you can shift your position a little bit if you need to-but then after you've done it for half your meditation,close your eyes and now do the same thing focusing on one of the three chakras,either the navel center,around the navel;the median center,which is in the center of the chest around the heart,or the third eye,which is between the eyebrows and a little bit above.
I recommend that you focus on these three centers in rotation.So Monday morning,do your navel center;Tuesday,the center of the chest;Wednesday,the third eye,which is between the eyebrows and a little bit above.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Meditation01(m): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
Dagger111:

In a nutshell, what's your bone of contention? You are off key. Believe me.
In qualityless,things are not understood.You can't understand since there's nothing to understand and,no one to understand,and understanding itself is a quality principle that is invalid.That is why not too many people meditate.Or if they do,they do TM,which is simply repeating a mantra over and over that has nothing to do with meditation.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by JaneYave(f): 4:50pm On Jun 04, 2023
... and my cousin never told me? I keep pitying him with the war stories l hear. Russia is a place to go to with all of these evidence. It is way better than where racism is strong The language and food may varied but one will adopt. I respect Russia for their advance technology especially in space science

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by youngrichnigga: 4:52pm On Jun 04, 2023
Churches in Nigeria are exploiters rather than comforters undecided undecided
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Abbey117(m): 4:54pm On Jun 04, 2023
damble:
Bro, I can categorically tell you there are some RCCG parishes that feed members after the church service on sundays....

Na some church members dey pay for the food you hate paying Tithe and offering for....

Your church in Russia preaches love and not hell... They know what people like hearing. Believe it or not, hell is real
If the love for heaven is going to bring peace and love to the society then I'd rather preach that. God is love. Tho I might agree that preaching hell keeps sanity in check but I believe more emphasis should be made on peace and love than fear cos fear of hell at times can also bring the evil out of man.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by FalseProphet1(m): 4:55pm On Jun 04, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Nice, Monetize it then, I think I also contributed in drawing other posters on nairaland.com to your diary because my comments on several of your post likely triggered and made some people curious about what I was talking about and it must have led them to your diary, publish it on Amazon and collect cool royalty monthly and send my Tithes to me as well shocked
Lol...but you're not a pastor na, wetin you wan use tithes do? tongue

How do I publish it on Amazon?
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by bigtt76(f): 4:57pm On Jun 04, 2023
At embolden ...but that's how it ought to have been naa, not all that guilty tripping with the threats of Hell that our pastors use on us cheesy

mushroomFarm:
This is not my first time attending the church here in Yakutsk, Russia (world's coldest city where I study) but I have decided to share my experience about church service in Russia (Yakutsk) with you guys today.
This city is 8 hours ahead of Nigeria which means we had concluded the service long before you guys woke up. But my university invited international students to a special program today so I couldn't post this until now.
The service begins with songs.
Yakutians and Russians dance and wave flags.
For instance they wave the red flag to symbolize salvation, white to symbolize peace and the flag of Israel to show love for the birth place of Christ.
After series of songs the bible is read and the junior pastor say a few things about the verse that is read.
Then the senior pastor would preach the sermon.
After which we hug each other grin shocked now I love this part๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜ and I try to avoid the men and hug the ladies...๐Ÿ˜
After this we go to the dinning room and eat.
This is what I love most about the church here. There is nothing like offering and tithe. But we eat heavily every Sunday!
The first time I arrived here in Yakutsk and went to church, there was this lady that came to me after service and asked me if I am not cold (I didn't have winter clothes yet) she told me even if I were not cold then, I would feel terribly cold when the winter gets tough. She took me to the stores in her car and bought me winter clothes, winter boots, mufflers, winter gloves, etc.
This is the coldest city in the world and those clothes are needed for survival. Infact even with those clothes, at minus 63 degrees you must not stay outside for more than 30mins to an hour. You would be finished!! (So imagine not having those clothes)

Her name is sister Natalia and she is so nice (and other people from church too) to the point that I was beginning to wonder if something else was not involved. grin grin
One day I asked her why she does those things and how the church is able to finance feeding everyone every Sunday without taking offerings.
She said some people in the church makes secret donations...to do those things. She said they are not rich, they are just reciprocation the love of Christ. She said a brother from church also give enough money to buy winter clothes for every new African student in the city! Those clothes cost about 250k in Nigerian money.
I can say that 30% of our feeding here is financed by the church. They send us chickens and meat from time to time. Lots of cucumbers, vegetables, rice and potatoes...
The church believes when people come to the presence of Christ, they should be physically blessed just like Christ fed his multitudes. They have up to 20 varieties of food and they often force us to pack food home. They say if we do not go with the food, they would get spoilt anyway. They make them in excess every Sunday so that no one would go without being filled.
Sisters in church are very free with boys (including internationals like us) they hug us like we are truly brothers and the women often hug and give us kisses on the cheek (reciprocating the love of Christ)
The preacher is a woman. She is Ukrainian. The church here does not preach hell at all. Quiet weird. They only talk about the love of Christ. Little wonder it really shows in everyone of them.
You could easily mistake the friendliness of everyone in church for 'love interests' they show that love tooooooo much.
Women and men should leave their head uncovered in church. No one would send you out if you do otherwise. But that is the norm here.
Korean girls in church wear very skimpy dresses. No one seems bothered about it.
Below is a video of a choreography performed by some of the teenagers in church.

First picture is the preacher.

