Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,221 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week (1646 Views)

Predict What Nigeria Will Be Like In The Next 10 Years / Predict What Fani Kayode Will Say After His Release From EFCC / Let Me Predict Fayose Next Move... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by ocloud(m): 5:46am On Jun 05, 2023
Let me predict what will happen this week.👇🏾

NLC/TUC will bark and scream about a planned strike action.

Then the FG will announce that after an intense ‘discussion’ with Labour, a compromise has been reached, and the new pump price of Petrol is 320 Naira per liter.

Then the fuel subsidy scam will continue.

8 Likes

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by nairalanda1(m): 5:47am On Jun 05, 2023
ocloud:

Then the FG will announce that after an intense ‘discussion’ with Labour, a compromise has been reached, and the new pump price of Petrol is 320 Naira per liter.

It is possible

Nigerians love their cheap fuel.

But this time, i don't think the money is there.

1 Like

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by solmusdesigns: 6:07am On Jun 05, 2023
You guys still don't understand Subsidy is gone forever?!

After Buhari signed Petroleum Industry Bill into law

NNPLC became fully private and they don't get shishi from government

They now operate like Total, Bovas, Forte Oil... Whatever they buy they sell for profit

No budget for subsidy in the 2023 budget

Only the Senate can pass laws on subsidy and make a supplementary budget the Senate have not been inuagurated

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by FlawlessKarl: 6:16am On Jun 05, 2023
shocked

The zoo must fall under clueless bastard Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by nairalanda1(m): 6:20am On Jun 05, 2023
solmusdesigns:
You guys still don't understand Subsidy is gone forever?!

After Buhari signed Petroleum Industry Bill into law

NNPLC became fully private and they don't get shishi from government

They now operate like Total, Bovas, Forte Oil... Whatever they buy they sell for profit

No budget for subsidy in the 2023 budget

Only the Senate can pass laws on subsidy and make a supplementary budget the Senate have not been inuagurated

Well, we hope it is gone...especially with our fiscal status in a really bad way.

1 Like

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by Parachoko: 6:24am On Jun 05, 2023
I hope Asiwaju won't backtrack on this fuel subsidy issue

Absolute Majority Of Nigerians supporting him on this issue

5 Likes

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by solmusdesigns: 6:25am On Jun 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

Well, we hope it is gone...especially with our fiscal status in a really bad way.

There's a rumor going around that we are in such bad position that of we pay subsidy and service our Debt, FG and State won't have enough fund for salary

3 Likes

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by nairalanda1(m): 6:26am On Jun 05, 2023
solmusdesigns:

There's a rumor going around that we are in such bad position that of we pay subsidy and service our Debt, FG and State won't have enough fund for salary

Yeah, something had to give, and it is obviously not salaries.

1 Like

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by Omoawoke: 6:33am On Jun 05, 2023
FlawlessKarl:
shocked

When they say you people don’t know how to play politics, you will think we are lying. You are too arrogant to play politics and it will never ever favor you. When you think you are special, others are special too and are smarter than you are

So Nigeria don turn to zoo ba, same zoo you were so desperate for Peter obi to win.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by Kaiser20: 7:01am On Jun 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

It is possible

Nigerians love their cheap fuel.

But this time, I don't think the money is there.
Apc under Buhari stole all the money, Apc today must produce the money back

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by Bevista: 7:29am On Jun 05, 2023
ocloud:

The problem is that no one knows what the true unsubsidized price of petrol should be. We are only working with whatever figures the NNPCL is offering. I have read somewhere that the real price should be around N350. But then, until we know the landing cost & distribution cost and also the exchange rate the NNPCL is using, everything still seems like a sham.

NNPCL is still the sole importer of the product. Whatever price they fix is what others will work. That's not how free markets and competition works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by Mattswaggz: 9:24am On Jun 05, 2023
What the previous government did to Nigeria will be felt even in the next 30yrs ........it was nothing but a calamity. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 05, 2023
FlawlessKarl:
shocked

The zoo must fall while your stupid Biamfla Baby factory and criminal leaders like Kalu and co, who underdeveloped your gully erosion, red mud ridden and primitive Igbo region are still dragging positions in Nigeria.
Una go get sense by force.

If I were Tinubu, I would sign a shoot at sight order for any idiot talking about Bianflaud to be killed.

When your useless Azikiwe and Ironsi were ruling and your people were calling the shot in Nigeria you didn't remember that Nigeria is a zoo.

Las las the federal government go teach una sense like Nnamudi Cownu is receiving his own sense now.

1 Like

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 05, 2023
Omoawoke:

When they say you people don’t know how to play politics, you will think we are lying. You are too arrogant to play politics and it will never ever favor you. When you think you are special, others are special too and are smarter than you are

So Nigeria don turn to zoo ba, same zoo you were so desperate for Peter obi to win.
Don't mind them they want to eat their cake and still have it.
What a senseless people!

Tomorrow they will be begging for votes after calling Nigeria zoo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by KimFlorence: 10:26am On Jun 05, 2023
FlawlessKarl:
shocked

You and your family will fall into deep pits. Nigeria is not a zoo but your state of origin is. Check well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by cigaricon(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2023
ocloud:

If it's not coming from Falseprophet1 then I'm not believing it sad

1 Like

Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by ashawopikin(m): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2023
Nothing is impossible in Nigerian politics
Re: Let Me Predict What Will Happen This Week by grandstar(m): 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2023
Bevista:
The problem is that no one knows what the true unsubsidized price of petrol should be. We are only working with whatever figures the NNPCL is offering. I have read somewhere that the real price should be around N350. But then, until we know the landing cost & distribution cost and also the exchange rate the NNPCL is using, everything still seems like a sham.

NNPCL is still the sole importer of the product. Whatever price they fix is what others will work. That's not how free markets and competition works.

If NNPC is still the sole importer, the market truly isn't free. Then again, I think that 350 price may be too low.

It all depends on many parameters. For instance, what exchange rate rate should be used- 461. 630 or 750? These multiple exchange rates distorts lots of things.

What is the cost of import licences for it? I am an estate agent and if I am correct, I have seen licenses for AGO and Kerosene being marketed for 500m and may only cover a year. This seems outrageous.

In Atlanta, a litre of gasoline is 90cents. I calculated that state and federal taxes are a total of 10cents. That's 80cents per litre. If multiplied by 630, that is N504 at the pump price.

(1) (Reply)

Finally Leaving Nairaland For Good! / Tinubu Appoints New Bank Of Industry Chief Executive Officer / Ganduje Caught Red Handed, But Lets Go For Emefiele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.