Second picture is with me with my American classmate and a Korean girl(after church)
Third picture is me with sister Natalia

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Curious345: 4:58pm On Jun 04, 2023
proff010:
Ok ooo. Africans are too wicked to ourselves.
yeah it's everywhere. BLACK ON BLACK CRIMES..
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by sharpwriter(m): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2023
shevchenko:
I don't know what you are doing in Russia. If they conscript you to the army now ,you will scream racism
This got me laughing hard... Lol
Maybe he already had admission b4 the war broke out.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by MatrixCircle: 5:00pm On Jun 04, 2023
Does this church in Russia preach from a different Holy Bible from the one we use here in Nigeria ??
Because Nigerian Pastors have finished thier members with extortions.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Osashalom: 5:01pm On Jun 04, 2023
yankison:

Shut ur mouth up ..African mentality is worrying you ..someone is just showing with picture how churches are held in Russia and u are saying shit ..is it another Jesus they talking about in Russia compare to Nigeria churches ..una go just de defend rubbish .. Nigeria churches ask you offifering and titthe more than 6 times in a church service .. U no read what he said that people donate secretly? .. No be pastor de chop all the money they donate secretly and openely for here ..tell one thing he Nigeria churches use Al the billions member donate every month to do .. And they no de feed any body..pastor would be feeling like God . ridding the best of cars . travelling everywhere . keeping money in British island ..YOU BE IDIOT MAN
You are too bittered and ignorant to think right, only if you know how many people pastors feed and take care of! I am not talking about fake souls like yours. I mean pastors do a lot of good in this country.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by somehow: 5:03pm On Jun 04, 2023
KingAjax:
And now you are observing firsthand some of the qualities of Western culture and society. Qualities which bring forth great benefits, allowing for a great number of people to flourish and prosper. Qualities which are freely available for anyone to adopt.

Eastern culture.

Russia is not categorized as "West".

The West represent former colonizers.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Gbadebo19(m): 5:09pm On Jun 04, 2023
Osashalom:

Like you heard, church members do donate the monies secretly, he also said not that they are rich but because of their love for Christ. He also said one rich brother among them give lavishly. But most of you Nigerians won't give except you are hailed and openly celebrated, did you ever heard the op say he too started giving secretly after being told how they got those provisions weekly? Never! The take, take , take Nigerian spirit followed him there. Do you know how much Muslims are spending to spread their faith in Nigeria? Have you not read the Muslim law makers of the 9th assembly built a musque? How about their Christian camtaparts? All most of you know is to point accusing fingers on the pastor's without knowing you are worse yourself. In case you don't know without fake Christians like you, fake pastors won't have business doing ministry. God bless the Russian brethren and raise more of them in our nation.
This one is beyond redemption. Listen, as it is in Russia, so it is in Nigeria cos there are thousands of secret donations in Nigeria. What your brainwashed brain refused to acknowledge is that rather than your daddy and mummy GOs to use the funds to cater for the poor like their Russian counterparts, they keep asking for seeds from the already impoverished masses and use the money to build more branches, buy private jets etc.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by darediamond(m): 5:11pm On Jun 04, 2023
Goodlady:
Life from a good side. I feel like crying if I should tell you what church in Nigeria is. Church that can't feed it's main members is saying they wanna evangelize or spread in a neighborhood or a state. They ll spread and later over spread that if one of them is in dire need of ordinary N50K, they ll be too poor to assist.
Why not spread a little so that your resources won't be overstretched. Afterall, the evangelism you are doing is meant for new areas and not a concentration in one place whereby it's now obvious parishes there exist for biz purpose.
Let's leave that side, I v heard a lot about good stuffs in Russia. What I dislike is the Putin invading Ukraine.
The body of Christ ll exercise patience to the bearest minimum with Ukraine.
They won't be the first to attack sef.
Islamists & Islamic countries are in love with how Russia is defying the west and attacking Ukraine. On this site, there are many lapdogs that do pro-Putin news to taunt the west.
Also, Ayatollah Khomeini of Iran said the fight is good news to them cos it's crusaders vs crusaders. Imagine that old Iranian mumu, agbaiya!
He even said Russia started crusades. Meaning, those eye service islamists no like Putin but are pushing him to fight the west knowing that one of them ll go down. One of them is that bald head fowl looking Turkish president, Teyrcip Erdogan. But Jehovah ll intervene.

In all, Russia is indeed beautiful.

"that bald head fowl looking "
Na human u describe this way so?

Haba!!
grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Osashalom: 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2023
Gbadebo19:

This one is beyond redemption. Listen, as it is in Russia, so it is in Nigeria cos there are thousands of secret donations in Nigeria. What your brainwashed brain refused to acknowledge is that rather than your daddy and mummy GOs to use the funds to cater for the poor like their Russian counterparts, they keep asking for seeds from the already impoverished masses and use the money to build more branches, buy private jets etc.
I don't want your redemption that is even destroying you already. The one Jesus did for me is enough.
Re: My Experience With Church Service In Russia (Photos, Videos) by Ayokequeen(m): 5:16pm On Jun 04, 2023
Pls bro I want my wife to come for her Phd over there in Russia, how do we go about it the processing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo Lays Hands On Rev Esther Ajayi, Prays For Her (Photos) / US Pastor, Jenkins: "I Love Women & Pussy" After He Was Caught At Strippers Club / Edoardo Santini: Italyโ€™s โ€˜Most Handsome Manโ€™ Gives Up Fame To Preach The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.